PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid, Ramp Checks.......

JustMVG
07-27-2002, 05:29 PM
Is Pyramid doing the same kind of ramp checks as they have been at Castaic?
Counting life jackets versus how many people are going to be onboard,etc...
Thanks Mike

Chestah Cheetah
07-27-2002, 05:49 PM
They did once last year before the HTM incident - not to every boat though. The cops there are way cooler than Castaic.

sandblasted
07-27-2002, 07:06 PM
MandMVG:
Is Pyramid doing the same kind of ramp checks as they have been at Castaic?
Counting life jackets versus how many people are going to be onboard,etc...
Thanks MikeI went last friday...They took my money and gave me a map, that was it....No hassle...
and there was plenty of beach area to set up an EZ-up or whatever, albet a little rocky...screw Castaic, I ain't going there anymore until they lighten up...

DickDanger
07-27-2002, 09:09 PM
[/qb][/QUOTE]I went last friday...They took my money and gave me a map, that was it....No hassle...
and there was plenty of beach area to set up an EZ-up or whatever, albet a little rocky...screw Castaic, I ain't going there anymore until they lighten up...[/QB][/QUOTE]
Hear that Castaic? Yet another satisfied customer!!!! -DD Out

79Hawaiian
07-27-2002, 09:41 PM
They are doing random checks. I have been to Pyramid 3 times this season and the first two times the guy who stands on the ramp to direct traffic asked if I had baffles in my pipes, that's it.
The third time EVERY boat was being checked for the full package: vests, oar, fire extinguisher, throw cushion, anchor, and registration by California's finest. They were logging CF numbers, operators name, and date-of-birth.
I later found out the info is logged into a database to track repeat offenders. The patrol can radio from on the lake and find out if an operator has been sited before for and for which offenses. Apparently this is part of the backlash from HTM event but I understand it has always been policy, just never exercised since the bureau asked why???
I suggest bringing everything since you really need all of it anyways and you would hate to wait in line if you could not launch!

JustMVG
07-28-2002, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the info everyone, i just wanted to make sure. Hope to make it next weekend for the get together on the 4th. See Ya Mike