PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Performance Marine

Frosty_pop
05-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Anybody ever had any dealing with this shop? What did you think? Is there any other good marine shops that will work on jet boats in the San Diego area?

ROZ
05-21-2003, 07:37 PM
Frosty_pop:
Anybody ever had any dealing with this shop? What did you think? Is there any other good marine shops that will work on jet boats in the San Diego area? I think JP Performance is out in Lemon grove or Spring Valley somewhere....

Frosty_pop
05-21-2003, 07:51 PM
JP is in Lakeside, I called them and they said they don't do jet boats. San Diego Performance Marine is in Spring Valley or Lemon Grove off Bancroft.

ROZ
05-21-2003, 07:57 PM
Frosty_pop:
JP is in Lakeside, I called them and they said they don't do jet boats. San Diego Performance Marine is in Spring Valley or Lemon Grove off Bancroft. Yup, that's the one :D

Rexone
05-21-2003, 08:00 PM
They've been a long time customer of ours. From everything I hear Neil does excellent work and is very knowledgeable.

SDLifesaver
05-23-2003, 08:24 AM
Neil does really good work just don't be in a hurry to get it back. JP does do work on jets, but he's a grumpy old man. My opinion is that Neil is man to see. .02

Cs19
05-23-2003, 08:32 PM
does that powalski guy still do performance work on boats out of san diego still? thanks.

hwyman
05-26-2003, 06:37 AM
Bought my boat from Niel in '96. Good Guy, he has treated me right. As far as speed, I dont' know about that, haven't been there in a few years. My boat was built very well.
JP does work on jets, maybe you got the wrong
info from someone. As far as grumpy, yes he is. but, you just got to learn to work with Joe. He's ok, imo

helter skelter
05-26-2003, 06:36 PM
Neil is a good dude , does good work, and is fair... dealt with him for years with my 19' California Performance and has been very helpful... even if he lags at time.
SD Performance Marine is on Olive St. in Spring Valley... on the corner of Bancroft and Olive.
fyi...
JP Marine is on Maine Ave. in Lakeside... next to NuTech Engines and Webb's RV.
personally... I recommend the former of the two... just my 1 1/2 cents.
[ August 24, 2003, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: helter skelter ]

woodster
05-26-2003, 08:29 PM
Frosty_pop:
JP is in Lakeside, I called them and they said they don't do jet boats. San Diego Performance Marine is in Spring Valley or Lemon Grove off Bancroft. JP marine in lakeside? Joe specializes in Jetboats. HE built 572daytonas boat here on the boards. U should email him. Joe does great work but hes a little on the pricey side.I would call JAck at MPD..

helter skelter
05-27-2003, 09:37 PM
JP marine in lakeside? Joe specializes in Jetboats. HE built 572daytonas boat here on the boards. U should email him. Joe does great work but hes a little on the pricey side.I would call JAck at MPD..
Actually... I knew this boat fairly well in it's previous life in San Diego... Neil at SD Performance Marine built/rigged that boat for a fella named Tony Margott, NuTech Engines built the engine. Joe serviced the pump... added the DPS Cavitation Reducer... and changed some hardware such as the intake loader grate.
As for MPD... Jack is certainly the "go fast" man. Jerry Hicks and Ron Segni, both fast dudes, have benefited from his expertise and services. I recently purchased a intake loader grate from him for my gullwing... and whoa! Right on the money.