PDA

View Full Version : Needles/Bullhead/Sandbar August 24th

disco_charger
08-17-2002, 07:41 AM
The Disco's and their award winning boat invite all of you (the unwashed masses) to come out to God's section of the river for a weekend of Coors Lights', BBQ, nudity (probably just me), and an opportunity to ride in the Award Winning Disco Charger. We shall be setting up residence early on Saturday the 24th at Needles Marina Park and leaving late on Monday the 26th.
Brian

No strESSEX
08-17-2002, 04:37 PM
Hey Disco,
I'll be out there with a couple friends from Thursday thru Sunday. We are staying at the Avi but will be heading down river everyday. I bought an Essex Monarch a couple weeks back - blue and burgundy. We will definetly catch you out there!
Kurt
(formerly Omega1) :D

Charley
08-17-2002, 08:31 PM
Good chance we will be there :)

THOR
08-18-2002, 08:32 AM
No Stressex,
I thought that was you. Going to needles huh? Damn, my wife hates me on these boards. I am yelling at her now. 'Hunny get your $hit ready, we are going to the river". Blah blah blah. "
Why not 'No mega1' as the name. wink
Disco, how far is that from Topoc?

hack job
08-18-2002, 08:58 AM
wish i could make it but ill be sanding the boat! and doing some motor mods ( can you say dyno!) have a great time disco!

disco_charger
08-18-2002, 09:30 AM
Kurt, oh, I see how it is, get a new boat and now you're to cool to camp! You dragging your slacker neighbor out too?
Topoc is about 20 minutes downriver from Needles @ 3500 RPM. wink I think it's like 12 miles.
Hack Job, just polish out what you got sanded, and lets get it done son! Dyno time is expensive. Think of all the NO2 bottles you could buy with that time. You'll never add 200hp fine tuning, but the button will. eek!
Disco
[ August 18, 2002, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: disco_charger ]

Windy
08-18-2002, 10:40 AM
Man...I wish we could blow off visiting my parents to go out there next weekend since we wont be back out to the river til Sept, but I havent seen my Dad all summer. Plus I promised LiLMissHB I would take her school clothes shopping. You guys have fun!
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/DSCN2199.JPG

hack job
08-18-2002, 10:46 AM
well i went and talked to dave at dne and he suggested that i should take it and have it dynoed it will help to see were iam going to hit my max hp plus i need to have the impeller work done i also talked to jack at mpd and said most likley to go to a "B" it would help me get osme rpm out of the motor! and 75 anit fast enough! lol i want the boat to be ab le to hit 85 but 80 might have to do! plus and the 24th iam going to see Tom Petty . next time for sure but keep this in mind my dyno time will mostl likely fall toward the end of sept! got to start saving the cash for that! :D

Jetboatguru
08-18-2002, 10:47 AM
Congrats to the lil MissHbjet. My report card looked exactly like that only the letters were different.

sandblasted
08-18-2002, 03:04 PM
Just so happens I'll be staying directly across from Needles Marina park next weekend...I'll be in an Ultra XT with blue gelcoat with yellow, green and pink stripes....Oh yeah, the house has a foam alligator sticking out of the ground..I'll have to cross the river to check out that green metal flake beast...

Hoof Hearted
08-18-2002, 03:41 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/DSCN2199.JPG[/QB][/QUOTE]
Looks like she really worked hard on the Social science department.

flat broke
08-18-2002, 07:34 PM
Disco,
I'm going to have to miss this one. Em has a social function with some of the teachers from her new school that we'll be attending on Saturday. Buuuut I do want to get back on the water again soon. I'm trying to figure out a way I could squeeze a couple more MPH out of the Spectra and get her above 60, but for now I think I'll be happy with removing the bow rail and winshield, new alternator mount, new bilge blower, and compounding/buffing/waxing her out before our next trip. Actually a back cut shoe shouldn't be that bad on the wallet so maybe I'll have to trailer her down to Jack and see if he'll let me borrow one that I can use as a guide for milling my own. Either way, I'd love to make it this weekend, but I can't. Look to make a trip sometime in mid/late september. The boat should be all ready to go again by then.
Talk to you later and have a good trip,
Chris

Hustler
08-18-2002, 09:17 PM
Disco we cant make this trip but we will definitly be there for the 14th

HBjet
08-18-2002, 09:18 PM
Hustler:
Disco we cant make this trip but we will definitly be there for the 14thWhat about the 21st?
HBjet

Hustler
08-18-2002, 09:26 PM
I still plan on making that weekend too

Charley
08-18-2002, 09:43 PM
now who does she look like missHbjet?? hmmm could it be YOU? :D

Windy
08-18-2002, 10:11 PM
Charley:
now who does she look like missHbjet?? hmmm could it be YOU? :D LOL...everyone calls her my clone. On the phone we have the same exact voice to. She got her dads brains though.
MissHBjet

kevnmcd
08-19-2002, 08:01 AM
disco_charger:
You dragging your slacker neighbor out too?
DiscoDisco-I resent (or is it resemble) that comment! :D No, it's not me...it's his other neighbor. I will be out there the next weekend, Labor Day. We will have to hook up one of these times, cuz you do owe me some cold ones!!! wink

No strESSEX
08-19-2002, 03:50 PM
Why not 'No mega1' as the name. Very funny!
So Thor, are you coming out next weekend or what? Hope to see you there.
Disco, I see my slacker neighbor, Kevin, told you that we'll be out on Labor Day weekend. In any case, I'll see you sometime this weekend, and we'll just have to have a beer in his honor.
Kurt

XClutchboy725
08-19-2002, 04:13 PM
We're Cummin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stayin' with the little ladies parents in Lake Havasu City, but plan on venturing up that way on Saturday!
I'll look for that Disco GREEN man!
[ August 19, 2002, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: XClutchboy725 ]

disco_charger
08-19-2002, 10:51 PM
Jeff, between your boat and my boat, we ought to have the metalflake thing covered. I showed pics of your boat to my Dad, I thought he was going to tear up. You definitely did a nice job on your rig. I will be stealing a few ideas from you!
Disco

Charley
08-20-2002, 07:00 AM
originally posted by MissHBjet [b] She got her dads brains though.
MissHBjetNot sure how to take that lol
:D
by the way .. Jen and I won't make Needles this weekend...Life is just to Crazy right now... Thank god the SCOPE poker run is this weekend, get a little fun looking at boats down in Long Beach!!
[ August 20, 2002, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: Charley ]