PDA

View Full Version : HALLETT REGATTA '03

burtandnancy
05-10-2003, 07:29 AM
Nick reports that a couple of you haven't RSVP'd yet and you know what that means, they may not have enough Double/Doubles! He's added a lot more things for all of us to do so don't miss the social event of the year...

Hallett
05-10-2003, 08:13 PM
it would be nice to have it at havasu for a change
i dont know how other hallett oners feel about
that i would.

burtandnancy
05-11-2003, 08:36 AM
You know, a lot of smart ass thots jumped threw my mind like: well Lake Mead is for adult boaters and Lake Havasu for the others, and Lake Havasu isn't large enough for the Hallett Regatta but that would surely start a lot of stuff. So let me give you one serious idea; launching and courtesy docks...

e-ticket
05-11-2003, 08:39 AM
What is the info on the regatta?

burtandnancy
05-11-2003, 05:30 PM
e-ticket, do you have a Hallett? Are you on the mailing list? If the answer to #1 is Yes and to #2 No, call (626) 969-8844 and ask for an invite. If none of this works, get back and I'll bring you up to speed.

e-ticket
05-11-2003, 05:58 PM
It is just a small one though!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/103Sprint12.jpg

burtandnancy
05-12-2003, 02:38 AM
e-ticket, that certainly qualifies. Look forward to seeing it there on Fathers Day. If you're not on the mailing list be sure to call...

HotHallet
05-12-2003, 11:20 AM
Got an original gel 77 bubble deck 19 Hallet with a 460 Ford, Bassett O/T headers, Isky 280 mega cam, high rise manifold. White with red metal flake. I got my reg. form and my father and I will be there! My folks have a house in Boulder so we will be near by!

C-Ya
05-12-2003, 02:03 PM
I got my invite, but I am still sitting on the fence about going. Is there anything that will make this event different than those in the past?
It is hard to complain when Hallett literally picks up the entire tab, but it would be nice if they would hold the event at a lake that had more waterfront amenities, so 300 boat owners didn't have to pull their boats in early afternoon to get to town for the party.
C-Ya
[ May 12, 2003, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: C-Ya ]

e-ticket
05-13-2003, 08:53 AM
Thanks, burtandnancy
Just called today and info on it's way! wink

Reaper1
05-13-2003, 02:31 PM
RiverDave:
I swear I want to buy some old broken down hallett just to be able to goto this thing.
RD RD, We got room on the 270. Make my double double a 4 x 4. :D Sorry Dad frown

HotHallet
05-14-2003, 03:36 PM
Hey- E-ticket. Post some photos of your boat if you don't mine. It looks interesting.

e-ticket
05-14-2003, 03:41 PM
Here is link to pic of boat. I have hard copy pics of boat when it was still on dolly after being painted by "The Swede". Also pics of hooking it up to big Cadillac the same color.
http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=002586

Reaper1
05-15-2003, 09:56 AM
RiverDave:
Reaper1:
RiverDave:
I swear I want to buy some old broken down hallett just to be able to goto this thing.
RD RD, We got room on the 270. Make my double double a 4 x 4. :D Sorry Dad :( I was under the impression that the regatta was limited to family members because hallett picks up the whole tab. If it's not then I'll definately go and help with fuel and booze expenses. :)
RD Hey, we're all brothers here aren't we? :D

HotHallet
05-15-2003, 11:57 AM
E-Ticket- That looks like a bad ass boat. V-drive right? Can't wait to see it at the regatta.

e-ticket
05-15-2003, 11:14 PM
HotHallet
Yes, it is a Casale v-drive, 18 's in it. I don't think I will make it to the regatta. Didn't get my info in and have to go to Pheonix the following weekend. Then, my wife has a week off. Too bad it wasn't two weeks later. Would have worked out better. What is your Hallet?

burtandnancy
05-19-2003, 08:53 AM
Good News! They opened a new launch ramp right next to the closed one at Lake Mead Marina Saturday just a few feet from the courtesy docks. This will really help during the Hallett Regatta for those of you who have reserved slips or docks.Went out scouting for my check point this week-end and it will be OK if too many houseboats don't beat me in the AM (yes I can beat a houseboat if I really try).

Fat Chance
05-19-2003, 10:20 AM
BnN, do you know if the Marina is actually taking reservations for slips or dock side mooring?
Thx, Scott

burtandnancy
05-19-2003, 01:46 PM
Scott, I'm not sure if they have a hold on some or not, its usually first come, etc. If you got there Friday afternoon I'm sure you'ed have a good chance. Their phone # is (702) 293-3484. There are also come courtesy slips at Las Vegas Bay Marina now located in Hemminway Harbor.
This past week-end for the Extreme Magazine/IMCO Poker Run they had more than enough docks and slips, but the regular crowds were down. This coming week-end things will be tight...

Fat Chance
05-19-2003, 02:14 PM
Thanks, and I did call earlier, they don't take ressie for slips...first come first serve as you stated.
Whats the plan for Friday, where's everyone hang'n?

burtandnancy
05-20-2003, 06:48 AM
Well, in our case we're going to get a few boats into the water, make a quick dash around the basin and wait for family to arrive. Also, great new restaurant in BC: Montana's at the new golf course off Adams...

burtandnancy
06-02-2003, 01:23 PM
Just talked to Nick and he's found Elvis and hired him for a part of the entertainment. There will also be a free ice cream truck for the kids. The water park is marginal for being opened by the 14th, but the R/C pond, bass lake, skake board and BMX track are all open. Bring shade, even though its on grass rather than pavement it could be warm.
At the Overton check point, they are discounting the gas for Hallett owners, and will have a sandwich shop open for those of you who don't want to take out food. I made a practice run of the whole course yesterday and it was a blast, but not too many boats in the narrows all at once! The new launch ramp at Lake Mead Marina seems to be OK for 27 & 30 footers, for the rest I suggest Hemminway. As usual Nancy & I will be at one of the check points so we look forward to seeing ALL of you...

Reaper1
06-02-2003, 03:01 PM
Can "Big Kids" have free ice-cream too? :)

burtandnancy
06-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Only if you wait in line like the well behaved kids. Well, one week to go and Nicks got a lot of neat prizes. Over 50 mfgrs have donated door prizes, he's got new T shirts, lots of goodies. So far the trophy for the longest pull will go to a Hallett from Nebraska. Nancy & I are leaving for Lake Mead Tuesday AM, the Celine concert Wednesday PM, playing on the lake Thur/Fri/Sun. There will be a lot of brand new boats, some less than a week old...

JAM
06-06-2003, 07:25 PM
Any other advice for "first timers" to the regatta?

burtandnancy
06-06-2003, 08:24 PM
Jam, I'll only tell you because we seem to be neighbors, so don't tell anyone else; get there early Friday if you can, launch and get a slip or dock at the Marina for overnight. At the drivers meeting (8:30 AM) at special events beach (between the two marina's) be sure to sign in and get your free drawing ticket. Stop at every check point, take a swim, have some refreshments, don't be in a hurry to finish, see the lake. Be sure you say hello to Nancy & I, we'll be a check point in Rotary Cove, either your first or last stop depending on how you want to run it...

Fat Chance
06-06-2003, 08:26 PM
This will be my second, so I'm by no means a veteran. I will say it is a kick ass time, with no expense spared. It reminds me what a great family the Hallett one is. The only word of caution. If you're runnin anything smaller then a 270, the initial run through Boulder Basin is a bit rough, with the narrows being down right nasty. After that...pure heaven, right up to the double-double.

Wet Dream
06-06-2003, 09:24 PM
This is an original flaked Hallett. I don't know if they are looking for this type of boat to be there or if it's for the new ones. It's a 1976 Bubbledeck with a 455 and it has been gone through completely. I wish we could take her there, but she's out east now. Maybe someone could print the pic and take her there?
Have fun guys.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/352Mvc-171s-med.jpg

burtandnancy
06-07-2003, 07:30 AM
Its not just that we'd all like to see the boat, the regatta is for Hallett owners. This get together sponsored by Nick Barron is really one of the boating industries best social events...

JAM
06-08-2003, 05:41 AM
Unfortunately, we'll be heading up Fri afternoon, so we'll just keep the boat with us at the hotel (The Hacienda in BC). We're truly looking forward to the event as we have heard nothing but good things about it.
Being in the 210S, I guess we'll have to wait a while after the Big Boys pass through the gorge. About how far is the complete run mileage wise? How far "up-lake" does the route go?
Thanks again for the info and we'll see you there neighbor! By the way, do you own, or did you just sell, a 210S?

burtandnancy
06-08-2003, 05:54 PM
Jam, the full course to Overton Marina is just under 100 miles, an easy trip for a 210S unless you've got some killer motor and run too hard. The good news is that Overton Marina sells the cheapest gas on the lake, and they are also setting up a sandwich stand on the dock. Let the bigger boats get thru the narrows before you (or get one heck of a jump and go thru first). Its narrow and you'll get a lot of bounch off the walls. Nancy & I will look for you at our check point at Rotary Cove. By the way, Nick has had some really neat maps printed of the lake, you'll get one at the drivers meeting...

burtandnancy
06-09-2003, 07:51 AM
Jam, that last post should have read 100 miles round trip...

green with envy
06-09-2003, 08:12 AM
hey burtandnancy just found thread, I will have the house boat up with gary probably at check point 4. Cant get out till friday morning kid is graduating kindigarden. Believe that they actually dress up in gouns and caps. Also saw your going to celion deion concert. All my freinds on the dock didnt give it great revues. Sorry... see you guys on sat..
[ June 09, 2003, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: green with envy ]

HALLETT BOY
06-09-2003, 11:13 AM
Hey BurtandNancy...how's the launching at Hemminway? That's where we are launching from, right? Haven't been to Mead since last Regatta...

Fat Chance
06-09-2003, 11:22 AM
...and what's the best way to get over night moorage at one of the marinas. I've spoke with the folks at Lake Mead Marina, and they don't take reservations, and it is first come first serve. They even told me that if you book a spot in the morning, go out boating for the day and come back, it could be gone. First come first serve as you come off the lake that evening is the story. Do you guys know of any better arrangement?
See ya in Mead!!
Scott
[ June 09, 2003, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Fat Chance ]

burtandnancy
06-09-2003, 01:37 PM
Hallett Boy, there is still launching at Hemminway, but its getting smaller by the day. If you have a 30'er or less, try the new ramp at Lake Mead Marina, and try to get in early as possible Friday.
Fat Chance, you said it all, thats usually the deal with the slips all year around. If you do have to pull the boat out, drop it at your hotel or if you take it to the party in the park, there will be adequate parking in the street. Passenger vehicles will have 300 parking places inside the park.
Nick has again hired the helicopter for 5 hours of aerial shots of everyones boat from the air. Some of the pictures will be available at the party. If Bob Brown uses the same pilot as last year, keep you head down!

JAM
06-10-2003, 08:09 PM
Thanks for all the good info Burt and Nancy!