PDA

View Full Version : Parker Az. new speed limit !!!!

SK48
08-16-2002, 09:09 PM
Just a warning the new speed limit on Hwy 95 from Badenochs to the Desert Bar turn off is now 45 M.P.H. and Business loop 95 past Arizona Shores Motel is now 25 M.P.H. Lapaz County Sherrifs and D.P.S. officers are righting a lot of tickets. Slow down you will still get to Havasu.

Boatcop
08-17-2002, 07:40 AM
Don't let this get out, but we (the Sheriff's Office) had nothing to do with the new speed limits.
I'm not sure why the speed limit on 95 from Badenochs went down, it's been 45 in the area around the intersection since the new highway went it years ago. It may be because of all the accidents at that intersection. I think the state DOT decided that reducing the limit substantially before the intersection would cut down on the accidents.
As far as the reduced limits on "Riverside Drive". We took that road over from DPS on July 1st. Our board of supervisors decided that since the area was primarily residential now, 25 MPH would be more in line with other residential areas. We were not consulted, or asked for any input when they made that decision. DPS no longer normally patrols Riverside Drive. (The old B-95)
We have been instructed to make judicious use of warnings for those going 25-40 MPH in the new 25 MPH zones. We want everyone to understand that it is NOT a speed trap, and we won't be taking formal enforcement action unless we keep stopping the same person over and over again, or they are going substantially faster that 40 MPH.
I don't know about DPS, but we have not issued ANY tickets for violation of the new speed limits.

WILDERTHANU54
08-17-2002, 01:17 PM
DAMN, I THOUGHT THE INTERSTION WAS A SPEED TRAP!!!
GEOFF

SK48
08-17-2002, 01:23 PM
Thanks Boat Cop. I drive both roads every day on my way to work. I've been setting the cruise control at 55 near Badenoch's and everyone is passing me and making obscene justures. I don't think most people realize the new signs are there.

Boatcop
08-17-2002, 02:12 PM
That 45 MPH sign caught ME by surprise the other day, when I first saw it.
When in my marked unit, I try and drive a few miles over the limit if it's safe to do so. Otherwise the traffic backs way up behind me.
It kinda ticks me off when I get behind someone, and they get paranoid and drive 5-10 MPH below the speed limit, "just to be sure". Heck, I've got places to get to, too! I KNOW that they go 65-70 when we're not around.
I was following a guy who was at 50 from the shopping center north. When he slowed to 40 at Badenoch's, I was just about to pull him over for obstructing traffic, when I saw the 45 sign, and thought "Where the hell did THAT come from? :confused:
I guess I should be glad that they're only doing 5-10 below. In a few months the snowbirds'll be back, with the 45 foot class A Winne-barge-os, doing 35 in a 65 with the left turn signal on. :mad:

Havasu_Dreamin
08-17-2002, 02:33 PM
Boatcop:
I guess I should be glad that they're only doing 5-10 below. In a few months the snowbirds'll be back, with the 45 foot class A Winne-barge-os, doing 35 in a 65 with the left turn signal on. :mad: I hear that! That drives me nuts! And it doesn't help I'm from LA so I drive fast anyway. :D

WILDERTHANU54
08-17-2002, 06:03 PM
Havasu_Dreamin:
Boatcop:
I guess I should be glad that they're only doing 5-10 below. In a few months the snowbirds'll be back, with the 45 foot class A Winne-barge-os, doing 35 in a 65 with the left turn signal on. :mad: I hear that! That drives me nuts! And it doesn't help I'm from LA so I drive fast anyway. :D DUDE, THEY ARE EVEN WORSE IN SAFEWAY, SHUFFLIN' AROUND ALL OVER THE PLACE.
GEOFF

HM
08-19-2002, 01:19 PM
Boatcop:
It kinda ticks me off when I get behind someone, and they get paranoid and drive 5-10 MPH below the speed limit, "just to be sure". Heck, I've got places to get to, too! I KNOW that they go 65-70 when we're not around.
I hate those people who overly slow when they see cops on the road. I never slow as I am usually within 5-10 (over) the speed limit (except residential areas - always the speed limit or lower). I have a clean record and don't have any warants and am driving safe for the conditions, so I almost never slow just because the police are around. I figure a lot of people don't pay attention and their automatic response is to step on the brake. Others, I think have/had problems with the law and try not to get pulled over - which I think is funny (Alan can attest to this) - the guys that are wanted by the cops and overly slow not to get pulled over stick out like a sore thumb and a little computer check on the plate and they get pulled over anyways!
I also get people who slow down in front of me because I drive a metallic silver Crown Vic (company car) and people think I am a cop! Once I get past them, they speed back to their original speed of warp drive! I always wanted to get one of those "Hunter" magnetic police lights just to f with people! (don't worry Alan, I know better!)

miller19j
08-19-2002, 02:17 PM
I was driving down the highway once with the cruse control set a sixty five and came upon about ten cars behind a Highway Patrol car doing about fifty. So I signaled moved over into the passing lane and passed them all. When I passed the Highway Patrolmen he looked over and waved and was laughing his head off. It looked like he was playing a game and trying to see who would be the first person to pass him. Once I passed everyone else went by him too. I guess I ruined his game.

HBjet
08-19-2002, 02:34 PM
I was told by an officer that most of the time cops like to look at cars just like anyone else. I was pulled over once in my home town (Fountain Valley) and the officer started to ask me about my truck being lowered. I told him it's within the legal limits, and he said that's not why he stopped me, he wanted to know who lowered it, and what all was involved. So I showed him the air bags, etc. It was cool. There was another time I was towing from Castaic and a HWY patrol officer got behind me, then next to me and I started to slow down and then he passed. Then he slowed down, so I slowed down more. Then he got in the slowlane and then off the FWY in the dirt slowing even more. I passed and then he got back on the FWY. I thought for sure I was busted. He came up next to me again, and on the loud speaker, said "Nice Boat" and then took off. I was stoked, but scared the shit out of me!
HBjet

78Eliminator
08-19-2002, 02:36 PM
HBjet:
I was stoked, but scared the shit out of me!
HBjetBoy, that would have scared me too! Geez!
[ August 19, 2002, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

skeepwerkzaz
08-20-2002, 10:52 PM
I have a '65 GTO and was driving from Tucson to Phoenix with a friend of mine a few years ago and I was letting the old girl stretch her legs out a little. It was a quite sunday morning in mid January 1994. The limit is 75 and I guess I was doing a little over 90. I got pulled over a few miles before Picacho peak. The cop saw I was a young guy and decided to have a little fun with me. He came up and gave me the old "Do you know why I stopped you?" routine, and I immediately went in to excuse mode...."but officer this is an old car, and my speedo isn't that accurate and besides the speedo cable is resting on my header....blah blah blah." He said "no, I just wanted to tell you you have a BITCHIN' car, and to have a nice SAFE quick trip home....and I have the back door." So I said thanks, started my car, waited for him to get into his, and took off. I was pretty hesitant about getting on it, but he was riding my ass. He turned on his lights and pulled up next to me, smiled and pinned his loud pedal. I gave the goat the spurs, and quickly began to leave him in the dust. I stayed on it for about 2 miles and had my speedo buried at 120 then I got off it and resumed my 85-90 cruise. He passed me again smiling, and said over the loudspeaker, " Don't let this go to your head." and took off. I have never told anyone about it until now.....But it was waaaaaay cool. I guess he and Alan are living proof that there are cool cops that like cool things just as much as the next guy. Me and my bud still laugh about it.......

HM
08-20-2002, 11:12 PM
Hey Skeep,
You needed to start that post like this....
Dear Hot Boat,
I never thought a thing like this could happen to a guy like me, but....

skeepwerkzaz
08-21-2002, 09:02 PM
Dear Hot Boat,
My name is Skeep, and I am a speedoholic. It has been five minutes since I sped last......