PDA

View Full Version : No More Oversize Tires on Trucks in Calif??

Trailer Park Casanova
06-06-2003, 07:55 PM
Theirs a bill being kicked around in Suckremento addressing that issue. It claims that only aftermarket tires that allow the truck to obtain the same mileage as OEM should be sold and installed in Calif.
To read the verbage of the bill;
www.americansandassociation.org (http://www.americansandassociation.org)
Click to Bulletin board: then click on: RV Trailer Tow vehicle Tech., then Post by 330R.
Democrats: The empty paycheck, vanishing liberties party.
-DAMFINO
[ June 06, 2003, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

Rexone
06-06-2003, 08:22 PM
These bastards just never quit. burningm
Next they'll be trying to limit all high performance equipment on cars, trucks, boats, you name it.
[ June 06, 2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

burtandnancy
06-06-2003, 08:27 PM
Calm down Mike, at your age, it won't happen in your lifetime...

Rexone
06-06-2003, 09:13 PM
burtandnancy:
Calm down Mike, at your age, it won't happen in your lifetime... i know lol, it just made me have another democrat seizure though.

Coach
06-06-2003, 09:14 PM
Let just find out who wrote the bill and run his ass over with our oversized after market tires. And tell the POS liberal that this is not Communist China and to take his Pink ass back to Hong Kong. :D devil
By the way did you read the thread. It will only apply to rims over 12" wide. What a joke why even put it on the books.
[ June 06, 2003, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Coach ]

ROZ
06-06-2003, 11:14 PM
Coach:
By the way did you read the thread. It will only apply to rims over 12" wide. What a joke why even put it on the books. They're testing the waters.....Amendments can be made.....

Trailer Park Casanova
06-07-2003, 07:05 AM
Once they establish a beachhead, all kinds of changes will evolve, it's called a liberal "Trojan Horse" law.
First offroad vehicles had to have a Green Sticker regisration. Then years later, they introduced a Red sticker registration with limited rideing times, and limited areas.
Trojan Horse law.

Mandelon
06-07-2003, 07:08 AM
That's how they get away with it. Start with 12" and keeping nibbling away at your rights. Soon enough 10.5"s will be on the target list.
The environazis just chip away at your rights and freedoms slowly.
Like the frog in the pot of hot water. Start slow but keep turning up the heat.... burningm

Trailer Park Casanova
06-08-2003, 12:56 PM
12" wide is standard on some heavy duty Pick Up trucks according to the BF Goodrich website.
My GMC is 11.5".
To close for me,, I hope the bill fails.

Backfire
06-08-2003, 02:59 PM
Increasing the tire size should increase the distance the vehicle travels beyond what the vehicle thinks or odometer indicates, no? The increased load may decrease the book mileage but correcting for the extra distance traveled should bring some of the mileage back.