PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Blown/EFI new 28 'Conquest Cat

BoatPI
08-27-2002, 06:46 PM
Some may have heard about this one already. The ante is up, $10,000 reward!
2002 Conquest 28' Boss Cat.
Blown (BDS) Eickert 675" mountain motor, AZ 2149 D, hull number, JSXB1004B202. On a new Zieman trailer. Boatman.com (http://www.Boatman.com/conquestboats_stolen.PDF)
Burglars broke into the manufacturing facility of Conquest/Group One Marine in Lake Havasu City taking this boat and trailer.
Boatman.com Call tips to 800/325-8061. Calls over the Labor weekend will be returned this weekend.
Keith
[ August 28, 2002, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: BoatPI ]

intense
08-27-2002, 06:52 PM
WTF! These pricks are getting real brave. I hope this shit ends real soon with these bastards. This sucks!

Tom Foolery
08-27-2002, 07:06 PM
No way, another one? WTF!!?? Boats are disappearing faster than little girls!! :mad: People are no damn good.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-27-2002, 07:12 PM
I can't believe this! WTF is going on here!?!?!?!?!? This is the most boat thefts in one summer that I have personally heard about.
I'm wondering if some of the builders that have not yet been hit are going to get more proactive on their theft deterrent systems? Although, beyond an alarm system what can they do? Guards can be hired, but that is not fool-proof. Of course nothing is.
I know of one builder that was broken into during their regatta but no boats were stolen.

pleasantcat
08-27-2002, 07:15 PM
:mad: THIS HAS GOT TO FU***G STOP!!!
i dont even want to go to havasu for a while now. have a nice trip planned and loose a loved one (the boat i mean) all in the same weekend??? we all need to keep our eyes open for odd stuff being sold.. i have friends in the " streetracing " community who are looking for charlies stuff already. i'll have them look out for yous as well if you can give some info..
" bring back public executions please"

Bahner tunnel
08-27-2002, 07:18 PM
There are some losers with some MONSTER balls out there. First off where do you stash a 28' cat. I have enough trouble storing my 19' jet boat . I couldn't see stealing a pack of gum let alone a 100k plus boat, but then again I'm not an asshole either . Do any boat makers have cameras on there building/lots? 7-11 does and the most expensive thing they sell is an 18 pack of Coors lite :) , You'd think that a buisness that sells such big ticket items would have a decent security system , at the least a rabid pit bull named "Chopper" that hasen't ate in a week . Just a thought.

hd&boatrider
08-27-2002, 07:31 PM
-----Bahner tunnel
There are some losers with some MONSTER balls out there. First off where do you stash a 28' cat. I have enough trouble storing my 19' jet boat . I couldn't see stealing a pack of gum let alone a 100k plus boat, but then again I'm not an asshole either . Do any boat makers have cameras on there building/lots? 7-11 does and the most expensive thing they sell is an 18 pack of Coors lite , You'd think that a buisness that sells such big ticket items would have a decent security system , at the least a rabid pit bull named "Chopper" that hasen't ate in a week . Just a thought.-----
I would think that with the rash of stolen boats that more security is coming soon at the boat dealers. You are right, the boats cost too much not to have serious security. Of course there is always a way to steal what you want but it DOES catch up to you sooner or later. I like the Lojack idea. Set em' up. I have to think that these are somehow related. At least the real balsy thefts.

spectratoad
08-27-2002, 07:33 PM
I really hope they catch the tiny dick ba$tard$ and hang them by what little piece of skin they have between their legs. I do have one question though. It seems that alot of these boats are being stolen from repair shops, manufacturers etc... I think if I had a business that had alot of 5 and 6 figure boats laying around I would invest in more than a padlock. Don't slam me guys eek! but I think that it is a fair question of the shops. Maybe the shops can tell us what these guys are getting around to be able to walk away with this type of equipment. :confused:
[ August 27, 2002, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: spectratoad ]

Havasu_Dreamin
08-27-2002, 07:44 PM
spectratoad:
Maybe the shops can tell us what these guys are getting around to be able to walk away with this type of equipment. :confused: I'm not the shop, nor do I profess to speak for them, but you asked so I'll provide what I know, Essex does have video surveillance. I can only assume that the rest of the builders have something similiar,it only makes sense. I would be VERY surprised to find out that Conquest, DCB or Teague did not have some type of video surveillance system.
However, keep in mind, even the best surveillance system will not prevent theft entirely. It's mostly just a deterrent. If some low-life 2 time loser is motivated enough, and I think we can assume they are given the recent incidents, they will still steal it.

Bahner tunnel
08-27-2002, 07:49 PM
I hope that the "easy way" of owning a bad ass boat ends with some pillow biting in the local jail house . Get a job and some morals and respect others property . I knew of a few kids from school that liked to borrow/steal cars as a hobby. All I can say is I hope they don't mess up my "personalized plates" while there in jail . It will all catch up with you in the long run , Carma is a bitch :mad:

Bahner tunnel
08-27-2002, 07:56 PM
Damn double posts! :)

bchbum
08-27-2002, 08:11 PM
Now you guys have me worried about my boat in the shop. Maybe i'm lucky it's a Ultra Lighting , not a high $ rig . Still would be pissed if it gets took

Havasu Hangin'
08-27-2002, 08:15 PM
Havasu_Dreamin:
I would be VERY surprised to find out that Conquest, DCB or Teague did not have some type of video surveillance system.
Teague had video...when the tape rolled, they watched the boat get taken...the next day, of course...

BoatPI
08-28-2002, 05:09 AM
There has been considerable talk about LoJack use. Without letting out in a public forum all of the positives, and it's limitations, it can work well in most boats. The system has its limitations in rural areas.
Having investigated too many boats thefts I most often hear from the owner "I had the trailer locked with a padlock up front". Sorry, this WILL NOT WORK!! :confused: The best is the MasterLock or Fulton "gorilla" style lock that encases the front ball receiver. It can be defeated, but with a lot of noise. Would you spend $35 on your $100,000 hot rod boat to prevent theft?? On video, it is often poor quality. Digital hard drive recorders are available and allow for enhanced images. The only way to go is digital!
Keith

spectratoad
08-28-2002, 06:35 AM
HD, It is good to know that maybe the video can help. But like HH said it is not until the next day. Are landmines and C4 illegal in use as burglar deterrants if they get past the 220volt electric fence? :D

Liberator TJ1984
08-28-2002, 06:43 AM
with all the lawsuits around the boat owner would probably wind up being sued if any means of "radical" protection of property were to be used :mad: too bad the law just won't let you pop a cap in their ass and call it a warning :D

TOBTEK
08-28-2002, 07:00 AM
We had a rash of very bad vandalism here at the dealership where I work. Maybe the boat dealers should do what we had to. Do a sting operation! Bait the m/f's with a super ***boat and hide in a car close by, IT WORKS!!!

TOBTEK
08-28-2002, 07:01 AM
and if that dosnt work, Hire Leo the leg breaker! :D

69 Elim
08-28-2002, 08:10 AM
BoatPI:
The best is the MasterLock or Fulton "gorilla" style lock that encases the front ball receiver. It can be defeated, but with a lot of noise. Would you spend $35 on your $100,000 hot rod boat to prevent theft?? On video, it is often poor quality. Digital hard drive recorders are available and allow for enhanced images. The only way to go is digital!
KeithBoatPI, can you expand on where to get one of these special locks and what kind of digital equip is available and costs. Also, any other good preventitive measures?

Havasu Cig
08-28-2002, 08:14 AM
I hope one of these pricks attempts to steal my boat from my house in Havasu :mad:
BTW: If these pricks are reading the board and happen to make my Cigarette a target I think you should know that about 10 seconds after my motion lights illuminate (sp) the boat I will be coming out the front door with gun in hand. :mad: :mad:
I hope these pricks get at least some good "street justice" when they are caught. :mad:

Havasu Hangin'
08-28-2002, 08:28 AM
BoatPI:
...The best is the MasterLock or Fulton "gorilla" style lock that encases the front ball receiver...Sorry, Boat PI...but I gotta disagree. IMHO, the best deterrence is to do what I did...
...own a crappy boat...and mooch rides in nice boats... http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy34.gif

BlownCole
08-28-2002, 08:30 AM
Keith[/qb][/QUOTE]BoatPI, can you expand on where to get one of these special QB][/QUOTE]
I found this place (http://www.thestoreattlt.com/security.html) for the locks, or you might try a local trailer repair/supply shop

SmartMoney
08-28-2002, 08:36 AM
Frikin idiots!!!!! My outdrive and external steering was stolen a few years ago in Havasu right in front of Havasu Dunes on my 25 Daytona. If I only could of caught them %#@&^%$^.
Time to bring in the DOGS!!! A German Shepard and a Rotty would probably do.

Elsinore Cop
08-28-2002, 08:43 AM
Just got your flyer Keith, we'll be looking.

BoatPI
08-28-2002, 06:47 PM
I will work on a suplier for this wheel lock. I met the manufactuer several years ago. It is the best wheel lock I have seen, and it retails for less than $100. About 95% of the claims I investigate occur while the boat is on the trailer. Preventing outdrive thefts is nearly impossible. Keep it in a garage. Wheel lock is very easy to install. As far as digital surveillance supliers, they vary depending on you budget. Call Video Security Specilaties in Burbank CA. Generally these recorders are installed by professionals. Look under alarms and security in phone books, compare prices. Thanks to Uncle Sam the sensors are quite advanced. Expanded hard drive space has made this type of recording posible. DO NOT short change yourself on camera angles.
[ August 28, 2002, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: BoatPI ]

Rick Cane
08-28-2002, 08:02 PM
I will say it again, I think its damn inside jobs. Think about it they sell these 100 thou boats, pull a job to get insurance to do again then sell the stuff they jacked....just a big $$ circle. So, anyone out there I am looking for a 800 hpr motor. Will pay cash and no paper trail, I will meet you anywhere. :D

locogringo
08-28-2002, 08:34 PM
Rick Cane:
I will say it again, I think its damn inside jobs. Think about it they sell these 100 thou boats, pull a job to get insurance to do again then sell the stuff they jacked....just a big $$ circle. So, anyone out there I am looking for a 800 hpr motor. Will pay cash and no paper trail, I will meet you anywhere. :D Whatever!

THOR
08-29-2002, 05:47 AM
Rick,
Have a clue and dont buy into that crap. Come on!

pleasantcat
08-29-2002, 05:40 PM
i really dont think you would take a bad boat like these and not have enuf insurance to cover the full replacement value. oh and as you imply have them stolen... c'mon man.. these are good guys here who got f**kd by some dirtbags. support your fellow boaters as they would you right??!!! my .02centavos

Havasu Cig
08-30-2002, 09:56 AM
If you mean someone connected to the boating industry when you say "inside job" I agree. I don't think it is the management or shop owners doing it, but I would not be suprised if an employee had a hand in it. These guys seem to have to much info as to where boats are being stored and what they have in them not to have been fed some info from the inside. My.02

Floored
08-30-2002, 05:32 PM
the night before I picked up my Beisemeyer jet some unknown rats took the carb, ignition,battery,cut the wires and water tubes to my bassetts, T-valve and almost all the hoses, from the dealers yard. It was a small deal compared to what is going on but it made me pretty darned sick. the dealer gave me replacement bucks for what was taken. It still peeves me that it happened, only a 7500 dollar boat, but it was my dream boat and still is. On a slightly smaller scale I understand the anger of having your dream violated. Larry

Bahner tunnel
09-01-2002, 10:22 PM
I have also wondered about some boat thefts looking really convinent. You can never tell unless someone is caught and squeals on the owner to save his own ass. Overall a bum deal. :mad:
[ September 01, 2002, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Bahner tunnel ]

beyondhelpin
09-02-2002, 02:52 PM
I bought a secondhand stolen Scarab once in late eighties. After owning the boat for 4 years and tagging in Oklahoma and California, the guy I sold it to in Texas got drunk and got the boat impounded. Thats where they found out it was stolen. The boat was going up for an ownership hearing and the Dealer it was stolen from indicated to my lawyer they were going to try and reclaim the boat. That is until my lawyer found out they had 2 different insurance policies on it and told them she would be waiting for them at the hearing. They never showed up. Makes you wonder!

BoatPI
10-02-2002, 05:11 AM
STOLEN CONQUEST RECOVERED, ENGINE/DRIVE STOLEN.
The NASCAR style blower motor was stolen from this Conquest. The boat was recovered stripped in Temecula two days ago.
A significant reward is beging offered for any tip leading to the recovery of the engine/Drive.
This is one of many found with the engine stolen. Do we see a patern here??
The 24' Cole stolen last week was recovered in Sun Valley (LA). Blower motor stolen from this boat. See additional post in 2 days.

Elsinore Cop
10-02-2002, 12:58 PM
Keith, check your mail.

boatnam2
10-02-2002, 01:45 PM
i just dont see why someone would steal a boat in arizona and take a chance of towing it all the way to temecula.theres a 100 boats with blown motors all over corona that could be stole easily.

Charley
10-02-2002, 05:40 PM
I know why, Huge Balls or Tiny Brains .... or both.... is the owner of the conquest on these boards?

Jrocket
10-02-2002, 06:43 PM
Dam these boats are just up and vanishing like a fart in the wind! These people have huge balls indeed. Too drive from Havasu to where ever and then to Temecula and ditch this thing was ballzee.
I hope a boat owner catches them first then the cops.Justice would be served a little sweeter!
This is no joke.Just last week somebody stole my shoes off my front porch of my house.I was fuming pissed about it.I CANT even imagine how pissed these boat owners are now.I was pissed over some shoes.Charley and the rest of these guys must want blood by now, and I dont blame them. JR :mad:

BoatPI
10-02-2002, 08:25 PM
As far as towing a large boat from Lake Havasu to So Cal.....
Last year this fool towed a 42' Fountain (worth 250K) to Banning. Stripped it with another gent. Guess what. We found out, called in our great auto theft task force friends, YOUR BUSTED>
FIVE AND ONE-HALF YEARS IN CA PRISON!!!! When our state gives him up, AZ is waiting to take him away for a few more.
Eariler this year another bright bulb (an assumption here) stole a 28' Commander cat from LHC, towed it to his pad in Quartz Hill.
Hate to sound like I am stuttering, BUSTED. Awaiting trial (right, just cop out).
And while we are horn blowing, we are working on our third insurance fraud prosecution this year.
Boatman.com (http://www.boatman.com) One convicted, second wants to cop out, third in nearly in the refer...(lov ya Chick)

Charley
10-02-2002, 08:43 PM
Todd,
Do you have any warm leads right now?