PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break Family Spot?

jh4rt
03-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Hi everyone. I have just recently started boating again. I'm trying to figure out where to go for my son's spring break (April 10-14). I want to go somewhere not too crazy, where I can stay in a hotel (preferably with a marina / slip for my boat). I was thinking about the bluewater in Parker; we went there over Thanksgiving and had a great time. But, I'm a bit concerned that some of the craziness and beads from Havasu will spill over down there?
Any advice? Any other cool spots?
Thanks in advance for your help.

paradigm shift
03-13-2006, 07:15 PM
You said SPRING BREAK and FAMILY SPOT in the same sentence! :) Sorry I know no help.
I do not know how crazy parker gets during this time. As for Havasu one good thing once you are on the water if it gets too crazy and you are not comfortable where you are stopped you can always move. Nautical can get a little crazy but they usually keep it to a low roar.
If all goes as planned we will be at Havasu that week. Usually stay in town with friends if they have not kicked us out. :rollside:

JB in so cal
03-13-2006, 07:40 PM
If you're able to go mid week, Parker will be nice. I think your avitar is Roadrunner, right? If you try for a monday-thursday deal, you should be OK.

Flying Tiger
03-14-2006, 06:36 AM
Parker is fine at break.
If ya go to the Blue Water / Headgate sandbar the extreme south tip of the sandbar seems to attract families if it's crowded.

a catered life
03-14-2006, 06:54 AM
i would think Black meadows landing south of havi closer to dam would be cool...their ramp is not to good for larger boats and three-axle trailers. also it maybe a lil windy or even cold were trying to get to mead in april for our spring break good luck

jh4rt
03-14-2006, 07:01 AM
Well,
I got worried about Parker... So I went for it and booked a room at Katherine's landing. So from April 8-12 we will be at Mojave. They let me make reservations for a slip also. ;-)
If anyone else is going to be at Mojave, let us know.
P.S. That picture in my avatar is at Fox's...

dc96819
03-14-2006, 05:13 PM
If your sons a teenager he would like Crazyhorse

bchbum
03-14-2006, 06:34 PM
This is the first year we won't be spending spring break at Blue Water in 5 years . Been going every year since the girls were 5 years old . Never had a problem with anyone , always met other familys to hang with . :cool:

Rocket-J
03-14-2006, 07:47 PM
We always stayed at Beach Comber on the Island. We enjoy sitting in the channel and watching the zoo, but the Beach Comber is always quiet and layed back at night.
This year we decided to stay at the Needles Marina. We spend most of our time in the gorge anyway and still enjoy a day in the channel. We will be there April 7th thru 10th. I hope the warm weather shows up by then. :rolleyes: Al