PDA

View Full Version : Lost Isle Labor Day

West Coast Dave
08-23-2002, 03:00 PM
Just wondering if any one was going to be at Lost Isle Labor Day? We are heading up Friday from Fresno with a couple of jet skis and the Sanger flattie. We put in at Windmill Cove just a few miles from the island. It'd be fun if some other flats were up there. We saw a few last year. Great bar with a band at Windmill at night.

69 Elim
08-23-2002, 03:15 PM
Hey, good to here another sanger guy from Fresno. I have a 18' flat too. We should hook up at Millerton sometime. Anyways, I won't be going to Lost Isle with my flat. I've been warned to not take a flat there for fear of sinking. Just too busy. Maybe next year in a larger boat.

shreddz
08-23-2002, 04:30 PM
I don't have a flattie, but I will be at the delta labor day weekend. Post a pic of your
boat. I'll cruise by Windmill and Lost Isle
and look for ya! Do they still have Mai Tai's
on tap at Lost Isle? I haven't been there since
they reopened last July.
-chris

randy77zt
08-25-2002, 09:39 PM
lost island is one i my local spots.was there yesterday.the main channel can get rough.it is ok in early am.part of the problem is the prevailing wind comes in same direction as channel.it is one of those times where you keep the boat straight into waves.sometimes you can hit some big rolling waves.make sure you have a bilge pump .i have hit 100 mph on main channel but it was on a week night with no body else on the water.

West Coast Dave
08-26-2002, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the responses. We took it to the Delta last year and it wasn't that bad. You can get some big rollers in the main channel, just got to keep your eyes open. There were a few other flats and a few hydros. There are some really great channels you can make 90 mph blasts down.

West Coast Dave
08-26-2002, 01:28 PM
Shreddz, we don't have a scanner, but the boat is a 19 ft. bubbledeck. Medium blue w/ dark blue in it. The tunnel ram scoop is painted to match the boat. It's a V-Drive w/ chrome Bassetts. Randy 77zt, where else does everyone camp at? We stayed at Windmill Cove last year and there weren't that many people really. Most of the boats leaving Lost Isle seemed to be heading north.

HCS
08-27-2002, 11:29 AM
last time I took my tahiti flat outboard there
it got filled with water 2 times,like a dummy
had no bilge pump,had to bail it out!what a bitch.
sold that boat now I may go back,I don't recomend
taking a flattie there especially on labor day
weekend.Now I own a malibu response and plan on
going back again someday.

randy77zt
08-27-2002, 09:32 PM
they probably were heading back to tower park.did tp2 last weekend.all was good except for launch ramp very busy.tower park has decent campground,full service marina,store,restaurant,bar,and docking for a fee if you want to skip hauling your boat out at night.easy access from hwy 12 & i5.i avoid the 3 day weekends by launching after 2 or 3 on mondays and staying out late.i usually run out of haven acres out of lathrop.its 15 minutes from my house.i have a favorite spot in south delta to run my boat but is not around lost island.lost island is a bad spot for sj county sheriffs to hang out.make sure you have baffles and all the legal stuff on board.a guy at work got a $300 tickit for no throwable.if any fresno folks want to run in a quit area against a fast outboard email me.i run a mirage tunnel with a merc 260.

Heatseeker
08-28-2002, 12:45 AM
randy77zt:
they probably were heading back to tower park.did tp2 last weekend.all was good except for launch ramp very busy.tower park has decent campground,full service marina,store,restaurant,bar,and docking for a fee if you want to skip hauling your boat out at night.easy access from hwy 12 & i5.i avoid the 3 day weekends by launching after 2 or 3 on mondays and staying out late.i usually run out of haven acres out of lathrop.its 15 minutes from my house.i have a favorite spot in south delta to run my boat but is not around lost island.lost island is a bad spot for sj county sheriffs to hang out.make sure you have baffles and all the legal stuff on board.a guy at work got a $300 tickit for no throwable.if any fresno folks want to run in a quit area against a fast outboard email me.i run a mirage tunnel with a merc 260.Hey Randy, are you the same Randy that has the Mirage Jaguar that was at TP2?
Watch this guy, he's fast!!!

diggler
08-28-2002, 10:24 AM
Heatseeker:
[QUOTE]Hey Randy, are you the same Randy that has the Mirage Jaguar that was at TP2?
Watch this guy, he's fast!!!I was with Randy on Saturday and we went 100mph on the water just North of Wimpys! Biggest rush I've ever had except for jumping out of a plane at 12,000ft.
If you're going to the Lost Isle, the best place to launch is about 3.5 miles away from the Lost Isle at a place called Buckley Cove. They have six launches, tons of parking, and it's open 24 hours as it's a public launch. Cost is $9.00 for the day.
In Stockton, exit March Lane and head West until it dead ends at Buckley cove. (about 4 miles from I-5).

CoastGuardSteve
08-28-2002, 06:49 PM
I think my Spectra will give you a run for your money Randy! It's real fast on the trailer so lookout. What's the story with the trip week after next? Maybe then I can snag a ride in that beast of yours.
Derk, what was wrong with the plane?
Steve
[ August 28, 2002, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: CoastGuardSteve ]

randy77zt
08-28-2002, 11:29 PM
sept 14 at 10 am will be leaving wimpys north to sac.diggler already called shotgun but any body that wants to follow along is welcome.if i make it to sac i will have run the delta from manteca to sac (on different days).i will be in gas milage mode(55 mph).yes i have the mirage.most people that buy these boats use them for drag racing but i use it like i use my xr 600 dirt bike in baja-for touring.i cant afford a bigger boat -or stuffing 150 gallons of fuel in for a sunday ride.i get about 5 or 6 mpg running slow.besides i like giving those off shore boats a run .really would like a dcb 22 though.