PDA

View Full Version : Canyon Lake

OCStoker
07-28-2003, 01:29 PM
Does any one live there and commute to OC? I am thinking about moving there but am not looking forward to the commute. I lived there 10 years ago it was awsome. Golf, ski, fish and so on. I will probably commute to Irvine two days a week and work from the house the other three days. I was looking at some lake front homes with dock and hydra hoist. It would be so cool to jump on the boat after work for an evening booze cruise.

gmocnik
07-28-2003, 01:45 PM
if you only have to drive in two days a week...canyon lake is pretty close to perfect...
my parents live on the water and dad did commute (he is retired now)..
on the water homes are not ridiculously priced...
as i am sure you know, the 91 sucks at all times. go in early, come home early...ortega hiway is not that bad and much more predictable than the 91...exactly one hour from cl to irvine spectrum area...
good luck

OCStoker
07-28-2003, 01:54 PM
Yea, I work in the spectrum. I made the drive sunday from my office and timed it, 1 hour 10 min. to the front gate. I could of made it a little faster, but there were looky loos on the ortegas.

bohica
07-28-2003, 02:06 PM
That drive really sucks. The amount you'll be saving on the house, you'll be spending on your toll road bill. Heard there going to double the price of the toll soon. Much better off staying where you are, and buying the Funco. Just put the wife's name on the deed, pull as much money out of the house as possible and buy all the new toys. Won't make the house as attractable in case anything comes up. If something were to happen, just sell all the toys to me for a buck and I'll sell them back later. God I hope your wife never checks this board :D .

OCStoker
07-28-2003, 02:10 PM
bohica:
That drive really sucks. The amount you'll be saving on the house, you'll be spending on your toll road bill. Heard there going to double the price of the toll soon. Much better off staying where you are, and buying the Funco. Just put the wife's name on the deed, pull as much money out of the house as possible and buy all the new toys. Won't make the house as attractable in case anything comes up. If something were to happen, just sell all the toys to me for a buck and I'll sell them back later. God I hope your wife never checks this board :D . I am still going to buy the funco! I wont be saving any money on the house either. I would have to sell my house for 600k in order to buy one on the water for 500k. That is factoring in assosiation dues and the additional prop. tax.

Danhercules
07-28-2003, 02:50 PM
I hope you dont have a bike. They do not allow cycles in the gate unless on a trailer. yuk
I think that is sooooooo stupid!!!!

chub
07-29-2003, 08:13 AM
so that means "leaving for the river Friday" would change to "leaving for OCSTOKERS Friday" Sounds good to me butI don't think there gonna let BOHICA's boat on the lake though. Guess he'll have to get the tooner afterall.

OCStoker
07-29-2003, 08:48 AM
chub:
so that means "leaving for the river Friday" would change to "leaving for OCSTOKERS Friday" Sounds good to me butI don't think there gonna let BOHICA's boat on the lake though. Guess he'll have to get the tooner afterall. We will just have to cut his boat in half, that would make two 17 footers.

Waldo
07-29-2003, 10:31 AM
A friend of mine commutes to Costa Mesa via 91 to 55 Mon-Thurs. He leaves about early and comes home early with no probs.
Also, no other boats can run there unless you live there from what he told me.
No motorcycles but everyone has kick ass golf carts!

victorfb
07-29-2003, 11:29 AM
you must be a primary memebr to get a boat on the water. its a very unique place and alot of people love it there. if your really looking for a place in canyon lake i am building a 3500 square foot two story. 4 bed, 4 bath (full), only house on the street built street level so your boat doesnt scrap whne going in and out the drive way. the house is awsome and someone is going to get a very well built home. it should go for about low 5's. its not on the water but can see some. but the rest of the view is amazing. damn. im turning this post into spam. sorry about that...

OCStoker
07-29-2003, 03:17 PM
victorfb:
you must be a primary memebr to get a boat on the water. its a very unique place and alot of people love it there. if your really looking for a place in canyon lake i am building a 3500 square foot two story. 4 bed, 4 bath (full), only house on the street built street level so your boat doesnt scrap whne going in and out the drive way. the house is awsome and someone is going to get a very well built home. it should go for about low 5's. its not on the water but can see some. but the rest of the view is amazing. damn.
im turning this post into spam. sorry about that... The only way I will move there is to have a house on the water. I used to live there off the water. It was nice but just not the same as being able to stumble down to the boat after work for a little cruise. Like you say, you can get one hell of a house off the water for $500k.

victorfb
07-29-2003, 07:31 PM
yea. i feel the same way. and i am amazed what you can buy there. the house im building , i could sell for 2.5 mil if it was in manhaten beach or palos verdes, somewere like that. just amazes me.