PDA

View Full Version : anyone going to Elisnore Tuesday?

TOBTEK
01-05-2003, 05:29 PM
wanta drop the MACH in tueday the 7th, if anyone is going let me know...

JetBoatRich
01-05-2003, 06:19 PM
Dam job gets in the way of my fun during the week! yuk

Cole
01-05-2003, 08:01 PM
Not going to be boating...BUT IF YOUR DROPPING IT IN ON TUES I AM SO THERE!!!!!!!!!! Cole :D

jm2drvr
01-05-2003, 09:12 PM
I might be going next monday tob if you are interested.

TOBTEK
01-06-2003, 08:11 AM
jm2drvr:
I might be going next monday tob if you are interested. what time...I may ditch work wink

RiverLife
01-06-2003, 12:38 PM
It's really low right now so watch it around the sides!!

HavasuDreamin'
01-06-2003, 01:05 PM
RiverLife:
It's really low right now so watch it around the sides!! That means don't go to Elsinore unless you want to be crying on the way home. cry wink :p
I wouldn't chance it. Good Luck

HM
01-06-2003, 01:52 PM
hahahaha
Elsinore is low! Stay away! LOL
I was out last Sunday and no problems. I was in a 23' inboard with an extra 2000 lbs of weight and no problem with the bottom. It you stay inside the buoys, you are good to go. If you try to go to a beach, be very careful. Most of it is mushy, but, there are some good rocks to be found almost everywhere along the beaches.
BTW - Elsinore is documemented as one of the cleanest lake in CA. Where as a neighboring lake, Perris, is the dirtiest. But because the water is a lot clearer at Perris, people think it is cleaner. Bacteria, the stuff that can't be seen by the naked eye, is what makes a lake "dirty". Algae, the green slick stinky stuff is actually not considered "dirty" but can be gross at times. Also, when algae blooms, it takes the oxygen out of the water, and causes some fish death. People see the and smell the slick green stuff and then see some dead fish, and think the place is going to make them sick. Granted, that is not appetizing, but being edumacated on the whole dirty thing helps you not make yourself get sick.
My only reccomendation for Elsinore is to launch out of LERA just past Jack in the Box on the North side.
Holy "defender of Elsinore" Moly out. :D

TOBTEK
01-06-2003, 02:03 PM
HolyMoly:
hahahaha
I was out last Sunday and no problems. I was in a 23' inboard with an extra 2000 lbs of weight and no problem with the bottom. It you stay inside the buoys, you are good to go. If you try to go to a beach, be very careful. Most of it is mushy, but, there are some good rocks to be found almost everywhere along the beaches.
BTW - Elsinore is documemented as one of the cleanest lake in CA. Where as a neighboring lake, Perris, is the dirtiest. But because the water is a lot clearer at Perris, people think it is cleaner. Bacteria, the stuff that can't be seen by the naked eye, is what makes a lake "dirty". Algae, the green slick stinky stuff is actually not considered "dirty" but can be gross at times. Also, when algae blooms, it takes the oxygen out of the water, and causes some fish death. People see the and smell the slick green stuff and then see some dead fish, and think the place is going to make them sick. Granted, that is not appetizing, but being edumacated on the whole dirty thing helps you not make yourself get sick.
My only reccomendation for Elsinore is to launch out of LERA just past Jack in the Box on the North side.
Holy "defender of Elsinore" Moly out. :D THANKS H/M......IM ALL OVER IT! :D

Havasu Doug
01-06-2003, 02:13 PM
HolyMoly:
hahahaha
Holy "defender of Elsinore" Moly out. :D HolyMoly, that is basically the answer I gave a newspaper reporter who stopped to ask me if I was crazy because I was going in the lake. I, also, said "green=good" cuz it keeps people away! :D It's nice to practically have the lake to yourself even though you're surrounded by developement. I never saw the article though. :D

Elsinore Cop
01-06-2003, 03:31 PM
You guys (especially Holy Moly) are great PR for Lake Elsinore. There are big plans for improving water quality and stabilizing the lake that will come to fruition over the next year or two. This includes aeration and adding water from different sources. I will post some info on this site on new laws on the lake before summer comes.
The hottest issue is that of the high speed zone, which many have predicted will disappear since the Castaic incident on 01-11-01. I am fighting to keep this unlimited speed zone. But we will most likely sacrifice weekends during the summer months (no speed runs on those busy days) I will keep the board posted.

Elsinore Cop
01-06-2003, 04:04 PM
That also reminds me of a reporter who once used a green lens filter on his camera to show how green Lake Elsinore is in the newspaper.

HM
01-06-2003, 04:13 PM
Elsinore Cop:
The hottest issue is that of the high speed zone, which many have predicted will disappear since the Castaic incident on 01-11-01. I am fighting to keep this unlimited speed zone. But we will most likely sacrifice weekends during the summer months (no speed runs on those busy days) I will keep the board posted. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Isn't already illegal to go fast in the high speed zone when conditions are unsafe? I.E. too many lake lice crossing and not looking? Is a law really needed or is that something that will pacify the law makers? (I know the answer)

Elsinore Cop
01-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Yes to both questions. The current law says that you may only go as fast as is safe for conditions. However, we will probably see an end to the high-speed zone on weekends during summer (Memorial Day thru Labor Day) due to the large crowds. On a better note though, I am pushing to increase the overall lake speed limit from 35MPH to 40MPH. Although, there will be many hurdles to clear - don't hold it against me if it's not done.