PDA

View Full Version : People magazine Havasu article

uvindex
06-09-2003, 01:41 PM
So the June 16th issue of People magazine (my girlfriend subscribes and sometimes I read it, OK?) has a four-page article on Boating Under the Influence. It has pictures of spring breakers in Copper Canyon, guys taking breathalyzer tests, sidebars about people being killed by drunk boaters -- the usual (plus some Florida coverage.)
Here's a pic from the article:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/240people_mag-med.jpg
[ June 09, 2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: RatherBeInLHC ]

SCUBA STEVE
06-09-2003, 01:49 PM
LOL that is too funny.
I think I see the pontoon that hit me in the back round. :D
[ June 09, 2003, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

mbrown2
06-09-2003, 01:52 PM
That's crap...all we need is more bad press...next they will be saying Manatee's have been spotted at Havasu, whole lake a no-wake zone, and I will be buying a pontoon boat. jawdrop

uvindex
06-09-2003, 02:30 PM
...next they will be saying Manatee's have been spotted at Havasu...and they're being killed by carbon monoxide! :D

Up 4 River
06-09-2003, 02:40 PM
Seeing those pictures just makes me sick. So many of us don't want those type of people out there and this will just glorify it. I'm sure almost all of us on the boards have had our drinking hats on before, (Lord knows I have) but I'm sure the article won't talk about so many of us that have a DD for the day, or the guys that enjoy the day being mellow and then drink in the evening.
They also were out these during Spring Break when you have a bunch of college aged rookies out there on the lake. The rent pontoon boats and crash into Scuba Steve. (Soory Steve)

SCHWETTYBALLS
06-09-2003, 02:44 PM
THE GUY IN THE SECOND PICTURE IS FROM S.C.V.
HE'S A TOOL!!

SCUBA STEVE
06-09-2003, 03:35 PM
Up 4 River:
Seeing those pictures just makes me sick. So many of us don't want those type of people out there and this will just glorify it. I'm sure almost all of us on the boards have had our drinking hats on before, (Lord knows I have) but I'm sure the article won't talk about so many of us that have a DD for the day, or the guys that enjoy the day being mellow and then drink in the evening.
They also were out these during Spring Break when you have a bunch of college aged rookies out there on the lake. The rent pontoon boats and crash into Scuba Steve. (Soory Steve) you know that guy that hit me wasnt heven 21. What a punk ass. The upside of the pic is they didnt show any girls. You know if they did, there would been a line at the dam pontoon rental place already. :mad:

Zuumer
06-09-2003, 04:03 PM
Yo Folks....
Don't get mad.....GET EVEN :cool:
Havasu Cig did a very nice job of getting folks to stand up to the stuff at Havasu Marina. Not tryin' to stir the pot but....
How's about those of us who traditionally are River Aware and care about this little place on our planet we have worked so hard to get to and hate when other folks F$CK IT UP, send some words to People Magazine countering the stuff they printed. We sure have enough folks who get pi$$ed at the trashers that trash the lake to have our voice heard. I've been here 10 years and, like Glamis, have seen the punks trash it. :confused:
Anyone interested....hope so :) :)
Ron

superdave013
06-09-2003, 04:05 PM
fockers drinking bud light?? wtf???

al cole'holic
06-09-2003, 06:04 PM
...shouldn't be too much bad press at our Havasu, cause I think the article says "Lake Havasu City, Ca"..hehehe

andy01
06-11-2003, 07:32 AM
al cole'holic:
...shouldn't be too much bad press at our Havasu, cause I think the article says "Lake Havasu City, Ca"..hehehe Yeah........... CITY! But it looks like they have water shoots. How big is the article?

spectratoad
06-11-2003, 07:58 AM
My wife read taht to me on the way back from Vegas this weekend. It sure makes LHC out to be a bad place to be during the summer. I think the partying is going to start receiving the hard hand of the law if it keeps getting as extreme as it seems to be.