PDA

View Full Version : anyone for castaic on 6/8 (sunday)

rvrkaosI
06-04-2003, 09:47 PM
probably going to hit castaic on Sunday? Does anyone know if reservations are necessary if I get there before 8am? Also, anyone from the board going that day?
RVRKAOS

H2on22
06-04-2003, 11:02 PM
I should be there with some friends. See you at the back cove.

Trailer Park Casanova
06-05-2003, 04:06 AM
Nah,
Ya don't need reservations, and it's always first come first served.
The far, east cove with the sand beach is called Elizabeth Canyon. Watch the open containers there,, the rangers (police) sometimes appear outta the brush and start writing everyone.
This trick is usually performed around or before noon. Pour your drinks into unmarked, insulated cups. In Calif, you don't have to take the field sobriety test; that's not considered a refusal, but you do have to take it if they take you in or it'll be considered a refusal at that point. They also site anyone swimming.
As the summer progresses, the late Sundays see less boaters and it becomes easier to get in and launch and back out.
We go Friday afternoons and usually have a boatfull of high school girls that wakeboard, then on to Chuy's on Lyons.

NorCal Gameshow
06-05-2003, 04:33 AM
what's with the no swimming at castaic? damn i miss chuys...

JetBoatRich
06-05-2003, 05:43 AM
Just keep heading north and go to Buena Vista, the rangers will not be undercover or hiding in the bush eek!

H2on22
06-05-2003, 09:50 AM
No swimming in the lake, no drinking in the entire area and 35mph. :rolleyes:
Go figure those out. I think by the end of this century our boats are going to have to be fully enclosed in canopies and everyone will have to wear a life vest as soon as they enter the gates of Castaic. You never know when someone could potentially TOUCH the water. We don' want that. eek!

JetBoatRich
06-05-2003, 10:36 AM
H2on22:
No swimming in the lake, no drinking in the entire area and 35mph. :rolleyes:
Go figure those out. I think by the end of this century our boats are going to have to be fully enclosed in canopies and everyone will have to wear a life vest as soon as they enter the gates of Castaic. You never know when someone could potentially TOUCH the water. We don' want that. eek! That is why I don't go there, unless I have no choice. I do like a beer now and then, but don't think I should have to hide it :mad: Undercover cops at the lake devil what next

Eric455
06-05-2003, 04:33 PM
you tell them rich. come on guys lets face it castaic sucks @least admit it man.
eric

H2on22
06-05-2003, 10:16 PM
It does suck with all the BS, but...it's so close and I can have the rest of the hotties just meet me there instead of waiting for them in the morning (an hour to put on a bikini sleeping the thing only covers up 4-5 inches of skin anyway :confused: )
So I have to use my cool thermos mug, keeps the silvers cold anyway.
Does anyone know if those cops can come on board and look in your cooler if you are just chillin'? What's the law on that?

RiverReady2
06-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Whats up with Castaic is it closing? I hered the last day is june 30th. Its small, overcrowded to many rules but its close. If anybodys got any info let me know.
Justin

JetBoatRich
06-06-2003, 05:25 AM
I have heard that they will look in your coolers for open containers :o and write a ticket devil they are starting to use more radar for speeding eek!