PDA

View Full Version : JC Marine

Dave Nigren
07-19-2002, 06:07 PM
Just finished our house in Havasu. This means no more towing the boat back home. Looking for new shop in Havasu for repairs and service. 3 different familys have told me about JC Marine. Is this the only boat shop in town or are they that good? If anyone has had experience good or bad please post here. Leaving the shop your family has used for over 20 years is hard- time to move on but need to be sure I have the right place to go when the boat does not feel well. Thanks for the help-Dave

shiznit
07-19-2002, 06:16 PM
Savage Marine on Industrial Rd is the only place I would take my boat for service and repairs. They are in the north end of town right next to Windsor Beach launch ramp. Ask for Kelly, she'll take care of ya.
Peace out,
Shiznit
[ July 19, 2002, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: shiznit ]

Dave Nigren
07-19-2002, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the info. I have been by this shop before. I have seen some pretty serious hardware out front. I don't think I have the money to be runnin' with that crowd. Do they work on stock Mercruiser packages?

SK48
07-20-2002, 06:09 AM
Probably the best place for stock Mercruiser service in our area is Havasu Springs Boat Repair.
They are at the south end of the lake by Parker Dam. Mercury outboard, and Mercruiser certified. I have been using them for fourteen years since I moved here from Orange County. Ask for Dave he has been there forever.

locogringo
07-20-2002, 02:08 PM
Dave,
Savage is by far the only place I have ever taken my boat also. Steve and his crew know what they are doing and their prices are within reason. We just bought a house out there also. We should hook up some time if the interest is there.
Loco OUUUUUTTTT!1

Finally Gotta Schiada
07-20-2002, 09:30 PM
Hey Dave- I just noticed in Hot Boats you say you just bought a Schiada River Tunnel. I would definitly go check out JC Marine. Chris Crisman- one of the owners has a River Tunnel like your new boat. He is very familar with that hull and HP500 package you have. I have the same boat you have and Chris has helped alot in getting the right prop on it etc. We hit the water every wednesday night after work if you are ever in town. I have been using JC since they opened and have been very pleased with pricing, turn around time, and quality of work. I would suggest them to anyone. These other guys are correct about Savage though. I have only heard good things about them- never used them myself. But in this town if someone is doing something wrong we all hear about it. JC does not do anywhere near the serious high performance stuff that savage does- most of us on this site could not even afford one of the motors he installs, let alone 2 or 3 at one time. (By the way- The River Tunnel That Chris from JC Marine has is blown and does 100 plus- so they do know something about the hi-po stuff.