PDA

View Full Version : Martinez 19-20

SD MIKEY
07-14-2003, 11:10 PM
Anyone else going? Is the horseshoe deal this weekend?

Kwicherbichen
07-14-2003, 11:44 PM
You mean G.M. Brown's annual horse shoe tourney on the sandbar? Not sure? Last time I was in that tourney I ahd a great time but got knocked out in the first round. :(
I think Lightning is going that weekend.

Lightning
07-15-2003, 01:06 PM
I am actually going the following weekend. That tourney draws a huge crowd, we were out last year during the tournament, it was packed.

SD MIKEY
07-15-2003, 09:32 PM
I called today, its on, horseshoes will be flying this weekend! STV is going up for sale so we'll be in the blue party cat. Sounds like a guy should get to the sandbar soon to get a spot.

Hotcrusader76
07-15-2003, 09:48 PM
Lightning:
I am actually going the following weekend. That tourney draws a huge crowd, we were out last year during the tournament, it was packed. I'll be there July 25-27 as well.

woodster
07-15-2003, 10:06 PM
Ill be out there both weekends.. White/blue 22 stealth.. Come say hi

Hotcrusader76
07-15-2003, 10:10 PM
woodster:
Ill be out there both weekends.. White/blue 22 stealth.. Come say hi I'll definitely be around since the boat is still at Wes's pad waiting for my attention...
We'll all have to get together at Fishers Bar or something as well.
~Ty

woodster
07-15-2003, 10:28 PM
Hotcrusader76:
woodster:
Ill be out there both weekends.. White/blue 22 stealth.. Come say hi I'll definitely be around since the boat is still at Wes's pad waiting for my attention...
We'll all have to get together at Fishers Bar or something as well.
~Ty Ty u remember what my boat looks like? I was at Wes's house 2 weeks ago and saw your boat.. Hes doing a sweet job rigging it.. Lookin good

Lightning
07-16-2003, 08:39 AM
Hotcrusader76:
Lightning:
I am actually going the following weekend. That tourney draws a huge crowd, we were out last year during the tournament, it was packed. I'll be there July 25-27 as well. Who are you cruising out with??? By the way, I saw your boat at Wes' house when he was working on it, he did an awesome job. The trailer turned out awesome as well.
[ July 16, 2003, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Lightning ]

GrapeApe
07-16-2003, 09:12 AM
My brother and I will be out there this weekend as well (2003 Purple & Gray Ultra Deck Boat). SD Mikey, I just spoke with Peggy, she said that it has been around 112 degrees and humid at Martinez. So pack extra Beer, Big John the Designated driver can drive you back to the dock. Oh yeah, she said that last weekend the water was high, and not much sand for a Horseshoe Tournanment, so bring your Snorkle and mask ..

cheezpanel
07-16-2003, 11:29 AM
We'll be there also. Anyone ever head out during the week? I'm not working for 5 more weeks, but the wife is, so I've got a lot of free time. Might as well spend it on the water :D

Hotcrusader76
07-16-2003, 01:26 PM
Lightning:
Hotcrusader76:
Lightning:
I am actually going the following weekend. That tourney draws a huge crowd, we were out last year during the tournament, it was packed. I'll be there July 25-27 as well. Who are you cruising out with??? By the way, I saw your boat at Wes' house when he was working on it, he did an awesome job. The trailer turned out awesome as well. Well...the little lady and I have a 6-person place reserved at MCCS for the weekend.
Hallet19 (on his best behavior :D ), myself, and some gals are going to be there late Friday night. I'm sure we'll meet up at the sand bar otherwise let's all get together and tip a few back (he said a few, LOL).
Yeah Wes did a bitchen job on the wiring. I will be around his place again later this week bolting on the last minute details, getting a good clean wax/crud removal on the hull, and some solid plans to drop the motor in sometime.
See ya'll out there...

Hotcrusader76
07-16-2003, 01:28 PM
GrapeApe:
My brother and I will be out there this weekend as well (2003 Purple & Gray Ultra Deck Boat). SD Mikey, I just spoke with Peggy, she said that it has been around 112 degrees and humid at Martinez. So pack extra Beer, Big John the Designated driver can drive you back to the dock. Oh yeah, she said that last weekend the water was high, and not much sand for a Horseshoe Tournanment, so bring your Snorkle and mask .. I'm a McIntyre (Blythe) guy and I thought the water was very low at Fishers....No? All in all I had a bitchen time.

GrapeApe
07-16-2003, 01:37 PM
On a day when the water is "higher than normal" It is still low. So if you aren't familiar with the sandbars at Martinez/Fishers, you would think the water was very low when it can actually get lower.. Does that make sense..

Rubths
07-18-2003, 06:48 AM
SD MIKEY:
Anyone else going? Is the horseshoe deal this weekend? You bastard guy you! I've been working on my wife for days trying to get out of her work function Padres game but am coming up short cry I will be out the following weekend for sure wink

SLO POKE
07-19-2003, 12:51 PM
I need a new boat! :mad: :( burningm

Rubths
07-21-2003, 06:44 AM
Well all the bitching I did with the wife finally paid off while at dinner friday night with some friends and I was able to make it this weekend. Couldnt have asked for better weather and the tournament was great, SD Mikey and I won our first game but got smoked 21-4 the next round bye a couple guys with no jobs and horseshoe pits in there back yards :rolleyes: yep it was ugly :( All in all it was very low key, I didnt see to many peeps out this weekend.

izquik72
07-21-2003, 07:07 AM
Yes it was a good weekend out there Not super hot. The water sure felt great I saw your boat Rubths you pulled up across from us almost I was on the east side. Hey Hotcrusader I am inviting pops down for next weekend so maybe we both can meet you.