PDA

View Full Version : nicest and closest place to stay at ming?

djdtpr
09-16-2003, 08:01 PM
Anyone know the closest and nicest place to ming to stay?

Johnwithjm
09-16-2003, 08:39 PM
Try the Rio Bravo 661-872-5000 right next to the lake. But they are usually sold out this close to the races. You may need to get a room in town there are alot of choices and it is only about 15 minutes away.

77charger
09-16-2003, 08:56 PM
I would say say rio bravo also.but my choice is the pit area.But i think it is limited to racers and crew.Aint nothing better than after a day of qualifying then its bbq and beer time with hte crew. and dont have to worry about driving anyhere just open the trailer door and out til morning :D

djdtpr
09-17-2003, 05:07 AM
Thanks i will look into it.We uaually stay in town but im tired of the drive and the truck stop food.

Hustler
09-17-2003, 07:19 AM
Hey djd, are going for sat & sun? I should be up there on sunday

wrightnow
09-17-2003, 08:19 AM
I'm going up Sunday also, Looking forward to it. Tying to get Big Proppa to go also. See you guy there...
Mark

djdtpr
09-17-2003, 04:19 PM
Hustler we will be there on sat & sun we will hook up.
Mark are you going up on sat night or sunday morning?

Wicked1
09-17-2003, 05:32 PM
Ill be there Sunday to!!!

LUVNLIFE
09-17-2003, 06:11 PM
Looks like I'm missing a good chance to meet up with you all but we will be at Buena Vista with some other members. See you guys next month. Or in Chandler.

djdtpr
09-17-2003, 07:36 PM
Hey john and 77 thanks for the info i ended up getting the last room at least thats what they told me,thanks again.

77charger
09-17-2003, 07:58 PM
djdplacecraft:
Hey john and 77 thanks for the info i ended up getting the last room at least thats what they told me,thanks again. wel at least you can hitch a ride to your room if neeeded or walk at worst.(only if you have been drinking to many)Last time there i saw someone getting the fst right outside the lake.

Johnwithjm
09-17-2003, 09:05 PM
djdplacecraft:
Hey john and 77 thanks for the info i ended up getting the last room at least thats what they told me,thanks again. Good deal. I will be helping my buddy boat 496 so I will see you there

565edge
09-17-2003, 10:19 PM
Djdplacecraft it was nice meeting you and your friends over the weekend,swing on buy i should be out there on the island,i have a white 95 powerstroke f-350 crew cab utility bed truck thats lifted and a big deisel pusher motorhome.We are staying from friday till sunday.

Banzai Fry
09-18-2003, 08:00 AM
If the Bravo is booked, The Double tree is where the Club puts up the staff. IF you need a lift up from town and stay at the double tree, i can give you a ride. I have to be there early though to make sure the sound system is up and running. LEt me know,
Jeffery Fry
Meanstreak 437 II coming Soon!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/928437.JPG

wrightnow
09-18-2003, 12:57 PM
djdplacecraft:
Hustler we will be there on sat & sun we will hook up.
Mark are you going up on sat night or sunday morning? Danny, I would love to be done there Sat. night with you guys but I have a soccer deal going that prevents me from going early, So I will just see you Sun.
Later
Mark

djdtpr
09-18-2003, 09:23 PM
John i will stop in and say hi and maybe try to bum a chew from you again. :)
565 hey good meeting you to we will hook up and have a few cold ones!
Banzia thanks i apreciate it we got lucky and got the last room at the rio bravo it worked out good though they only had a suit left and there are a few of us going so it worked out perfect but i apreciat it though.
Mark ill look for you on sunday,mqaybe if im not to hung over ill have a brew with ya.

Kilrtoy
09-18-2003, 09:54 PM
We should be up there on sunday in the pits of HIGHER POWER blown gas.
If you see us say HI.

Robbie Racer
09-19-2003, 07:15 AM
I plan on being there on Sunday to spectate. Hope to see you guys then. Hey John, did Mike ever try that impeller that I loaned him? If he doesn't want it, can you ask him to bring it to Ming and I will pick it up and try to sell it. See you on Sunday. Keith

boat030
09-19-2003, 07:48 AM
Keith, make sure you come by the pitts and say hi, we will be down at the end of the pitts by the gate to the launch ramp, I'm driving the red hondo flat.

Robbie Racer
09-19-2003, 12:55 PM
Will do Mike. It will be good to see you again. Good luck this weekend. R/R

jet4fun
09-21-2003, 08:24 PM
well i had a great time at ming this weekend, even though we didnt do very well cry ...
but thats o.k... a bad day at the races is still better than a good day at work :D
i saw a couple of you: wrightnow, johnwithjm, boat030... i propably saw some others too, but since i havent met many people off the boards i could be looking right at you and not even know it...
if you see me at the next race say hi, i am not hard to find... i pit for boat #460 it is a yellow cp tunnel named caution II, we run mod-jet and the 8.50-8.99 bracket. we are usually pitted right in front of the older playground at half track... i am the ugly bastard that usually has a black clay smith apron on that says "mr. horsepower" (because i always ruin my shirt if i dont wear it) and i usually wear a cyclone speed&marine hat and shirt... i also had a bald head this weekend because i lost a bet at work (long story)
hope to see you at the next race

djdtpr
09-21-2003, 08:34 PM
Jet i think i saw u today getting a shirt we were there with a some friends that run boat #200 comp jet and 8.00-8.49 bracket.It was a good weekend,nice to see everyone wish we could have partied a little bit but sat night hurt a little to much.

jet4fun
09-21-2003, 08:47 PM
djdplacecraft:
Jet i think i saw u today getting a shirt we were there with a some friends that run boat #200 comp jet and 8.00-8.49 bracket.It was a good weekend,nice to see everyone wish we could have partied a little bit but sat night hurt a little to much. no shit, you're friends with jim? cool. if you were at the t-shirt stand today at about 1:30 that was me. tell jim and bubba and the rest of the guys that i said hi. come say whats up at the next race, we gotta party on sat. night... i hurt pretty bad today too
p.s. i hope nobody gets pissed off by me saying this, but god damn. how friggin hot is the t-shirt girl eek! ... i dont know about you, but i had no problem waiting for her to take my order

565edge
09-22-2003, 08:37 AM
Djd,little chris and wrightnow it was nice meeting you guys this weekend,Im pretty sure i will be there next month to do it again,let me know if you guys are going?

wrightnow
09-22-2003, 09:10 AM
565edge:
Djd,little chris and wrightnow it was nice meeting you guys this weekend,Im pretty sure i will be there next month to do it again,let me know if you guys are going? Well I didn't see you run again, Did you hurt the motor?
Mark

565edge
09-22-2003, 11:29 AM
wrightnow:
565edge:
Djd,little chris and wrightnow it was nice meeting you guys this weekend,Im pretty sure i will be there next month to do it again,let me know if you guys are going? Well I didn't see you run again, Did you hurt the motor?
Mark I dont think it hurt the motor,Did you see my pushrod,I think you left before we saw the damage,I had a adjuster nut come loose and back off my rocker arm and i launched a pushrod.I must of done this on the last lake trip.I ended up running 96 mph at 6000rpm on 7 cylinders,It broke #3 intake side.Better luck next time,If i would of checked valve lash this wouldnt of happened?

Sangster
09-22-2003, 11:39 AM
565edge, 77charger...we probally drove or walked by each other many times over the weekend..hope to meet you all next time...John withJM Marine, it was good meeting you..Wish there was more time to talk..We'll see you next time..... :D
[ September 22, 2003, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

djdtpr
09-22-2003, 03:41 PM
Jet you are a 100 percent right about the shirt chick wow that was nice to look at,we will stop by next time and shoot the shit with ya.
565 nice 96 on a hurt motor!Thanks for the brewskis next time come over to our camp and drink ours.We will probably see ya next month.

77charger
09-22-2003, 06:36 PM
Sangster:
565edge, 77charger...we probally drove or walked by each other many times over the weekend..hope to meet you all next time...John withJM Marine, it was good meeting you..Wish there was more time to talk..We'll see you next time..... :D I saw were you were pitted we went buy on our way to the in ramp i was in the 006 boat(9.50-9.99 bracket)just really busy running around will make sure to stop by next month.we were pitted on the same side as you but right across from the burger stand

jet4fun
09-27-2003, 07:49 AM
djdplacecraft:
Jet you are a 100 percent right about the shirt chick wow that was nice to look at,we will stop by next time and shoot the shit with ya. for sure come on by, we got plenty of brews on ice once the race ends on saturday

Johnwithjm
09-27-2003, 09:27 AM
Sangster:
565edge, 77charger...we probally drove or walked by each other many times over the weekend..hope to meet you all next time...John withJM Marine, it was good meeting you..Wish there was more time to talk..We'll see you next time..... :D Sangster it was good to meet you also. Looks like your boat was running good. What class will you be running in at the next race?