PDA

View Full Version : Moving to the 909

Caribbean Jet
04-24-2003, 10:45 AM
Well today is my last day in Encinitas. Our house is finally finished in Lake Elsinore. My wife and I searched long and hard and found a house big enough for the both of us and in between both of our jobs and family. I've lived near the beach my whole life, I am expecting some kind of shock. She laughed as we drove down the shoreline near the lake and said "look its sort of like Hwy 101."
See you at the lake.

mbrown2
04-24-2003, 10:52 AM
Watch out for used needles...j/k The 909 is not that bad lived their for 10 years...Also, it is much closer to the river...If I could move my job it would be the 909 so I could get out of town quick on the weekends...Their are nicer places, but they are all near the beach and you need to drive in traffic to get the hell out...

missboatnam1
04-24-2003, 10:55 AM
thats great!!! now your near a couple of lakes, and closer to the river!!! well in any case, congrats on the new home....its great to be a homeowner!! :D

78Eliminator
04-24-2003, 10:57 AM
Did you already sell your Encinitas house?

LaveyJet
04-24-2003, 11:21 AM
Welcome to the IE. The best thing about living here, no matter where you spend your vacation, it's better than the home. :D

Caribbean Jet
04-24-2003, 12:53 PM
I sold my house in Vista about 8 months ago and I have been living in an apartment in encinitas. I know that it's not the coast but you said it right "when you go on vacation it is always better than home" nicely said. we could have stayed in vista but when you can double your home size and you don't hear your neighbor snoring, it's a big plus. We have not even moved in and we have made money. "They say?" I'm really looking forward to the heat wave over the next two months. JK
See you at the River.

goeasy8
04-24-2003, 01:47 PM
Congrats on the house. I left san pedro to move to riverside in 1996 and loved it. But lost job 12/2000 and we sold the house before any chance of losing it. Well we came back to san pedro and I'll tell you this I cant wait to be able to get the hell outta here and go back to the 909. the weather is no big deal, thats what A/C is for... :)

missboatnam1
04-24-2003, 03:01 PM
CJ, gave ya 5 for being in the 909>>>>>>WELOOME!!

Caribbean Jet
04-24-2003, 03:20 PM
Thanks Missboatnam1
See you at the lake.

Cole
04-24-2003, 03:37 PM
i have been dising on the "909" for some time now....and i really dont know if i would move back to the 949,714....(i know i know..everyone is saying are you on crack?)well.. its the 909 of course i am!!!
It is actually really close to everything the river is a few hours away{a big jump start on traffic}and you can be at the beach in a hour or so.
if your single its rather slim pickens for the girls..or night life!!
but enjoy...its not that bad!! Cole

Ziggy
04-24-2003, 04:00 PM
Enjoy the wind blown areas of the 909, I'll give ya a wave on my way thru from the 760 to the 928.
Coastal living is hard to beat, I live 6 miles from there and work 2 blocks from it...would be very hard to leave it if I had to.

DickDanger
04-24-2003, 04:11 PM
RiverDave:
How do you go to the river?
RD I usually thumb a ride with a band of fun-loving, but smelling of foot and ass, beer guzzling group of gypsies. BTW, thanks for the ride RD!!!! J/K....-DD Out
BTW, someone get over to Coles, and show him how to lock his shit up already!!!! LMAO
[ April 24, 2003, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

DickDanger
04-24-2003, 04:18 PM
Ziggy:
Enjoy the wind blown areas of the 909, I'll give ya a wave on my way thru from the 760 to the 928. Thanks, Ill keep my eye out for the guy with the inflated mortage payments induced ulcer. LMAO....Iz all good.-DD Out
[ April 24, 2003, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

Ziggy
04-24-2003, 04:33 PM
RiverDave:
Ziggy:
Enjoy the wind blown areas of the 909, I'll give ya a wave on my way thru from the 760 to the 928.
Coastal living is hard to beat, I live 6 miles from there and work 2 blocks from it...would be very hard to leave it if I had to. I live down in carlsbad now there's a few other board members that live down here as well. 760 :)
How do you go to the river?
RD Usually out 76 to 15, 79so , 371, over the mntns 74, 10 east, rice rd..etc.
Sounds complicated but I save the most time that way, even done it with trailer at times.
Alternately with trailer I'll go via 79no and take the cut up (winchester) into Banning but rarely now since the boat stays out there.
It all works for me and can practically do it in my sleep now. sleeping :D

Ziggy
04-24-2003, 04:43 PM
DickDanger:
Ziggy:
Enjoy the wind blown areas of the 909, I'll give ya a wave on my way thru from the 760 to the 928. Thanks, Ill keep my eye out for the guy with the inflated mortage payments induced ulcer. LMAO....Iz all good.-DD Out DD,
iz all good alright, both mortages are well less than most people pay for one of their cars. So now I get to LMAO :D
Working/living by the beach has it beni's for sure, quick jaunt to the shores at lunch makes for a much more enjoyable summer meal. :cool:

little rowe boat
04-24-2003, 05:32 PM
The coast is over rated and definately to crow ded,I don't miss the traffic and don't mind the heat of the I.E.

Ziggy
04-24-2003, 06:15 PM
RiverDave
Alternately with trailer I'll go via 79no and take the cut up (winchester) into Banning but rarely now since the boat stays out there.
It all works for me and can practically do it in my sleep now. sleeping :D [/qb]That's usually the way I go as well. 15 to 79 north. Now I hang a right on Dominigoni (sp?) left on Warren, right when it dead ends, left on Sanderson and over the mountains to the 10. I think it's the fastest way right now with the construction on Sanderson rd currently.
RD [/QB][/QUOTE]
Thats the way I used to go religiously until I started the Anza route. Its got more curvy roads but a shorter distance overall(nary a CHP either)...for me the section from Banning all the way thru the Palm Springs valley seemed to take FOREVER....and ever.
Now I drop right into Indian Wells area, hit the 10 and its only few miles to the grade. I tend to use less fuel that way too. Can't really go wrong either way tho.
What part of C'bad you in?....I'm on the coast hwy near the transit center/pier in O'side(work).

mtndewdrops
04-25-2003, 08:03 PM
I agree with RiverDave, that is the shortest route for me until Sanderson is finished.

missboatnam1
04-26-2003, 12:53 AM
I LOVE THAT NAME!!!! " LIL ROW BOAT"...no seriously its so damm cute!!! im givin him 5....