PDA

View Full Version : Want to boat/drink locally with no hassle?

Chestah Cheetah
07-16-2002, 04:11 PM
Then drive 15 minutes extra to Pyramid. I just got off the phone with one of the Sherriffs at the launch ramp office and confirmed: ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED! Of course we all need to excersize caution and use common sense. After last Sunday at Castaic having to sit on Whipped Caliber's floor to drink I have come to the conclusion that "this is ****ing ridiculous!" It's not like we go out there to get completely plastered and wreak havoc, we're just trying to stay hydrated on a hot day.
I have known that alcohol is allowed at Pyramid for quite some time, even remember having conversations with Sherriffs at the sanbar while sipping on a beer, no sweat - I did want to confirm it for everyone so I called.
Granted the lines may be a little longer if you don't show up early, but so are Castaic lines after 11. If you're late and end up waiting in line for an hour, just kick back, crack open a beer and know that it's worth it.
The two lakes are completely different as far as atmosphere and activities. Castaic you just tie up to a floatilla and party. I personally enjoy Pyramid better for its sandbar - you can beach or anchor off, let the kids play on a nice beach while you go out for speed runs (only one or maximum two patrols that rarely go out), or set up an EZUp and have a BeerBQ.....Whoa!
..........Speaking of a BeerBQ, what's everyone doing on Sunday August 4th? I'd like to host a little BeerBQ in appreciation of everyone who has put up with my currently boatless ass and allowed me to enjoy my Sundays on the water cruising, partying, gibby surfing. I'll supply most of the meat (that didn't come out right, screw it), BBQ grill, EZUp, and Monkey with a puppet show for the kids featuring a furry rendition of Austin Powers. Bring beer and more meat. We did this last year and had a turnout of 12 boats with maybe 30 people - pretty damn good if you ask me.
[ July 18, 2002, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Chestah Cheetah ]

Fat Chance
07-16-2002, 04:19 PM
Sounds like winner to me. If the monkey is looking for a ride, let us know, cause he is more then welcome.
(Michele says you are too...) http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

07-16-2002, 04:31 PM
Chestah you have a ride anytime you want bro. I'm down for Aug 4th Pyramid & the BeerBQ give me a call when the time comes around.

79Hawaiian
07-16-2002, 04:31 PM
Beer may be allowed but OUI is not. The Sherrif will enjoy busting your ass if you stager up the ramp to get your tow vehicle. I know a girl that used to work for Castiac and she heard stories of guys getting busted on the ramp all the time.
Im down for some que. When you say "sandbar" are you talking about the beach across from the island or the beach in the arm oposite from the damn?

sandblasted
07-16-2002, 04:43 PM
There's always the Buena Vista mudhole..You can camp overnight or just set up your EZ-up on the grass and tie off your boat for the day..Drinking is allowed but don't drink and drive, the rangers will pull you over in a heartbeat..then call the CHP to do a sobriety check on you...
of coures it's another 40 minutes North of Pyramid...not bad for the day if you live in Santa clarita or Antelope Valley..

nextasex
07-16-2002, 04:47 PM
Chestah, the beerbq sounds like the bomb, BUT (and i hate that word) i'll be in Havasu. next time man.
thanks
frank

TrojanDan
07-16-2002, 04:51 PM
Hey Chesta,
Do you know if Pyramid requires mufflers? It seems like my friend Mario is towing his 29' Force home from Parker every other trip for repairs (audio this time). He's planning on going back this weekend so I'm sure he'll be towing it back next weekend for repairs! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Maybe I can convince him to take it out to Pyramid for the day.
-Dan

Wicked1
07-16-2002, 05:16 PM
Gonna plan on being there that weekend to meet everyone, I have always gone to castaic I was just waiting for a good enough reason to head to pyramid,,I got my reason now!!!!

Wicked1
07-16-2002, 05:19 PM
Also good looking out Chestah, Like the fact ur inviting everyone for a good time and to do something we all love to do,,,Ur welcome in my boat anytime!!!

DickDanger
07-16-2002, 06:13 PM
I may be down for some of that. I have yet to check out Pyramid, so I am interested. Not sure if I have to work that day or not yet, but Ill look into it. And I agree with Chestah....Castaic having friggin undercover cops pretending to be boaters. They ended up busting some people on the beach that were just totally relaxing under their EZ Up, having a couple of cold ones. They werent being loud or obnoxious in the least. F**k Castaic.-DD Out
[This message has been edited by DickDanger (edited July 16, 2002).]

PussyPusher
07-18-2002, 07:33 AM
For the longest time now I have been going to Pyramid Lake. I live in Palmdale so I just go out to 138 and straight up to the 5 its a realy easy trip with no grades to pull. I have gotten there at 10:30 or 11:00 and driven right up to the gate with no line. I still think that the fees are a little steep but its so much better than Castaic. Plus if you go back into the sandbar area there are some great places to have a BBQ. The last time I was up there which was about a month ago, I decided to take a nature hike up the little stream bed, Well what did I find, a chick taken a big ol' dump in some bushes. Lets get something going so we can all meet up.
Shawn :D

Whipped Caliber
07-18-2002, 08:13 AM
Chestah,
The wife, Chantel and I will be at Pyramid, sandbar for some fun!!!! No need for floor drinking!!! I will bring some tri-tip. :D :D :D :D :D

In2Deep
07-18-2002, 08:20 AM
CC: I'm a possible for 8/4.
Agree that Pyramid is a nice destination. It's my main local spot.
FYI...3 weeks ago was interrogated and lectured by a sheriff....on the ramp as I was launching.
- Did I know lake rules? Counter-clockwise, etc..
- did I know speed limit? (He REMINDED me of 35MPH speed limit and he claimed that officers hide and shoot radar to enforce the speed limit
- Did I know PWC's are not restricted-zone
etc.....
Be cool, be safe, don't be stupid.

Hustler
07-18-2002, 08:37 AM
Good call marcel, I dont think I will be able to make it on the 4th but everyone have fun and be safe.
Hustler

75_Elim
07-18-2002, 08:57 AM
The 4th sounds good. Count me in.
Jerry

Instigator28
07-18-2002, 09:55 AM
Chestah, the 4th huh. Sounds like fun, but I have one question. If my wife goes into labor right there on the sandbar, is the monkey qualified to deliver? eek!

Chestah Cheetah
07-18-2002, 10:35 AM
Fat Chance:
Sounds like winner to me. If the monkey is looking for a ride, let us know, cause he is more then welcome.Alright Scott, it's up to you - but you're changing his diaper too then. Deal?
79Hawaiian:
When you say "sandbar" are you talking about the beach across from the island or the beach in the arm oposite from the damn?The only real sandbar in Pyramid is located in the large cove. As you're leaving the launch ramp past the no wake zone, after a short drive you'll see an opening to the right that leads you into a large cove. Head all the way down and left, you can't miss it. You'll see a blue EZUp with an OP6C banner, and Monkey wearing an apron cooking up some breakfast - stop by for an omelette.
nextasex:
Chestah, the beerbq sounds like the bomb, BUT (and i hate that word) i'll be in Havasu. next time man.
thanks
frankWhat's more important Frank, cruising the channel on thong patrol or chasing a Monkey down the beach for stealing your brew? Get your priorities straight and get back to me. BTW, I got O.M.D. "Electricity" - the compilation is now complete, it's titled "Neon Headband." I'll burn you a copy if you want.
TrojanDan:
Hey Chesta,
Do you know if Pyramid requires mufflers?They do require mufflers! We can always give it a shot though, if he gets shit for it, we'll improvise: slam two beers at the dock, poke a hole through the bottom of the cans, stuff them in the pipes, and seal the space with Cheeze Whiz (just call me MacGuyver).
PussyPusher:
I have gotten there at 10:30 or 11:00 and driven right up to the gate with no line. I still think that the fees are a little steep but its so much better than Castaic. I know last year they were doing a lot of work putting in more parking I think and hopefully added a couple of more lanes to the ramp. To be honest, even the times we waited an hour in line we had a blast for some strange reason, so don't get discouraged - it is worth it. As far as the fees are concerned, it's only $2 more than Castaic-that just means you can't buy that Rolls Royce you've been eyeing this week bud.
Whipped Caliber:
Chestah,
The wife, Chantel and I will be at Pyramid, sandbar for some fun!!!! No need for floor drinking!!! I will bring some tri-tip.Think I have a shot at the World Speed Skiing Champ title? You have mail!
Hustler:
I dont think I will be able to make it on the 4thBallett lessons?

PussyPusher
07-18-2002, 10:57 AM
[/qb][/QUOTE]I know last year they were doing a lot of work putting in more parking I think and hopefully added a couple of more lanes to the ramp. To be honest, even the times we waited an hour in line we had a blast for some strange reason, so don't get discouraged - it is worth it. As far as the fees are concerned, it's only $2 more than Castaic-that just means you can't buy that Rolls Royce you've been eyeing this week bud.
Trust me I'm not complaining! I wish I had the money for a Rolls Royce. :D
SHawn

HAVASU DCB
07-18-2002, 12:20 PM
Don't call me stupid but where is Pyramid. Is 26 feet ok. I'll be there!

Hustler
07-18-2002, 01:29 PM
Piramid is about 15-20 min past castaic up the 5.
Hustler

Old Charger
07-18-2002, 02:50 PM
They finally did finish the launch ramp at Pyramid. Its a little bit wider and little bit longer which is nice. Last time we were there we got there early at like 7:30. Drove right in and waited in line to launch for about 20 minutes.
The lake level was high, but the sand bar was still jumpin. Baffles are a must for OTT headers but the cops are still pretty cool. Just watch out for the sit down lace lice! Because the lake level was high one of the no wake bouys for the cove was under water. I guess the lice figured it was okay then to rip in and out of there all day.
Hope you guys have fun! :D

Party Cat
07-18-2002, 02:55 PM
HAVASU DCB:
Is 26 feet ok.26 is not a problem...
Have Fun !!!

Chestah Cheetah
07-18-2002, 03:10 PM
HAVASU DCB:
Don't call me stupid but where is Pyramid. Is 26 feet ok. I'll be there!Well I'm not gonna call you Thomas Guide!
Directions: Take all alternate routes to the 5 Freeway heading North, Exit Smokey Bear Rd. go left, drive under the fwy to the stop sign, hang a left and go all the way down to the pay booth. IMPORTANT: Do not take the exit before Smokey Bear even if it reads Pyramid Lake, you will not get to the launch ramp from there. Got it?
Old Charger:
Because the lake level was high one of the no wake bouys for the cove was under water. I guess the lice figured it was okay then to rip in and out of there all day.I'd have to check again, but my understading is that the bouy in question is not a "no wake" marker but a "low water level" warning. (Doesn't mean jack when you have 30' boats go in there and beach it).

Wicked1
07-18-2002, 04:54 PM
Hows the water at Pyramid? is really windy?

Wicked1
07-18-2002, 05:01 PM
I have never been to Pyramid just always drive by it,, but from what everyone says it's worth heading up the grade for see ya guys out there

Old Charger
07-18-2002, 05:59 PM
Wicked1:
Hows the water at Pyramid? is really windy?The water is always nice and warm. Cold enough to cool ya off but not so cold you giblets suck back up in yer gut. And, it relatively clean. Theres a bit of algae floatin in it but nothing even remotely close to Smellsomemore.
Hey Chestah,
I think you might be right. The bouy probably is more likely a marker for the sand bar than a no wake, but IMO it should be a no wake! Oh well, I'll have to bring my big marker next time and a little modification...

DickDanger
07-18-2002, 07:24 PM
Sooooooo, whats the dealio? When is everyone planning on doing this shindig??? L8...-DD Out

WILD LAVEY
07-18-2002, 07:28 PM
marcel, were planning on goin to havasu that weekend. but if i dont get the weekend off ill head out to pyramid. ill let you know whats up later this week.

Chestah Cheetah
07-18-2002, 10:11 PM
Old Charger:
but IMO it should be a no wake! Oh well, I'll have to bring my big marker next time and a little modification...I'm with you on that! Most people think it is though. I say on our way out of the no wake zone, we just pull one and re-locate it.
DickDanger:
Sooooooo, whats the dealio? When is everyone planning on doing this shindig??? L8...-DD OutSunday, August 4th.

JetFag
07-18-2002, 10:16 PM
I will be there! Look for me on the launch ramp, beating off the babes with a bat, after they hear my 455 olds run. Yeah baby! Do I make you horny?