PDA

View Full Version : lake mohave launching

gettinby
06-14-2003, 10:41 AM
Hey, I've been to a cove just about directly across the lake from gasoline alley where I've seen people camping and day camping. Can you launch there? I think I've seen people do it. Just wondering if anyone knew if it was legal and specific directions to get there driving from laughlin. Going to laughlin next weekend, thinking about trying out that spot. Thanks.

Pet This
06-14-2003, 10:52 AM
If you mean the large cove with the island, that is telephone cove (nevada side)and yes it is a legal camping spot. There is a toilet facility (very stinky).You can launch their although I would suggest small boats and PWC only and a 4wd their is no ramp just back down the sandy beach. To get their you go about 4-5 miles up the Hwy from the Laughlin bridge and turn a U-turn onto a dirt road. Follow that about 6 miles will bring you to the beach.

gettinby
06-14-2003, 11:00 AM
I'm not sure if thats the one, but maybe it is. I remember seeing an outhouse or two. Is there any signage on the road? Do you know exact directions? I don't want to drive down the wrong dirt road for 6 miles! I've got 4wd so that beach will probably work. Thanks alot

Buff
06-15-2003, 05:28 AM
Yeah - that is Telephone Cove Nevada side. It's an easy launch for small craft and there always seems to be friendly and helpful folks there. There is a problem anchoring there, especially in the PM as the ground under water near the shore is hard pan and difficult to get an anchor to hook. Of course maybe if I wasn't so deep into my ice chest I maight be a little better at setting anchor. We go there a lot but we boat in.
Buff

Pet This
06-15-2003, 07:46 AM
I've never noticed any signage. I can't think of a better way to describe it just to say it appears pretty obvious as you climb the grade out of Laughlin. I know what you mean about taking off on the wrong dirt road with boat in tow, sorry, good luck

gettinby
06-15-2003, 09:05 AM
ok well thanks alot, we'll check it out.

RiverForUs
06-15-2003, 10:21 PM
gettinby:
Going to laughlin next weekend, ............Gettinby,
We'll be out there Thursday thru Sunday stayin at the Belle. Look for the boat in my avatar in the next cove north (upriver) from Telephone Cove Nevada. I think it's named Newbury Cove.

Desert Rat
06-16-2003, 10:45 AM
Try this map.. Looks like it is telephone cove.
http://www.lasvegas***boats.com/mohmap.html