PDA

View Full Version : Me, My 73 Hondo say Hello! part I

JLB440Stroked
03-13-2006, 01:08 PM
This doesn't deserve a thread, but since I have replied to a few, I figured I wanted to introduce myself and my 73 Hondo. First it really is refreshing to find a bunch of guys still passionate about hotrod, gasoline, four stroke, car engine powered boats. It's a shame I wasn't around in the heyday (yes I am a young-timer, but with lots of engine know how, just green on jets), but it's never to late to enjoy the extreme fun jet boating provides. Another down fall, is here in Houston, TX there isn't very many jet boaters or V-drivers, Errr. so I went in search of the virtual jetboating community, luckily I found you guys, cause talking jet boats down here, let alone riding with some is next to impossible.
I have been a lurker for two years, mostly a trailer queen till, last summer. I have worn out the search function, I'd say 30 hours worth of reading, not very hard to follow the soap opera, no worries guys I come only to learn and hang out so to speak with fellow jet boaters....No drama I swear. I see very knowledgeable guys getting frustrated, threatening to never post again, and would like to tell you guys (you know who you are) I have learned a tremendous amount. Looking back using the search I have read so many GREAT post that end in name calling, but you must remember your helping so many of us lurkers, fly by Googler's, and keeping jet boating going here in 2006!!! you must get past the idiots and continue the good help/work.
Like a hand full of guys have said, go with what knowledge we have available and build on top of it. As we all evolve and our knowledge grows, coupled with performance/efficiencies gains so to will jet boating. The carbuerator, combustion engine, gas age, my be on the decline, but please lord let it die a slow death, cause I got a lifetime ahead to enjoy!
I'll post about the Hondo later as this post is getting long in the tooth.
Thanks fellow Jet boaters!!!

LAFD
03-13-2006, 01:13 PM
hey welcome its really alot of fun just gotta ignore all the drama. but youll meet alot of cool people and learn alot.

Devilman
03-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Lots of good info around here, that's a definite. I've learned a lot from asking questions here & met some cool people as well. I'm about 100 miles south of ya. Live in a little shitsplat in the road called Edna. There is a pretty fair number of jetters & some Vdrivers as well in the area. Have to try & hook up with us down here one weekend or something. Have a few places to run around here. Enough to stay occupied anyway.:D Good to know ya....