PDA

View Full Version : Lake level is up

Elsinore Cop
02-28-2003, 09:56 AM
For those interested, Railroad Canyon Dam (Canyon Lake) started spilling over Monday night. Lake Elsinore has come up about 4 feet. A few more storms should bring it all the way up :)

boatnam2
02-28-2003, 10:02 AM
that is good news.how much more does the lake need to come up to be back to normal?

Elsinore Cop
02-28-2003, 10:09 AM
1240' is set as our optimal minimum level. It got down to about 1233'. It is now up to about 1237'. When it gets above 1240, a few more launch ramps will be able to re-open, and LERA's ramp will have to close (it will be under water). The "outflow" starts up at about 1257' and flood level is 1265'

Robbie Racer
02-28-2003, 10:18 AM
EC, thanks for the update on Elsinore. That is good news. I plan to be doing some testing with the new motor there on April 4th or 5th. Hopefully the water level will have climbed a few more feet by then. R/R

JetBoatRich
02-28-2003, 11:01 AM
Some of the best news I heard in a long time :D

LeE ss13
02-28-2003, 12:32 PM
Elsinore Cop ... I was wondering, I was thinking about bringing the Race Boat out for a few laps when the "Run what ya brung" comes out. I have some good mufflers to put in the headers, but there is no water to them. Will that be OK, or should I install some water injected headers and mufflers???

Elsinore Cop
02-28-2003, 01:23 PM
If you're not running water, you'll probably be well over 85 db. We don't issue cites on the lake unless they are over 90 db ($200 fine). And even then, I have leaned toward leniency to those who are just making one or two runs up the hi-speed zone, then off the lake. The one's who get cited (and that is quite rare) are running very loud up and down the lake and get noticed by everyone. Our station is about 1/4 mile from the shore and I can hear them through double-paned windows.

Beautiful Noise
02-28-2003, 01:44 PM
I've never had to run my Muffler's at Elisnore before,I do run water thought them but normally the lake is crowd during the summer so I don't think I stand-out I'am bring my boat to Run What Ya Brung do you think i'll have any Problem's?
Thank's
Steve

Elsinore Cop
02-28-2003, 01:54 PM
If you're running too loud, then yes. You're probably not going to be able to keep the noise under control without baffles if you're running over the top of the transom exhaust. Don't mistake the high speed zone for a high noise zone.

Elsinore Cop
02-28-2003, 01:56 PM
Forgot to mention, actual level of lake today is 1236.12' above Mean Sea Level. wink

HotHallet
02-28-2003, 01:59 PM
Beautiful Noise- it was cool B.s.ing with you last night. For run what ya brung put your baffles in. The gate gaurds at Elsinore ask me everytime I come in if I have baffles. I think Baffles suck but the law is the law I guess.

STV_Keith
02-28-2003, 02:38 PM
EC, do the 2-strokes ever have any problems in your lake? I've not boated in CA yet, and I run a stock Mercury offshore setup, but I'm sure it's over 85db.

Elsinore Cop
02-28-2003, 03:11 PM
If its a stock set up, it should be under 85 db (state law).

STV_Keith
02-28-2003, 03:38 PM
OK then, so I guess it must be - the exhaust is stock. What's the distance that measurement is taken from anyway?

Elsinore Cop
02-28-2003, 04:33 PM
Fifty feet away, on an "A" meter. This is the standard. But I gotta tell ya...most people who ask about the noise laws are running too loud. They know it, thats why they ask. We're pretty good about just giving people the boot instead of a ticket AND the boot. But some of 'em come back after being warned and get cited. Others are just plain knuckleheads - like a guy who was out here last year, blowing people's ears out with zoomies, running as fast as he can in the 35 mph zone, in the wrong direction of travel, with expired registration numbers, and no vests in the boat. That was a FAT ticket!

Elsinore Cop
02-28-2003, 04:37 PM
HotHallett, that "gate guard" is Danny at Elsinore Marina. He's a good ole boy thats just trying to save you from a ticket - but a bit on the grumpy side sometimes. There's no ramp-Nazi's at any of the other ramps though unless one of my people happens to be there. :D

Elsinore Cop
02-28-2003, 04:39 PM
I hit 100 posts. I gotta get off this stupid computer and back out on the water. Hurry up, summer.

NashvilleBound
02-28-2003, 04:54 PM
So are we back to two lanes coming out of the marina? I am going to take the sled out as soon as I get my prop back from being labbed....

Elsinore Cop
02-28-2003, 05:00 PM
Yes there's enough room for two boats to get by each other in the channel to Elsinore Marina.

Beautiful Noise
02-28-2003, 05:45 PM
I've been taking my Boat to Elisnore for 20 year's and I do run Bassett Header's with Water, I've never put my muffler's in. I'm just thinking(Ouch) since there won't be the Normal summer crowd to hide in that maybe I might stand out (or sound out) to much I don't mind getting a warning if that's all it would be as long as I can put my Muffler's in :( and go back out onto the Lake :D after all I'd hate to change my name to "What Noise" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Elisnore Cop,I shot you 5 Star's does that help :D :D
Travis good seeing you last night I hope Taco Night was Fun.
Steve
[ February 28, 2003, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Beautiful Noise ]

fixit1002
02-28-2003, 11:10 PM
howdy would like to knmow i havent been to elsinore in 15 years since i lived at cranes trailer park back then you couldnt hardly get a boat down the ramp let alone park a trailer now i have 25 ft of van and 30 ft of trailer i wnted to show up for run what ya brung but is there any room to park at cranes or should i go to the stse park thanks guys fixit

missboatnam1
02-28-2003, 11:25 PM
RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

77charger
03-02-2003, 08:09 PM
i had read in western outdooor news last tue that said at the time the lake was up 1 foot and that canyon lake was at the spillway ready to dump.Good news to hear.