PDA

View Full Version : To the bastards with the water balloon launcher

Lakemead1
09-03-2002, 11:49 AM
Here's my soapbox again.
We were cruising out at Mead on Saturday and decide to stop by Sandy for a minute to see if anyone else was there. On the way out through the no wake zone these bastards started launching water balloons at us. We didn't know them, they just picked us out as a target.
Damn if we weren't about 60 yards or so away from them headed out and they didn't land one right in the boat, hitting one of my female passengers and giving her a huge welt and bruise. That thing had some velocity on it for sure, and scared the shit out of Ms. LM1 because it was damn near her head. I wouldn't have thought it could do that much damage, but they certainly don't break that easy.
So, to you F'ers with the balloon launcher think twice before firing off balloon's at me when we're cruising through no wake and trying to get to open water. Shoot em at your faggoty friends all you want, but not me! Not only could you get sued and I may just take that pretty boat you keep in your driveway polishing it every weekend to impress the girls driving by, but we may just come back after you and shove that launcher up your ass! Think about it dumbasses!

Hotcrusader76
09-03-2002, 12:06 PM
Lakemead1:
Here's my soapbox again.
We were cruising out at Mead on Saturday and decide to stop by Sandy for a minute to see if anyone else was there. On the way out through the no wake zone these bastards started launching water balloons at us. We didn't know them, they just picked us out as a target.
Damn if we weren't about 60 yards or so away from them headed out and they didn't land one right in the boat, hitting one of my female passengers and giving her a huge welt and bruise. That thing had some velocity on it for sure, and scared the shit out of Ms. LM1 because it was damn near her head. I wouldn't have thought it could do that much damage, but they certainly don't break that easy.
So, to you F'ers with the balloon launcher think twice before firing off balloon's at me when we're cruising through no wake and trying to get to open water. Shoot em at your faggoty friends all you want, but not me! Not only could you get sued and I may just take that pretty boat you keep in your driveway polishing it every weekend to impress the girls driving by, but we may just come back after you and shove that launcher up your ass! Think about it dumbasses!I think I can get that 6 barrel gattling gun in paint ball for ya if you need it! Why not fight back fair?
LOL

Livin Large 27Hallett
09-03-2002, 12:40 PM
If I am not mistaken, I believe those things are illegal to be using.

flat broke
09-03-2002, 12:59 PM
Hotcrusader76:
I think I can get that 6 barrel gattling gun in paint ball for ya if you need it! Why not fight back fair?
LOLTy,
Is that the same unit that is on the Tipman Paintball golfcart thingamajig? If I remember right the rate of fire was pretty damn good. Though, they could probably out range you with the waterballon launcher. My friends and I terrorized the So. Bay with one of those things back in highschool. Of course ours had been "modified" for increased performance.
Sorry to hear about your troubles LakeMead1, Next time, just turn the boat around and go pound the fags.
Chris

Lakemead1
09-03-2002, 01:04 PM
what was amazing was that they actually got us. We were pretty damn far. It was on my side so I reached as far back as I could to make it it my hand and break it first. It hit my hand and didn't break, then hit her. I don't think they filled them up very much.
I could use that paintball gun, where do I get one :mad:
All in all, it was fun at the lake though. Hope you all had a good time!
Greg
www.lasvegas***boats.com (http://www.lasvegas***boats.com)

Froggystyle
09-03-2002, 05:03 PM
From what I understand.... since I was in a balloon-launcher equipped houseboat for the whole last week is that the only "fair game" is someone flying a pirate flag. At least on Powell. We got attacked and we attacked numerous boats flying the Jolly Roger with the launchers, and even maneuvered for position for full broadsides and passing volleys. What they DIDN'T expect was a rooster tail with the JR flying!
All in all, with willing participants the water balloon fights are a blast. Shooting at unsuspecting bystanders is a crock of shit though. To the best of my knowledge, everyone with a pirate flag was expecting fire, and ready to dole out some as well. I didn't personally know about this little clique though until this week.
Sorry about your injuries.
Squirts up!
P.S. We never actually squirted anyone with the tail... just close misting and gesturing! All in good fun. Our boat was a different story. They got soaked anytime they weren't paying attention!
Hey... we were just cleaning the roof up from spilled margaritas!

BBTAHITI
09-03-2002, 07:34 PM
Maybe this should be standard equipment.
http://home.earthlink.net/~mwbbstang/diverter.jpg

sandblasted
09-03-2002, 08:03 PM
BBTAHITI:
Maybe this should be standard equipment.
http://home.earthlink.net/~mwbbstang/diverter.jpgBack right up to them, oh say, about 40-50 feet away...put her in reverse, bring her to about 3000rpm in reverse then throw the lever forward and smash the pedal...you might even knock them out of their chairs...
not that I would ever do something like that.. wink
[ September 03, 2002, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: sandblasted ]

Jordy
09-03-2002, 08:08 PM
Works even better with the diverter up all the way... shoots way the hell out there.
Jordy :D

Lakemead1
09-03-2002, 08:14 PM
damn if I don't have an I/O :confused:

sandblasted
09-03-2002, 08:15 PM
jordanpaulk:
Works even better with the diverter up all the way... shoots way the hell out there.
Jordy :D Thanks, I forgot the part about trimming the diverter all the way up...it sure makes a nice blast...

Jordy
09-03-2002, 08:18 PM
Lakemead1:
damn if I don't have an I/O :confused: nothing a Sawz-all and some silicone couldn't take care of...
Jordy :D

JetBoatRich
09-04-2002, 05:50 AM
They can hurt with a direct hit. I have 2 and would never think of aiming at people who "don't want to play" You can shoot them pretty far, know the rules don't try to damage anything or hurt nobody.
I hear those paint ball shots leave a mark, I would hate to have someone shooting at me for the same reason.
[ September 04, 2002, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

kevnmcd
09-04-2002, 07:27 AM
LM1-Sorry to hear about your friend. Those things can really hurt, not to mention what a balloon could do on your stereo equipment. Those launchers can really fling those balloons.

SeaYaBye
09-04-2002, 08:22 AM
I was out on Lake Powell, in the main channel, and got hit by a balloon off one of these lauchers. It went through two window panes[untempered glass] on our houseboat and sprayed glass all over inside!! Unfortunatley, it hit my friend and small glass shards were everywhere including all over in my buddie!! Needles to say we tracted these bastasrds down with our "pusuit boat" and told them we would meet them at Hall's Crossing to settle this shit or we'd call the Rangers or the cops since those things are illegal. Everything worked out but it could have been tragic if the glass had hit his eyes[he was wearing his Bolles,which were scractched!!!] Oh,and yes we were flying the Jolley Roger and were unaware this was an invitation to play. Maybe next time we'll hoist the UN flag!! Have fun but be careful with those damn things...like your mom said "You could put an eye out!!" eek!

old rigger
09-04-2002, 08:38 AM
Lakemead1,
sounds like you're lucky it didn't hit her in the face. 'Bout 15 years back while I was working at Advantage, there were 2 or 3 other boat shops on our street and at one of the other shops, which will go un-named, some of the guys there had one of those launchers and would fire ballons at lunch time. They were ****ing around, launching one to hit a wall in their yard, and hit a lady in the face. Blew out her eye. She was there looking at a boat with her husband. No sale that day. But there was a BIIIIIIIIIIG lawsuit.

Laveyman
09-04-2002, 08:52 AM
I think it would be time to make a u-turn and open up an industrial-sized can o' whoop a$$ on the bastards!!! If it wasn't in the always crowded Sandy Cove, I think I'd be tempted to send 245 grains of lead travelling 1200 fps in their direction. Not to hit anyone, just make a nice hole in their rented houseboat!
Never bring a water balloon launcher to a gun fight!

HotHallet
09-04-2002, 08:53 AM
Hey Lakemead1- Turns out I can' make it to Mead this coming up weekend of Sept. 6-8th. My girlfriend and I are celebrating our anniversary and I just paid bills so you can imagine how cash is scarce.

Lakemead1
09-04-2002, 10:22 AM
HotHallet, bummer, I understand, we'll have to hook up another time, we're always out on the lake.
Happy Boating!

XTRM22
09-04-2002, 08:36 PM
About 9 years ago we got into one of those long range water balloon fights with another camp across the cove, they started it but weren't expecting our no quarter attitude back. two or three of those things can level a big tent and soak it's contents. I think we had the local sheriffs dept in our camp three times that weekend always for defending our selves with to much exzuberance! those things are uncool just like the water cannons. I still have my cannon for fighting among our selves, but we leave others alone it's only fair.
Chuck

TCHB
09-10-2002, 06:31 PM
The ballon people are all idiots. I saw a ballon hit a little girl in the face. The girls face was bruised by the ballon. Come on people use your heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KC
09-10-2002, 07:06 PM
only an idiot would enter a gun fight with a water ballon launcher, stainless s&w 44 is the only way to go.

nmdcb
09-10-2002, 08:05 PM
we had some assholes in new mexico a couple of years ago doing the same thing. they didn't hit us, but we made a pretty good mental note of who they were. we went back the next weekend with a six foot potatoe cannon! this thing would launch a grapefruit damn near a quarter mile. we found them and of course they launched the water balloons, so we felt ablidged to return fire with 3 potatoes at a time at about 60 miles an hour. before this nonsense was over they were out of the boat and in the water, trying to take cover with their own boat. needless to say they didn't launch anymore water balloons!