PDA

View Full Version : Havasu sewer -Are you being ripped???

BoatPI
04-30-2003, 06:07 AM
As all LHC homeowners know the sewer system installation is underway.
THE HIDDEN CHARGES-THEIR SECRET!
Two weeks ago two hard hats askek to check out my property. It is tiered above Jamacia. They told me about a sewer pump and the electrical charge that I would have to pay for to pump sh*t uphill! I said WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!
Three connecting houses (including me) have tanks at the lower portion of our lots, that would drain downhill to Jamacia St. I asked, "do you know that sh*t can flow downhill." I called the Burns people, complained and was told "but we planned on the pump", and the 175' of line to pump sh*t uphill. "Read" the bond (taxes)is being billed time and materials. Not liking a gun being placed to my head, I call city hall. They jumped on it and are seeking an estimate for the line (DUH!) vs. the pump for three lots. I figure the pump process is at least 10K per lot, plus I PAY FOR PUMPING SH*T UPHILL.
So the sh*t pot is being sturred.
Look at your lot, are you about to be screwed cause' some company wants to up the bill to us taxpayers?

Nubbs
04-30-2003, 06:32 AM
You're sh$ttin me? Are they really that stupid?

Essex502
04-30-2003, 06:56 AM
Most government agencies ARE that stupid. AND... the contractors encourge it since they make more money off of it! We were told when we bought our house in December that we had a few years before we'll have to worry about the sewer installation. I'll let you guys go first to work out the bugs (plugs?)!
Remember...always let someone else go first so that you're not on the "bleeding" edge.

Ziggy
04-30-2003, 01:56 PM
I understand for us owners of older homes that have no pre-installed sewer line that the installation of the sewer would entail only draining off the fluids with a smaller 2 or 3" line, remainder of septic to be pumped annually and billed accordingly for "Sewer Service" on a monthly basis.
It was part of my desire to find a house that was only equiped with septic...hoping that it'll last a little longer, I am up the hill a ways so I hope it'll take 'em longer to get up that high with the project(s).