PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa Hot Boat Bash

Eliminate her
03-12-2003, 10:37 PM
Any date set for the hot boat bash?

Kindsvater Flat
03-12-2003, 10:45 PM
If your're talking about Rossi's deal in May, Yes!
Second weekend.

gnarley
03-13-2003, 03:59 PM
I say wait a month or 2 & let the water & air warm up! HELL wait till July or August for great warm weather & water. Early in the year the weather is to damn unpredictable at Berryessa & it can get real windy early in the year as well! Why the rush to have get-togethers so early & then no one has them later during the summer!
Who’s in favor of doing this thing latter in the summer? Maybe we should put it to a vote?

Boatmaster
03-13-2003, 05:43 PM
Hey Eliminate Her, color me stupid but I think you need a boat to go to the hot boat bash!

Eliminate her
03-13-2003, 08:25 PM
Boatmaster do you mean my parents Fourwinns 190
Horizon doesnt qualify me for the hot boat bash? It runs in the high 40's! Just kidding, you know I will have something by then! I hope.

Robbie Racer
03-13-2003, 10:34 PM
Hey Boatmaster, are you going to be at the Berryessa bash the second weekend in May? R/R

Cas
03-14-2003, 10:02 AM
Aug 23-24 is the 3rd Annual Tower Park Run (TPIII). Right now we've got over 50 boats coming with more just for the day on Saturday. If anyone is interested, I still have a couple of campsites left for the taking....$60.00 for both nights. You can get more info at www.laidbackboaters.com (http://www.laidbackboaters.com) along with the online registration form to be filled out and a PayPal option. So far we have people coming up from AZ, Las Vegas, Reno, Illinois and a whole bunch from No CA.
It's going to be a Blast!
We also have a few other outings planned that you can check out on the message board and/or the calendar.

Boatmaster
03-14-2003, 05:53 PM
RR I'll be there, but I need more info.

msmeads1
03-14-2003, 08:44 PM
msmeads1 and friends will be there in my Schiada 21 river cruiser. Please confirm date and time.

acatitude
03-14-2003, 10:19 PM
Hey Keith, hell I may have my boat by then. Need to get boatmaster and hulshot to come over that weekend.

Robbie Racer
03-15-2003, 04:07 PM
I was told that the date is Saturday, May 10th at Putah Creek resort on Lake Berryessa. So far, I have not seen any "official" confirmation of that date and location.
Shameless, I hope to hell you have your boat by then. Otherwise you can ride around with me. :D R/R

sanger mike
03-15-2003, 07:09 PM
WOW ! I better get my ass in gear. my bowl is down at MPD,im pulling the motor out this week for a pair of AFR heads and freshen it up.and im pulling the intake out to change the shoe and ride plate combo. cry plus were moving to yuba city on may 1st. cry cry I better start tomorrow.

CMABadseed
03-15-2003, 07:30 PM
Cas i'll be around that time in august hopefully. might even have a finished boat. imagine that. :p hopefully at berryessa for cesar chavez too!

LakesOnly
03-16-2003, 10:00 AM
sanger mike:
WOW ! I better get my ass in gear. my bowl is down at MPD,im pulling the motor out this week for a pair of AFR heads and freshen it up.and im pulling the intake out to change the shoe and ride plate combo.....I gotta get up to speed also. My shortblock is done but my heads are out of state getting ported, flowed and matched to my tunnel ram. If the above Boat Bash date is accurate, then my motor rebuild timeframe gets me to Berryessa's HBB with maybe two test days to spare...gotta make it. :)
LO

sanger mike
03-16-2003, 11:28 AM
damm rain, hey paul you think we can pull this off. my test run just might be on that day. oh well you know me, foot to the wood, if she dont run right,BLOW IT UP AND TOW IT HOME. :p

LakesOnly
03-16-2003, 02:48 PM
sanger mike:
Hey paul you think we can pull this off? my test run just might be on that day. oh well you know me, foot to the wood, if she dont run right,BLOW IT UP AND TOW IT HOME. :p Tsk, tsk, tsk. Funkin' SangerMikey, one little tiny, trivial problem with your LS7 and you always floor it and try to blow it up...why? So that there's more to fix?
As far as test runs together, well, yeah we can hang. I'm basically talking about a full weekend to test and tune before the Boat Bash. Hopefully just a little debugging (if any), and then a lot of spark plugs and re-jetting.
And Mikey, if your new motor has a glitch, funking diagnose it and fix it--DON'T FLOOR IT AND SCATTER IT JUST BECAUSE--sheez! wink
LO

sanger mike
03-16-2003, 05:41 PM
sh#t paul, then I'll have to put the blown mill in. can' :p t you see my logic.

Cas
03-16-2003, 11:55 PM
Mike,
I pretty much grew up in Millbrae, went to Taylor JH and Mills with most of my friends going to Cap. Graduated in '75
What's a little of your story? lived there long?

LakesOnly
03-17-2003, 08:17 AM
sanger mike:
sh#t paul, then I'll have to put the blown mill in. can' :p t you see my logic? Oh, now I get it: Blow a motor...run a blower. Cool motto, Sanger Mike.
If that's the case, can I be there when you scatter the LS7? Oh, and can I drive the blower?
On second thought, your LS7 has maybe 10-12 original hours on it...just sell it to me and use the money to build your blower motor. :D
By the way, I'm shooting for the first w/e in May to go testing...
LO
p.s. Come by the shop this week and check out Doug's boat; I might be buying that too.

Cas
03-17-2003, 08:53 PM
CMA,
That'd be great if you can make it. I'm probably going to hold 1 campsite or so for any stragglers that may show. You just might fit that description :D
As far as boats go, I've now got 2 in disrepair. The 21' is an easy fix, pulled the engine to replace the pan that was leaking and to change out the oil pump. The pump in there right now is pumping a bit more than I like.....85lbs at idle eek!
The other one is a 19' I just bought about a month ago and it pretty much needs most everything. I got it with a BBC that has a spun rod bearing and was just about to order all the parts when I came across a fiarly new complete engine for 2K. I ended up driving to Long Beach last saturday to pick it up. Here's a couple of pics
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/210engine2-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/210engine1-med.jpg
Hopefully it'll make the boat gitty up and go a bit.

sanger mike
03-17-2003, 09:11 PM
hey CAS! I've lived in milldue all my life, WOW I need to get out of here. I ALSO went to taylor and then to crapuchino. I bet we know alot of the same pepole. heres a good one for you, do you remember MR BENNER at taylor. he was the asshole PE teacher that always wore the cowboy boots. well he just retiered this year. my 13 year old son is at TAYLOR now. and my 17 year old son is at mills. man is that scarey. eek!
[ March 17, 2003, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: sanger mike ]

Cas
03-20-2003, 12:45 AM
Benner just retired?!!? Geez, that guy has to be 35 days older than dirt! Who took his place, Dick Hansen? eek!
These names ring a bell?
Ralph Costanzo, Bob Warfield, Mark Barnoli, Debbie Lopp, Dave Lopp, Phil Ossenberg, the late Doug Ossenberg, Dan Massei, Sergio Rossi, John Rossi, Kevin/Cathy/Julie O'Connor...geez, I could go on forever
gnarley, you going to make it to Tower Park this year or just drop in for a few hours like last year?

gnarley
03-20-2003, 05:48 PM
Steve I don't know right now. Last year it seemed like, as everyone got together they spread out like oil on water, they just all spread out like a scavenger hunt & no one knew where to find anyone else or how far or where the gathering locations were.
Granted I was late but just about everyone I was able to talk to couldn't find anyone else once they hit the water. If there were an actual agenda or suggested locations & times that were printed or could be printed I would be more inclined to come. If there were any of these last year I wasn't told & since we got back late we knew nothing about a potluck. We were both disappointed & just felt out of sync with what was going on. By the time we got back & were getting social & walking around ¾ of the group was sleeping & the rest getting asked to be quiet.
YOU know a scavenger hunt could be fun!

Cas
03-20-2003, 09:01 PM
Gnar,
I'm not sure anyone really knew you were coming for sure and I know you weren't on the email list to get any info on what was going on. I also know I posted on numerous boards about the Tower Park Run and the info could be found on the LBBA website or on the Banderlog message boards. Up until about 4 days ago, all the info about last year's run was still at both places.
As it turned out, there were quite a few people that showed up semi unexpectedly that also weren't aware of the happenings.
There's not much more I can do to get info out there. I did learn last year that I needed to hand out a little map on how to get to the meeting place for the group photo.
When we were there, we had a sign up at our campsite with times and locations of what was going on also. Come to think of it, didn't you get your campsite through Tower Park on your own?
Last year the only thing we had planned on the water was a group photo shoot. As it turned out, the person from Hot Boat emailed me a couple of days prior saying he wasn't going to be there.
So far, the consensus of opinion is people like the fact there really isn't anything planned. They like to be able to run out and do their own thing. Thus, the Laid Back Boater name.
Anyway, I added a couple of more campsites if you'd like to come. If not, it may work out to be the same situation as last year for you.

spectratoad
03-20-2003, 09:07 PM
Hey CAS, That motor looks like a good deal. I am so looking forward to Tower Park. I am ready for summer. Going to try to tear into my interior this weekend and get that redone.
This years get together should be a good one. All the Bud Girls got the time off work so if nothing comes up they should all be there. :D :p

Cas
03-20-2003, 09:39 PM
I didn't know that was going to be announced just yet? :confused: :D
I am also SO ready for summer. I'm really tired of the rain and cold. I know, us Californians don't know what real cold is. :rolleyes:

HCS
03-20-2003, 09:48 PM
Wow!, That's in my neck of the woods. I just might have to crash the party with my ski boat. :D

Cas
03-21-2003, 12:23 AM
Why would you crash it? Ski boats are welcome. The LBBA is all about boating and having good safe fun. We've got jets, v-drives, I/O's and even a clamp-on. Come join us if you have a mind to and see what it's all about.
For more info, www.laidbackboaters.com (http://www.laidbackboaters.com) there's also a link to the LBBA message board for more.

Tahiti Tiger Mark
03-25-2003, 11:44 AM
I am new to this board, finally got my boat in good running shape at the end of last summer. I have a '76 Tahiti 18.5' Tiger with a 455 olds and berkely jet. It is a work in progress for sure, but I plan on being at the Hot Boat Bash this year, tried to make it last year and spun some bearings due to the shit oil system of the olds. Fixed all that with a monster oil pump and huge bath tub of an oil pan from Milodon. Engine was rebuilt last year too. Looking forward to being out there this year! Working on installing the stereo system in it right now.
--Mark

TUNNEL T 20.2
03-28-2003, 07:54 PM
hey hc ski like your slide show ,those cars you have now or they cars of the past! got a project of my own also. 56 ford big window . (TUNNEL T )oh you can count me in for the beryassa bung bash too !

hulshot
03-29-2003, 11:47 PM
hey eliminate her, you know if you bring enough cold ones you can jump in with me.
whats up for the tower park run. count me in but I need info.

HCS
03-30-2003, 07:32 AM
TUNNEL T 20.2:
hey hc ski like your slide show ,those cars you have now or they cars of the past! got a project of my own also. 56 ford big window . (TUNNEL T )oh you can count me in for the beryassa bung bash too ! I'm into old cars and hot rods. My dad restored a 39 ford deluxe coupe in the early 70's. He passed away in 72. My older brother has the car in his garage. Me & him are into car shows/swap meets and all that good stuff. :cool: Cant wait to hit the car shows this summer, there always a kick in the ass. wink

21rayson
03-30-2003, 08:18 AM
hey hardcore-ski are you going to koolaprilnites. it's the weekend of april 12th i'll be there look for this car it's mine. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/155car_to_email-med.jpg

HCS
03-30-2003, 09:14 AM
21rayson, Cool ride 65?. :cool: I'm not familiar with Koolaprilnites what's the details. My brothers in Pataluma, Maybe him and I can hook up and make it.
I'm thinking about going to Infineon raceway for the nostalgia drag show and shine. It's May 17th & 18th.
[ March 30, 2003, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: HARDCORE-SKI ]

21rayson
03-30-2003, 07:52 PM
HARDCORE-SKI:
21rayson, Cool ride 65?. :cool: I'm not familiar with Koolaprilnites what's the details. My brothers in Pataluma, Maybe him and I can hook up and make it.
I'm thinking about going to Infineon raceway for the nostalgia drag show and shine. It's May 17th & 18th. hardcore-ski here's the link to kool april nites. its kind of a spin off of hot august nites. web page (http://www.koolaprilnites.com/kool.html)

Cas
03-30-2003, 08:40 PM
Hulshot,
The 3rd Annual Tower Park Run is Aug 23/24. You can find the info and registration form at www.laidbackboaters.com (http://www.laidbackboaters.com)
You can also find some recent updates on the LBBA message board under the Get Togethers forum. The address is http://frost.bbboy.net/laidbackboatersassociation
I have a few campsites still available that a couple of people registered for but haven't put up their deposit yet. Let me know if you want a site as soon as you can.
Here's the list of people already coming, you might recognize some of the names.
268. Chris/Patti
269. MsClockwrkorng - Sheryl/Tom
270. KZ - Keith
271. Got Water?? - Kelly
272. Oldsquirt - Craig
273. Ray F. - from Oregon
274. CoastGuardSteve
275. Doug S
276. Jim Lee
277. J-Rocket - Al
279. Tim Thrift
280. 69 Elim - Tim Johnson
281. ABRO - Art - From Oregon
283. Cas - Steve
284. PUMPkin - Shirley/Steve
285. Byron K
286. Dave/Janet U
287. Lovin Life - Janeen
288. CaptCulbreez - Don
290. Slotracer - Pat
291. Heatseeker - John
292. JEThro - Kevin
294. Jerry B
295. Tim Wheeler
296. Squirrely - Ken C
297. NelsonF - Fred
299. squirt - Don
300. LVJetBoy - Jerry - From Las Vegas
301. Olds403 - Steve - Towing from Illinois
302. Fleetimus - Tim
303. Aaron E - from WA
304. Squirtcha - from AZ
314. 76 Sleek - Terry
315. Blewbayou - Brian
316. KenA
317. Spectratoad - Todd
318. Withcraft - Tyeson
319. Diggler - Dirk

acatitude
03-31-2003, 12:30 AM
Hey Hul come on down bud. Cas I will get you a check in the mail soon as I find that damn address. Boat is to be here wed, (fingers crossed)