PDA

View Full Version : SHASTA (Race for a Case)

Rock-it man
06-26-2003, 11:58 AM
Race for a Case at (Big Backbone) better known as Speed Alley,check your Shasta maps for location at 7pm July 4,5 ,This is what I heard at another forum, sounds good to me !!!! Ill be there with my case of Shasta Cola !!! ROCK-IT MAN

Boatmaster
06-26-2003, 02:38 PM
Shasta Cola AKA SILVER BULLETS. :D

Robbie Racer
06-27-2003, 07:09 AM
Just looked at my map. The Big Backbone Inlet looks like a good place with a long (maybe 2 miles) straight section to open them up. Rocket-it-man, I doubt if Boatmaster will bet you the case unless you want to race him from the dam to the McCloud Bridge. :D

Boatmaster
06-27-2003, 09:40 AM
I can't race anyone, because I'll be to busy mixing ritas for Rock-It-Man with my flywheel blended. Stay tuned, You think I'm kidding!!!

unleashed
06-27-2003, 10:09 AM
I'll be up in Klamoth falls starting on the 2nd through the 6th. I'll drive down to Shasta to check your rigs out. Point me to a good map so I know how to figure out that lake. Unfortunatly I wont have my boat with me but I'd still like to stop by and say hi or just have a beer or two at a cool pub or something overlooking the lake.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) devil

Robbie Racer
06-27-2003, 10:25 AM
Deano, most of us will be hanging out somewhere on the Sacramento arm during that time but plan to meet at noon on the 3rd, 4th and 5th under the I-5 bridge near the Bridge Bay Marina. Here's one map that I found http://www.shastalake.com/maps/lakemap.html

unleashed
06-27-2003, 10:47 AM
I'll keep an eye out for you guys. I just want to check out the lake for future visits. Thanks for the info.
Deano

Boatmaster
06-27-2003, 11:56 AM
Unleashed The Tail of the Whale is a Bar just under the Pit river bridge off I5 on the south side. We are all meeting under that bridge the 3rd-5th. If I have room you are welcome to a ride. 25DCB Daytona with twin 300 Mercs Drew

Rock-it man
06-27-2003, 12:13 PM
Didnt you mean to say 25 DCB with 2 RITA MIXERS on the back !!!hehehe !!!!I like mine mixed left to right !!!! Just put im in backup !!! I may be alone on Thur with room for riders !!!But Fri will have a load of BOAT BABES !!!!!I will bring the 5 gal buckets for the RITA MIXERS OK !!!! We can call it (The Bridge Mixer Mix ) party !!!! Times flying now ! feel like im almost there !! ROCK-IT MAN

Robbie Racer
06-27-2003, 01:31 PM
Unleashed, I will have some extra room one or two of those days too. How can we find you? R/R

unleashed
06-27-2003, 02:15 PM
Robbie I sent you a PM.
Deano

Robbie Racer
06-27-2003, 02:37 PM
Got it Deano. I sent you a reply.

hulshot
06-27-2003, 09:49 PM
Oh hell I'm in I watch a race for a case. A good cold Shast cola sounds mighty fine. Drew how many are going to be on your boat on the 5th and 6th. I think there will only be 2 or 3 in mine. Is it still on for meeting under the I 5 bridge, or has it changed?
Rockit you better put your smaller pulley up top.

Robbie Racer
06-28-2003, 06:24 AM
Well ok, if hulshot is in, I guess I'm in too. Now, let me think.................... does the small pulley go on the top or bottom????? :D
See you guys up there. I'm outa here. R/R

Rock-it man
06-28-2003, 08:49 AM
Small pully goes on the bottom hehehe !!!!!!

hulshot
07-06-2003, 08:36 PM
Hey Rockit how many cases did you have to buy this weekend???????

Rock-it man
07-07-2003, 06:18 PM
I had lots of shasta cola (The real Stuff) ready ,but no takers' guess the flames scared everyone away,got an email from hot boat after I left so did not know about it,being there were so few boats the other days I just figured it was the same on sat ,again all I can do now is make excuses .I met some from the boards RR is a great guy Thanks for the use of the 30 lab,still dont understand why it would not come up to speed maybe I just need more boost which is what im doing now ,and your right that carrera flat out moves but not to worry WE will meeet again !!!!!Lets do it again !!!! how about ( The Shasta Cat Attack )Im offering my houseboat to ya all !!!! room for 18 ,the rest will have to sleep on the beach with the bears !!!!! Pick a week !!!! My Treat !! ROCK-IT MAN

hulshot
07-07-2003, 09:39 PM
towards the end of the season lets talk about it. I may be able to get boatmaster to come up and we could use his boat also. only if he is up to it.
I do not drink much throughout the day. I had 2 beers or maybe 3 and about a 12 pack of water. Too much at risk to drink.

Robbie Racer
07-09-2003, 07:32 AM
The Shasta Cat Attack on Rock-it-man's houseboat sounds like a lot of fun. That would be great if Boatmaster could join us too. Do we want to try and do it before or after Labor Day weekend? R/R

boat030
07-09-2003, 12:23 PM
Hey I need to get in on this I don't know whether or not i can run with Kieth's Carrera but i'm sure i can smoke rock-it-mans' 26'. I wonder if he'd let me stay in his houseboat after i smoked him out on the water, oh well i can always just sleep in my boat. Anyway pick a date so we know when to come up.

Rock-it man
07-09-2003, 03:00 PM
SO BOAR 030 you found me over here !!!Pretty bold statment to make !!!!! Up here in the north we feed you southern boys to the bears !!!!!! OK we need a date for the Shasta Cat Attack .Just keep in mind this is RED NECK country up here so no funny boy stuff !!!!!!!!we have gun racks in our boats !!!! to carry our fishing poles in !!!.And even if by some miricle you do beat me you can stay on the house boat but you will have to do the dishes !!!after what RR said about the corrected elevation and his speed I think it ran pretty good for the first real time out !!!! Will post #### after the Portland Run hope it dosnt scare Boar 030 away though as we need a boost in the econmy up here. If we can get boatmaster and his RITA mixers there he could mix im for us !!!! Tube steaks and ritas sounds good !! Rock-it Man

Rock-it man
07-09-2003, 03:21 PM
Think we should start another thread for the Shasta Cat Attack as this on is old news .Maybe Boar 030 wont find it hehehe !!!!!

Robbie Racer
07-09-2003, 04:12 PM
Hey Mike, have you been putting any hours on that bad boy? You have been kind of quiet on the forum lately. Are you going to the Chowchilla NJBA race next weekend? R/R

acatitude
07-09-2003, 09:01 PM
Hey why dont we have classes based on hp? That would make it fair for everyone or anyone over 800 hp has to run with bimini up, Heck i like that idea anyways. OK keith we will talk about next week. got your v/m will get back to you but I wouldnt leave my boat at either of those places and 3rd st one is downtown. The one on bearcut would be my choice of the two.
Bearcut is a block from discovery park where you will be launching. My place is yours if ya want it real safe, up to you

boat030
07-10-2003, 07:16 AM
Hey Kieth, yes i am racing at chowchilla next weekend. I've put 30 hrs. on my boat so far this season, mostly just cruisin' around with the kids. I really would like to get the boat up there to northern Ca this year, when are you going to be down at Naci or san antonio again?

Robbie Racer
07-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Ken, I will take you up on the offer. Thanks. smile_sp
Mike, I'm glad to hear that you are putting some hours on it and having some fun with the family. I don't have any specific plans to go to Naci or San Antonio but I have to take the boat and motor back to Dave's (probably next month) to fix an oil leak. Maybe it will work out on the way down or back to stop by Naci and hook up with you guys if you are available. I will let you know the date after he tells me for sure when he can fit me in. Good luck at Chowchilla next weekend. R/R