PDA

View Full Version : havasu barney

gmnhra
01-20-2003, 09:28 AM
barney just finished some repair and gel resoration on my 25 daytona. all i can say is this guy knows his stuff (and is fun to have a few heinikens with). barney spent countless extra hours making sure that the job was done to his satisfaction and the result is that this boat shines like a mirror...thanks to barney and duck for the great work...on time and on budget...
there should be no question in anyones mind as to where to go for gel work...
gary

carreraelite
01-20-2003, 09:32 AM
Glad to hear it!! I have only heard good things about his work!!

Her454
01-20-2003, 09:49 AM
if I were only closer, as I've heard nothing but good. Anyone know where I can get the same quality work here in North Calif as I need some work done also. Looking for a good interior shop too....

HBjet
01-20-2003, 09:57 AM
I hear ya! Barney really knows his stuff. Do you have any photos of before and after?
HBjet

Mohavekid
01-20-2003, 09:58 AM
H454, I had Alan at Feather River Boats in Yuba City paint my 18 foot Challenger a few years back. He did an awsome job!! It had lot's of dings and nicks in it as well as a big hole in the side (long story for another time) he fixed the hole, filled the dings, ground out the stress cracks and put a 7 color paint job on it with a bunch of fades and pin stripes. He also painted the trailer to match.
I don't know if he does gel or not, but for paint he's top notch. :) :)

Slick
01-20-2003, 10:06 AM
Gary,
I'm not sure what you're schedule was, but Barney called me around 8pm Thursday or Friday night while he was taking a break to catch up on some things. He said he was going to be working on a Daytona for another 2-3 hours that evening. Must have been yours.
Glad you're happy

Bow Tie Omega
01-20-2003, 04:56 PM
Her454, I know it is a long drive. But if you really love your boat, Barney is worth every mile. My boat is there right now. Get a friend, load up a cooler and do the trip. Stay the night in Havasu and do again the next day. It would be worth it to me. Just my opinion. Good Luck with your boat..Joe

HavasuBarney
01-21-2003, 04:45 PM
Thanks you guys for the kind words, makes me very happy when the boat comes out nice.
I'll share a little secret with everyone though, I've never actually finished a boat. Every boat that's ever been through my shop, I continue to work on until the customer drags it from my grasp. I'm always in a mind set that I can make it a bit better and will continue trying.
G, it was good to meet you and share a few brews!
Your killing me with that Door Stop thing though! :D

DUCKY
01-22-2003, 06:45 PM
Thanks Gary, glad to hear your happy with us.