PDA

View Full Version : Damn Kings!

locogringo
03-11-2003, 01:28 AM
Went to the game tonight and they started of suckin' but almost came back at the end.
First hockey game I went to in person (live)
Pretty sweet. Sucks that they didn't win though!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/26Kings_game__wide_view_.JPG

Jungle Boy
03-11-2003, 03:38 AM
Right on, eh!! Hockey is a great game, but I have stopped going the the NHL games and stick with junior hockey. They play with a lot more heart. The pros are a bunch of overpaid spoiled pricks. High wages are killing the game as they are in most pro sports now.

JetBoatRich
03-11-2003, 04:27 AM
Jungle Boy:
Right on, eh!! Hockey is a great game, but I have stopped going the the NHL games and stick with junior hockey. They play with a lot more heart. The pros are a bunch of overpaid spoiled pricks. High wages are killing the game as they are in most pro sports now. True with most team sports, don't you think?

Jungle Boy
03-11-2003, 06:01 AM
Yes I do. I don't think anybody is worth several (many) millions a year to play a kids game. And the argument of the people who say that the owners are making a killing don't mean shit to me, they are the ones that invested in the team and are taking the risks of failure. Let's see some of the players invest in the teams they are playing for. They have NO team or town loyalties anymore, only money. It's like the inmates running the prisons with pro sports now a days. I know there will be some folks that will say that the players are taking risks too and have a short career span, but if they save some of their cash and invest they should be able to live very nice after a 10 year career, where as most of us guys will have to work for 40 years to retire. They also have insurance against personal injury. Just my morning rant......... :rolleyes:
[ March 11, 2003, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: Jungle Boy ]

hack job
03-11-2003, 08:10 AM
yeah i wen tlast week to watach them play anahiem and they suck in the frist two periods thn tied it but lost about 2 mins before the end. right now the kings are missing a couple of there key players. if they dont turn it around soon there will be no play offs for them. frown

shockwavebd
03-11-2003, 07:43 PM
Loco wern't you banned from there argue

locogringo
03-11-2003, 08:47 PM
shockwavebd:
Loco wern't you banned from there argue :D yea but I wore a wig and they had no clue!
:D :D

JetBoatRich
03-12-2003, 09:09 AM
They are out of the playoff hunt :o and trading players frown

fear the turtle
03-12-2003, 10:08 AM
Love hockey big Capitals fan.
Jungle Boy - You watch alot of RD Rebel games, what do you think of Boyd Gordon? Is he gonna make it in the NHL on a top 2 line. Surprised they are still holding up so good this year after losing Lupaschek(sp) and Vandermeer. Good team up there, with a pretty damn good Coach. I hope the Caps some day take a good look at Sutter for an NHL/AHL affiliate job.

Jungle Boy
03-12-2003, 10:29 AM
Well, you're no doubt transplanted to Arizona. I think Boyd Gordon, Dion Phaneuf and Matt Ellison all have good chances. That Dion kid is a brute out there. He's only 17 (I think) and holds his own for sure. I beleive they are still ranked 1st or 2nd in the country. It's an on going battle with the Kelowna Rocketts. I try to get to a game each time I'm home from work.
fear the turtle:
Love hockey big Capitals fan.
Jungle Boy - You watch alot of RD Rebel games, what do you think of Boyd Gordon? Is he gonna make it in the NHL on a top 2 line. Surprised they are still holding up so good this year after losing Lupaschek(sp) and Vandermeer. Good team up there, with a pretty damn good Coach. I hope the Caps some day take a good look at Sutter for an NHL/AHL affiliate job.

Essex502
03-12-2003, 11:41 AM
Say what you want but the Kings were the most competitive back when Bruce McNall owned them. So he was a crook? Who cared! Good hockey.

fear the turtle
03-12-2003, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure 99% of the fans in Arizona couldn't even begin to name one prospect in juniors(neverless a team) or even how the whole draft and development process works and minor league affiliate. To me, in some ways that's the best part, following these kids and watching them develop. To one day suit up and play for the Big Club. I first really, really got interested into hockey when I lived in NY for a few years during the Isles glory years. Back when hockey was hockey and not the watered down passionless crap Bettman has turned it into. When the divisions were only 4 teams and every game was a great rivalry.
Rather envious of you guys to the north that get to watch those kids play. Seems no matter how many new faces come and go the rivalries and passion is always still there.

Jungle Boy
03-12-2003, 12:03 PM
Turtle, i'd give you 5 stars for that statement if I could. I feel the same way. It's very lack luster now and it's getting worse for the small Canadian teams each year. When teams in the south have big TV contracts and no fan base can make it and teams like the Oilers that have a huge fan base and small money contracts for TV can't make a go, then something very basic is wrong. Canadian pesos for revenue and US dollars for wages is killing us. Oh well, I'll go and watch the Rebels for 10 bucks and drink 3 dollar beers. :cool:

Jungle Boy
03-12-2003, 12:05 PM
Essex502:
Say what you want but the Kings were the most competitive back when Bruce McNall owned them. So he was a crook? Who cared! Good hockey. I liked McNall and you are right and who cares. He liked the game.

JetBoatRich
03-12-2003, 12:39 PM
Would be nice to be in the playoffs again :confused:

riverdog
03-12-2003, 08:43 PM
Kings will be fine next year. By the end of the season they will be over 500 man games lost to injury. The #1 line had close to 30 points in the 1st 8 games of the season then Allison went down with the cheap slewfoot check an the injury parade began.

hack job
03-13-2003, 08:39 AM
riverdog:
Kings will be fine next year. By the end of the season they will be over 500 man games lost to injury. The #1 line had close to 30 points in the 1st 8 games of the season then Allison went down with the cheap slewfoot check an the injury parade began. so whats different from every other year , this king start out hot and then about mid season they start with the injuries. i swear it like all L.A. teams have problems with injuries.
i love the kings i have watched them for a long time and the team waws better back in the day buti think the Dave Taylor is trying to get them back to that by bilding that kind of team again. wink
lets hope next season that they stay healther longer , oh hell like all season. lol :D

Metal_King
03-14-2003, 12:27 PM
Being a season ticket holder myself, this season was an aberration. this team was decimated by injuries, plain and simple. To take Allison and Deadmarsh off this team for the majority of the season took its toll.
All Kings fans can come over to the boards at www.letsgokings.com (http://www.letsgokings.com)
One of our members, Phillip Propper was allowed to look at the financial books of the Kings...something that is unheard of (letting a fan take a look at the organizations books). The results will come out in about two weeks. His handle is Piston...mine is Metalking.

Metal_King
03-14-2003, 12:27 PM
Being a season ticket holder myself, this season was an aberration. this team was decimated by injuries, plain and simple. To take Allison and Deadmarsh off this team for the majority of the season took its toll.
All Kings fans can come over to the boards at www.letsgokings.com (http://www.letsgokings.com)
One of our members, Phillip Propper was allowed to look at the financial books of the Kings...something that is unheard of (letting a fan take a look at the organizations books). The results will come out in about two weeks. His handle is Piston...mine is Metalking.