PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Offshore Blassts Into Northern California

Spirit of Discovery
08-30-2002, 07:32 AM
Sunday, Sept. 8, The Pacific Offshore Championship Series will be responsible for a little "Delta Thunder". As part of Pittsburg Seafood Festival, The boats of Pacific Offshore will be lighting up the water adjacent to the Pittsburg Yacht Harbor. The National Anthem is at 11 and the race starts at 12 noon. This is a GREAT event with lots to see, do AND eat!! There is an estimated 200,000 who attend this race. Don't forget that those of you who want to experience a little competition can "Race what you brung". See the Pacific Offshore Website for more information. www.pacificoffshore.com (http://www.pacificoffshore.com) We can always use more patrol boats too!! There is a dinner at the Yacht Club both Friday and Saturday nights, call the Yacht Club for reservations. Rumor has it that there are several of the "Big Guns" from the APBA ProSeries who are coming out to race against us west coasters too. This race is shaping up to be the best so far this year. Hope to see you all there!!

Spirit of Discovery
09-02-2002, 10:43 AM
Just Keepin' it on top!!

tahitirob
09-03-2002, 07:12 AM
Scott, If the weather stays up like it was last weekend you guys should have some good fast racing. The water was like glass last weekend. As you probably know from the past, that area from Pittsburg to the Antioch bridge can get quite rough!

diggler
09-03-2002, 10:29 AM
Spirit of Discovery:
We can always use more patrol boats too!! Hey there! I just tried calling the number on the website to volunteer for patrol but no-one answered. I used to run patrol on Lake Erie for hydroplane races back in the day. How do I go about volunteering? (I only live about 1hr from the race site).

Spirit of Discovery
09-03-2002, 11:02 AM
Call Van DePiero, the harbormaster for Pittsburg. I'm sorry that I don't have his number but he is in the Harbormaster's Office for the City of Pittsburg. He can give you all the correct info. You might try the Huntington Beach page at the Pacific Offshore website as well. I think I saw his number on that. Worse comes to worse, show up on Saturday and we'll get you set up for Sunday!! Thanks for your intereest!! Scott

diggler
09-03-2002, 01:36 PM
Spirit of Discovery:
Call Van DePiero, the harbormaster for Pittsburg. I'm sorry that I don't have his number but he is in the Harbormaster's Office for the City of Pittsburg. He can give you all the correct info. You might try the Huntington Beach page at the Pacific Offshore website as well. I think I saw his number on that. Worse comes to worse, show up on Saturday and we'll get you set up for Sunday!! Thanks for your intereest!! ScottWell, I got a hold of his daughter, so she's going to try to reach him for me. Also, she informed me that Pacific Dive & Rescue is handling this and we have to volunteer through them. I'll let you know on this board all the contact numbers when I find out. Thanks!

Oldsquirt
09-03-2002, 02:18 PM
Derk, you need to get a hold of the guy who owns this boat
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Stern_Drives/JohnsCig.JPG
How do I know, you ask? He is one of the service managers at work. I'm not too sure you will want to be out there in your boat, though. We were in my friend's 21 Advantage for the Benicia races and even that was less than ideal in the windy conditions. I'll talk to John tomorrow and pass along any info.

diggler
09-03-2002, 02:43 PM
OLDSQUIRT:
How do I know, you ask? He is one of the service managers at work. I'm not too sure you will want to be out there in your boat, though. We were in my friend's 21 Advantage for the Benicia races and even that was less than ideal in the windy conditions. I'll talk to John tomorrow and pass along any info.Is it that bad? I haven't been in that large bay area before. If you think it isn't worth it, I lay my cards down on it. Last thing I want is to be on the patrol and then have to be saved!
Great avatar though! Are you heading out on the Delta this weekend?