PDA

View Full Version : MAGIC,CONQUEST,ELIMINATOR

LAKEMAN
09-08-2002, 01:30 PM
Looking to buy a deck boat.I need some input on these three cats,rough water ride,turning all around boat.I test drove the magic deck boat a few weeks back,it had the 500efi with the new its standoff box.The boat road good and turned great.

OutCole'd
09-08-2002, 01:49 PM
lakeman, I definately think it is between the Conquest for quality & Magic for seating design. Both boats have the same bottom I believe. You could not go wrong either way. For me, so far I like the Magic, just because I like the two forward facing seats.
Just my .02

roln 20s
09-08-2002, 02:05 PM
Magic's party cat is awesome, but I would lean to the Conquest. I like the seating in the Magic, but think the Conquest layout is a little more useful. Great boat(conquest) with great performance--and looks wonderful rollin down the road too. I swong by the factory last week at Havasu-awesome place.
However- I agree with Outcole'd--its between Magic and Conquest!!
Roln 20s

riverracerx
09-08-2002, 02:52 PM
Come demo a Magic party cat at my Poker Run on the 21st. Keith from Magic is bringing one of those and a 29' Wizard.
http://www.riverracerx.com/regatta.html

bigorangefan
09-11-2002, 08:47 AM
Lakeman, I too was leaning between Majic and Conquest and after driving both boats I went with the Conquest for several reasons, one being that the Majic rattled at various speeds and also there was some vibration at low speeds. I think hot boat had the same experience but stated that the Manufacturer has taken care of these problems. As far as seating goes, I actually like the layout of the Conquest as you seem to be able to move around a little better and it retains the look of a deck boat as opposed to a bowrider. My boat will be finished by the end of this week, and you are more than welcome to try it out. I think you would do well with either boat as it is a matter of personal preference, which is what makes the World go around. If you choose the Conquest, call Mike or Jody at Group 1, 928-680-1400 and tell them A.C. Johnson sent you. If you go to Majic, be sure to deal with Keith as he is a straight up guy. :D
[ September 12, 2002, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: bigorangefan ]

BoatFloating
09-12-2002, 07:59 PM
LAKEMAN:
Looking to buy a deck boat.I need some input on these three cats,rough water ride,turning all around boat.I test drove the magic deck boat a few weeks back,it had the 500efi with the new its standoff box.The boat road good and turned great.Lakeman, don't sell yourself short. Also look at Carrera's 257 Party Effect. This is what I have it rides the rough stuff great and turns on a dime.

DBM
09-13-2002, 09:43 AM
The Conquest and Eliminator deck boat are the same exact hull. I would go with Eliminator, they build some of the baddest boats on the planet period. I also like the Magic, it acctually seems to me, a better design for function,room and seating.
The magic has a single forward facing seat on both sides and more protection from the wind. You would think sitting sideways for a length of time, or someone sitting right next to you all the time in 100+ heat would get old real quick.
But, if they still have not worked out all the flaws, wait util they do or go with whats already
proven itself.

carreraboat
09-15-2002, 07:40 AM
Gota check out a carrera don't forget about these guys
[ September 15, 2002, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: carreraboat ]

OutCole'd
09-15-2002, 08:13 AM
I think the interior layout of the carrera is much smaller than either of these other boats. It is 2.5 ft. smaller boat and it seems to be all in the seating.

carreraboat
09-15-2002, 08:29 AM
You are right just had to throw that in there i am a big fan of there boats
[ September 15, 2002, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: carreraboat ]

BoatFloating
09-16-2002, 02:06 PM
OutCole'd:
I think the interior layout of the carrera is much smaller than either of these other boats. It is 2.5 ft. smaller boat and it seems to be all in the seating.OC'd, It is 2.5 feet shorter but most of that gain is in the swim deck. Conquest and Eliminator both have built in swim decks and I'm not sure about Magic. They both add that into total length. The only thing I don't like about the conquest is the bench style driver seat (I don't need the wife that close to me at the river if you know what I mean!) other than that it's a sweet boat. I don't think you gain anymore or any less seats in the Carrera. If you get any of these boats you'd be doing alright. I would even narrow that down to Carrera or Conquest. They both seem to be leading the party boat parade.

BoatFloating
09-16-2002, 03:37 PM
RiverDave:
I was under the impression that Carerra wasn't selling a whole lot of those deck boats. I've only seen two of them on the water. I know they had one in there show room (selling used) for like 8 months.
RDRD, They sell like crazy. I would say they sold at least 20 last year. That is a lot in custom built terms. I would say that on any given weekend in Havasu you would see 4-8 of them including mine. They are deceving looking as they look like a regular Carrera cat. This why I liked the look of them. They don't look like your A typical deck boat. When I'm at Havasu I would say you see more Carrera,Conquests and Advantage deck boats than Eliminators. I personal don't see that many Eliminators out there. Maybe 1 a weekend. The one that was used for sale was a guy who worked there and what he was asking you could damn near build your own for the price he was asking. If you could put your on colors etc on there for a couple grand more you will do it JMHO. He also put it up for sale in October and you know it's almost impossible to sell a boat during off season.
[ September 16, 2002, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: BoatFloating ]

bigorangefan
09-16-2002, 04:57 PM
Like RD said the Magic, Eliminator and Conquest have the same proven Talon bottom. As far as sitting sideway's, my crew likes the fact that they have more room to recline when underway and I like to have the wife or grandson sitting next to me when cruising the channel or enjoying a ride up or down the river. At any speed above idle the 100 degree heat or above is not an issue. :D

HAVASU HAULIN'
09-16-2002, 09:14 PM
Go with the CONQUEST TOP CAT it was named "sport catamaran of the year" (2002) from powerboat magazine. and you cant beat zero to sixty in 15sec. ( H.P. 500 - 28' boat)

KCook
09-17-2002, 08:45 AM
Carrera for go, Magic for show, Eliminator for resale. All really nice!
Kelly Cook

carreraboat
09-19-2002, 07:16 PM
Kcook could not of said it better myself!!!!!!!!