PDA

View Full Version : Route from Desert Center to Parker

Timer
07-07-2002, 06:50 PM
My trip software lists the following in order of quickest, 1) being the quickest:
1) Thru Quartzite, AZ
2) Thru Rice, CA
3) Thru Poston, AZ
Does this jive with anyone's experience?
I normally take the Rice road from Desert Center, but I'm looking for a more safe road. I'll be hitting Desert Center shortly after lunch tomorrow, so it won't be night driving or the time of day anyone drunk will be heading back from the River (I'm assuming).
Thanks.
[ August 04, 2002, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Timer ]

Havasu_Dreamin
07-07-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Timer:
I normally take the Rice road from Desert Center, but I'm looking for a more safe road. Thanks.
Go thru Blythe and into Ehrenberg AZ. The highway cuts across the indian reservation and farm land, very flat and straight. It adds ~15-20 miles in distance, over Rice Road, but the road is WAY better than going thru Rice.
HD

gmnhra
07-07-2002, 07:05 PM
i have tried every route known...in my opinion, by far the safest route and easiest drive is to stay on I-10 to blythe. cross the river and take the first exit. turn left and go north through the Indian agricultural fields (nice straight road). the road (about 35 miles)takes you to the east end of parker. a left turn into town and a right on 95 gets you headed to havasu...another 35 miles...
it may be a 10-15 miles longer but worth it to avoid rice road..
gm

Timer
07-07-2002, 07:07 PM
HD, do I go North from Ehrenberg or go thru Ehrenberg to Quatzite? Thanks.

Timer
07-07-2002, 07:11 PM
It sounds like I don't go to Quartzite. Thanks to both of you for your quick response.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-07-2002, 07:15 PM
Get off of at the first exit in AZ. Make a left at the end of the ramp. Then make a right at the stop sign. Stay on this road for ~35-40 miles and you will come into the South end of Parker, the Chevrolet dealer will be off to your right. Make a left and then go to the AM/PM and make a right. Stay on that road and you will end up in Havasu.
HD
EDIT: GD MOFO SMILEY! Hot Boat, little help huh!?!?! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/mad.gif
[This message has been edited by Havasu_Dreamin (edited July 07, 2002).]

1quickjet
07-07-2002, 08:16 PM
Timer, I also use that route and recommend it. Much safer than Rice and you will lose very little time. One warning though, be careful through Ehrenberg, as far as speed goes. Drive no faster than posted speed limits. The Sherrif has nailed my brother and many friends. Once out of Ehrenberg and going through the fields, I don't think speed is enforced as heavily. I have never seen any L/E through there. My 02.

Timer
07-07-2002, 08:46 PM
Thanks everyone.

locogringo
07-07-2002, 09:09 PM
Got a ticket on Rice Road coming back Saturday night. Little bummer!

Timer
07-11-2002, 07:43 AM
We came back from Lake Havasu yesterday. I really liked that road going north out of Ehrenberg. Think we'll take that from now on. Thanks again to everyone for the recommendation.

Flat Happy
07-11-2002, 08:09 AM
Off on a tangent, but how is Ehrenberg these days? I lived there for 9 yrs (1979-1988). Our house was on Parker-Poston Rd near the general store (don't have a clue what it's called now) and next to some Truck repair place. It was about half way through town.
Not many cool boats rolled through town back then, but sounds like more than a few of you prefer that route. This forum brings back more cool memories each day http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

Timer
07-11-2002, 08:28 AM
We didn't stop there but it looks very "old" industrial along the road.

Beautiful Noise
07-11-2002, 09:07 AM
The road from Ehrenberg to Parker might not be a fast road(Speed limit wise)but it is a much safer ride.I've been going this way for years.....Just watch for the the Indian police they do follow the speed limit very close, so maintain.

beached1
07-11-2002, 10:49 AM
I have to dissagree with you all. Rice Road is the best hands down. Fast, safe, and fun for the whole family.

SoCalPower
07-11-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by beached1:
I have to dissagree with you all. Rice Road is the best hands down. Fast, safe, and fun for the whole family.
Especially during flash floods!!!!

gigamurph
07-11-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by beached1:
I have to dissagree with you all. Rice Road is the best hands down. Fast, safe, and fun for the whole family.That's what I like about you b1! You know a good time when you see one! These wimps who are afraid of Rice Road are really missin' out! Ya just gotta drive Rice Road like ya gotta get through life! Jump on its back, grab a handful of its ears, grit your teeth, slap it on the a**, and hang on! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif