PDA

View Full Version : Could be worse?

Skaterfast
07-12-2002, 04:28 PM
Wife not feeling good.Get in the car anyway with the kids and start heading East to Havasu.Sitting in traffic on the 60FWY and the wife barfs in the paper bag she brought.So here I am one hour later at home.

RiverToysJas
07-12-2002, 04:31 PM
Couldn't you find someone at a truck stop that was going the other way and could take her home? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/confused.gif
RTJas http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

DickDanger
07-12-2002, 04:41 PM
Could have been a lot worse. What if she had announced that she had brought a bi sexual girlfriend along, only to forget that the girlfriend was hiding in the trunk as a surprise, but had asphixiated back there??? Hope this helps!!!! -DD Out

Old Charger
07-12-2002, 04:50 PM
Could be worse, she could've forgot the paperbag!

XTRM22
07-12-2002, 05:40 PM
Could have been worse....could have happened to me. Sorrry Mike, hope you have a nice quiet weekend at home. We'll be at Crazy Horse weekend after next... is this gonna throw your everyother weekend at the river out of sink with mine? Tell Jill we all hope she feels better!
Chuck

Miss RacingRascal
07-12-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Skaterfast:
Wife not feeling good.Get in the car anyway with the kids and start heading East to Havasu.Sitting in traffic on the 60FWY and the wife barfs in the paper bag she brought.So here I am one hour later at home.
That really sucks, but I gotta give your wife props for trying to make the journey. For her to throw up an hour away from home, means she was feelin pretty shitty to begin with. I'm sure she'll make it up to you once she's feelin better.

JetBoatRich
07-12-2002, 07:13 PM
Why are you not on the way to Havasu, time alone for her to feel better without picking up after the family might be good for her.

Skaterfast
07-13-2002, 08:30 AM
Laughing out loud here.Chuck,I might just have to make 2 weekends in a row.I thought about goin it alone with the kids,but I see how hard she works when we are there.

gigamurph
07-13-2002, 10:04 AM
Yeah, it could be worse! Loaded everyone up, hitched the boat, drug it all the way to Laughlin one Fri. AM last August, put it in Mojave on Fri. afternoon, got wet for a couple of hours, trailered her (no slips available), went back to the Belle, had dinner, went to the room, and proceeded to listen to the wife and daughter puke their guts up all night! FLU! Nobody else got sick; just them! Don't say ya should have went on out either! Everyone but the wife are absolutely helpless when it comes to the boat. 9 hours towin' time for a lousy 2 hours of gettin' wet!...and I live 10 minutes away from Polio Pond! Oh well! At least I did get wet! Oh yeah! Also lost my a** at the tables! DUH! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

XTRM22
07-13-2002, 04:14 PM
Mike, dude! I seriously hope Jill gets feelin better fast, I know I'M A Total whining wuss when sick! Proud of you though for noticing how hard she works with the kids! It only took what, three years and two kids? She was working hard to keep you and Jimmy outa trouble when we met five years ago!!!!!
Chuck

Skaterfast
07-14-2002, 10:37 AM
Maybe it was a blessing in disguise? Jill was feeling better by 10 on Saturday morning.Soooo we went down to Dana Point and hopped on my cousins 28' cabin cruiser with 7 kids all under the age of 11.Beautifull day, went to Newport fun Zone.Pizza,15 bucks worth of candy, ferris wheel, the whole nine yards. So we are selling the Skater, the 5th wheel trailer and buying a 30' cabin cruiser, for Catalina and what ever.
No way, just kidding.

gnarley
07-15-2002, 12:37 PM
Could be worse??? How about this?
We left Saturday to go to Lake Don Pedro for the annual Pig Roast. We were heading out of town on a rural county road & I was following a Honda with a young Asian female driving. I had about 8 to 10 car lengths behind her doing about 40-45 MPH when the light turns yellow at an intersection. SHE SLAMS ON HER BRAKES and you can see the nose diving on the Honda like she is about to go through a RED and she is only about 50 feet from the intersection???
I thought a Yellow light was a caution to slow for the stop or prepare to stop, but not STOP?
Anyway it looked like she panicked at the thought of entering the intersection on a yellow light and didn't know what was coming behind her. I SLAMMED on the brakes & didn't feel enough slowing quickly enough, even with the surges on the trailer so I lifted off the brake & matted it, laid on the horn and went around on the right shoulder/turn lane into the intersection still on a Yellow light!
I think everyone else must have seen us coming cause the light turned red while we were in the intersection & no one jumped the gun and came through to hit us!
DAMN are we lucky, and is that DAMN little stupid FUKKEN Asian gal lucky!!! We could have killed her if we hit her with 12,000 pounds. That surely would of screwed us up financially for the rest of our lives. Would it of been my fault???
And it doesn't end there.
About an hour later we are in crap traffic merging from I80 south on to I580 east and get about 5 miles and hear a loud BAM, & I mean BAAAAMMMM! We limp off the freeway into a bad part of Oakland & listen as we are rolling and hear it as the truck shakes. We find a park-n-ride under the freeway and stop to listen. The motor sounds fine & everything seems fine,so I get out & start looking around to then find the trailer and boat covered in oil. Then I look under the rear of the truck to find a hole in the diff cover, which explains the oil loss.
Well needless to say our day is done & we are not going to the Pig Roast! Hell we don't even know how we are gettin home from Oakland with the boat with a brand new Stereo installed after last weekend’s theft.
SO I did the MacGyver thing. I pulled the rear driveline out, locked the front hubs and put in 4X4 high range & turned around in the parking lot. I still heard the noise so I knew I needed to pull the cover off the diff and inspect. NO oil & a broken tooth wedged in the carrier that would hit the pinion every rotation. I was able to BEAT the tooth out then put the cover on & beat the hole closed on the cover.
Then we drove 10 blocks through Downtown Oakland with NO OIL in the diff lookin for a parts store & pull into a Kragen. I get the supplies then clean & epoxy the cover and fill with gear oil and hit the road home in front wheel drive. We made it home http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif safe & sound. What a FUKKEN day. It could have been worse but it still was not good!
So did you have a bad day???

XTRM22
07-15-2002, 02:30 PM
I don't know how much worse it can get, but Gnarly wins my vote for the coveted "Macgyver Get It Home Repair" and beleive me, as a man who has winched an axle back under a truck in the middle of the prairie while elk hunting, I know one when I hear it! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
Chuck