PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Love

MayDaze
12-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Been seeing a lot of Clippers love on the boards. How about the Lakers who just finished a strong road trip (5-1). :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

totenhosen
12-15-2005, 03:36 PM
Yup, Lakers have had a good run as of late.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Lakers are doing pretty good recently. Hopefully they can keep it up. Clips are on a 3 game skid as of today.

Jyruiz
12-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Lakers did have a good road trip, but the schedule gets tougher for them, let see if they can keep the team play going, cuz when they move the ball around, they are a lot better.

slink
12-15-2005, 03:54 PM
Naw...F THE LAKERS...
Guess you've already lost that christmas spirit :yuk:

MayDaze
12-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Naw...F THE LAKERS...
:yuk:

Cole Trickle
12-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Lakers have been playing much better.(I couldn't even watch the first few games they were so bad)
I think they are only 2 games back now?
I read/heard somewhere that they were looking to add Artest if the numbers worked out.I don't know where they would put him but he would bring some toughness to the team.
I can't figure out why Devon George is still on the team? :yuk:

totenhosen
12-15-2005, 04:05 PM
I read/heard somewhere that they were looking to add Artest if the numbers worked out.I don't know where they would put him but he would bring some toughness to the team.
I can't figure out why Devon George is still on the team? :yuk:
D. George knows the offense and is a solid contributor. I think he is coming off of an injury.
F Artest!

MayDaze
12-15-2005, 04:17 PM
I’m curious I know the Lakers and Clippers share the Staples Center. But do they take down all of the Lakers Championship Banners when it is just the Clips playing? :rollside:

Cole Trickle
12-15-2005, 04:22 PM
D. George knows the offense and is a solid contributor. I think he is coming off of an injury.
F Artest!
I don't really like Artest but I don't remember DG hitting an important shot in a couple years???
He missed a pretty easy 3 the other night with the game on the line. :cry: Luckily Kobe threw in a prear from 30ft out.

slink
12-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Maybe it is because I finished up my shopping today and am home wrapping the gifts. Well, at least putting them in a bag...lol
NAW....F THE LAKERS
You don't have to wrap mine, just come on down and drop it off.........you know where I'm at :) :)

slink
12-15-2005, 04:31 PM
I’m curious I know the Lakers and Clippers share the Staples Center. But do they take down all of the Lakers Championship Banners when it is just the Clips playing? :rollside:
It's kinda like when Tom was a young kid playing in his big brothers rooms, staring at all those big trophies on the wall, hoping that one day he could obtain one for himself. Too bad he never got one, nor will the Clippers :crossx: :crossx:

H20 Toie
12-15-2005, 05:35 PM
Who are the Lakers?
Oh you mean Kobe's team :)

MayDaze
12-17-2005, 01:12 PM
You saw what happened to the Lakers without D. George last season, as he missed almost the entire season. He's the only real change to their lineup this year. You also see Corey Maggette's impact on the Clippers. I think they have only lost one game with him in the lineup, unfortunately, he's already missed a lot of games, including the last five.
This is one of your quote's from another thread
" Say what you what, this is one deep, tenacious team. They play the same game without Cassell, Brand or Maggette (who hasn't played for two games) on the floor. "
So they are one deep, tenacious team, when Maggette is in the line up? :)

dmontzsta
12-17-2005, 02:27 PM
clippers will ALWAYS be second at Staples.

Schmick
12-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Basketball is like Soccer only its played by taller pu$$ies too soft to take a hit and who's mommies wouldnt sign the Pop Warner waiver. Screw Ballerina Ball in real sports the defense hits you

Jyruiz
12-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Basketball is like Soccer only its played by taller pu$$ies too soft to take a hit and who's mommies wouldnt sign the Pop Warner waiver. Screw Ballerina Ball in real sports the defense hits you
I played soccer for 11 years, great sport, but a little too boring.

Schmick
12-17-2005, 03:06 PM
its a great way to get mommies little princess out of the house so mommy can show off what type of books she reads and coffee she drinks to other disinterested mommies, but not so much a great sport

Old Texan
12-17-2005, 03:11 PM
You have obviously never played basketball to make such a ridiculous statement. It is very physical.
Maybe sometime we can get a little pickup game going and you can drive the lane for some proof. No threat implied. :)

Schmick
12-17-2005, 03:12 PM
you jump, I low bridge... no threat implied

Schmick
12-17-2005, 03:18 PM
jumping higher just makes low bridging easier.... then after we play your game we lace on the ice skates and play hockey and I show you how physical basketball isnt

Schmick
12-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Hockey is the last bastion of white male domminance in team sports and should be embraced for that.
plus sports are better when you get to hit the guy with the ball/puck

Schmick
12-17-2005, 03:33 PM
yeah pre visor-clad, eurokunt hockey gary bettman brand hockey but there are North maerican Princesses like Mike Modano who are as guilty as it as the eastern block is, Hockey before 1993 was great, its been bad since.
I like hockey, I looooove football but there arent any beer football leagues out there where I can go out and participate in

Schmick
12-17-2005, 03:38 PM
I wish that USC would have dumped the basketball program and spent Galens Millions on Dedeaux field and buying up Expo Park to build a larger football facility

dmontzsta
12-17-2005, 03:58 PM
The Lakers almost beat the spurs too, it means nothing.
The clippers really have no playoff experience, everyone knows how to turn it up in the playoffs.

MayDaze
12-17-2005, 04:37 PM
The Lakers almost beat the spurs too, it means nothing.
The clippers really have no playoff experience, everyone knows how to turn it up in the playoffs.
You make a very good point.

dmontzsta
12-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Lots of playoff experience on the Clips now too, with Cassell, Mobley and McCarty. And don't discount the fact that Brand, Maggette and Ewing all played at Duke.
Cassell on a team that never made it past the first round.
Mobley (I think) never made it past the first round.
McCarty? never heard of him.
:)
Duke? We are talking the pros now Bob. :crossx:

Old Texan
12-17-2005, 05:06 PM
jumping higher just makes low bridging easier.... then after we play your game we lace on the ice skates and play hockey and I show you how physical basketball isnt
Like I said you know very little about the game of basketball apparently. Little bridgers get hurt as that isn't within the rules and serious players take homage. I'm a big hockey fan as well. Having played both along with football and baseball I can compare all.
I've followed the Red Wings since the Gordie Howe days and love the game. We didn't play much inside in my day as only the upper club teams and colleges could get enough ice time. In my 20's they started to get more inside venues and we got inside, but by then I was playing with the old guys in beer leagues.
B-Ball after college was industrial leagues and pickup at the Y and such. You want physical try that venue. Bridge somebody there and you may wish you weren't born.
It's all fun and to each his own. :)

MayDaze
12-17-2005, 05:08 PM
Sam I Am has 103 games of playoff experience in 9 seasons, hardly a first round and out bust. Walter McCarty has 38 games in 9 seasons. Cuttino Mobley is actually low man with 14 games. Except for Kobe Bryant, that's a hell of a lot more playoff experience than the Lakers.
And, like I said, don't discount the fact that those three young kids went to Duke. When you play at Duke, there's really no such thing as a meaningless basketball game.
If the Clippers make it to the playoffs I don't think its the Lakers playoff experience that they need to worry about. I have a feeling they (Lakers & Clippers) both will be watching the NBA Finals on TV. I still believe it will be the Lakers who bring the next Championship to the Staples Center..

MayDaze
12-17-2005, 05:14 PM
I am in no way, shape or form, implying that the Clippers are a championship basketball team. They're a couple years and a player away from that. This whole discussion started when a few people said the Clippers wouldn't make the playoffs. I contend that they will make the playoffs and should they be lucky enough to secure a 5 or 6 seed (or better) they could possibly get past the first round. I've said many times, I'm a realist. I like the Clippers to win 50 games and then exit the playoffs like the Griz. :D
I hear ya.. Being a fan of LA Teams I just hope Sterling keeps it together and doesn't F Things up.... It would be nice to see 2 really good teams in the Staples Center...

Old Texan
12-17-2005, 05:40 PM
I'm pretty neutral on the LA teams as I've grown up a Pistons fan and Rocket follower for 25 years living in Houston. Rooted for the Lakers during the Magic days and such.
The West is pretty much a young division with no proven frontrunner. I personally think the Clips, Suns, and Lakers will battle pretty even with the Warriors being the dark horse to beware of. Stoudamire will be back and make the Suns probably best on paper.
Jackson for once hasn't inherited total talent and we should see if he is for real as one of the top coachs he is said to be. Always having a couple superstars makes life a little simpler. Koby is mental project that can make the Lakers or break the Lakers. Koby's ego is his worst enemy.
If the Clips can maintain any kind of chemistry this could be their time. Cassal has experience but for some reason I've never cared much for Mobley. He can shoot you our of a game just as quick as he can shoot you into one. Plus his D has always had lapses at the wrong time. The Rockets finally realized he and Stevie Franchise weren't getting to the next level.
Whatever happens it's going to be a fun race to the end. Hard to see anybody runing away with things. Come playoff time I'm not sure anyone is strong enough to go very far, but they can be spoilers. Clips probably would get the edge there I'd think.

Old Texan
12-17-2005, 05:49 PM
I don't like Mobley running a team, but I like him side by side with Cassell.
And, I hardly think you can call the Warriors a darkhorse. I believe since they acquired Baron Davis mid season last year until this year current, they have the 3rd best record in the NBA.
Mobley can break your heart.
I didn't want to push the Warriors to hard as I've noticed you are a little touchy with theat Clippers Fever. :p

Old Texan
12-17-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm liking the Warriors too. :D
It's nice to see some down teams up again. I'm a big Bengals fan too. The only team that is breaking my heart this year is the Chargers, probably the best of all the teams I like. Weird. :cry: :cry:
Hey your boy Eli :rollside: helped you out earlier and Buffalo is up 7 early, always hope.