PDA

View Full Version : Lake San Vicente...is it worth it?

WaltersCamp
08-16-2002, 10:19 AM
I've lived in SD all my life, but never been there.
What's your take on the place?

cal-air
08-16-2002, 10:24 AM
WaltersCamp:
I've lived in SD all my life, but never been there.
What's your take on the place?It depends on what you want to do. I happen to like the lake, but if you look at my avatar you can tell I don't have a jet boat. If you want to go on the weekend you better arrive before 7 a.m. They only allow 100 boats on the lake and it fills up quick. I go there quite frequently, in fact, I'm heading out today after work :D

78Eliminator
08-16-2002, 10:25 AM
It's a f'ing puddle and there is always a wait on the weekend, but it's ok for test runs. At san-v I have:
a. caught a boat on fire
b. rolled a boat going 70 mph
I shred

WaltersCamp
08-16-2002, 10:47 AM
Is heard there's a speed limit? Is this true?

89checkmate
08-16-2002, 10:48 AM
Thursday, and friday are the best days to go.
Speed limit is 35mph.
Cost: $5.00/person, $5.00/boat.

Hustler
08-16-2002, 10:50 AM
78Eliminator:
It's a f'ing puddle and there is always a wait on the weekend, but it's ok for test runs. At san-v I have:
a. caught a boat on fire
I shredOh boy you just opened another can of worms son!! come on tell us more about rolling a boat at 70 wink

SchellSchock
08-16-2002, 11:10 AM
I go to San V most weekends. A few tips.
1. It is a water contact lake so tons of wakeboard and ski, tube boats.
2. 35 mph speed limit. Watch for lake patrol and a short speed run on back side is possible usually later in the afternoon/evening.
3. Saturday is less crowed than Sunday for weekends but Friday is best day of all.
4. Other posters are right get there before 7:00 am or expect to wait in line, (average wait approx 2 hrs.)
5. Shouldn't give this away but, I go over to the lake for weekend Ski, Wake, Occasional Speed runs and time my arrival around 3:00-3:30 pm. Never have to wait, drive in, launch, get decent water around 5:00- 5:30 pm off lake by 6:30- 7:00pm.
If I want to spend the day I go at sunrise, set up a day camp, and spend all day.
It is a pretty nice lake although a little small.
Hope this helps.
If ya' go, look for a Blue and White Glastron blastin by at 60 and give me a holler.

78Eliminator
08-16-2002, 11:44 AM
Hustler:
78Eliminator:
a. caught a boat on fire
I shredOh boy you just opened another can of worms son!! come on tell us more about rolling a boat at 70 wink It was my dads boat, I let some idiot drive it and the next thing I know, I'm 15 feet under.

Hotcrusader76
08-16-2002, 11:46 AM
78Eliminator:
Hustler:
78Eliminator:
a. caught a boat on fire
I shredOh boy you just opened another can of worms son!! come on tell us more about rolling a boat at 70 wink It was my dads boat, I let some idiot drive it and the next thing I know, I'm 15 feet under.Justin!! SSSHHHHHhhhhh hush about the rolling thing.....This isn't good "PR".....:-)

Hustler
08-16-2002, 11:50 AM
Hotcrusader76:
78Eliminator:
Hustler:
78Eliminator:
a. caught a boat on fire
I shredOh boy you just opened another can of worms son!! come on tell us more about rolling a boat at 70 wink It was my dads boat, I let some idiot drive it and the next thing I know, I'm 15 feet under.Justin!! SSSHHHHHhhhhh hush about the rolling thing.....This isn't good "PR".....:-)you know Justin I beleive you have a giant black cloud hanging over your head, next time I see you make sure I put my bimini OK :D
by the way whats going on with your boat?

78Eliminator
08-16-2002, 11:52 AM
Hustler:
you know Justin I beleive you have a giant black cloud hanging over your head, next time I see you make sure I put my bimini OK :D
by the way whats going on with your boat?Hustler, I have a death wish. If anyone has some kick ass boat that they're too scared to drive, let me drive it. I have the "don't give a f@#$ attitude".
I am waiting on my fuel pressure regulator that I should have back from BG next week. That's it!!!! Boat is ready to go other than that....
[ August 16, 2002, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

Hustler
08-16-2002, 11:54 AM
Sounds good, so lets see you a fuel pressure prob.? right? and how did the timing check out?

78Eliminator
08-16-2002, 11:59 AM
Hustler:
Sounds good, so lets see you a fuel pressure prob.? right? and how did the timing check out?Check this out. I went to Froggy's house and we spun the motor to TDC. At TDC we noticed that the timing mark was like 30 degrees off. The shit bird who owned the boat had that thing set up REALLY bad. What's funny is that it still ran pretty good when it ran. So, that and the fuel bowls constantly flooding becuase of a bad fuel press reg along with too much water in the fuel were a combination of my woes. All are fixed. Just waiting on the reg. By the way, when you send something UPS "3 day select", it really means 10 days......

Hustler
08-16-2002, 12:02 PM
well when you get it running you'll have to make a trip up to laughlin with us, the water conditions up there are perfect for your boat.

78Eliminator
08-16-2002, 12:05 PM
Hustler:
well when you get it running you'll have to make a trip up to laughlin with us, the water conditions up there are perfect for your boat.Yeah, I will for sure especially since my star rating took a shit after I missed the last one. What you guys don't understand is that I really want to go to the river every weekend, I just want to take my boat with me. If the boat tries to bend me over next time, I'll just ride someone's coat tails.....

Jordy
08-16-2002, 12:08 PM
If you are looking to ride someone's coat tails, I would lay off the horror stories of burning and flipped boats. At this point I am going to have to establish a Justin free perimeter around my boat...
Jordy :D

78Eliminator
08-16-2002, 12:10 PM
jordanpaulk:
If you are looking to ride someone's coat tails, I would lay off the horror stories of burning and flipped boats. At this point I am going to have to establish a Justin free perimeter around my boat...
Jordy :D Actually, I am not dead and I am a maniac. You should keep me around like a good luck token.

Jordy
08-16-2002, 12:12 PM
A good luck token? Because you draw all the bad karma away from everybody within a few miles? A good luck token, just what I was thinking...LOL
Jordy :D

Hustler
08-16-2002, 12:25 PM
Well I told you I had room in my boat for you but with that black cloud following you I would have been screwed with my bimini :D :D
I'm planning on going out again on sept.14th & 15th with disco charger and hopefully back again on the 21 with HBjet for the RRX regatta.
Jordy what about you? can you get you ass out there since your boat is together

WaltersCamp
08-16-2002, 12:36 PM
SchellSchock:
I go to San V most weekends. A few tips.
1. It is a water contact lake so tons of wakeboard and ski, tube boats.
2. 35 mph speed limit. Watch for lake patrol and a short speed run on back side is possible usually later in the afternoon/evening.
3. Saturday is less crowed than Sunday for weekends but Friday is best day of all.
4. Other posters are right get there before 7:00 am or expect to wait in line, (average wait approx 2 hrs.)
5. Shouldn't give this away but, I go over to the lake for weekend Ski, Wake, Occasional Speed runs and time my arrival around 3:00-3:30 pm. Never have to wait, drive in, launch, get decent water around 5:00- 5:30 pm off lake by 6:30- 7:00pm.
If I want to spend the day I go at sunrise, set up a day camp, and spend all day.
It is a pretty nice lake although a little small.
Hope this helps.
If ya' go, look for a Blue and White Glastron blastin by at 60 and give me a holler.Thanx for the tips!

78Eliminator
08-16-2002, 12:46 PM
WaltersCamp:
If ya' go, look for a Blue and White Glastron blastin by at 60 and give me a holler!Hey, by the way, Walters Camp rules! How long have you been going there? I was there almost every weekend in the summers between 85-93. We had a zodiac inflatable then we moved on to a Ski Centurion Barefoot Warrior. I love that place except the long dirt road that makes your boat look like a piece of junk by the time you hit the water.
Justin (not Jason)
[ August 16, 2002, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

WaltersCamp
08-16-2002, 02:22 PM
Well, I've been going there with my girlfriend for the past 9 years. My girlfriends parents have been going there for over 22+ years.
We just bought a used 5th Wheel with a spot down there last year. My girlfriend and I were sick of rooming with her parents. Besides, we just bought this boat and felt like we needed to move on.
Yep..that washboard road sucks. I drive about 8mph so I don't kick up any rocks on my boat. It takes us about 40 minutes to drive 6 miles.

maxbowride
08-16-2002, 02:35 PM
78Eliminator
bad fuel press reg along with too much water in the fuel ......[/QB]What ratio were you running???? j/k LOL :D

78Eliminator
08-16-2002, 02:54 PM
WaltersCamp:
Well, I've been going there with my girlfriend for the past 9 years.9 Years? So then, I bet you are getting bombarded by the "marriage" thing constantly...

WaltersCamp
08-16-2002, 03:54 PM
78Eliminator:
9 Years? So then, I bet you are getting bombarded by the "marriage" thing constantly...I saw that one coming.
Yep...I hear it everyday.
[ August 16, 2002, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: WaltersCamp ]

TOBTEK
08-17-2002, 10:20 AM
WaltersCamp:
78Eliminator:
9 Years? So then, I bet you are getting bombarded by the "marriage" thing constantly...I saw that one coming.
Yep...I hear it everyday.After nine years im sure you get hammered every 10 minutes, im at the two year mark and its a very day thing :rolleyes:

maxbowride
08-20-2002, 04:57 PM
I have been unable to go to SV since???? too long, (what can I say I've been tuna fishing every chance I can) mid july is what I am going to guess. We used to go every weekend, we didn't go to Havasu or Mead.
Can someone tell me what the sandbar looks like now? Last time I saw it there was two feet of water on it and that makes for not enough beach.

SchellSchock
08-22-2002, 07:16 AM
Maxbowride,
I'm going this weekend. I'll let ya' know water level.
Haven't been out on Boat since July 1st. Bad exp at Lake Perris, wife face planted into gunnel do to an avoidance maneuver required by some moron.
Fractured her cheek and jaw so I've been land locked ever since.

maxbowride
08-23-2002, 02:09 PM
SchellSchock:
Maxbowride,
I'm going this weekend. I'll let ya' know water level.
Haven't been out on Boat since July 1st. Bad exp at Lake Perris, wife face planted into gunnel do to an avoidance maneuver required by some moron.
Fractured her cheek and jaw so I've been land locked ever since.Oh My,,, I hope shes OK, Was there an a$$ kicking involved?
I have never been to Perris and I have no interest I like SV I just dont get to go often enough... going tuna fishing again tonight for two days.. should see eighty pounders or more :)
I wish you and your wife well :cool: