PDA

View Full Version : Auxiliary Dam Camping at Isabella

canman
08-03-2003, 03:52 PM
:confused: I'm planing a trip to lake Isabella on 8-8 to 8-10 and would like some info on the free auxiliary dam camping. Has anyone camped there? Where do I get a permit to run the boat? Is anyone going that weekend? It will be my first time at isabella and I may be going solo.
cry

75_Elim
08-03-2003, 08:04 PM
canman:
:confused: I'm planing a trip to lake Isabella on 8-8 to 8-10 and would like some info on the free auxiliary dam camping. Has anyone camped there? Where do I get a permit to run the boat? Is anyone going that weekend? It will be my first time at isabella and I may be going solo.
cry PM Jetboatrich, he knows all about that lake. And we were all just up there 2 weeks ago. Beautiful place, but be ready for the wind at 3pm.... It will blow HARD !!!!

JetBoatRich
08-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Never camped there, you do need a permit for the boat. Never bought one myself, your only in trouble if you get caught!

HalletDave
08-04-2003, 09:31 AM
I'm planing a trip to lake Isabella on 8-8 to 8-10 and would like some info on the free auxiliary dam camping. Has anyone camped there? Where do I get a permit to run the boat? Is anyone going that weekend? It will be my first time at isabella and I may be going solo.
Canman,
I would suggest Paradise Cove campground.
I have camped at the auxiliary dam without a boat.
I would say it is pretty much bare bones camping, no shade trees, no tables, just a lot of sand. There are rest rooms, pretty far from the water, (NO SHOWERS).
Good luck.
HD

eliminatedsprinter
08-04-2003, 09:41 AM
You can get permits at the Marina or at most of the stores by the lake. They will need to see either your boat or your boats registration to get your permit.
[ August 05, 2003, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

canman
08-04-2003, 06:05 PM
thanks for the info.