PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio 9,10th,and 11th?

miller19j
08-02-2002, 09:31 AM
Anyone else going up to Lake San Antonio the 9th 10th and 11th?

sandblasted
08-02-2002, 11:15 AM
I'll be there that weekend....Camping in the south shore campgrounds with a big group..
I've got a 21ft UltraXT with a jet..we'll also have a blue 19ft Hawaiian and I think someone is bringing a mastercraft ski boat..
and I'm bringing a pellet gun for the damn wild pigs...so they don't get in my cooler again...

miller19j
08-05-2002, 07:16 AM
Sandblasted,
I will be there and I have a friend with a Green Tige’. You can see a picture of my boat in my profile. I will keep an eye out for ya,
Miller19j

79Hawaiian
08-05-2002, 11:04 PM
Yo,
I spend every summer at San Antonio from about 1978 to 1990. I have been itchin to go. We always camped by the water on the North shore on big point with the grass area (can't remember the name)
What is the water level right now? Is it low? I may be down to go with a few friends as long as there is some water!

79Hawaiian
08-05-2002, 11:16 PM
Just answered my own question.
http://www.mcwra.co.monterey.ca.us/Agency_data/ReservoirData/CurrentReservoirData/d&r_current.html

Sandbar Mike
08-07-2002, 06:55 AM
Hey Guys,
You just sparked some memories for me,
My Grandparents owned a boat and trailer storage yard and lived there, there place was about 1 mile from the water. I think they were there from 1972 to 1988, My grandfather was a Sears boat distributer, People would call before coming up to camp and my grandfather would tow down there trailers and set up there camp site and even put there boats in the water/anchor off at there beach. They had one cool business for being retiered. I can remember that lake was one hell of a party place, my dad and uncles had eliminator flat bottoms in the late 70's and early 80's man San Antonio was awsome.
Is the lake still the same? It's prbably been 18+ years for me.
(Sorry for the book)

miller19j
08-07-2002, 07:30 AM
Is it still the same? Well probably not really, it is much more crowded than it use to be. But there are still enough of the old timers there to keep the spirit alive. As far as a party place it still rocks every weekend.

jet4fun
08-07-2002, 05:58 PM
where abouts is this lake? :confused:

79Hawaiian
08-07-2002, 07:54 PM
jet4fun:
where abouts is this lake? :confused: 216 miles from us valley dwellers. Most of it is fast drive on the 5. Last time I drove it was in my 32ft motorhome and we got there in 4 hours. I think I should be able to make it in 3 with my truck.
RU down? LETS GO!!! It has been some time but the lake was known for some serious speed runs in the morning and afternoon. The big boys come out to play and there is no missing them. Like I said it has been some time since I have been there but they used to allow uncorked exhaust and speeding tickets were unheard of.
Of course my boat is both slow and has permanent baffels so I have nothing to be excited about. It is still fun to watch the big boys play.
There is always smooth water on the lake somewhere and it is fairly big, 14 miles long. There is a deep cove called Harris Creek that is 5mph and very nice... Lots of trees sticking up out of the water. You just float up, tie on to a tree, and start the party! The cove does not get packed like copper canyon or anything, much bigger and very mellow.
Excellent lake for sking and wake boarding. All around fun place to be in the summertime!
http://www.fix.net/wreil/ccas/photo_ca_starparty2000-02.jpg
http://www.floatnfly.com/articles/shca.jpg
http://www.wakepics.com/media/Chris_Low_roll.jpg
http://www.wakepics.com/media/adam_jump.jpg
[ August 07, 2002, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: 79Hawaiian ]

jet4fun
08-07-2002, 09:07 PM
well, i have to be somewhere on saturday night at about 6, so i cant travel too far. i'll be at pyramid all day. thanks for the offer, let me know next time you go, maybe i'll be able to go then.

sandblasted
08-07-2002, 09:10 PM
I'm interested to see how crowded it will be this weekend...Naci is pretty low so maybe more people will be at San Antonio, usually it's the other way around....I figure to be out of the desert by 7am and on the water by noon friday...

miller19j
08-08-2002, 09:29 AM
I’m on my way up first thing tomorrow morning!!!!!! :D

Robbie Racer
08-09-2002, 04:26 PM
You guys are probably already on your way to San Antonio but I will try to hook up with you on Sunday. I have a 25' Carrera cat. White and red with a blower sticking through the hatch. Hope to see you guys there. Keith

sandblasted
08-12-2002, 09:05 PM
Robbie Racer:
You guys are probably already on your way to San Antonio but I will try to hook up with you on Sunday. I have a 25' Carrera cat. White and red with a blower sticking through the hatch. Hope to see you guys there. KeithDid you pull into the cove on the south end of the lake by Basham Point and sit there for about an or so on sunday...There was a beautiful white and red cat that pulled in there..either way it was a beautiful boat..

JetBoatRich
08-13-2002, 03:06 AM
How was it Greg?
The rest of us had to work while you took another vacation. If you want to do a local day trip let me know.
:D wink

sandblasted
08-13-2002, 10:34 AM
JetBoatRich:
How was it Greg?
The rest of us had to work while you took another vacation. If you want to do a local day trip let me know.
:D wink It was great...water was not that low, you could see some trees in the water but they were all in the end of coves with no wake zones so no hazard...Great part about the south shore is it is less crowded...there are a couple nice coves to pull kids around on tubes without worrying about them getting run over...Campgrounds are nice too, we woke up every morning to wild turkeys and quail in our camp..and there are deer everywhere...kids can walk right up to them and feed them..