PDA

View Full Version : Parker Strip crash on Saturday

78DiMarco
08-05-2002, 11:52 AM
I was at Parker over the weekend and on Saturday around 5:00 PM about a mile south of Parker Dam there was a flat upside down on the California side. There were a lot of boats in the area ready to help and a sheriff on the road just above.
Boatcop, any news on what happened?
I hope all is well with the driver and anyone onboard.

HM
08-05-2002, 12:20 PM
I was there on Saturday as well, but I did not see that boat crash......I did see a Sea Ray about half full of water in front of the Road Runner. People were bailing and another boat was looking like it was attempting to pull it to shore.

Boatcop
08-05-2002, 12:24 PM
Don't have the full report yet, but from what I understand, a boat swamped and sunk. No injuries.
Drunk boater got free room and board for the night.

Instigator28
08-05-2002, 12:27 PM
What does it mean to be "swamped."

Chestah Cheetah
08-05-2002, 12:31 PM
Boatcop:
Drunk boater got free room and board for the night.Just out of curiosity, what were you guys serving that night? Breakfast included?
Just glad to hear nobody was killed!

Chestah Cheetah
08-05-2002, 12:32 PM
Instigator28, did the wife have the baby this weekend?

78Eliminator
08-05-2002, 12:38 PM
Boatcop:
Don't have the full report yet, but from what I understand, a boat swamped and sunk. No injuries.
Drunk boater got free room and board for the night.Nothing "free" about that. That's about $2500 for a night in a concrete and stainless steel bungalo.

Instigator28
08-05-2002, 12:44 PM
Chestah Cheetah:
Instigator28, did the wife have the baby this weekend?Nope, that little guy is still in there cooking. Poor kid is already grounded for making me unnecessarily miss the CC BBQ. It aint everyday that you have the opportunity to have to dig out a truck at 4:00 a.m. Oh well, something tells me that this won't be the last time that I will have the opportunity to see you do something nuts in the wee hours of the morning.

Chestah Cheetah
08-05-2002, 12:54 PM
Instigator28:
something tells me that this won't be the last time that I will have the opportunity to see you do something nuts in the wee hours of the morning.Like maybe go to sleep?

mbrown2
08-06-2002, 08:34 AM
We rolled up on that crash just after the boat floated and lodged against some rocks upside down. There were several folks in the water, and my buddy in another boat picked one of them up who was floating down river. It appeared a couple of the occupants were intoxicated, and the person that was picked did not even know what happened. They eventually put bags under it and lifted it to get the water out;then towed it to the ramp. Tough area to sank as the current was pretty strong in gasoline alley that afternoon. Did not appear anyone was hurt though at least from the sinking.