PDA

View Full Version : laughlin was great for fifteen minutes,nastys hurt real bad

nastyhabit
08-11-2002, 07:38 PM
the water was great the sky was blue and bang ding bang as the exhust valve broke off and took the piston with it i havent takin the head off yet but any one know of a good head rebuilder-- with alum-bow-tie heads the top of the piston looks like it lost the fight,10 hours of driving two days of sleeping on a rock hard bed at the ramada looking over the parking lot (what a view)for fifteen minutes in the water but had a great breakfast this morning so i guess the hole weekend wasent bad -o-ya had a flat on the trailer to. I gotta go find a razer blade---nasty

JetBoatRich
08-11-2002, 07:48 PM
I can't figure out if your pissed or not. Did you hit a slot machine or something?

INFINITEJJ
08-12-2002, 03:36 PM
http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment&image=Digi_562.JPG&img=&tt=.
http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment&image=Digi_561.JPG&img=&tt=.
http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment&image=Digi_559.JPG&img=&tt=.
When you get the heads yanked off it may look something like this. The same thing happened to me last year, except I had two (count em) TWO flat tires on the trailer. If you look hard at the piston you can see the vavle punched thru and stuck in it. Had a great time though, it happened on the last run of the weekend. Now it's running again after about $4500.00 And a butt load of beer. Good luck on yours.

Livin Large 27Hallett
08-12-2002, 03:41 PM
Don't feel bad, at one time or another we have all been there. I went to Havasu one weekend, was on the water for about five minutes when I floated a valve, it snapped off, and punched through the side of the cylinder wall. JetBoatRich now has the boat....

BBTAHITI
08-12-2002, 07:55 PM
Nasty,
You have an excellent engine builder real close to you that does MIRACLES with head repair. He has built my engines (at my dealers and for my own rides) for 15 years. Give him a call and see what he can do. Rick at Valley Engine in Fountain Valley 714-964-1344. Tell him Mike (with the 68 BB mustang) referred you.
***BEWARE***
He doesn't take any crap, and isn't exactly "PC", but he's GOOD and FAIR. When I find good people, I stick with them.
Let me know if I can help.
Mike

JetBoatRich
08-13-2002, 03:00 AM
Livin Large 27Hallett I can't complain the boat runs great and we are having a lot of fun. The engine you built is running strong and fast. Sandblasted has been in it and seen what it can do. eek! :D

Livin Large 27Hallett
08-13-2002, 09:29 AM
Glad to hear it Rich, So how have you been?
You been taking care of my old girl?
I had 12 years of pleasure with it and hope you and the family enjoy it as much as I did. :D :D

nastyhabit
08-13-2002, 06:26 PM
well so far a new set of alum merlin heads 1500.00 the bow-ties will rest in piece but its going back a little better ,roller moter this time--nasty