PDA

View Full Version : plstic wear ring?

signmaster
03-13-2006, 05:17 PM
has anyone ever heard of a plastic wear ring ? I had my pump redone last year and our local pump guy told me it should work great , but I was doing 84mph before and only 78mphhttp://www.***boat.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=14#
cry after, prblem is at the same time I added an eddie marine grate and added a place diverter. the boat still has bad cavitation off the line, this is on my 18 southwind berkily jg pump . Im in wisconsin anyone good nearby for performance pump work?

Squirtin Thunder
03-13-2006, 05:20 PM
PM me your # and I will call you.
Thanks
Jim

BigBlockBaja
03-13-2006, 06:30 PM
Duane at High tech has them...
http://hi-techperformance.com/
http://hi-techperformance.com/images/Inducer_DPS3162.jpg

wet77
03-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Located in central WI
Check your PM's :idea:

El Prosecutor
03-13-2006, 06:33 PM
They aren't plastic, they are specially treated polyurethane, and you can't run 'em on the trailer. Sheesh! How many times do I have to tell you guys!!! :p

signmaster
03-13-2006, 06:41 PM
actually the one he used was pvc .

El Prosecutor
03-13-2006, 06:45 PM
actually the one he used was pvc .
I was just funnin' ya - I am still a newb. I do seem to remember one our well respected colleagues getting a tad bent about the "ultimate wear ring" being called plastic though. I haven't heard about the PVC ones til now - must say I am skeptical though.

signmaster
03-13-2006, 06:47 PM
whats best for high horse power applications?

Jet Hydro
03-13-2006, 07:48 PM
ultimate wear ring!

Squirtin Thunder
03-13-2006, 08:02 PM
What do you concider high HP ???

signmaster
03-13-2006, 08:22 PM
I consider high horse power anything over 250hp only becuase all my other boats were slowwww.ha ha
Its got adout 650-700 according to my builder . my 18' sw minicruiser has gone 84mph so I think650hp is pretty close

Squirtin Thunder
03-13-2006, 08:31 PM
Hang on this will be interesting at least, Jack@MPD likes the stainless wear rings, Ron @ ATJ likes his bronze shoulderd wear ring, Duane @ HTP invented the Ultimate wear ring and strongly recomends it from 250hp - 3000hp. I will be installing an ultimate for my next race, so I can't coment on it just yet. In everyday jet drives CBR installs the ATJ shoulderd bronze wear ring, incase of thrust bearing failure it will protect the costly suction housing.

sleekcrafter
03-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Hang on this will be interesting at least,
In everyday jet drives CBR installs the ATJ shoulderd bronze wear ring, incase of thrust bearing failure it will protect the costly suction housing.
Is this a Berkeley approved part, used by a certified Berkeley pump builder? I like AMT componets my self, and prefer the shouldered wear ring also.

Squirtin Thunder
03-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Yep !!!
But even if it was not I would use it, it is a real good safegaurd.

TRG
03-13-2006, 10:17 PM
From what ive read on these here "fine" HB forums is that they are good if you DO NOT run in sandy or siltty climates, what are everyones views on that little tidbit of info?...or did i read wrong somewhere along lines in past posts?
Todd

sanger rat
03-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Is sand good for any wear ring?

TRG
03-13-2006, 10:29 PM
I would'nt think so!

TRG
03-13-2006, 10:30 PM
But then again,... all i know is to "MASH IT!"

shaun
03-13-2006, 10:34 PM
just search for ultimate wear ring and your find dozens of posts, just make sure you ignore any comments made by chet as he's a complete moron and only jumps on on posts regarding HTP and MPD to talk shit..
I bought a rebuild kit from duane at HTP (with the ultimate wear ring) but i have not yet put my project back together. I choose his kit for a few reasons but mainly for 2 of them. 1, duane posts on these forums and is always very professional and seams to really know his stuff and gives good information. 2, many people on here run his kit and recommended it and have run it for a long time with out problems.
If you read previous posts you'll find many people concerned about sand and this ring but at least from what i remember none of them used the kit or had any experience with it.
I guess we'll see :)

DEL51
03-13-2006, 11:50 PM
a few of my friends run the same pvc home made wear ring. One has a 700 hp 572, the other is a 600 hp 468. The pvc comes from a large tube and is cut and machined to size. It will not tolerate running dry. It may be junk, did you call Ken?

Jet Hydro
03-14-2006, 08:01 AM
The lake we test in and play in every weekend is very sandy. We have sand pit`s all around the area. With that said, Duane pulled my pump a-part right before winter to check it out for this new race season, he looked at me and said "every thing still looks NEW!" He put it all back together and handed me the new ware ring he was going to install and said "put that in your parts box because we don't need it!"
If it wasn't the best I wouldn't be using it!

signmaster
03-14-2006, 04:04 PM
del51 Im asuming you mean kady he set me up origanally I just never heard anyone else talk about these rings before so I thought I would check around. since he did it Ive had other problems unrelated so I havent got back to him yet.
he was very helpful for the most part but when I asked about blueprinting and such he said its not necesary Im told I could see 90mph with the right setup or is 79 /84 mph about it?
ps I heard shawano is not the place to go anymore cause of noise I was kinda looking foward to meeting someother local jets whats going on this summer

signmaster
03-14-2006, 04:07 PM
sounds like the ultimate is the way to go I think Im sold what about the grate whats a good start?

BigBlockBaja
03-14-2006, 04:17 PM
sounds like the ultimate is the way to go I think Im sold what about the grate whats a good start?
Very easy to install also...

SmokinLowriderSS
03-14-2006, 04:55 PM
The ultimate wear ring also takes the brunt of any sand damage, and, if not severely chewed up, is somewhat "self-healing" of the scoring.
I put a Pro-Loader in my Taylor/Berk "F" from HTP last winter. Definitely improved the loading, even from idle-stomp. 'Course, what it replaced was a circa 1979 angle-extrusion-modified grate/loader so almost anything would be better.

signmaster
03-14-2006, 05:01 PM
what does your modified grate lok like the one I bought from eddie marine last summer almost looks stock with two small chunks of angle welded to it

Squirtin Thunder
03-14-2006, 05:11 PM
what does your modified grate lok like the one I bought from eddie marine last summer almost looks stock with two small chunks of angle welded to it
That would be a sport loader.
http://www.cpperformance.com/images/620-103112.jpg

SmokinLowriderSS
03-14-2006, 05:55 PM
That would be a sport loader.
http://www.cpperformance.com/images/620-103112.jpg
That's it. Looks just like that. Works OK I guess, but not nearly as well as the dedicated loader I have now.
About 2/3 the way down the page.:
http://hi-techperformance.com/Parts.HTM

signmaster
03-14-2006, 06:15 PM
was there any speed gain with the new loader and how much difference off the line ? like I said earlier Ive got terrible cavitation out of the hole, until about 15mph I have to be lite on the throttle or it will just rev out .

Squirtin Thunder
03-14-2006, 06:45 PM
was there any speed gain with the new loader and how much difference off the line ? like I said earlier Ive got terrible cavitation out of the hole, until about 15mph I have to be lite on the throttle or it will just rev out .
I would concentrate on impeller design or way the impeller has been modified. There is also impeller placement that can cause problems.
Give me your # and I will call you.
Jim

wet77
03-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Sounds like major pump problem not the loader.

Cs19
03-14-2006, 10:37 PM
its amazing a plastic wear ring can withstand all the sand and grit you guys put through them when a bronze wear ring will be shot after a season on the lower colorado river.

canuck1
03-14-2006, 10:43 PM
its amazing a plastic wear ring can withstand all the sand and grit you guys put through them when a bronze wear ring will be shot after a season on the lower colorado river.
Shot???? Naaa.........just getting broken in

Jet Hydro
03-15-2006, 07:12 AM
Mine is 3 season old and if you saw the trash we raced in at OK City Okla. last year, you would really be amazed. I had so much trash block the intake that I subed it on the line one time.

Rondane
03-15-2006, 08:57 AM
I'd agree with this statement also. I've seen quite few of these plastic wear rings taken out in exchange for a bronze at dons shop. Seems to be the case at alot of the other shops too no?
jethydro do you go out of your way looking for sand when you race and when you boat? I've been reading how you run over sand bars, virtually use your pump as a trash pump, pour mud in the handhole cover before you boat with NO problems..is that a reason for that or are you just trying to make your sponsor happy? I just find that hard to believe and i've never heard anything like that. If you take a DA sander to plastic what happens? Last i knew you'd wear the plastic down to nothing, urathane or whatever kind of plastic you put to it. Especially with water, just like wetsanding a bumper cover. If this ring was so good, why wouldnt EVERYONE be using them? According to you, there a fool if they dont. I can see them lasting a short period but you make it seem like they are indestructible. Don wont have one in his shop and he's been doing it 30 years. I just find that odd. Then again, maybe he's not credible like timinator or something. Apples and oranges i guess with ZERO creditbility to back it up. :rolleyes: I was trying to get an honest answer on this before but didnt, so maybe this will clear it up.
rondane

Taylorman
03-15-2006, 09:42 AM
I'd agree with this statement also. I've seen quite few of these plastic wear rings taken out in exchange for a bronze at dons shop. Seems to be the case at alot of the other shops too no?
jethydro do you go out of your way looking for sand when you race and when you boat? I've been reading how you run over sand bars, virtually use your pump as a trash pump, pour mud in the handhole cover before you boat with NO problems..is that a reason for that or are you just trying to make your sponsor happy? I just find that hard to believe and i've never heard anything like that. If you take a DA sander to plastic what happens? Last i knew you'd wear the plastic down to nothing, urathane or whatever kind of plastic you put to it. Especially with water, just like wetsanding a bumper cover. If this ring was so good, why wouldnt EVERYONE be using them? According to you, there a fool if they dont. I can see them lasting a short period but you make it seem like they are indestructible. Don wont have one in his shop and he's been doing it 30 years. I just find that odd. Then again, maybe he's not credible like timinator or something. Apples and oranges i guess with ZERO creditbility to back it up. :rolleyes: I was trying to get an honest answer on this before but didnt, so maybe this will clear it up.
rondane
Heres an idea. Next time your buddy Don pulls on of those "Plastic Wear Rings" out of a boat, take it, put it around your neck attached to a rope and hang yourself with it so we don't have to hear your stupidity anymore.

Jet Hydro
03-15-2006, 11:04 AM
Never said that they were indestructible or Fool proof. You have to use your head like when you are using another ware ring.
I go out of my way looking for sandbars so I don't hit em. I have never hit one in the hydro but the SJ is another story and it also has the ultimate ware ring. Lets see here the SJ is not a sponsored boat so why would I use one in that boat???? Because "I" feel it`s the best one on the market.
Now why dont you post your other user name Chet???

DEL51
03-15-2006, 02:10 PM
del51 Im asuming you mean kady he set me up origanally I just never heard anyone else talk about these rings before so I thought I would check around. since he did it Ive had other problems unrelated so I havent got back to him yet.
he was very helpful for the most part but when I asked about blueprinting and such he said its not necesary Im told I could see 90mph with the right setup or is 79 /84 mph about it?
ps I heard shawano is not the place to go anymore cause of noise I was kinda looking foward to meeting someother local jets whats going on this summer
No Doubt regarding the water police. I went to thru transom headers in hopes of being in compliance. Maybe you know of an area we can go with the boats? Back to the pump stuff, I had my pump redone at mpd and set it back. I ordered a straight snoot with various wedges from Duane. I gained 9 mph. I need more tuning to reach full potential.

DEL51
03-15-2006, 02:21 PM
You do have to be careful, they are relatively cheap, that is their high point. Grease is applied the ring and it must be in the water during initial startup.They are inexpensive and maybe geared to guys that are more willing to do their own maintenance. Ken Kady is a local guy about 67 yrs old. He has been working with jets a long time. He is not a Big time pump man, but is very knowledeable. His boat is a custom craft and looks like a cal perf gullwing.It will run 106mph.

wet77
03-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Del51
might be a little drive but we had a blast last summer at castle rock flowage its part of the WI river.
Also I boat right at home on the WI river in Stevens Point with a bunch of other hot boaters no problem with noise here, got stopped by the local sherriff boat just to see if his kid could go for a ride :crossx:
All they said was boat safe and smart no hosen people with the rooster and have a good time :rollside:
Also Petenwell is a huge flowage on the river great for long runs :idea:

Squirtin Thunder
03-15-2006, 06:12 PM
Those things sure sound like a Panther deal.

signmaster
03-15-2006, 06:35 PM
I ran thru trans also but I moved them below the water line so far havnt been stopped. yeh I know ken he lives a couple miles down the road from me he's a great guy very eager to help I just didnt know if he was big on performanc pump work? wisconsin river sounds great I was going to trailer to the dells but somehow I dont think they like noise either not sure though . Id like to hook up and talk jets

SmokinLowriderSS
03-15-2006, 06:37 PM
rondane
Don't know why I would even bother posting an answer to this pile of keyboard diarhea, but here goes.
I run a lake boat, not a sponsored racer. The SAME Hi-Tech polyurethane wear ring has been in my boat for 16 years, since mid-summer 1989. It's a tight fit, I have no cavitation problems, on acceleration or flat out. One thing the Ultimate Wear Ring is NOT is "cheap" . Try $120 ballpark, yes, that's no typo, One Hundred Twenty Dollars aproximately.
You ever sanded Polyurethane? I guess not. It's not like plastic. It's not only hard, it's tough. A little comes off, and it clogs your sanding media, and, untill you get a lot of it off, it seems to swell up to refill what you sanded. It's mean stuff, not anything like Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC). Your plastic bumpers these daysd aren't PU, they are usually ABS, which sands EVEN EASIER. I've sanded ABS, sanded PVC & CPVC, fibreglass resin is harder than ABS, AND harder to sand than PVC. They are nothing like polyurethane.
If Don doesn't like them, fine. One opinion (or even a dozen) doesn't make a popular and sucessful item a piece of trash (note, your post is neither popular nor sucessful, just idiotic).
Ronco, you really ought to test a post out on someone who isn't an idiot before you decide to post it and look like one yourself. Just a little helpful advice. Maybe everyone who isn't running an UWR IS a fool. You are the resident expert on fools, you tell us, you are better qualified to determine "fool" status fool.

signmaster
03-15-2006, 06:53 PM
the ultimate sounds tempting. the amount of help Ive gotten from this site is immeasurable very appreciated thanks

SmokinLowriderSS
03-15-2006, 07:18 PM
I don't know if the Ultimate Wear Ring is the best thing since sliced bread or not. I DO know that it has worked flawlessly for me for a long time, and a new one will be going in in 2 weeks when I rebuild my Berk for the bronze impeller going in then. My acceleration & pulling abulity are most important to me as I spend most of my running time pulling either a tube or a skiier.
You're welcome. Most of the folks on here try hard to be helpful, or just smartass/funny. :p :p

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Heres an idea. Next time your buddy Don pulls on of those "Plastic Wear Rings" out of a boat, take it, put it around your neck attached to a rope and hang yourself with it so we don't have to hear your stupidity anymore.
OMG!!!! That has to be the funnies thing I've yet read!!! :2purples: :2purples: :eek: :2purples: :eek: Taylorman, you have my stomache hurting from laughing so hard.............

Mighty Thor
03-15-2006, 09:47 PM
I dont have an ultimate wear ring. But I know a little about the wear characteristics of Polyurathane plastic. First, rollerblade, rollerskate and skateboard wheels. They run on grit, rocks, concrete, you name it. And yeah, they do wear out but they are tough and it takes a lot of abuse to go through a set of wheels.
Second, chain tensioners on motorcyles and farm equipment. You got dirt, gunk, and friction rubbing on a plastic block. They run for years without needing to be replaced. I don't know how much sand you would have to run through a wear ring to cause damage, but I imagine it would take a hell of a lot to make much of a difference. I mean, it aint like you are rubbing with pressure like some one suggested with sand paper. A grain of sand would flow across the surface in a hurry with that much water flow.

SmokinLowriderSS
03-16-2006, 03:45 AM
Figured I'd go re-read your post Ronco, since you want to PM me crap about mine.
Since you agree that it is pretty amazing the non-metal wear rings take a lot of abuse and work, yet at the same time, you want to slam them as trash-can liner. Makes a lot of sense.
jethydro do you go out of your way looking for sand when you race and when you boat? I've been reading how you run over sand bars, virtually use your pump as a trash pump, pour mud in the handhole cover before you boat with NO problems..is that a reason for that or are you just trying to make your sponsor happy?
Yep, There's a question. I wonder just when the last time JH deliberately shoveled mud into his pump before a race was? Use the search function & find us the thread Ronco. If that makes my jet faster, I wanna know about it.
I just find that hard to believe and i've never heard anything like that. If you take a DA sander to plastic what happens? Last i knew you'd wear the plastic down to nothing, urathane or whatever kind of plastic you put to it.
You need to update "the last thing you knew". Try sanding a car tire sometime, it's a RUBBER compound, and damned hard to abrade. Polyurethane is a RUBBER compound, and damn tough. Sand it sometime. Even better, wet-sand it sometime.
Especially with water, just like wetsanding a bumper cover.
Under a great many conditions water acts as a lubricant, especially in the case of getting it, under pressure between 2 smooth moving surfaces. Physics bites ya in the backside here Ronco. You must stick like glue to a wet floor, don't ya.
If this ring was so good, why wouldnt EVERYONE be using them? According to you, there a fool if they dont. I can see them lasting a short period but you make it seem like they are indestructible.
There are a lot of people using them, there are also a lot of people sticking with bronze or steel. Every one of them have their reasons. Some are the conditions they run in, the setups they run, their own success history, the crap they read on a message board, or the $$$ price since the UWR is far more expensive than any other ring I know of out there. Strangely enough, what I do NOT see is a plethora of people saying "I used it as reccomended, and it was junk". What IS out there is folks who have used it and are happy with it's performance, and folks who have not and are happy with their prefered ring's performance. Just because everyone in the whole wide world isn't running it doesn't make it junk. To follow your analogy, since everyone in the boating world isn't driving a wake-board boat, they must be junk. :rolleyes:
Don wont have one in his shop and he's been doing it 30 years.
Fine, good for Don. The point is? :cool:
I just find that odd. Then again, maybe he's not credible like timinator or something.
Well, of course not. No slam to Timminator as I have nothing good or bad to say about him as I do not know/have never dealt with him but apparently, from the recent spate if his "supporters" on here, NOBODY has any cred here except Timminator.
I guess now that Dount-boy is gone, we can quit listening to Timminator and listen only to Don. Sorry Timminator, you've been replaced.
Apples and oranges i guess with ZERO creditbility to back it up. :rolleyes:
You're getting pretty close to zero credibility, yep. :skull:
I was trying to get an honest answer on this before but didnt, so maybe this will clear it up.
rondane
Sure, clear as the pond-slime on my lagoon. :rolleyes:
And from my Pvts:
Funny how NO ONE aside from customers respond to the post...why is that? You so ****in smart so tell me mr pvc!
Well, I would assume that someone selling something would reccomend exacly what they sell. Call a pizza place sometime and ask them what they reccomend for dinner. :idea: I'll guarantee they don't reccomend KFC. All the pump shops will reccomend exactly what they sell ( I would hope) because they think what they offer is the best thing available. It's called "Comon Sense" Ronco, and it is slowly dying in this country, obviously faster in your area. A customer will tell of good AND BAD experiences they had. A salesman will forget to tell you of the bad ones they know of in order to sell you on their wares. :rolleyes: When's Don gonna give us his opinion directly?
Obviously your signature line speaks volumes.
I mean for it to.
Do you scoff at everyone who doesnt use the shit you use?
No, find me doing it and call me out on it if ya dare, but I do scoff at people who post crap like this who have shown to be deserving my distain.
I'm still LOOKING for the truth you posted.

DEL51
03-16-2006, 04:46 AM
Del51
might be a little drive but we had a blast last summer at castle rock flowage its part of the WI river.
Also I boat right at home on the WI river in Stevens Point with a bunch of other hot boaters no problem with noise here, got stopped by the local sherriff boat just to see if his kid could go for a ride :crossx:
All they said was boat safe and smart no hosen people with the rooster and have a good time :rollside:
Also Petenwell is a huge flowage on the river great for long runs :idea: About 10 boats from our group went to Nekoosa for some boating on the river,last summer. Had a fun time. We went to the races at marshfield after.We should get together.

wet77
03-16-2006, 06:50 AM
About 10 boats from our group went to Nekoosa for some boating on the river,last summer. Had a fun time. We went to the races at marshfield after.We should get together.
June 17th Bahamahs is having there beach party and they just put in new docks :crossx:
you can also beach across from the place where they set up a volley ball net and a band on a barge :crossx:
Cant wait for spring break and all the college girls coming back to town :220v:

460 jus getn it
03-16-2006, 08:34 AM
Heres an idea. Next time your buddy Don pulls on of those "Plastic Wear Rings" out of a boat, take it, put it around your neck attached to a rope and hang yourself with it so we don't have to hear your stupidity anymore.AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH hahahahahahahahaha. thats is the funniest shit i have heard in a long time......BLAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Taylorman
03-16-2006, 09:05 AM
460 love your avatar.

signmaster
03-16-2006, 03:57 PM
sounds great :rollside: as summer gets closer Ill pm you gus and we'll hook up

Unchained
03-16-2006, 05:54 PM
What a coincidence, a discussion about wear rings and I just took my impeller out to inspect it and the wear ring.
I put one of the HTP wear rings in last spring after the previous bronze/nylon setup was extruding the nylon out the front of the impeller from the 380# of bowl pressure I was getting.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/220HTPwearring.jpg
The wear ring looks as good as the stainless impeller does after a season and 40+ hrs. You can tell some grit has gone through it but it appears to be the same dimensions as original.
The front edge of the impeller measured .025 from the wear ring same as when
I installed it. There's no sign of any contact there so I'm going to remove a shim and move the impeller forward a little.

HammerDown
03-17-2006, 05:12 AM
There's no sign of any contact there so I'm going to remove a shim and move the impeller forward a little.
Don't take to much out unless you know that Thrust bearing!
I've had a brand new Thrust Bearing with all kinds of play in it. Couldn't tell until it tore up a new wear ring and Impeller! Took out the "new" thrust bearing and put it on a simple arm press with a dial indicator >with just the weight of my arm showed significant load play in the bearing. And YES the Imp was checked/trued on the shaft prior so no tight spots.
Got a new bearing from Tom Papp...I tested it first (good). Usually go for .018-.020 and call it a day.

Rondane
03-17-2006, 07:51 AM
You need to update "the last thing you knew". Try sanding a car tire sometime, it's a RUBBER compound, and damned hard to abrade. Polyurethane is a RUBBER compound, and damn tough. Sand it sometime. Even better, wet-sand it sometime.
Under a great many conditions water acts as a lubricant, especially in the case of getting it, under pressure between 2 smooth moving surfaces. Physics bites ya in the backside here Ronco. You must stick like glue to a wet floor, don't ya.
Finally a decent picture of one of these in use, here you go with your physics smokinpole...care to explain the excess amount of scratches on the wear ring and stainless impeller?? Got to be .002 to maybe .005 there after 40 hours....imagine after 300 hours? Kinda looks like an example of wetsanding no?...... Just wondering what your thoughts were? Whats your ring look like after 16 years and #### hours??? Are you even going to know? :idea:
There are a lot of people using them, there are also a lot of people sticking with bronze or steel. Every one of them have their reasons. Some are the conditions they run in, the setups they run, their own success history, the crap they read on a message board, or the $$$ price since the UWR is far more expensive than any other ring I know of out there. Strangely enough, what I do NOT see is a plethora of people saying "I used it as reccomended, and it was junk". What IS out there is folks who have used it and are happy with it's performance, and folks who have not and are happy with their prefered ring's performance. Just because everyone in the whole wide world isn't running it doesn't make it junk.
Just to clarify all your word twisting....where did i say ANYTHING was junk? Were did i say "don takes them out and puts something else there"???? All i said was he doesnt use them, he doesnt take them out on purpose!.All the pumps i ever saw or that come out of there dont have one is all i said. (Oh btw, he's not the only jet shop in ohio. Jet connection is around here also but i suppose you've never heard of them? :D) If they had one going in to his shop they dont have one coming out. If you want to "imply" THAT statement go ahead. Whether they were brand new after 16 years(like in your case) and even " mud, muck and sandbar" tested like with hydroman or not, they were replaced. Kinda like his inducer, ALOT of guys use them and he pushes them in everything from a fish boat to a racer. Gotta market what you sell right? Strange thing is there are ALOT more inducers for instance all over the USA than wear rings. Seems they "caught" on? :idea: So you tell me? Quit the word twistin too!
All the pump shops will reccomend exactly what they sell ( I would hope) because they think what they offer is the best thing available. It's called "Comon Sense" Ronco, and it is slowly dying in this country, obviously faster in your area. A customer will tell of good AND BAD experiences they had. A salesman will forget to tell you of the bad ones they know of in order to sell you on their wares. :rolleyes:
I'm still LOOKING for the truth you posted.
The truth is alot of people(like you) just stick with one thing and never know whats on the other side of the fence. I like to be more open minded(unlike you, common sense?) and not stick with "he wont do me wrong" kinda attitude. Seems as though all the "customers" on here seem to be more sponsored than anything else so their opinion is not really credible. How can someone find an honest answer when all you get is negativity and "how can you say such a thing" wordtwisting BS when you have doubts or questions??? A little birdie told me other day to order a rebuild kit from there and specifically request an bronze ring.... says the guy gets all mad and offers to include an UWR for free for you to try if you say no thanks. Sounds like a deal to me. Seems odd with the track record this piece has and quality people such as yourself to back it up that would have to be done? If that doesnt put a doubt in your mind, what will?
It will be interesting what you have to say....now none of your mindless bable about the cock ring thing again okay. Just keep it simple. cockrings...lol.... Must be a smokinpole thing.
rondane

Cs19
03-17-2006, 08:08 AM
ted, take easy dude. you get worked up way too easy. its just a wear ring.

460 jus getn it
03-17-2006, 08:27 AM
460 love your avatar.thanks man...............

Taylorman
03-17-2006, 08:43 AM
I guess he hasn't taken my advice.
How can you tell by a picture how deep the scratches are?
You need to keep up with your lies man. Your contradicting yourself. Also, were is spelt where dipshit.
Just to clarify all your word twisting....where did i say ANYTHING was junk? Were did i say "don takes them out and puts something else there"???? All i said was he doesnt use them, he doesnt take them out on purpose!.All the pumps i ever saw or that come out of there dont have one is all i said. (Oh btw, he's not the only jet shop in ohio. Jet connection is around here also but i suppose you've never heard of them? :D) If they had one going in to his shop they dont have one coming out. If you want to "imply" THAT statement go ahead. Whether they were brand new after 16 years(like in your case) and even " mud, muck and sandbar" tested like with hydroman or not, they were replaced. Kinda like his inducer, ALOT of guys use them and he pushes them in everything from a fish boat to a racer. Gotta market what you sell right? Strange thing is there are ALOT more inducers for instance all over the USA than wear rings. Seems they "caught" on? :idea: So you tell me? Quit the word twistin too!
How about in post 35.

Duane HTP
03-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Rondane, (CHET), glad to see you back advertisinjg for me again. Thanks for the ink. Duane HTP

Taylorman
03-17-2006, 12:51 PM
Rondane, (CHET), glad to see you back advertisinjg for me again. Thanks for the ink. Duane HTP
Great exposure for your products Duane. I'll take one.

Jet Hydro
03-17-2006, 12:56 PM
If you scratch a rubber bumper with sand paper the plastic will be higher where you sanded because it doesn't sand off like metal, bondo and or paint. It cuts and leaves strands of fiber behind ((fuzzy stuff)) causing a high spot. I should know as I`v been doing body work for over 25 years.
Now with that said; if you take sand paper to an UWR you`d find the same thing. Thus meaning you`d tighten the clearances so to speak. Now I`m not saying that you should go grab some 80 grit and work over a UWR ! It`s kinda a self healing ware ring to some extent. I can go out to the trash and dig out a bumper and sand it with some 80 or 36 grit, then prime it and show you all the high spots it causes if you`d like Rogain?
I run my inpeller tighter then most people do because it will cut a grove in the sholder making it a better seal. Now, once again, I`m not saying anyone should try this!!!!!!!
Chet/Ted STFU you ASS HOLE till you can own-up and print your name http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/noncgi/smiles/321.gifhttp://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/noncgi/smiles/flipa.gif

signmaster
03-17-2006, 05:54 PM
ok! ok!ok! I promise Ill use an ultimate wear ring :argue: or wait maybe I shouldnt , :cry: all so confusing , what to do , haha, ok Im sold deffinatly gettin one, jeeesch talk about pressure :) seriously it sounds like it should work pretty good ,I think I agree urethane should wear better than pvc I have now thanks for all the advice the pros an cons definatly help

TexasJet
03-18-2006, 08:52 AM
ok! ok!ok! I promise Ill use an ultimate wear ring :argue: or wait maybe I shouldnt , :cry: all so confusing , what to do , haha, ok Im sold deffinatly gettin one, jeeesch talk about pressure :) seriously it sounds like it should work pretty good ,I think I agree urethane should wear better than pvc I have now thanks for all the advice the pros an cons definatly help
If you do the excact opposite of what Rondane, aka Chet, says you should be happy. By the way I also have the UWR in my jet. I am a HTP cheerleader based on my past dealings with Duane and Brian.

SmokinLowriderSS
03-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Oh oh TexasJet, you're gonna be next on Ronco's hate-mail list. :crossx: LOL

BigBlockBaja
03-18-2006, 12:05 PM
I am a HTP cheerleader based on my past dealings with Duane and Brian.
Duane is a great person to do buisness with. I placed an order with him and was very happy with the support and service.
What about an impellor made outa the same material as the UWR? :idea:

sanger rat
03-18-2006, 01:28 PM
I'm sure it would break really easy. The UWR rocks!

SmokinLowriderSS
03-18-2006, 01:40 PM
What about an impellor made outa the same material as the UWR? :idea:
Since they have composite ?ropelors these days, I suppose it could be possible, but not Urethane I don't think. I don't think it would be nearly stiff enough. Carbon-fibre based composite might take something like 300HP maybe, IF you kept it fully loaded all the time. A single unload and hard reload might just explode the thing. CF is some strong stuff, but it has a brittleness that just gives no warning. I guess it wouldn't tear a bowl off along with it tho. :220v:

Rondane
03-19-2006, 09:08 AM
First is ROGAINE, then greatdane, next it's wittorondane with his "muscles flexin" and then out of nowhere there is a big cut and past speal about maggots, nincompoops along with being asinine and benighted along the way. Then after all that its assumed i'm some big fat slob because i install cable for a living in my hometown of mansfield which is considered the "hood" because some guy broke down here and i didnt help him.
This might be something i would drive http://i17.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/86/09/5c_12.JPG
since i defended a guy who has a boat like it and then get names like Timm cheerleader,ted,some racer, NJBA donut club affiliate, chet and ronco along the way.
To top is all off i get thanked after it's all said and done for all the supposed "negative" publicity from the maker for asking questions about a stupid thing like a wear ring and if i "ultimately" dont like one... i should promply go to dons shop, grab an old one out of the trash and go hang myself with it because i mentioned he doesn't use them. How bizzare is that??
All the while mr. smokinpolerider and everyone else it seems.... totally avoids my question about the pic above. Is this how it is around here? I worked a double shift making a living best i know how for my family the last few days and i come to read this? Man i thought cabin fever was only where there's snow? We gets snow here and i dont know anyone who quite acts like you people. Is this what you guys do entertaining yourselves when an outsider comes in and questions the "city hall" of justjets? :yuk: Some informational site this is, do what your told,buy it first ask questions later and if you MIGHT have any questions that imply anything REMOTELY negative, just STFU and go away we dont want to hear it. I just dont get you people????? :yuk:

SmokinLowriderSS
03-19-2006, 10:11 AM
First is ROGAINE, then greatdane, next it's wittorondane with his "muscles flexin" and then out of nowhere there is a big cut and past speal about maggots, nincompoops along with being asinine and benighted along the way. Then after all that its assumed i'm some big fat slob because i install cable for a living in my hometown of mansfield which is considered the "hood" because some guy broke down here and i didnt help him.
This might be something i would drive http://i17.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/86/09/5c_12.JPG
since i defended a guy who has a boat like it and then get names like Timm cheerleader,ted,some racer, NJBA donut club affiliate, chet and ronco along the way.
To top is all off i get thanked after it's all said and done for all the supposed "negative" publicity from the maker for asking questions about a stupid thing like a wear ring and if i "ultimately" dont like one... i should promply go to dons shop, grab an old one out of the trash and go hang myself with it because i mentioned he doesn't use them. How bizzare is that??
All the while mr. smokinpolerider and everyone else it seems.... totally avoids my question about the pic above. Is this how it is around here? I worked a double shift making a living best i know how for my family the last few days and i come to read this? Man i thought cabin fever was only where there's snow? We gets snow here and i dont know anyone who quite acts like you people. Is this what you guys do entertaining yourselves when an outsider comes in and questions the "city hall" of justjets? :yuk: Some informational site this is, do what your told,buy it first ask questions later and if you MIGHT have any questions that imply anything REMOTELY negative, just STFU and go away we dont want to hear it. I just dont get you people????? :yuk:
Speaking of asanine............................... :rolleyes:

SmokinLowriderSS
03-19-2006, 10:19 AM
So as to not hijack the thread, Ronco's history will be appearing shortly in his BR thread, with particular attention paid to UWR's, HTP, 396, and ST.

steelcomp
03-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Maybe it's the ATTITUDE that you immediately came on here with, and contiunue with, do ya think? You're a smartass in every one of your responses. Some of these guys have been on this site for years talking and interacting with eachother, developing friendships, learning and sharing. You show up and within a couple of posts start in with the sarcasm. You've been bringing this upon yourself 100%, and you're right...you just don't get it. Are we all making this up? Do you thing everyone just decided to start picking on you for no reason? Of course they did. :rolleyes:
You have NO credibility.
You have NO experience that you've been willing to prove.
You talk like you know everything, and everyone else is stupid, especially if they disagree with you.
You've talked shit to people here who you know nothing about, and put down their experience and background (and you couldn't be more wrong) when you have NONE of your own.
You've aligned yourself with others here who were clearly here to cause trouble, or otherwise be controversial and adversarial in their posting.
You're insulting.
You're sarcastic.
You're typically misinformed, or only know part of what you're talking about.
You've been asked many questions by several of us to show us your boat, tell us your experience, or give us any reason why your word is something worth listening to, and you've done very well in avoiding those questions and instead, sticking with the drama and BS.
Why is that? (another question you won't answer)
Almost every thread you post in turns to shit and ends up in some kind of drama. Why is that? Coincidense?
Oh, that's right....we just don't get it, and you're always getting picked on. We are the ones at fault, here. At least according to you. :rolleyes:
You clearly don't care, or show any desire to "get along" and be a part of this community. People don't like you for a reason, but there's the point. They don't like you.
How hard is it for you to understand that this is by your own doing?
There's an old saying that I like, and it goes like this:
"Don't start no shit, and there won't be no shit".
You've been called names, insulted about your job, compared to other troublemakers, etc, because you bring it upon yourself by the things you've said, and the way you've said it. You've done as much name calling and insulting as you've recieved, and you've usually started it.
Hell, you have an entire thread devoted to what an ass you are!
Now you complain "wah wah wah" about all this terrible treatment you're getting. :cry: :cry: :cry:
So I ask you, Rondane,
WTF do you expect?

Ken F
03-19-2006, 12:27 PM
You nailed it to a "T" Steelcomp. Thanks. Great post
Ken f

SmokinLowriderSS
03-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Bullseye Steelcomp. :cool:

HammerDown
03-20-2006, 04:38 AM
And the :argue: stops here...