PDA

View Full Version : Service Center: Mercury

bear down
06-18-2003, 03:26 PM
I have a friend who's been having problems with his Mercury Motor for the past year. He wants to take his boat for a 2nd opinion. He needs someone who is reputable, fast and knows Mercury Engines and rigging. He is willing to pay for the diagnostic up front because he feels the problem is not with the motor but with the rigging or the boat. Just to give you a bit more info. It's the 3rd engine in the past year and it happens to be the same problem every time and now they are trying to lay the blame on him as to "User error" or abuse. Any recommendations would help. Thanks

boatnam2
06-18-2003, 03:32 PM
quality performance marine in corona.

hot_diggity_dog
06-18-2003, 03:34 PM
I have a friend who's been having problems with his Mercury Motor for the past year. He wants to take his boat for a 2nd opinion. He needs someone who is reputable, fast and knows Mercury Engines and rigging. He is willing to pay for the diagnostic up front because he feels the problem is not with the motor but with the rigging or the boat. Just to give you a bit more info. It's the 3rd engine in the past year and it happens to be the same problem every time and now they are trying to lay the blame on him as to "User error" or abuse. Any recommendations would help. Thanks 1st it's Mercury as in Wacker not Mercruiser?
If so talk to Zummer on the boards he works over at Lakeland Marine (Certified Mercury repair shop)
HDD :cool:

bear down
06-18-2003, 03:39 PM
1st it's Mercury as in Wacker not Mercruiser?
If so talk to Zummer on the boards he works over at Lakeland Marine (Certified Mercury repair shop)
HDD :cool: [/QB][/QUOTE]
Ooppsss...Mercruiser...I will PM Zummer....Thanks for the heads up....

little rowe boat
06-18-2003, 03:48 PM
Try Elite Marine in riverside,they might be able to help. argue

HavasuBarney
06-18-2003, 04:10 PM
Lakeland Marine, they are the outboard guys! :)
The only place my motors will ever go!

hot_diggity_dog
06-18-2003, 04:15 PM
Lakeland Marine, they are the outboard guys! The only place my motors will ever go!
Barney gave you the answers to the test :rolleyes: now don't get a c- eek!
Barney are we going to se you this weekend at the OP6???
HDD :cool:

HavasuBarney
06-18-2003, 04:43 PM
Yes I'll be there. Looks like the rest of my crew will not be in attendance so I ride alone this weekend. :)
I think I'm hooking up with a few other boats Satuday AM, then rolling up. Looking forward to it. :)
This time, we'll have to sit down for a cold one together!

hot_diggity_dog
06-18-2003, 05:14 PM
Yes I'll be there. Looks like the rest of my crew will not be in attendance so I ride alone this weekend.
I think I'm hooking up with a few other boats Satuday AM, then rolling up. Looking forward to it.
This time, we'll have to sit down for a cold one together!
Cool HB, it's going to be crowded but lets tip a cold one for sure.
:D :D HDD :cool: