PDA

View Full Version : Elsinore this weekend

cyclone
10-04-2002, 02:18 PM
MikeF--i lost your phone number so i cant call you but i'm going to do some testing at Elsinore this weekend. Give me a call and let met know if you want to come out.

Boater Bill
10-04-2002, 04:29 PM
Was out there this aft testing my bud's new engine. Saw flat broke, 78Eliminator, and Mike F testing.
BTW our testing didn't go well :( but we didn't need a tow...we walked it in. :D

MikeF
10-04-2002, 05:18 PM
Walked it in :D . Good to meet you BoaterBill! Hope it wasn't anything costly. It's always the little things wink .
Good to meet you too Chris! That turbo setup looks as though it was put together well. I know once you get the oil temp issues worked out it will hold together just fine!
Flat Broke forced his GPS on me and I had to drive around w/ it for awhile. I can't say that I was dissapointed but I thought it would go a little faster :p (it was a record holding hull). I ended up w/ a 82 mph top speed on a run where the pump stayed loaded. The lake was not completely flat, but it was a good run. I think I can make some adj to bring it up a little (probley w/ Jack's help wink ).
Justin showed up too to replace the bunks on his trailer and put a little more air through the tunnels in his boat. He's ready for the RD party! :D Drive safe 78!
Cyclone, I was supposed to go to the high desert this weekend. I'll call you if plans change.
:cool:
[ October 04, 2002, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: MikeF ]

cyclone
10-07-2002, 08:24 AM
Todd and I came out saturday morning and nothing broke, so i'd say testing was successful. lol

shockwavebd
10-08-2002, 11:28 AM
we will be there early sunday to test my buddys 25 with 500 HP EFI to dail in with some props
blue flames ..............Barry wink
gota be out of there by 9:ooam work calls wink

RiverToysJas
10-08-2002, 11:45 AM
Is there enough water for a 25' I/O to get out of the marina w/o damage???
I heard 78 Elim dinged his BOTTOM on the way out!!!
Thanks!
RTJas :D
[ October 08, 2002, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: RiverToysJas ]

shockwavebd
10-08-2002, 11:48 AM
RiverToysJas:
I heard 78 Elim Binged his BOTTOM on the way out!!!
Thanks!
RTJas :D Yea it's ok just( FOLLOW )the markers and trim up
........Barry wink
And buy the way your boats lookin wayyyyyyyyyy cool .Hope to see it wet soon
[ October 08, 2002, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: shockwavebd ]

RiverToysJas
10-08-2002, 11:57 AM
Thanks Berry! Yours isn't looking good too. We'll have to met up after a certain someone gets his boat on the water.
I don't know about Elsinore though, I'd hate to kill a prop on my first run out! I do have a depth gauge though.....
RTJas.

78Eliminator
10-08-2002, 11:57 AM
shockwavebd:
RiverToysJas:
Thanks!
........Barry wink
And buy the way your boats lookin wayyyyyyyyyy cool .Hope to see it wet soonSorry, but that's bullshit. I was in a 19' daytona which would float in a puddle and it sucked up rocks and even hit a boulder when I was dead center in between the red and green leaving the docks. Don't go there, go to san vicente if you value your boat. I am so ****ing pissed about that. The one thing that was perfect about my boat, which was the pump, is now ruined.

RiverToysJas
10-08-2002, 12:00 PM
78Eliminator:
Sorry, but that's bullshit. I was in a 19' daytona which would float in a puddle and it sucked up rocks and even hit a boulder when I was dead center in between the red and green leaving the docks.....I thought I remembered that story right, thanks for backing me up.
RTJas :D

78Eliminator
10-08-2002, 12:07 PM
RiverToysJas:
[QUOTE]I thought I remembered that story right, thanks for backing me up.
RTJas :D No prob RTJ :D

Elsinore Cop
10-08-2002, 12:42 PM
You should seriously consider using the launch ramp at the Lake Elsinore Campground (old state park), which is closer to the Jack-in-the-Box. The launch ramp there is good and there is 7 to 8 feet of water all the way out. Elsinore West is getting pretty low.

78Eliminator
10-08-2002, 12:45 PM
Elsinore Cop:
You should seriously consider using the launch ramp at the Lake Elsinore Campground (old state park), which is closer to the Jack-in-the-Box. The launch ramp there is good and there is 7 to 8 feet of water all the way out. Elsinore West is getting pretty low.Yeah, too late now. Boat is ruined.

MikeF
10-08-2002, 12:52 PM
78, What's the extent of the damage? The boat looked like it was movin when you were out there.

78Eliminator
10-08-2002, 12:55 PM
MikeF:
78, What's the extent of the damage? The boat looked like it was movin when you were out there.When I got home I took a peek up the intake and there was a rock the size of a plum wedged in between two of the impeller blades. The leading edges of all the blades are mangled and twisted. The pump doesn't even want to load cause it's churning a bunch of bubbles instead.....
Theres a huge gouge going all the way down my hull down to my ride plate, and the expesive, racing grate is mangled as well.

MikeF
10-08-2002, 01:02 PM
SHIIIT! :mad: , That happened when you were on your way in then? :confused: I take it that it had a aluminum impeller?
Did the rock grind all the way through the gel coat on the bottom?

boatnam2
10-08-2002, 01:13 PM
i would not launch anywhere but west marina and even that has you wondering.you probaly dont need to hear that now though.sorry about the damage.

shockwavebd
10-08-2002, 02:05 PM
78Eliminator:
shockwavebd:
RiverToysJas:
Thanks!
........Barry wink
And buy the way your boats lookin wayyyyyyyyyy cool .Hope to see it wet soonSorry, but that's bullshit. I was in a 19' daytona which would float in a puddle and it sucked up rocks and even hit a boulder when I was dead center in between the red and green leaving the docks. Don't go there, go to san vicente if you value your boat. I am so ****ing pissed about that. The one thing that was perfect about my boat, which was the pump, is now ruined.very sorry to here that, we use it all the time was ther this moring nothing bad happened(knock on wood) better safe then sorry !
maybe I got my lanuch ramps mixed up? my depth gage never went lower than 3 feet

shockwavebd
10-08-2002, 02:12 PM
shockwavebd:
78Eliminator:
shockwavebd:
RiverToysJas:
Thanks!
........Barry wink
And buy the way your boats lookin wayyyyyyyyyy cool .Hope to see it wet soonSorry, but that's bullshit. I was in a 19' daytona which would float in a puddle and it sucked up rocks and even hit a boulder when I was dead center in between the red and green leaving the docks. Don't go there, go to san vicente if you value your boat. I am so ****ing pissed about that. The one thing that was perfect about my boat, which was the pump, is now ruined.very sorry to here that, we use it all the time was ther this moring nothing bad happened(knock on wood) better safe then sorry !
maybe I got my lanuch ramps mixed up? my depth gage never went lower than 3 feetmaybe we better rethink sunday and find some place new :confused: :confused:

HM
10-08-2002, 02:58 PM
I am not sure what 78Elim hit, but I go out every saturday morning out of Elsinore West in my buddies 22 Direct Drive Tige and have not hit. You need to stay between the buoys ALL the way in and out - there is a channel.
Lake Elsinore Camp ground has a deeper channel, like Elsinore Cop said - he should know, he runs the water dog unit.
I think 78Elimator has some carma from his past plaguing him!

HotHallet
10-08-2002, 03:04 PM
Justin- Sorry about the damage. Atleast it happened at the tail end of the season and you have all winter to get it handled.

78Eliminator
10-08-2002, 03:20 PM
HotHallet:
Justin- Sorry about the damage. Atleast it happened at the tail end of the season and you have all winter to get it handled.Just another excuse to dial in the boat a little more :)

68 hallett
10-08-2002, 06:01 PM
I intend to take mine out either sat. or sunday for a little testing. I plan on useing the ramp at the camp ground

core attitude
10-08-2002, 06:57 PM
I've never been to the camp ground, is it possible to launch by yourself from that ramp?
Pete

flat broke
10-09-2002, 08:25 AM
Justin,
Sorry to hear about you rock run in. On the bright side, things can always be set up better than before. Maybe this is an opportunity to pick up a little more speed over the winter. If you need a new ride plate to replace your gouged unit (if the gouge is that bad) let me know. I can bang that out for you in a heartbeat. As for the pump. Time for some magic... 949-631-2040. MPD (http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/)
Good luck to ya bud,
Chris

BK
10-09-2002, 08:38 AM
core attitude:
I've never been to the camp ground, is it possible to launch by yourself from that ramp?
PeteYeah, you can just leave your boat on the beach right next to the launch ramp while you park.

HM
10-09-2002, 08:58 AM
The Lake Elsinore Recreational use Area (the camp ground not to be confused with Elsinore Marina) has a very nice wide ramp. The bonus with this facility is that they do not nail you for extra passengers like Elsinore Marina does.
You can launch by your self as they do have a decent dock - but you do need your own fenders.

***boater#1
10-14-2002, 01:45 PM
plus the girl at elsinore marina is a total witch lol she doesnt like young guys with nice toys!!! LAKE ELSINORE's water sizzles? whats up with that SCARRY!!!

core attitude
10-14-2002, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the info you guys. I'll hit it up sometime this week.
Pete