PDA

View Full Version : Pimp for Rex Marine

disco_charger
03-11-2003, 06:00 PM
OK, I've heard all the horror stories about some of you guys and your mail order experience. I am lucky enough to be near Rex Marine and can go to the shop and pick up my stuff. I was in today, and John was behind the counter. I have worked with John before. The guy was helpful as I wandered the store trying to remember what I was buying (I forgot my list). He was patient as I ate up about 45 minutes of his time. Mike when you read this, give John a raise or something, because he's one of the easiest guys to deal with that I've ever run into. If you need shiznint for your boat, I highly recommend Rex Marine.
Disco :cool:

Beautiful Noise
03-11-2003, 06:04 PM
Disco ,I also called Rex today and Talked with John he was very helpful even tho they were out of stock for what I needed at this time.
Steve

RandyH
03-11-2003, 06:18 PM
I just got my big order in yesterday from Rex. Bob took good care of me and everything is in order. The new Billet Fire Extinguisher mount is top notch qaulity. Told the honey it was for the house. I just couldn't explain the new MSD Distributor. Good Job Rex. How much do you have to spend to get a catalog? :D
Randy

JetBoatRich
03-11-2003, 06:27 PM
I always hear good things about that group, all my guages are from his shop wink

Eric455
03-11-2003, 06:43 PM
yea but their website sucks. i dont mean to be the one who always complains about a good company, but they need to update there website and have price listings with better specs.
just another opinion thats all
eric

disco_charger
03-11-2003, 08:58 PM
They have price listings on the site. I know, it's just a scanned image of the catalog, but if you go up and click on price sheet...

A.SNEED
03-11-2003, 09:10 PM
YEA JUST HOW MUCH DO YOU HAVE TO SPEND TO GET A CATALOG?A.SNEED

Hallett19
03-11-2003, 10:44 PM
Jay is my guy over there, him and I go way back..... funny story, I walk in there one day and he thought I looked familiar, I thought he did too and we found out I dated his sister for a few weeks, it was pretty funny.

Hallett19
03-12-2003, 12:11 AM
Mike, dont tell Jay I said this and Jay, if you are reading, I mean this in the nicest of ways, but her name is Stephanie and she is extremley hot, tall, cutest voice, she was just a little young for me, this is before I was on Days and I was working at the mall and I went out with alot of young girls, I was 20 at the time and I think she had just turned 17. But yeah, she was georgous. But if Jay reads this, I'm going on the record here, I never did anything with her, goobye kisses at the most. :cool:

DickDanger
03-12-2003, 12:43 AM
Great to deal with. Ordered my stuff on Friday, had it on Monday...'nuff said. -DD Out

Rexone
03-12-2003, 12:59 AM
Hallett19:
Mike, dont tell Jay I said this and Jay, if you are reading, I mean this in the nicest of ways, but her name is Stephanie and she is extremley hot, tall, cutest voice, she was just a little young for me, this is before I was on Days and I was working at the mall and I went out with alot of young girls, I was 20 at the time and I think she had just turned 17. But yeah, she was georgous. But if Jay reads this, I'm going on the record here, I never did anything with her, goobye kisses at the most. :cool: 10-4 H19...I got it...lol. Sneed just keep spendin money...I'll let you know when you've qualified... :D
Thanx guys

JetBoatRich
03-12-2003, 04:12 AM
DickDanger:
Great to deal with. Ordered my stuff on Friday, had it on Monday...'nuff said. -DD Out Yes I believe that was the point

BigBoyToys
03-12-2003, 05:14 AM
I ordered from Rex Marine for my first time on Monday morning after posting with Rexone Sunday afternoon (stock check, etc. THANKS MIKE).
I received the parts Tuesday morning (yesterday) and had them installed by 6:30pm. It was an EXCELLENT product(s) and EXCELLENT shipping time, which was absolutely important since I needed the parts before Ming this weekend.
Prices, well, I don't know what it would have costed otherwise if I purchased somewhere else but that didn't matter since timing was the crucial thing here.
Installation instructions could have been a little clearer (or maybe more complete) but I think my problem was just that I just got done working a 14 hour day and was tired......nonetheless, I had the parts on within 1 hour, start to finish.
Thanks again Mike and I will MOST DEFINITELY be doing more business with ya's in the future.

BigBoyToys
03-12-2003, 05:17 AM
And BTW Mike (Rexone), Just gave ya a "5" for being able to produce the outcome that you said you could. A rarity these days.....

Rexone
03-12-2003, 05:21 AM
Thanx, 5 back at cha. :) Glad we could help

Bense468
03-14-2003, 05:30 PM
I have always had good luck with Rex. They have come in handy many of times on parts I needed last minute right before the river. It helps that I am a mile from them also. I buy almost all of my parts through them.

ChetCapoli
03-15-2003, 08:15 PM
BigBoyToys:
Prices, well, I don't know what it would have costed otherwise if I purchased somewhere else but that didn't matter since timing was the crucial thing here.
Being 3000 miles away, price IS kinda important and so is a toll free number. CP performance gets the nod being last time i needed parts they were cheaper as always. Gotta do a little price checkin to be competitive mike. I'm sure you already know that being the boss though. :D
CHET

Rexone
03-16-2003, 02:59 AM
So nice to hear from you Chet. I always look forward to our little exchanges as you're such a pleasent guy to talk with. Our prices are posted on our site. We're a couple bucks higher here a couple lower there. I think everyone on this forum is intelligent enough (maybe with one exception) to make their own informed and wise decisions where to buy their stuff based on their experiences, ability to check pricing, value they place on service and tech assistance, etc.
I'm just glad I don't do pump work here cause I'm sure you'd have "your man" somewhere that was cheaper, smarter, faster, closer, or better lookin, etc, etc, etc. I just feel sorry for Mike and Scott at CP. They'll probably raise their prices after havin to deal with you and all the bs you consistantly bring to the table post after post. Have a nice day Chet
[ March 16, 2003, 03:43 AM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

superdave013
03-16-2003, 06:03 AM
ChetCapoli:
Being 3000 miles away, price IS kinda important and so is a toll free number. CP performance gets the nod being last time i needed parts they were cheaper as always. Gotta do a little price checkin to be competitive mike. I'm sure you already know that being the boss though. :D
CHET Chet, did you get a good deal on these grab handles? I didn't see these on CP's web site. LOWES must have been having a sale that day.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20chethull-med.jpg

ChetCapoli
03-17-2003, 10:15 PM
Rexone:
So nice to hear from you Chet. I always look forward to our little exchanges as you're such a pleasent guy to talk with. I'm flattered you feel that way. FYI, I was only stating a fact. Truth hurt or something?
We're a couple bucks higher here a couple lower there. I think everyone on this forum is intelligent enough (maybe with one exception) to make their own informed and wise decisions where to buy their stuff based on their experiences, ability to check pricing, value they place on service and tech assistance, etc. At least you admit that fact. I couldnt' find the "lower" though. The only intelligence needed when dealing with someone 3000+miles away is figuring how much money you can save...whether it's the call or the product...bottom line. You already know that though. BTW, You never did answer my question about the ebay "buy it now" stuff you sell. Last i knew that was an auction, not a place to spam your products. What's up with that?
I'm just glad I don't do pump work here cause I'm sure you'd have "your man" somewhere that was cheaper, smarter, faster, closer, or better lookin, etc, etc, etc.Now that you admit this fact hopefully you can stay out of my posts with hb and stick to making popcorn or something. :D Remember "the customer is always right"??
I just feel sorry for Mike and Scott at CP. They'll probably raise their prices after havin to deal with you and all the bs you consistantly bring to the table post after post. Have a nice day Chet Yeap...i feel sorry for them too...all the way to the bank to deposit those checks...one of which was mine. I dont think they will raise prices on much of anything anytime soon. Besides it would give you a chance to play and lose me as a customer to boot....you know they couldn't do that. :p Time for my AA meeting now. argue You have a nice day too mike. :)
CHET
P.S. as for those grab handles....they are factory issue on the boat...sorry guys. I just got an idea...i can take the boat to my AA meetings and use them as "debate" handles and have heated arguements on the deck of my boat! LMAO!!
[ March 17, 2003, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

Rexone
03-17-2003, 10:56 PM
Chet,
In all seriousness, you contribute little I've seen that's useful to this forum other than for entertainment value perhaps to some, and you can't post without arguing. I think you do it just for the attention to see how much crap you can stir up. Just my guess.
Further, I'm not going to waste any more of my time and wear and tear on my keyboard addressing your posts or arguing with you. I've tried to joke around with you and all I get is the attack back with the quote bites dealio. I'm really not into it as I'd much rather spend the little time I have to do this helping people that need and appreciate it.
You have a nice day as well Chet. :)
[ March 19, 2003, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Rexone ]