PDA

View Full Version : Lake Pleasant, AZ

lakemeadbums
07-27-2002, 08:15 PM
Anyone have any info on this lake, I just recently heard about it. It's about 7 hours from where I am in Cal. Any hotels near by or is it all camping? We frequent Mead mostly and Havasu, how does it compare to those? Is it worth the drive? Any help would be appreciated. wink

DogHouse
07-27-2002, 09:32 PM
Lake Pleasant really isn't a "destination" lake worth driving very far to get to. It's ok for Phx local day trips because it's nearby, but it's crowded on weekends and there isn't a single sandy beach in the whole place that I would pull the boat up on or walk on without shoes. I would never drive past Havasu, Mojave, or Mead to get to Pleasant...
-brian

lakemeadbums
07-28-2002, 09:31 AM
Brian
Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it, that's why I asked first cause to drive 7 hours I want to be happy when i get there.
DogHouse:
Lake Pleasant really isn't a "destination" lake worth driving very far to get to. It's ok for Phx local day trips because it's nearby, but it's crowded on weekends and there isn't a single sandy beach in the whole place that I would pull the boat up on or walk on without shoes. I would never drive past Havasu, Mojave, or Mead to get to Pleasant...
-brian

RASTA
07-28-2002, 12:05 PM
YEA, I JUST LEFT PHX. AND IT SEAMS TO BE ABOUT 45 MINS. TO AN HOUR AWAY FROM DOWNTOWN PHX. I HEAR ITS A COOL PARTY SPOT, BUT SO IS HAVASU.

lakemeadbums
07-28-2002, 12:29 PM
Thanks, I think we'll stick with Mead and Havasu then. Going to Havasu in a couple weeks, can't wait, it's always fun. :D
RASTA:
YEA, I JUST LEFT PHX. AND IT SEAMS TO BE ABOUT 45 MINS. TO AN HOUR AWAY FROM DOWNTOWN PHX. I HEAR ITS A COOL PARTY SPOT, BUT SO IS HAVASU.

Donnie
07-29-2002, 03:42 PM
Brian's right,the lake is about 30 minutes from my house and I would rather drive to Havasu and thats what we did this weekend.