PDA

View Full Version : People who welch on bets....

Bryan Rose
03-13-2006, 06:53 PM
What do all of you think about people who DO NOT pay up on Bets lost? I have come to the conclusion that a friendly bet I made with a Board member here on the USC - Texas game is not going to pay up. Kind of lame if you ask me, I sent a couple of PM's got a reply said he was going to get the bet settled and then .........no more word. I then sent another PM I know he got and no responce........I hate posting this but I think I should find out what you people think about it. If you lost a bet with a fellow board member , would you pay up?
I for one know if I had not payed up it would have been all over the board about how a guy from GA is a loser and so on and so on....
This is now 3 months old now , and it was only for a bottle of Bevedere. I now if I had lost I would have the bet settled within a week.I guess the California economy must be bad...............
Tell me what you think. I gave him the chance to pay up but to no avail.I will copy and past all correspondance if you guys would like to see how it all went down....
So much taking people at their word.
Bryan

Jbb
03-13-2006, 06:57 PM
I for one know if I had not payed up it would have been all over the board about how a guy from GA is a loser and so on and so on....
Bryan
The thing about being a loser from Ga is ........no one ever expects much of you.... :p

Bryan Rose
03-13-2006, 07:01 PM
The thing about being a loser from Ga is ........no one ever expects much of you.... :p
Well put.

Bryan Rose
03-13-2006, 07:09 PM
No names were mentioned.....and I did remind you. If I get it that is great , if not no problem, i know things get crazy sometimes and people forget , just remember, you outed yourself.
Thanks
Bryan

Phat Matt
03-13-2006, 07:12 PM
I never pay up on my bets, just ask DILLIGAF. :)

BoatFloating
03-13-2006, 07:22 PM
I'll throw my .02 in the mix even though it doesn't matter. If you make a bet public on the boards and don't pay up plan on hearing about it on the boards. I would expect nothing less. Now if you made the bet via pm's then it's a different story. We are all busy but 2 months seems a little long... :rollside:

Bryan Rose
03-13-2006, 07:28 PM
I could care less. I'm busy, sorry.
I understand you really want your bottle of booze
every one knows booze won tastes sweeter than booze you have to buy...
Thank you SWB you ARE a man of your word.
Bryan

HOOTER SLED-
03-13-2006, 07:33 PM
If you didn't shake hands, it ain't solid. :rollside:

HOOTER SLED-
03-13-2006, 08:05 PM
We shook hands via PM. ;)
Is that kinda like cyber sex??? Gotta keep it safe these days? :D

yeah,right
03-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Two months is a long time. If it took coming on here to actually get it, then cool. I don't think SWB was trying to welch, but as to your original question about people who welch on bets- I think they suck and should but outted here, so others know not to trust them in the future.

BoatFloating
03-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Two months is a long time. It's one of those things that gets put off and forgotten about. Wasn't intentional, obviously, as the unopened bottle is still sitting on my counter.
Hell don't send to him I'll come over and drink it with you..... :rollside: :idea:

THOR
03-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Here's your bottle, don't tempt me, I had a long day at work. ;)
http://www.clubwerks.com/warlock/booze.jpg
When did you get a job?

PlyaPlya22
03-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Sorry about not sending the bottle, it really is sitting on my counter. I'll take it down to the post office tomorrow.
FWIW, if you had welched on the bet, I most certainly would not have said anything about it on the board, nor to you. That's not my style. I would have reminded you about it a couple times and forgot about it. Somebody welched on a bet with me already regarding the Clippers, I never said a word about it.
Until now!! lmao

JetBoatRich
03-13-2006, 09:50 PM
Looked like a friendly wager :cool:
Wager (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99005)

Jordy
03-13-2006, 09:55 PM
At least you're not calling someone out for not buying your turnkey jetboat. I hear that shit backfires around here. :D :D :D

mike37
03-13-2006, 10:19 PM
after two months you're a welcher
if you make a bet and loose then pay up and pay up promptly
don't make the guy ask for it

mike37
03-13-2006, 10:29 PM
At least I didn't whack off a dog or something.
well I would hope not

dmontzsta
03-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Sorry about not sending the bottle, it really is sitting on my counter. I'll take it down to the post office tomorrow.
FWIW, if you had welched on the bet, I most certainly would not have said anything about it on the board, nor to you. That's not my style. I would have reminded you about it a couple times and forgot about it. Somebody welched on a bet with me already regarding the Clippers, I never said a word about it.
lol. Damn dude, I asked you OVER and OVER what our bet was and offered to make it right, you never told me.