PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake (Party @ the Sandbar)

PussyPusher
08-12-2002, 10:49 AM
So I here that its a must to get together again this weekend at Pyramid. 79Hawian has sugested a practice party for Jets4fun going away party!!! So its on this weekend (AUGUST 17TH) at the "Sandbar". Who's comin???? Lets get the list started...
Shawn :D

75_Elim
08-12-2002, 11:00 AM
I should be able to make it. I just know I'll be in line at 6am if I do go.

PussyPusher
08-12-2002, 11:06 AM
I will try but the wife will be home this weekend and we have a bday party to be at, at 1:30. But I will definitly try to make it and this time early....
Shawn

jet4fun
08-12-2002, 11:17 AM
hmmmmmmmm to go or not, uh, like, uh, ok, i guess ill go :rolleyes: .
by the way ladies whats up with this maybe b.s. you ARE going and thats final. because i said so. its on a saturday, for gods sakes get ahold of yourself and go.

PussyPusher
08-12-2002, 12:36 PM
Hey speaking of ladys!!! Robert was that your sister or your gf??? You never did intro us.. Oh yeah get back to work sell a phone or something.. J/K! Hope to see you again this weekend!
SHawn

jet4fun
08-12-2002, 02:02 PM
ouch, that hurts, dont tell her i was so rude. i didnt even realize that i didnt introduce her to you guys. usually im really good about that. my bad. by the way, she is my girlfriend.

PussyPusher
08-12-2002, 02:12 PM
I kinda figured. Very nice girl, you all where very nice and great people to meet

jet4fun
08-12-2002, 02:39 PM
anybody else gonna come? you all need to be there this saturday 8/17 as this is a practice run for the following weekend, that will be my going away party, and at this point i think im gonna look into another beerbq with a group campsite, i want this to be better than the last one. chesta? we gonna do this or what?

gigamurph
08-12-2002, 09:33 PM
jet4fun:
anybody else gonna come? you all need to be there this saturday 8/17 as this is a practice run for the following weekend, that will be my going away party, and at this point i think im gonna look into another beerbq with a group campsite, i want this to be better than the last one. chesta? we gonna do this or what?How the h**l are ya gonna make this one better than the gatherin' on the 4th? You and CC gonna roll the truck while settin' your a**es on fire and singin' the Romanian national anthem while dressed in PENGUIN costumes? eek!

gigamurph
08-12-2002, 09:36 PM
jet4fun:
ouch, that hurts, dont tell her i was so rude. i didnt even realize that i didnt introduce her to you guys. usually im really good about that. my bad. by the way, she is my girlfriend.Her name is Jen and she is his girlfriend! She also happens to be his cousin! J/K ya J4F! Don't think we can make it on the 17th but maybe the ol' lady will be over the 4th and will see about gettin' out there to see ya off on the 24th! That is if CC has forgiven me for crashin' his shindig on the 4th! How 'bout it CC? All forgiven? :D

Chestah Cheetah
08-12-2002, 11:14 PM
jet4fun:
chesta? we gonna do this or what?I thought I done told you man.......you can tie your shoe laces all by yourself, just remember - the bunny goes around the tree and into the hole. Satuday=Work......AARRRGGHH!!!
Gig, most apologies I'm used to are accompanied by a by a super sized bag of Cheeto's and a six pack of cream soda.

PussyPusher
08-13-2002, 11:24 AM
Well whos goin?????

79Hawaiian
08-13-2002, 12:55 PM
Looks like Saturday is bad for me too. Sunday may be a go, I have to run it by the war department first.

DickDanger
08-13-2002, 01:58 PM
I would go, but am already gonna be in Havasu. How about something along the lines of Aug 31-Sept 1? That should give people a bit more notice for the shindig. -DD Out

gigamurph
08-13-2002, 11:01 PM
Chestah Cheetah:
jet4fun:
chesta? we gonna do this or what?I thought I done told you man.......you can tie your shoe laces all by yourself, just remember - the bunny goes around the tree and into the hole. Satuday=Work......AARRRGGHH!!!
Gig, most apologies I'm used to are accompanied by a by a super sized bag of Cheeto's and a six pack of cream soda.Dude; I had the Cheetos for ya that Saturday night but before I could whip it out (the bag of Cheetos, ya gaggle of goofs), ol' DD pulled out the big one (not sure if it was a bag of Cheetos though)! That was some funny s**t!
DD- "Yo Chestah Cheetah! I got some Cheetos for ya!"
CC- ""WTF? They're already open!"
DD- "Dude, I got hungry about Riverside! It's a long drive from Woodcrest to Riverside!"
CC- "Dude! That's f**ked up!"
DD- "Damn CC! Relax! See me tomorrow and I'll give the rest of them!"
CC- "F**kit! Keep 'em!"
Kathy was glad that we never gave them to ya! After gettin' a late start home, she ws hungry and ate them as we sat in the excitin' new Six Flags ride, "Magic Mountain Traffic Jam"! I was pretty glad myself! When she gets hungry, it's not a pretty sight! Hmmmmmm, maybe that was why she got p**sed on the way home! I only take her to the finest eateries SoCal has to offer! :p :D

DickDanger
08-14-2002, 10:41 AM
Well, as my neighbor's uncle's sister's grandmother's retarded cousin from Topeka used to say (before she was made a permanent resident of the padded room) "it's the thought that counts." Hey, thats a lengthy drive, and it takes a lot of energy to scream and yell at all the other drivers on SoCals wonderful freeway system. What better supplements than a new bag of Cheetos and some Yoo-Hoo? -DD Out

jet4fun
08-14-2002, 11:44 AM
79Hawaiian:
Looks like Saturday is bad for me too. Sunday may be a go, I have to run it by the war department first.wait a minute here, arent you the one that said on last weekends post: "hey lets all go again on the 17th", or something like that. and now youre gonna skirt out. ooh you in trouble now. you better be there saturday :p

jet4fun
08-14-2002, 01:27 PM
just for clarification this post is for anyone going to pyramid on this saturday the 17th. i will definetly be there. i am gonna be hangin out at the sandbar. it would be great if i can get a bunch of more people to join me. the last 2 weekends have been great with a pretty good turnout :D .
the roll call sofar looks like pussypusher, 75elim, and possibly 79hawaiian (you better be there, with your grill). now thats weak eek! , i know there have gotta be more of you out there that can make it this weekend. as stated before this is a practice run for my self-thrown going away party the next weekend which i better have a HUGE turnout for that.

PussyPusher
08-14-2002, 01:35 PM
I am still trying to convince he wife. We have a B-Day Party the same day. I definitly try to get there though. Had a great time last weekend and would like to repeat it. Maybe we could hang with the guy playing the Power 106 80's on his casette player. LOL!!!! Hey Jerry if I dont make it, you are more than welcome to get your grove on with Heavy Sweaty Betty. She told me that she had been eyeing you while you were sitting in line. She wanted a ride in the "motorhome" if you know what I mean... eek! Well hope to see you all soon. Hey has anyone heard from 6741 or whatever Jeffs number is. Hows his engine?????? Hey Jeff let us know whats goin on man!!!
Shawn

79Hawaiian
08-14-2002, 07:39 PM
GOOD NEWS! The war department granted me use of my balls on Saturday and I will be there with a chest full of silver sodas and grill hungry for some fine bbq.
YEE HAW!!!

08-14-2002, 09:45 PM
Hey has anyone heard from 6741 or whatever Jeffs number is. Hows his engine?????? Hey Jeff let us know whats goin on man!!!
Shawn[/QB][/QUOTE]
Well, I took out the motor today and there was a handful of metal in the oil pump, so we took off the main-caps and the front main bearing was toast! I need to send the block out to get linebored. Hopefully I will send it out tomorrow. I don't think I'll have the motor done for another two or three weeks. Saturday is questionable because I have someplace to be at 3:00.

79Hawaiian
08-14-2002, 10:25 PM
Sorry to hear it man. Good thing you found it before something really nasty happened like busting a crank and trashing your block.

Chestah Cheetah
08-14-2002, 11:19 PM
Good to hear you got started Jeff, there's still plenty of summer left. If yuo need a hand to drink a beer and hold a flashlight, I'm your man.

08-14-2002, 11:34 PM
Chestah Cheetah:
Good to hear you got started Jeff, there's still plenty of summer left. If yuo need a hand to drink a beer and hold a flashlight, I'm your man.AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH Chestah my brotha what's going on? Are you going this wknd? If I endup needing some help I'll make sure to have a 12er ready for ya! Once I get everything back I'll let you know.

08-14-2002, 11:57 PM
79Hawaiian:
Sorry to hear it man. Good thing you found it before something really nasty happened like busting a crank and trashing your block.Yes,correct,good answer,if you would've heard all the rattling & knocking shit that was going on when I went back to the launch ramp at the end of the day you'd swear it was gonna blow a rod out the f***ing side.

PussyPusher
08-15-2002, 05:47 AM
Hey Jeff if you need a second person to stand around and watch let me know... :D Hope to see you at the lake soon though. Heres a thought, If we can't make it to the lake maybe we need to party at someones pad????? Just a thought, just another reason to have a BBQ!!!
Shawn

79Hawaiian
08-16-2002, 09:30 AM
Everyone still on? I almost bought a new boat this morning to take with but decided that my ol bucket of bolts deserves at least one more trip to Pyramid.

Whipped Caliber
08-16-2002, 09:39 AM
Looks like the Wife and I will be coming. :D If all the rest of you are? Havasu went bust today!!! :mad: Jeff do you have to go home at 3:00
if not let Me know room on the boat for you! :p

jet4fun
08-16-2002, 11:04 AM
yeah baby, its on. im comin, looks like jerrys comin too. see you there wc, 79h, 75e, pp, anyone else? wicked 1?
hey 6741 call me bro 687-3689
i hope you all have plans for the camping trip next weekend too!!! :D

Whipped Caliber
08-16-2002, 01:55 PM
JUST GOT F###ED HAVE TO GO TO WORK SAT. MAYBE NEXT TIME!!!! :mad: :mad: MY GUYS ARE RUNNING LATE ON A JOB :confused:

jet4fun
08-16-2002, 02:27 PM
Whipped Caliber:
JUST GOT F###ED HAVE TO GO TO WORK SAT. MAYBE NEXT TIME!!!! :mad: :mad: MY GUYS ARE RUNNING LATE ON A JOB :confused: sorry to hear that :( thats too bad. well hopefully you can make it next weekend. were gonna camp saturday night and be on the lake all day sunday just like last time. you guys should camp this time.

79Hawaiian
08-16-2002, 02:37 PM
Jet4Fun,
What time did you arrive at the lake last weekend? I got there are 7am and still waited over an hour to launch. I never even saw you in line.

Whipped Caliber
08-16-2002, 04:28 PM
I have to be in Vegas next weekend for work!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

jet4fun
08-16-2002, 05:01 PM
79Hawaiian:
Jet4Fun,
What time did you arrive at the lake last weekend? I got there are 7am and still waited over an hour to launch. I never even saw you in line.i got in the line at about 6:30. i think i waited for about a half hour. the reason for the line that early in the morning is because they only let like 5 people in every 10 minutes, they do this to regulate traffic inside the gates and on the boat ramp.

jet4fun
08-16-2002, 05:11 PM
Whipped Caliber:
I have to be in Vegas next weekend for work!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: too bad :( well then i hope we can hang out again next year :D it was a lot of fun on the 4th.

MirRoc
08-16-2002, 06:37 PM
Where is the sand bar from the launch area? What time waiting in line if I leave Arcadia about 9 am?

sandblasted
08-16-2002, 06:54 PM
I'd like to hook up with you guys since Pyramid is only 50 minutes from Lancaster but i can't stand waiting in line to get on that lake..That's why I usually take a half day off and go on fridays...
come the weekend, i'd rather drive a hour an half and go to Buena vista...You can anchor right by your picnic area and the ramps are not that crowded...

79Hawaiian
08-16-2002, 07:31 PM
MirRoc:
Where is the sand bar from the launch area? What time waiting in line if I leave Arcadia about 9 am?Forget it. Be at the lake by 7am or don't get on. I got there at 9am two weeks ago and waited 4 1/2 hours. I would leave Arcadia by 5am if you are serious about having some fun on the lake. If you get there early head out from the ramp, turn right around the first point and keep going until you can't go any further. You will see the sand bar.

JustMVG
08-16-2002, 09:28 PM
Last time i was up at Pyramid,2 wks ago, the sherriff, the only sherriff there is the only one doing the ramp check, if everybody has there stuff together this would make the kine faster too. But then again you have alot of folks that go there and have not backed up a trailer in awhile if at all. Don't even get me started on the PWC owners.
If i get my reverse cable fixed tomorrow we'll be heading out there Sunday morn. Early. Hope to see some of you there . Mike VG

jet4fun
08-18-2002, 12:34 PM
MirRoc:
Where is the sand bar from the launch area? What time waiting in line if I leave Arcadia about 9 am?so did you end up goin? if you did we never met up with you

jet4fun
08-18-2002, 12:38 PM
sandblasted:
I'd like to hook up with you guys since Pyramid is only 50 minutes from Lancaster but i can't stand waiting in line to get on that lake..That's why I usually take a half day off and go on fridays...
come the weekend, i'd rather drive a hour an half and go to Buena vista...You can anchor right by your picnic area and the ramps are not that crowded...i dont mean to make you feel bad after the fact, but there was absolutely no line all day yesterday, we think maybe because the weather was so shitty in the valley, ive never seen it that way on the weekend, too bad we didnt get to meet you, maybe you can come next weekend for my goin away party, camping saturday night, all day sunday on the lake.

sandblasted
08-18-2002, 02:51 PM
I'm heading to the River next weekend, but I'll drink a beer in honor of your going away party, heck maybe drink 2 or 3...

cal-air
08-18-2002, 07:26 PM
I was there for the first time this weekend (Saturday & Sunday), I wasn't thrilled with the lake, too many PWC's and A-holes that don't have launch ramp ettiquette! And, what's up with that green sh*t floating in the lake? Don't get me wrong, any day on the water is better than any working or staying at home, just don't plan on many trips there.

79Hawaiian
08-18-2002, 09:07 PM
Lake has a lot of shallow areas and warm weather in late summer spawns the algae bloom. Day trip lakes for L.A. boaters are limited... Pyramid has been my favorite for years regardless of the lake lice and the algae. Then again, that is my "personal" opinion. If you live near a sweet lake and have to drive to Pyramid I understand your fustration.

cal-air
08-19-2002, 05:46 AM
79Hawaiian:
Lake has a lot of shallow areas and warm weather in late summer spawns the algae bloom. Day trip lakes for L.A. boaters are limited... Pyramid has been my favorite for years regardless of the lake lice and the algae. Then again, that is my "personal" opinion. If you live near a sweet lake and have to drive to Pyramid I understand your fustration.I can definitely understand going there if you live close. I drove all the way from San Diego, idling through L.A. and Valencia.

ROZ
08-19-2002, 09:46 AM
cal-air:
79Hawaiian:
Lake has a lot of shallow areas and warm weather in late summer spawns the algae bloom. Day trip lakes for L.A. boaters are limited... Pyramid has been my favorite for years regardless of the lake lice and the algae. Then again, that is my "personal" opinion. If you live near a sweet lake and have to drive to Pyramid I understand your fustration.I can definitely understand going there if you live close. I drove all the way from San Diego, idling through L.A. and Valencia.My drive home from Aug. 4th's Pyramid run was 5 hrs. beat that. Regardless, we had a real good time. Thanks again 75_Elim !
[ August 19, 2002, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: ROZ ]

75_Elim
08-19-2002, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ROZ:
My drive home from Aug. 4th's Pyramid run was 5 hrs. beat that. Regardless, we had a real good time. Thanks again 75_Elim [QUOTE]
Not a problem.... Are you coming up again this weekend ??

jet4fun
08-19-2002, 11:11 AM
cal-air:
I was there for the first time this weekend (Saturday & Sunday), I wasn't thrilled with the lake, too many PWC's and A-holes that don't have launch ramp ettiquette! And, what's up with that green sh*t floating in the lake? Don't get me wrong, any day on the water is better than any working or staying at home, just don't plan on many trips there.you were there on saturday? sorry we missed you, we were on the sandbar the whole day, did you ever see any of us?
well maybe you could put your hatred for the lake aside and come just one last time next weekend :D , i am having a goin away party, check the thread i started.

cal-air
08-19-2002, 12:35 PM
jet4fun:
cal-air:
I was there for the first time this weekend (Saturday & Sunday), I wasn't thrilled with the lake, too many PWC's and A-holes that don't have launch ramp ettiquette! And, what's up with that green sh*t floating in the lake? Don't get me wrong, any day on the water is better than any working or staying at home, just don't plan on many trips there.you were there on saturday? sorry we missed you, we were on the sandbar the whole day, did you ever see any of us?
well maybe you could put your hatred for the lake aside and come just one last time next weekend :D , i am having a goin away party, check the thread i started.I launched later in the afternoon on Saturday, around 2 o'clock I think. We stayed on the lake until 7. I didn't see anyone, but I looked. I'm not sure where the sandbar is, but I cruised the whole lake looking. I don't think I'll be able to make it next weekend, but we'll just have to see.