PDA

View Full Version : PICKLE!? How did the N2O work out?

78Eliminator
07-29-2002, 11:07 AM
Well?

Froggystyle
07-29-2002, 02:50 PM
Well!

RiverDave2
07-29-2002, 02:52 PM
Wes, you know that you won the aggressor contest right?
There's a thread called "winner" in the Bench Racers column. You should probably make some sort of response in there to collect your prize..
RD

PICKLEtheLOAD
07-30-2002, 07:42 AM
solid, very solid! early morning saturday we made some really hard passes, boat ran like a rocket. you gotta see the nitrous rig froggy put on this phocker. all custom hard lines (polished), custom bracket for the solenoids, and clean (highly clean) trick electrical work. this guy is a g-damn magician. phock me! (thanks again, wes). i gotta camera AFTER he installed it, but i have some post production pix at home that i can post later. BTW, what is the story with your boat? were you at San V 2 sundays ago? wes and i thought we saw you leaving. how did it run?

Hotcrusader76
07-30-2002, 07:47 AM
What are you running for a fuel pump at what's your flow rate @ 5psi?

Froggystyle
07-30-2002, 08:11 AM
It has a dedicated Holley blue pump for the nitrous system.

78Eliminator
07-30-2002, 08:14 AM
PICKLEtheLOAD:
BTW, what is the story with your boat? were you at San V 2 sundays ago? wes and i thought we saw you leaving. how did it run?That wasn't me. I'll be there this Saturday with Ty, dialing in my carbs. Then I'm all about the river the rest of the season. Yeah, I'm talkin' every weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
J

Hotcrusader76
07-30-2002, 08:20 AM
Froggystyle:
It has a dedicated Holley blue pump for the nitrous system.So you have had good luck with those pumps I assume? Hmmm
I have had nothing but problems with ones customers have had. The Blue's have been burning up on there set-ups...
I run a Mallory COMP 110 and love it! Best of luck on that Holley blue...

stressedout
07-30-2002, 08:31 AM
Don't forget to put the low fuel pressure switch on just in case.
Also good luck with the holley.....

Hotcrusader76
07-30-2002, 08:35 AM
stressedout:
Don't forget to put the low fuel pressure switch on just in case.
Also good luck with the holley.....Who are you getting that switch through? Brand?

Froggystyle
07-30-2002, 08:40 AM
The main reason Holley blue pumps fail in boats, is that they are a non-bypass style, but still high-ish volume. When idling or not running, the pump is laboring hard against the 7 lb regulator, and is heating up the whole time. In a nitrous-only application, the pump is only on when you pull the switch, and should last forever in this capacity.
I ran a BG-400 in my picklefork, and while it was a phenomenal pump, it required a lot of plumbing for the return lines etc... I think the Holley blue is an excellent choice of pumps for this.

HavasuDreamin'
07-30-2002, 08:44 AM
Froggystyle:
When idling or not running, the pump is laboring hard against the 7 lb regulator, and is heating up the whole time. Ah Haaaa.............this is why my blue failed on my O/B last year. Thanks for the info.

Hotcrusader76
07-30-2002, 08:45 AM
Froggystyle:
The main reason Holley blue pumps fail in boats, is that they are a non-bypass style, but still high-ish volume. When idling or not running, the pump is laboring hard against the 7 lb regulator, and is heating up the whole time. In a nitrous-only application, the pump is only on when you pull the switch, and should last forever in this capacity.
I ran a BG-400 in my picklefork, and while it was a phenomenal pump, it required a lot of plumbing for the return lines etc... I think the Holley blue is an excellent choice of pumps for this.Well noted Froggy. I agree that those pumps get hot on to many occasions. Sucks that you can't have both characteristics in a good pump. Maybe run a back-up pump, or one that can be activated when needed. That's sounds like a workable idea. I'll spearhead that idea.
-Ty
[ July 30, 2002, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

Froggystyle
07-30-2002, 08:49 AM
Might be done with a Throttle Position Switch? I dunno. Injected engines just use a bypass with return line. The Superflow fuel valve in Ultra's works great for this, and it is no dramas at all, but the Picklefork does not have one, as they both draw together.
Squirts up.

Hotcrusader76
07-30-2002, 08:52 AM
Froggystyle:
Might be done with a Throttle Position Switch? I dunno. Injected engines just use a bypass with return line. The Superflow fuel valve in Ultra's works great for this, and it is no dramas at all, but the Picklefork does not have one, as they both draw together.
Squirts up.That's quite a draw for your electrical system, no? Two pumps drawing max.amps? Well it obviosly worked for you; how did you wire that up? Two pumps together, series or parallel?

78Eliminator
07-30-2002, 08:53 AM
Froggystyle:
Squirts up.This is a great topic. My fuel pump has no returns and labors HARD. In fact, it has it's own toggle switch and I have to manually switch it on and off. Is this a bad setup Froggy?
J

Hotcrusader76
07-30-2002, 08:55 AM
78Eliminator:
Froggystyle:
Squirts up.This is a great topic. My fuel pump has no returns and labors HARD. In fact, it has it's own toggle switch and I have to manually switch it on and off. Is this a bad setup Froggy?
JI think that's a great set-up! You can kill that pump if and when you need to! Anyone dis-agree?

Hotcrusader76
07-30-2002, 08:55 AM
Meeeow....Meeeoow.....Where's the cat J ?

78Eliminator
07-30-2002, 08:57 AM
Hotcrusader76:
Meeeow....Meeeoow.....Where's the cat J ?The loud cat now lives with my mom. the avatar is currently being changed.....

Hotcrusader76
07-30-2002, 08:58 AM
78Eliminator:
Hotcrusader76:
Meeeow....Meeeoow.....Where's the cat J ?The loud cat now lives with my mom. the avatar is currently being changed.....::::suspense::::: Don't keep us waiting! Hhahaa

stressedout
07-30-2002, 09:01 AM
Hotcrusader,
The low pressure switches are all about the same probaly made by the same company, Summit has them I think there about 35.00 dollars.[CHEAP INSURANCE]
Mallory 140 pumps have a built in bypass that doesn't require a return line to the tank.

Hotcrusader76
07-30-2002, 09:06 AM
stressedout:
Hotcrusader,
The low pressure switches are all about the same probaly made by the same company, Summit has them I think there about 35.00 dollars.[CHEAP INSURANCE]
Mallory 140 pumps have a built in bypass that doesn't require a return line to the tank.I think I am going to try something different. I am ditching the Mallory set-up. Thinking of something more visually high-tech. I want to see if the high-tech looking Billet pumps are what they are cracked up to be.
---Dare to be different---

78Eliminator
07-30-2002, 09:36 AM
Froggystyle:
Squirts up.Froggy, your avatar is just wrong. Kermit helped me learn my ABCs, taught me to have decent manners, how to count and to try and be a nice person. Now I see him butt f#$%ing a sheep. It just isn't right......
[ July 30, 2002, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

78Eliminator
07-30-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Hotcrusader76:
I want to see if the high-tech looking Billet pumps are what they are cracked up to be.
---Dare to be different---Who makes these?

Froggystyle
07-30-2002, 10:20 AM
Hotcrusader76:
Froggystyle:
Squirts up.That's quite a draw for your electrical system, no? Two pumps drawing max.amps? Well it obviosly worked for you; how did you wire that up? Two pumps together, series or parallel?I don't know what you mean. My Daytona had a single BG-400, with a 15 lb bypass line that recycled back into the tank. PTL has a mechanical high volume pump, with an auxiliary nitrous electrical pump. Wiring for the nitrous is as follows...
Dash switch goes from switched power to fuel pump, in addition, it powers the steering wheel switch for thumb control of the nitrous shot. From the steering wheel switch, the power goes to a throttle position switch that only allows the shot to take place at WOT. From this TPS it goes to the solonoids which are wired in parallel. Simple and redundant. It gives the driver precise control over the shot, but prevents activation in anything other than a WOT condition.
BTW, this is the last time I will ever buy a Nitrous kit. It turns out that the only things I used from the kit were baseplates, solonoids and the bottle. Everything else was custom built.
Squirts up!
Wes

RiverDave2
07-30-2002, 10:21 AM
Hotcrusader76:
stressedout:
Hotcrusader,
Mallory 140 pumps have a built in bypass that doesn't require a return line to the tank.I think I am going to try something different. I am ditching the Mallory set-up. Thinking of something more visually high-tech. I want to see if the high-tech looking Billet pumps are what they are cracked up to be.
---Dare to be different---Ty, just a suggestion instead of going through the normal parts suppliers for Auto's and the Marine industry. Go check out some industrial suppliers. McMasterCarr, ThomasRegistry etc....
You can buy switches that are activiated by pressure.. Turn things on at certain pressures turn things off at certain pressures etc..etc.. Most things are considerably cheaper and higher quality then you would ever find over at Nitrous Oxide Systems, or the like..
RD

Hallett19
07-30-2002, 10:56 AM
wish you guys could have seen how cool it was watching these guys hit the bottle as they were passing me photographing the proccess from "OTR". Here comes Wes flying along, roost up, then just as he passes me and Jerry....BAM!!!...... the roost gets at least 50 feet longer and that 540 Merlin starts SCREAMING!!!! Hopefully Wes can post the video of his run coming down from Picacho, WOW!! He looked like he was over 100, because 1 second he is there, and in a blink of an eye, he is gone, with at least 200 feet of water still in the air behind him. And the look on Jerry's face after his nice long run on the bottle, high fives and hugs all around, I havent seen him that happy since the last time he drank his face off, which was just a few hours previous wink His life is a blur man.

HBjet
07-30-2002, 11:49 AM
So froggy gets to drive the boat? Nice! I wish I had a friend with a fast pickle that I can drive....oh, I do!
Anyways, I bet froggy drove it because he has more seat time in a fast pickle then PTL. IF thats the case, why would PTL want to run NOS if your not ready? Not trying to start any shit, just curious thats all. If it's simply a "Check Me Out" factor, that's cool too.
OK, a few more questions. From Hallett19's description, is sounded like there was a pretty big roost in the air. I'm wondering why? Why would you have the boat trimmed out that much for a speed run? Second, what did the boat do number wise? Thanks guys!
HBjet

Froggystyle
07-30-2002, 12:38 PM
I only get to drive because I wrench on it! That is the deal.
The "Roost" that H19 is talking about is only 8 ft high or so, but is seriously long. I don't know how to post .mov files or I could show you.
On the fastest run of the day, PTL had been drinking some, and I had not, so when it came time to blowing through some laughing gas, I was up. The water was right, the crowd was strong, and the boat was warm!
We will not be posting numbers. If anyone wishes to find out whether or not they are faster... they can run Jerry for money! wink
Let's just say it isn't slow, and with a bunch of nitrous you run about 10 mph faster than without.
BTW, Jerry now has a ton of seat time in this rig, and if very comfortable running it at WOT. Each run he did was within .1 mph of me. The boy is fast!
Squirts up.

HBjet
07-30-2002, 01:00 PM
Cool, good to hear all is working out. Money huh? Well, not with my boat. Your rig is in more of my reach! So I'm guess with NOS, PTL is just over 100mph. He needs to run that bad boy at Lake Ming. Good Job!
HBjet

78Eliminator
07-30-2002, 01:31 PM
HBjet:
Cool, good to hear all is working out. Money huh? Well, not with my boat. Your rig is in more of my reach! So I'm guess with NOS, PTL is just over 100mph. He needs to run that bad boy at Lake Ming. Good Job!
HBjetHow many CIs is PTLs engine?

PICKLEtheLOAD
07-30-2002, 01:42 PM
Thanks HB. Let there be no doubt, i was nervous about runnin nitrous for the first time, BUT i got bit by the 100 mph bug early! is that a crime? and make no mistake, flying around in a 30 foot hover at night with no moon nor horizon in a 30 yr old helicopter with NVG's poses a little more danger than a 19 footer doin a buck. again, this is ONLY a hobby. I, in no way, shape or form, try to identify myself by owning a boat nor do i make any claims to know half of what most of these ***boat vets around here do. i tow my boat, i drive my boat, i have fun. so...what else fellas? :p

PICKLEtheLOAD
07-30-2002, 01:45 PM
HBjet[/qb][/QUOTE]How many CIs is PTLs engine?[/QB][/QUOTE]
fi-fo-tee. :p

STV_Keith
07-30-2002, 02:49 PM
Froggystyle:
I don't know how to post .mov files or I could show you.Hey Froggy, e-mail it to me at keith@ws6.com and I'll host it up for you.

STV_Keith
07-30-2002, 02:51 PM
Froggystyle:
We will not be posting numbers. If anyone wishes to find out whether or not they are faster... they can run Jerry for money! wink Cool. Gotta see if dad will drag his STV out here for a run ('cause I know mine probably won't do it). wink
http://www.speedcraving.com/stv/friends/drag-stv.jpg
[ July 30, 2002, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: STV_Keith ]

CrazyHippy
07-30-2002, 11:46 PM
SCHWEET PIC!!!
that pic is awesome STV
BJH

Craig
07-31-2002, 01:25 AM
Curious, any of you guys running electrical relay switches on your fuel pumps? I was burning up blue and black Holleys. Lowered the pump as far as I could in the center sponson and put on a Painless Wiring fuel pump relay. Knock on wood, I haven't had any trouble in a month:D
Craig

HavasuDreamin'
07-31-2002, 08:44 AM
That STV looks like a screamer. What motor is that hanging off the back (I know it is an OMC, but how is it set-up). My guess is about 110 mph?
Great picture!
[ July 31, 2002, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

Party Cat
07-31-2002, 08:57 AM
HavasuDreamin':
My guess is about 110?
Hee, Hee, Hee..... :p

Hallett19
07-31-2002, 09:15 AM
HBjet:
So froggy gets to drive the boat? Nice! I wish I had a friend with a fast pickle that I can drive....oh, I do!
Anyways, I bet froggy drove it because he has more seat time in a fast pickle then PTL. IF thats the case, why would PTL want to run NOS if your not ready? Not trying to start any shit, just curious thats all. If it's simply a "Check Me Out" factor, that's cool too.
OK, a few more questions. From Hallett19's description, is sounded like there was a pretty big roost in the air. I'm wondering why? Why would you have the boat trimmed out that much for a speed run? Second, what did the boat do number wise? Thanks guys!
HBjetWOW, this thread is full of backhanded compliments!! I don't know shit about driving a tunnel, but it turns out, the roost went up to air the hull, then trim it down to keep it from kiteing, this is not his first rodeo pal. And second, Jerry jumps into his boat and on his second pass, hits the bottle for a full run and gets within a tenth of a second of Wes' run? Looks like someone opened his trap wihtout the facts.... so in short, PTL is ready and quite comfortable with the kit, and the N2O was not installed for a "check me out" factor, more of a wider grin factor.
p.s.- I can see how personal opinions of other peoples fine character change quick around here.... phock me !!!

Screaming Pete
07-31-2002, 09:37 AM
Big Props errrr Squirts to you guys my heart is racing just reading these posts. Froggy you do great work and PTL I think your rig is A Sweet double e ticket. and both of you hitting the bottle what a great photo that would be. Don't blow them things up before Labor Day and I can seem em run in person :cool: :) :cool: :D

Hallett19
07-31-2002, 09:47 AM
Screaming Pete:
Big Props errrr Squirts to you guys my heart is racing just reading these posts. Froggy you do great work and PTL I think your rig is A Sweet double e ticket. and both of you hitting the bottle what a great photo that would be. Don't blow them things up before Labor Day and I can seem em run in person :cool: :) :cool: :D Pete, you would be stoked to see the work Froggy did to the mounting plate, the hard lines, the WIRING...WOW, you would be amazed to see how he hooked it up, not only that, but he made it work better than expected!! I cant wait to start showing people MY boat!! Wes wired up that old disco pile of junk and really turned the boat around, finally something I can be proud of!!! YAY!!

Hustler
07-31-2002, 10:11 AM
Hallett19:
Screaming Pete:
Big Props errrr Squirts to you guys my heart is racing just reading these posts. Froggy you do great work and PTL I think your rig is A Sweet double e ticket. and both of you hitting the bottle what a great photo that would be. Don't blow them things up before Labor Day and I can seem em run in person :cool: :) :cool: :D Pete, you would be stoked to see the work Froggy did to the mounting plate, the hard lines, the WIRING...WOW, you would be amazed to see how he hooked it up, not only that, but he made it work better than expected!! I cant wait to start showing people MY boat!! Wes wired up that old disco pile of junk and really turned the boat around, finally something I can be proud of!!! YAY!!Did you pay him for his work? lets see some pic's

HBjet
07-31-2002, 10:45 AM
Hallett19:
WOW, this thread is full of backhanded compliments!! I don't know shit about driving a tunnel, but it turns out, the roost went up to air the hull, then trim it down to keep it from kiteing, this is not his first rodeo pal. And second, Jerry jumps into his boat and on his second pass, hits the bottle for a full run and gets within a tenth of a second of Wes' run? Looks like someone opened his trap wihtout the facts.... so in short, PTL is ready and quite comfortable with the kit, and the N2O was not installed for a "check me out" factor, more of a wider grin factor.
p.s.- I can see how personal opinions of other peoples fine character change quick around here.... phock me !!!Hallett19, you need to relax. I think that's cool PTL has NOS and how Wes did the install for him. I think it's also cool that Wes gets to drive the boat. I just had a few questions that PTL cleared up. I was curious as to why you would have a huge roost (200 feet back at WOT?) Your now saying it was to air out the hull, when the hull itself airs out as your speed increases due to the design of the hull. You would trim the boat at the beginning of the run and leave it. I've never seen jet boats making 100mph plus passes with 200ft rooster tails behind them. And I don't know anyone one with a jet who trims up as speed increases in the middle of the pass. A flat bottom yes, but not in a jet. As for the check me out factor with installing NOS, some people do it, some people don't, so that is why I asked. Do me a favor, don't try to answer questions you know nothing about.
HBjet

HavasuDreamin'
07-31-2002, 10:54 AM
HBjet:
And I don't know anyone one with a jet who trims up as speed increases in the middle of the pass.
HBjetNo, no, you got it all wrong........with a tunnel, you keep on the up button as speed increases! :p You gotta really AIR those suckas out! wink
DoH!

STV_Keith
07-31-2002, 11:19 AM
HavasuDreamin':
No, no, you got it all wrong........with a tunnel, you keep on the up button as speed increases! :p You gotta really AIR those suckas out! wink
DoH!Damn dude, you ain't drivin' my boat! :)
I do trim up more initially to get the boat to air out, then bump it down as needed once the speed comes up and you start packing more air in the tunnels.

78Eliminator
07-31-2002, 11:20 AM
HavasuDreamin':
HBjet:
And I don't know anyone one with a jet who trims up as speed increases in the middle of the pass.
HBjetNo, no, you got it all wrong........with a tunnel, you keep on the up button as speed increases! :p You gotta really AIR those suckas out! wink
DoH!Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have your jet set up right, there is NO reason to even have a diverter at all......
J

Hustler
07-31-2002, 11:23 AM
78Eliminator:
HavasuDreamin':
HBjet:
DoH!Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have your jet set up right, there is NO reason to even have a diverter at all......
JThis would be true, but then you take away the fun :D :D

Froggystyle
07-31-2002, 12:00 PM
We were running a little short on space, and I have found this boat to take a set a little faster if you divert up until about 70, then trim down until the tunnels are all the way packed. A couple of the shots show the boat with quite a roost, but those were not runs for the speed, but runs for the crowd!
The boat runs good, and it is fun to drive. Compared to my Daytona, this appears to be a lot less... "active" at top speed.
I want to really throw some power at this hull and see how it acts. I like it.
How about everyone take a deep breath here and relax. We are being a little offensive and defensive, for no reason.

Froggystyle
07-31-2002, 12:06 PM
HBjet:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hallett19:
[qb]cleared up. I was curious as to why you would have a huge roost (200 feet back at WOT?) Your now saying it was to air out the hull, when the hull itself airs out as your speed increases due to the design of the hull. You would trim the boat at the beginning of the run and leave it. Not neccesarilly true Randy. The Shadow packs a lot less air than the Daytona in my experience, but maintains a better ride near the 100 mph mark. You can get to a point with the boat where if you were trimmed down, you would not pacm more air and limit your top speed. With it diverted up, I think it converts more thrust into forward motion, and once the air bleeds out the back, you can divert down and sit on a cushion of air.
What I really want to do is run a special limiting switch activated by the nitrous fuel pump switch that would limit the upwards diversion. That way, you could divert down, get your holeshot, then divert up to the stop for max speed with the bottle.
I will also mention this... the boat's ride changes once you hit the button. It makes whatever diversion you have work probably 20% harder, and you can see it in the tail. The boat takes a different set, and moves around a little until the new setting is tapped, then it settles down.
Squirts up!

HBjet
07-31-2002, 12:54 PM
78Eliminator:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have your jet set up right, there is NO reason to even have a diverter at all......
JYour right. Also, like Wes has stated. You could run a PD and a stop. So you would be trimmed down when you roll it over on plane and when you stab the gas you trim up to the stop and hold on.
Wes, as for the Shadow packing less air then the Daytona, would that be due to the center of the Shadow being further back from the sponsons then the Daytona? Because other then the top design, and the "Wing" being further back, the bottoms are the same. I'm I wrong?
When you hit the NOS button, do you do it in the middle of a pass, or at the beginning when you hit the gas?
Thanks
HBjet

78Eliminator
07-31-2002, 01:02 PM
HBjet:
78Eliminator:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have your jet set up right, there is NO reason to even have a diverter at all......
JYour right. Also, like Wes has stated. You could run a PD and a stop. So you would be trimmed down when you roll it over on plane and when you stab the gas you trim up to the stop and hold on.
Wes, as for the Shadow packing less air then the Daytona, would that be due to the center of the Shadow being further back from the sponsons then the Daytona? Because other then the top design, and the "Wing" being further back, the bottoms are the same. I'm I wrong?
When you hit the NOS button, do you do it in the middle of a pass, or at the beginning when you hit the gas?
Thanks
HBjetI think at WOT is the only time NOS comes on. I think the switch on the wheel is just an arming switch to hold down and there's another one by the pedal to make sure you're at WOT. For a performance run I don't see why you would wait. It would be on the entire time from the holeshot on (just like a drag car, right?).
I want to see PTL's setup and probably copy most of it myself. I'm glad he tested it for me and didn't throw a rod or rattle it into submission..... Anyway, I'm sure I'll see you guys out there the ladder part of this season. At least I hope to. I might even try to get RD to do some camping with me out at martinez but I wont hold my breath!
J

Hallett19
07-31-2002, 01:04 PM
HBjet:
[QUOTE]
[qb] Do me a favor, don't try to answer questions you know nothing about.
HBjetDo ME a favor... stop playing tunnel hull God. And by the way, I didnt have a phocking tape measure following Wes or Jerry measuring the roost. Relax
[ July 31, 2002, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Hallett19 ]

Froggystyle
07-31-2002, 01:06 PM
I think there is overall less air entrapment surface on the Shadow than my old Daytona. I have not compared the two side by side with a tape, but the feeling is that it is not trapping as much air, but remains more stable. My Daytona felt all aired out by 70, where this feels more like 80.
We are drilling the NOS at full speed. Running it to full throttle, and hitting the button. This was the first run with it, and I wanted to keep close tabs on the plugs, nitrous mixture and fuel mixture. Our biggest problem was running too high of an octane for this engine. We wanted to err on the safe side, and were running a 117 octane VP C-16 mixture with AV gas. In retrospect, we will be now running a smaller bullet tank for the nitrous fuel lead to feed off of, and have 110 in that, with regular 100 octane in the tanks for the normal mixture. I think we fouled some plugs due to the too-high of octane mixture. Lessons learned. At least it wasn't too lean!

78Eliminator
07-31-2002, 01:07 PM
Hallett19:
HBjet:
[QUOTE]
[qb] Do me a favor, don't try to answer questions you know nothing about.
HBjetDo ME a favor... stop playing tunnel hull God.Everyone stop here and do a group hug (myself not included)

78Eliminator
07-31-2002, 01:10 PM
Froggystyle:
At least it wasn't too lean!That's no kidding!!!! About that time is when the weakest link breaks. Better hope that engine (and I know nothing about Merlins) has 4 bolt mains, studded head fasteners, o-ringed deck and one heck of a head gasket.

Froggystyle
08-01-2002, 08:46 AM
Here are some pics of the system...
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/jerry2.jpg
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/jerry1.jpg
[ August 01, 2002, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Froggystyle ]

stressedout
08-01-2002, 08:55 AM
Looks Good nice and clean....
Hope the nos brand solonoids don't give you as much trouble as we've had. Watch your bottle pressure they don't like over 1200#. Nos solonoids are the same ones used in pop machines. We went with compucar brand and have never had anymore problems.

HavasuDreamin'
08-01-2002, 09:06 AM
STV_Keith:
Damn dude, you ain't drivin' my boat! :)
I do trim up more initially to get the boat to air out, then bump it down as needed once the speed comes up and you start packing more air in the tunnels.[/b][/QUOTE]
Yeah, I do the same. Thumb is always on the down button at speed. For all you who thought I was serious with my previous post.............please!
Tunnels are cool! Nice work Froggy. That is a nice ride! :cool:

Froggystyle
08-01-2002, 09:06 AM
I hope they don't cause problems as well. These are a little overkill for the system, as they are the Cheater solonoids, but in any case, I will never be buying a complete kit again. I hardly used any of it. I used all SS hard lines, flared them all with AN fittings, used our own braided feed lines, our switches, our hoses, our brackets, etc...
The only thing we really used was the bottle brackets, the bottle, the solonoids and the baseplates. Lesson learned.

STV_Keith
08-01-2002, 09:24 AM
Setup looks great! I'm sure that should give it a big kick in the pants.
BTW, if you need nitrous stuff, lemme know...we are a Nitrous Express distributor here at work.

Hallett19
08-02-2002, 01:23 PM
Is nitrous express the ones in the purple bottle?

78Eliminator
08-02-2002, 01:33 PM
Hallett19:
Is nitrous express the ones in the purple bottle?Hallett you sick ****ER!

HBjet
08-02-2002, 01:39 PM
Hallett19:
Is nitrous express the ones in the purple bottle?No, your thinking of ZEX Nitrous for imports.
http://www.zex.com/Information/Catalog/Images/1.jpg
Nitrous Express are in white bottles.
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/ART/products/00010L.png
[ August 02, 2002, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

HBjet
08-02-2002, 01:44 PM
double post
[ August 02, 2002, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

HBjet
08-02-2002, 01:52 PM
My favorite NOS system is by Pro-Flow/Wilson Manifolds.
http://www.wilsonmanifolds.com/sm6.jpg
HBjet
[ August 02, 2002, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

rivercrazy
08-02-2002, 02:10 PM
Why is it not on your boat then? hehe
HBjet:
HBjet

HBjet
08-02-2002, 03:00 PM
rivercrazy:
Why is it not on your boat then? hehe
HBjet:
HBjetIt will be when I race Slowy.....
And I don't have 6k for that exact setup right now.....

STV_Keith
08-02-2002, 03:12 PM
I KNOW it can be reproduced cheaper than that. Get a list together and let me know what you need.

PICKLEtheLOAD
08-02-2002, 03:13 PM
justin, you roll me! hallet19, wha happen to your knotty avatar? put it back! :p

HBjet
08-02-2002, 03:14 PM
STV_Keith:
I KNOW it can be reproduced cheaper than that. Get a list together and let me know what you need.That's carbs, NOS setup, and sheet metal manifold......how much cheaper?

STV_Keith
08-02-2002, 08:07 PM
Dunno about all of it, but I can get you the nitrous stuff for pretty cheap.

Kwicherbichen
08-03-2002, 11:51 PM
Wes, nice job! Jer's system really looks clean and fun.
Just a thought, I think your Daytona might have aired out at a lower speed than the Shadow because of weight. The standard layup Shadow is kinda heavy, but then again PTL's boat wasn't built to race. Just a guess?