PDA

View Full Version : Javalina Cantina...Havasu

Rod-64
07-06-2003, 10:57 PM
I saw the sign was lit when I was fishing under the bridge....Anyone try it? Any comments?
[ July 07, 2003, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Rod-64 ]

El Chingon
07-06-2003, 11:06 PM
Went there A few weeks ago with the wifey and 6 month old son. Food was OK. Asked the hostess if there was a changing table in the restrooms. She told me that "they don't serve children". What the heck does that have to do with not having changing tables in the restrooms? Funny thing is as you walk in and look at the outside menu they have a kid's menu posted. Go figure. Won't be back anytime soon.

LUVNLIFE
07-07-2003, 03:38 AM
Me and the wife go to the one in Sedona Az. when we are in town, it works out all right. Good drinks and good beer. wink

Floatin'
07-07-2003, 07:05 AM
We tried to get in 2 weeks ago when we were in town but the line was about 20 deep waiting outside. Noway am I waiting for over an hour for Mexican food. We ended up at Juicy Noodles and that was excellent food and service.

AZKC
07-07-2003, 07:27 AM
Mall food :( A Chilli's with tacos. Good atmosphere, so so Mexican food. But then I'm kinda spoiled being from Tucson :D
Oh yeah its spelt with a J not an H... smile_sp wink
KC
[ July 07, 2003, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: AZKC ]

gmocnik
07-07-2003, 07:33 AM
javelina cantina was average...maybe just new restraunt "learning curve"...owned by shugrues (best food in havasu) they should get it right eventually...
in my opinion, the planners/developers should be kicked in the nuts for that corner of the channel...fugly condos, another structure (hotel???) that will block the restraunts view, and no convenient access from the water....
for years i drove right by juicys thinking no way a restraunt in a hotel could be any good but it is really good italian....

SCUBA STEVE
07-07-2003, 07:52 AM
tried to make it there Thursday night. An hour & half wait. So we ended up at in & out. :D

riverracerx
07-07-2003, 10:01 AM
We called in our reservations 20 minutes before we got there and got seated within 10 minutes. Everyone else was quoted 1 and a half hours, and there were empty tables??
I had the steak fajitas and they were awesome (maybe I was just starving by then?) Everyone else said the food was average. My strawberry margarita was mediocre at best. The place looks nice inside and the patio has a pretty nice view.
They definitely have some growing pains and I think overall they will improve. Our waitress was super nice too!
Oh, and the fugly condos are being repainted as the city has officially deemed them fugly as well!