PDA

View Full Version : Shasta Cat Attack - Follow-up

BiggusJimbus
09-08-2003, 10:19 AM
Well, it was a beautiful weekend on Lake Shasta.
Lots of beautiful boats. No serious breakage. Some impressive speed runs.
More Nitrous was used than all the Dentists in California could use in a month.
A great time was had by all (as near as I can figure). Wayne and family were very generous with their boat and friendship, as was Boatmaster (Drew) and frankly, everybody.
I'm a bit disappointed at the boats I missed pictures of. Kaitsu took a lot of pictures, so once I can unload his camera, I will post more.
Now, on with the show...
Let's just call him MC Wayne...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795MC_Wayne.jpg
Club Boatmaster. Lots of merriment on Friday night. strangely subdued on Saturday night...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795Club_Boatmaster.jpg
The view up the speedway...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795Speedway.jpg
Phil's boat... One mean ride. (I'll refrain from calling him Miyagi until I know him better. Cool guy, though, thanks for the lift)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795Phil_s_eliminator.jpg
Segregation. Inboards on the left, outboards on the right...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795Eliminators.jpg
The question is...How does that Old OMC survive life in this extreme small block?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795Keith_from_Redding-med.jpg
Beneath the hatch of MC Wayne. Looks like this blower is available for any interested parties...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795Wayne_s_current_motor.jpg
Beneath of hatch of Robbie Racer. This was with the 8 lb pulley. For Sunday, he switched over to the smaller pulley. It was 12 or 14 lbs at that point, I don't recall exactly...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795Zell_Motor.jpg
This clip doesn't do it justice...but this outboard bringing great joy to it's pilots...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795Wacker_Run.AVI
Got one more movie... But it's for a new message...
Sorry I didn't do a better job on the pics. We'll just have to do this again and I'll pay more attention. I see a few great boats that I didn't do justice to. Hulshot's, for one, but the Mirage triplets and Ed's (I believe) Eliminator come to mind.
Jim.

BiggusJimbus
09-08-2003, 10:32 AM
Sunday Morning, after some had left and other's had gone off for a cruise somewhere, Got the opportunity to take a ride with Robbie Racer in his Carerra.
This boat is setup for speed right now. He and Hulshot both had issues getting the props to hook up with more than the minimum load, but that was never actually the point.
Keith took me and my friends from Finland for a ride up the McCloud arm and we were joined by Don in his American Offshore NSX 2600.
On the way back, Where the channel opened up, we were going into a nice steady 7 or 8 mph headwind with a perfect foot or so chop on the lake. There were no rollers for as far as the eye could see, and Keith asked if my friends would like to going the 100 MPH club. I told him that I was sure they would, although, I later remembered that Wayne had taken care of that task the previous day (Thanks again Wayne!).
I figured Keith would get us up to 108 or 110. But once he got there, we had miles of lake left, he just kept in it.
Bottom line, 5 people in the boat, 128 mph on the GPS Gauge.
This movie was taken at a bit of an angle, so it is a bit tough to see, but viewing the guage dead on, it was an honest 128.
That was just an amazing ride.
(Sorry, had the wrong movie posted earlier...)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795KZ_Speedo.AVI
[ September 09, 2003, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: BiggusJimbus ]

hulshot
09-08-2003, 02:11 PM
It was fun to meet peps from the boards again. Dont worry jimbus it is not the first time my boat was left out. Better kept top secret anyways. We had a great time partying with everyone and boy did that 2 stroke blender get a work out on Friday
Keith thanks for the ride, next time you can jump in with me to see what a slow boat feels like. I will just get a cd of a top fuel boat making a pass and we will drive around with that cranked up loud.
So Keith how does it feel to be the king of Shasta for the Cat attack??? You should leave your mailing address so the trophy can be sent to you, hehehehehe!!!!
thanks to everyone for opening up there houseboats to our fellow boaters for this fun weekend.

Robbie Racer
09-08-2003, 03:17 PM
Jim and hulshot are right on about it being a fun weekend at Shasta. There were some very fast runs posted over the weekend by many of the boats that attended. It was great to meet some new faces from the forum and see some familiar ones once again. A big thank you to Rocket Man for organizing this event and to Jim for the great pics and to Boatmaster for allowing me to tie up next to his houseboat on Sunday. Hulshot, what are you talking about "slow boat" my ass. 119 mph is also hauling the mail in my opinion. I think for Shasta Cat Attack II, you ought to remove some of your stereo equipment to reduce the weight by 500 lbs or so and you could probably pick up another 10 mph. :D

RACER52
09-08-2003, 03:51 PM
WE'LL I WAS EXPECTING ROCK-IT MAN TO HAVE THE FIRST POST AFTER ALL I HAD READ PRIOR TO MAKING THE TRIP UP THERE AND HEARING HOW PROUD HE IS OF HIS RIDE. BUT MAYBE HE WAS HUMBLED A LITTLE LIKE THE REST OF US WHEN KEITH MADE HIS RUNS.
GOTTA GIVE IT UP TO THAT 257, IT LOOKS LIKE A FUN RIDE. ALSO WAYNES 26 LOOKS PRETTY COOL. ALL OF YOU BOAT GUYS ARE A GREAT BUNCH.
AS FAR AS GAS ON THE OLD VICIOUS RUMORS BOAT, IT WAS A PLENTY.(and there was some nos also)
DENTISTS BEWARE. AFTER WE ALL SAW THE INCREASE WITH A LITTLE HUFF POWER I HAVE A FEELING THERE WILL BE A SHORTAGE OF THE FUNNY STUFF SOON.
DONNY BOY THANKS FOR ALL THE RIPS IN YOUR HOWARD, GIVES US ALL INCENTIVE TO GET BACK TO WORK AND FINISH OUR OWN BOATS. 119===GOD DAMN LETS SEE WHAT THAT EQUALS DOWN HERE ON THE DELTA?????

BiggusJimbus
09-08-2003, 04:00 PM
And kick a couple of your buddies out too. :D :D :D
I could swear I got more pics of your boat, but I didn't often walk through back where your boat was tied up.
The guys in the know have already hassled you about proper steering, so you've heard enough about that, but if you could have stayed in it longer, then you probably would have significantly broken that 120 mph mark.
There was some crazy belt troubles going on this weekend, that's for sure. A hell of a lot better than a bunch of broken drives or blown bearings. Overall, a pretty reasonable parts budget for the weekend. And that's a good thing.

BiggusJimbus
09-08-2003, 04:19 PM
By the way,
My take on Wayne's ride is...
It's beautiful, inside and out,
It's pretty damn reliable for the animal it is..
It's a beast. I love the sound of that thing making a speed pass 500 yards away.
Maybe next time we can be a little more organized when we set up for the speed passes. Make sure that we don't have any houseboats or knuckleheads posing a risk to the drivers or themselves.
On the other hand, it was cool to have a reason to run to the top of the hill every hour or two to see who's out there playing.
The Saturday afternoon ride up to, well, wherever it ended up was a great ride in the Stoker (I'm sorry, but I forgot your name). That boat was running strong in some of the uglier water you can get on that lake. It was tough for me to pretend I was relaxed doing 85 - 90 through that stuff in a 22 ft. boat. It's a shame that such a small problem killed the end of the ride. However the taxi back with phil certainly measured up to it's billing.
One thing I learned for any future boats I build. Have a backup for any automatic hatch system in case you lose power. I guess it's not something you think about until you have a power dump.
Also KZ, Don suggested that I ask what your RPM was during that Sunday pass. As you were long past the marks on the end of the speedo, might be able to ascertain the final number by the tach. I sure as hell wasn't looking at it.
[ September 08, 2003, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: BiggusJimbus ]

Robbie Racer
09-08-2003, 04:45 PM
Jim, the recall tach indicated 6400 RPM during that 128 mph (long) pass. (The recall only measures in 100 rpm increments so it could be off up to 50 rpm). I wasn't watching the big tach during the run. I just did a prop slip calculation and according to my numbers it was 15% slip which was the same as the shorter run I made with Don and Randy earlier in the day when we ran 125 at 6300.

acatitude
09-08-2003, 10:22 PM
A great weekend indeed. had a great time watching you fast cats go. Hey Drew or Don, can one of you give me the info on who wanted to look at my landcruiser, as I never got his info. Thanks. And let me know when your going out on delta again, I only have till oct 31, then its drydock time. We may do the poker run this weekend at delta and the fleet run next month I think it is.

spectratoad
09-09-2003, 08:32 AM
I wish I could have been there. Spent the weekend gutting new house. But I did have the boat sitting out front in case I got tired of working on the house.
Ken, How did the boat run? You will have to come up and check out the new homestead. It is a little more than we anticipated but it will be nice when we are done. You keep that landcruiser much longer I may have to buy it.

Rock-it man
09-09-2003, 10:49 AM
Im Here,Just mulling over what happened !!!!I NEED more power and when a want becomes a need it happens !!! YEP keith kicked my butt ,remember though that I never get even I get AHEAD !!! cause now Im gunning for YOU !!!!!. Hulshot tried to sandbag me but it didnt work !! hehehe !!!!! but 119 was a respectable run for sure,you should have kept your little secret to yourself cause now everbody will be running juice !!!! I had a great time and as for partying BOATMASTER RULES great way to end the summer,Just one more big run for me at the Hot Boat event in havasu on Oct 25 ,130+ is the goal.HP350 that stoker really ran great just a little more power and watch out,sure were a bunch of those pesky little weed whackers there maybe boatmaster will have one there next year to mix the RITAS with hehehe !!!!Lets make it a bigger deal next year maybe a poker run or a shootout or both ,Thanks everyone for a great time.
ROCKIT MAN

Boatmaster
09-09-2003, 12:06 PM
Finally got to air my 56ft tunnel out on the way back in to the dock, me, Phil and Doug got in a close run back in to the marina!!!! 4400 on the tach was every bit of 8mph!!!! :D All in all it was great to see all and close up the houseboat for the winter with a weekend like that. I will keep you all posted for a delta hooky day, I'm thinking early October. Any thoughts lets hear it. Anyone got any pics of the bar on the roof of my boat from Friday night? I heard it was a great time!

Boatmaster
09-09-2003, 12:22 PM
Somebody help my dumb ass view the video please. Video screen comes up, but it says something about not being able to find a decompressor. Thanks :confused:

BiggusJimbus
09-09-2003, 01:13 PM
The codec you would need is part of DirectX 8. If you are running Windows XP, it should be there. If you are using an older version of Windows, it would need to be installed.
It would be nice to find a quicker and smaller way to get it to work. I'll look a little further for a way to just get the necessary codec on your machine.

Rock-it man
09-09-2003, 01:24 PM
Hooky-Nooky on the delta ,sounds good When-Where ,what time etc,will need to get a room somewhere close by , would like to run once more before the havasu run Oct 25 ,maybe even a rematch with Robby Racer gotta get this thing dialed in or else !!!!! Think ill try the hulshot special !!!!!!either she goes or blows !!!!!! hehehe !!!!!!! ROCKIT MAN

stoker2001
09-09-2003, 03:42 PM
whos pisspot ride is this that radared 115 without poweradder,doesnt seem fare with less then 25k investment!! http://www.***boat.com/photoreport/44/932.jpg

Robbie Racer
09-09-2003, 03:51 PM
Drew, the weekends of 10/4-10/5 or 10/11-10/12 would work just fine on my end for a delta outing. Wayne, no rematches until next spring. I'm pulling the big motor out for a refresh in 2 weeks. I will only have my small spare motor in it until next spring. frown

BiggusJimbus
09-09-2003, 04:11 PM
Hmmmm.
A "REFRESH" eh?
Somehow, I bet it's not such a cut and dried project as that. On the other hand, I can't imagine an engine that is much more stout than yours that is as civilized.
Next spring is going to bring out the beasts, once again.

RACER52
09-09-2003, 04:20 PM
Small spare motor??? who does this guy think he is?? Comes up to the lake, kicks some ass, comes back and pulls her out and puts another in. j/k
Keep that motor fresh, we would hate to see you drop a cylinder and only have 1000 ponies.

stoker2001
09-09-2003, 04:21 PM
use to have poweradder,ex nawsy P9090001.JPG cant seem to get pic to post

Rock-it man
09-09-2003, 04:38 PM
A REFRESH HUH !!!!!! Ya right !!!!! well im doing the same thing !!!!!just a tune up !!!!seeing how your now the king of the lake you may GLOAT !!!!!for the next 7-8 months and then it will be time for the Spanking of your life !!!!! hehehe !!!!How about ODDS on a matchup race next year !!!! Maybe you should use both motors cause you is going to need them !!!. How about a name for this grudge race next year we can plan an event around it, Shasta or the Delta is OK by me !!!!! I always saw dont get mad get AHEAD !!!! ROCKIT MAN

Boatmaster
09-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Awfully big talk for the second place loser cry !!!

HP350SC
09-09-2003, 05:03 PM
Hey BigJim-great job on the pictures.My videos didn't turn out too good as not enough zoom on camera.Rated you a five for the swim between boats! That was as smooth a ride as you get at 90 in 22' boat! Should be lots more fun with a blower!Weird how a battery could do what we experienced huh?
Rock-it-man...We took home a bucket of that "sticky water"to splash on your bow at the Portland poker run!!!j/k Tell Sharon thanks for helping cook for everyone.
Hulshot-I should of bummed a ride in your boat so I could feel the nitrous hit,looked impressive from the hill.By the way,whats with some of the daytonas racing for 10 seconds and backing out of it.That's not racing,that's acceleration! Anyone could prop down and do the same thing,but why? It's all about top end for me,who gives a f..k how fast you get there. Acceleration is just a bonus if your top speed is good.
Anyway,it sure was nice meeting everyone and thanks for the tow from the outboard couple-sorry didn't get your names and glad water pump was o.k.!
And thank you for the tow from the pump boat also,I thought we were gonna get on a plane there for a minute!
P.S.BigJim-It was Mike (and my wingman Cliff).
Boatmaster- Was considering joining your party Fri. night but was having fun chatting with Wayne and Dennis and his crew. Excellent sounding stereo and choice of music. What kind of speakers were they? Besides the houseboat, do you have a boat currently? One of those Mirage tunnels with a 300 would make a nice lifeboat on "vicious rumors"!

Robbie Racer
09-09-2003, 05:15 PM
Hey Wayne, knowing you............ I wouldn't be too surprised to see you show up at Shasta next spring with a bad-assed F-29 with twin 1200 hp motors in it. I will still always be available for a good grudge match even if I know that I will get spanked. Until then I will keep the trophy nice and shinned up for you over the winter. :D

Rock-it man
09-09-2003, 05:52 PM
RR---- That would be two against one NOT FAIR I wouldnt do that to you !!!!!! will just run this old toad till I sell it next fall then maybe an F29. Make sure you use Maguires on that trophy.My sister makes trophys so she is making you one and will send it !!!!!! e-mail me an address and will post a pic for all too see. I consider myself the first looser at least im not the second or third loser hehehe !!!!!! Now im motivated !!!!!!!!
Even my wife says you cant let that guy get away with that !!!! and with a women behind you watch out !!!!!! ROCKIT MAN

BiggusJimbus
09-09-2003, 06:30 PM
For the time being, I'll just sit here in last place and watch the show (Top speed, 56.8).
When things come together, I'll find a way to play. For now, I'll just enjoy what I've got. I've certainly had a great summer with it.
Thanks for the ride Mike. I love your Stoker. It is really a sweet setup. Once I started to get over the initial terror of that small boat at that speed in the big water, I could see playing in a boat like that for a long time.
[ September 09, 2003, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: BiggusJimbus ]

stoker2001
09-09-2003, 07:10 PM
heaven forbid,an exwhaker naws junky!! http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=310746

BLEWBAYOU1
09-09-2003, 07:52 PM
Small spare motor??? who does this guy think he is?? Comes up to the lake, kicks some ass, comes back and pulls her out and puts another in. j/k
Yes it's a smaller motor,it only does 120+. Boy would I like to have that small motor. I have been 110 GPS in it with that small motor going up the sac river to old town for lunch. And that was with five of us in the boat this last winter.The water was realy flowing down stream,so we were doing 115+- water speed,if that counts.LOL
Way to go Keith,I'll bring over the Meguiar's ,you have to keep that trophy in good shape if you want it to last a long time.LOL
Brian & Little Lacy
P.S.Hi Maggie :)

Robbie Racer
09-09-2003, 08:14 PM
Rock-it-man you are all right. I will PM you with my address so you can mail the trophy. It can be a perpetual (is that the right spelling) type trophy where each year it gets passed on to the winner of the event. That winner gets to keep it until they get beat at the next event.
Thanks Brian for the offer on the Meguiar's. I will borrow it from you the next time we get together. I want to keep that trophy nice and shiney over the winter while sitting on my fireplace mantel. :D Say hi to Lacy for me. R/R

randy77zt
09-09-2003, 09:36 PM
i had a good time in my my 4 seat carpet cruiser mirage.mr racer -i didnt expect the e-tickit ride .i would have been happy with just a cruise at 80 or so.i was too busy watching the gauges and listening to the blower whine (backseat center)to look up.thanks very much for the ride.next time i will bring more gas and props to try.

BiggusJimbus
09-09-2003, 09:47 PM
A couple of pics from Shasta trips earlier this year.
A better pic of Robbie Racer's ride...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795RobbieRacer_June-med.jpg
And Boatmaster, I was telling you that I took my boat all the way up the Pit River early August. Now, we did pull it up the last couple hundred yards, as we walked up the river, but this is the pic I took that day...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795PitRiver.jpg
I'm thinking that River Wild boat would have stopped in about the same place.

hulshot
09-09-2003, 10:14 PM
I checked out my slip numbers and found they were 15-16% at the higher speeds. not bad for a grocery getter. hp350 you have one bad STOKER. oh, and the music you were hearing for a long time while everyone was on the top of boatmasters boat was comming from the slowest boat on other side. Maybe that is why I am only 0-3mph slower than Rokit-man, and he has 60 cubes over me, and our boats weigh the same, humm, damn steering belts I was still climbing when the belt jumped. Wayne go figure I was only running 9pounds of boost and my motor was still fat and happy with only 30 on the timing. There is some more left.I say I have at least 750hp. Do you think that another 3pounds of boost would have gottin me to 125 before you???? Robbie-Racer your small motor is still bigger than mine is. Oh, when we went out with the 3 of us the blower was at 14 and the tach recall was at 6400 on the digital readout.
I need to get a good labbed 32 like rockit mans. thanks for letting me play with some props this weekend guys it helped me figure where my motor is at and what r's it likes. I better figure out a way to get that trophy to my house for a while. I guess I have all winter to wait until the last minute again. thanks for th help racer-52 I had a good time sitting passenger while you drove.
Lets see some more pics, or videos....

hulshot
09-09-2003, 10:19 PM
Hey what happend to Slobnotties new boat??? Did the black 21 scare him away??? I thought he brought it out to run. Phil was ready to go.

Rock-it man
09-10-2003, 07:47 AM
hulshot,I think with a little more boost and good conditions you could hit 125. The run I had made before Keith I was at 122 and climbing,I screwed up the run with Keith as I switched to 110 fuel not thinking that without ajusting the timing I would be too fat and lost 5 mph ,will not make that mistake again.I think we can both get Keith so now it will be two against one hehehe !!!!!!Now the whole world is gunnin for Keith --------
After seeing how well the little secret of yours worked I plan on using it at Havasu to break 130 there or maybe on the delta if anything gets set up there before. ROCKIT MAN

Robbie Racer
09-10-2003, 07:52 AM
Hey Jim, thanks for the nice pictures. Seeing your boat that far up the river and that close to the rocks makes me miss my jet boat. :cool:
Don, thanks for the correction on the tach recall. Thats one problem about getting old. :( That bumps my slip up to 16% on that short run but still 15% on the longer run. It sounds like the slip numbers are just about the same on our two boats. The 100 rpm increments in the recall tach may throw this data off just slightly.
Rock-it-man, how do these slip numbers compare with yours with the 4X4 drive? R/R

HP350SC
09-10-2003, 12:21 PM
Rock-it-man-I think you'll need 3 carbs and the juice to clinch the deal. I'll bring some Portland water down to Shasta too 'cuz it's slippery as hell!

Rock-it man
09-10-2003, 12:33 PM
The slip compares close using the 32 lab prop it was 122 @ 6000 19% slip -need more speed to raise it , using the 30 lab at was 122 @ 6200 16% slip so that means I really need more rpm to get the lab 32 up to 6500+ which it should with a shot of juice or just a more efficent blower and innercoller.I could get the props modified to get more bow lift becouse as you saw there I ran flat at any speed which would increase the speed but I really like the stable feeling of running flat ,the bow would not come up with any trim setting even when it came out of the water a little it was still flat on reentry ,I will want this at 130-140 if I can get there ?? I think 130+ is doable but anymore will just have to wait and see how the boat handles as it may loosen up a lot more at 130 ,will be trying it soon !!!!the hull is capable ,the question is , is the driver got the B--- to do it ????????? or maybe hire Keith hehehe !!!!If he beats himself in my boat does it count !!!!!!!!!!!!!Hey !! Hulshot ill share a couple secrets as long as you dont tell Keith so we can put him in THIRD place where he belongs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROCKIT MAN

jackpunx
09-10-2003, 12:39 PM
HP350SC:
Rock-it-man-I think you'll need 3 carbs and the juice to clinch the deal. I'll bring some Portland water down to Shasta too 'cuz it's slippery as hell! HP,
how did the stoker handle?.. sounds like you guys all had a great time

stoker2001
09-10-2003, 12:44 PM
slobnotti,don?where did that come from?IMO he had one of the nicest rides there,and when he learns to drive that beasty all alum 670 inch elim ,phil might have to hand over dragking crown!! http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=311235

HP350SC
09-10-2003, 01:01 PM
Jackpunx-Ran great until battery shorted internally.Looked to be original batt.-got an optima now.I thought it handled great for 1 to 2 ft. chop Sat. afternoon.Was totally controllable but yeah pretty aired out! I'm really watching your buildup closely to see the results.What mods are they doing to the drive? Seems a nose cone might be required.

HP350SC
09-10-2003, 01:06 PM
By the way,the guy with the outboard radared me at 96mph while I was racing a 21'Laveycraft w/alum. SVO 460 and another outboard. Not 100% sure it was me but I got there first. I did have to roll start the outboard as they nail it out of the hole.Not too anxious to hurt outdrive just yet, just figuring this boat out. Really sucks not having a trim indicator, will have to address that too.

jackpunx
09-10-2003, 01:31 PM
HP350SC:
Jackpunx-Ran great until battery shorted internally.Looked to be original batt.-got an optima now.I thought it handled great for 1 to 2 ft. chop Sat. afternoon.Was totally controllable but yeah pretty aired out! I'm really watching your buildup closely to see the results.What mods are they doing to the drive? Seems a nose cone might be required. I’m going with a total XR upgrade.. GT Performance is not a big fan of the nose cone on this boat..He said that some boats need it to load the prop and it covers for a lack of efficiency from the hull. I guess we don’t really have that problem.. Al told me that a shorter drive would give me another 3mph.. But I would loose hole shot.. (we wakeboard and ski a lot) so it wasn’t a big concern to me.. I should be over 107 when they bump my rpm's up.. I’m really excited.. I will keep you posted.. Now all I need is a new speedo.. Do any of you guys have any experience with the handheld GPS?..
[ September 10, 2003, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: jackpunx ]

Boatmaster
09-10-2003, 03:16 PM
Rumor I heard was Dean was not ready to run Phil yet and was kind of blown away with Phils talk. I would have to agree, with some set up and seat time Phil may have trouble hanging with Dean. Sould make for a good race next year, Phil's boat runs hard. Dean's boat sure did look bitchen!

jackpunx
09-10-2003, 03:17 PM
HP350SC:
By the way,the guy with the outboard radared me at 96mph while I was racing a 21'Laveycraft w/alum. SVO 460 and another outboard. Not 100% sure it was me but I got there first. I did have to roll start the outboard as they nail it out of the hole.Not too anxious to hurt outdrive just yet, just figuring this boat out. Really sucks not having a trim indicator, will have to address that too. HP,
I think I asked you this before.. but can t remember.. what is your gear ratio, prop and rpm at that speed?.
As far as the info on the nose cone.. all I really know is that they told me it wouldn’t give me all that much.. They spouted out some reasons why I didn’t really need it.... Have you heard any different?.. Let me know.. I would like to get everything done at once.
Mark

HP350SC
09-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Jackpunx- gear ratio is 1:36..prop is a used and possibly fixed or reworked hydromotive 4 blade.It is not stamped but Pacific Power Boats said they believed it to be a 27p. Didn't check rpm on that run,but usually indicates 5250. I did bump the timing up before that run, just a half-assed attempt to get a little more speed. I have seen excellent results switching the thunderbolt V to the Crane HI-6M on a friends boat,and I'll need to change ign. setup for a blower anyway so thats going on soon. I understand my outdrive has a somewhat smaller torpedo than base bravo,but was told by Pac. pwr. boats a nose cone would help over 90-100 mph? If you can afford it, why not get the upper XR with the IMCO lower? You need to bring that bad boy next year to run a couple Daytona's.

Rock-it man
09-10-2003, 04:15 PM
HP350,I have an extra lower bravo with a nosecone in the shop I got it from phil a couple years ago but after distroying the orig bravo went to an IMCOand never put it on, so its here if you want to try it first before you buy and ill sell it too .I hope you have Hyd Steering to the helm becouse if you dont and loose a power steering belt at high speed your done for especilly in a small boat .Theres a lot of things you need when you get to 100mph,I use a handheld gps for a backup and it woorks great ,get one that will pick up 6+ sat so you get good readings and it reacts faster than the one in the boat .Ive been racing for a long time and believe me its not worth your boat or your life so do it RIGHT and NO shortcuts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on setting up your boats for 100+ .its a great feeling when you get there and you know its safe and Right.The only thing I would really like to see is mandatory life vests on everyone as a lot of boats there didnt wear them ,if you noticed I make everybody wear them if I was going to exceed 70 mph no exceptions !!!!!I will even have a helmet now that I expect to exceed 125 soon !!!! Just my two bits worth !!!!!! ROCKIT MAN

HP350SC
09-10-2003, 04:46 PM
Rock-it-man...Not hydraulic yet,PPB has a used WPM they're taking off a Nordic this winter that will be going on before a blower. Yes, we all wear life jackets on speed runs. I have LAUNCHED off a yacht wave I didn't see around 80mph and I thought we were done for. In the air 2 seconds,stern came down first,then front slammed down but luckily didn't submarine through next wave.Would have knocked us out if wall of water came over the bow I think.As it was,went from 80 to 5 mph in 1 second or so it seemed. Total dumb-shit driving on my part,didn't see waves forming. I'll contact you about the lower unit. Did it have the smaller "torpedo" (like the HP) before the nosecone?

tunnelboat
09-10-2003, 07:49 PM
HEY DON ITS SLOBNOTTI , I DONT KNOW YOU,BUT IM SURE YOU JUST MADE A TYPO ON MY LAST NAME.I DIDNT BUILD MY BOAT TO RACE ANYONE SPECIFIC I JUST WENT UP THERE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH SOME BUDDIES.IF I DIDNT HAVE A BAD CARB I WOULD OF TRIED TO WEAR THE MAIN BEARINGS OUT ON THE MOTOR WIN/OR LOOSE.HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE LAKE SOON DEAN
[ September 10, 2003, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: tunnelboat ]

acatitude
09-10-2003, 08:24 PM
Damn this trash talking is good for making more trip plans. I still need the address of your friend who wanted to look at landcruiser Drew??? oct when for river? lets go. yea tunnel, Don is just a bad speller. lol Hey Dean Bring it out to the delta for a weekend. See ya around here or folsom. Still looking for 540/572 good price only or Keiths spare, lol.

jackpunx
09-11-2003, 09:31 AM
Rock-it man:
HP350,I have an extra lower bravo with a nosecone in the shop I got it from phil a couple years ago but after distroying the orig bravo went to an IMCOand never put it on, so its here if you want to try it first before you buy and ill sell it too .I hope you have Hyd Steering to the helm becouse if you dont and loose a power steering belt at high speed your done for especilly in a small boat .Theres a lot of things you need when you get to 100mph,I use a handheld gps for a backup and it woorks great ,get one that will pick up 6+ sat so you get good readings and it reacts faster than the one in the boat .Ive been racing for a long time and believe me its not worth your boat or your life so do it RIGHT and NO shortcuts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on setting up your boats for 100+ .its a great feeling when you get there and you know its safe and Right.The only thing I would really like to see is mandatory life vests on everyone as a lot of boats there didnt wear them ,if you noticed I make everybody wear them if I was going to exceed 70 mph no exceptions !!!!!I will even have a helmet now that I expect to exceed 125 soon !!!! Just my two bits worth !!!!!! ROCKIT MAN I totally agree.. I try to wear my life jacket whenever I I go above 75 as of a few weeks ago.. Well except for this past weekend.. I need to be a little more consistent with that.. I, like HP350 hit a roller at about 75 up at Naci.. the left sponson came down first and spun my boat into a stop.. I have a gas pedal and a left foot pedal to hold me in.. I saw it at the last min and braced myself. But it scared the shit out of me.. I am all about seat time and looking a little further ahead.. I ask a lot of questions about driving techniques.. Just trying to stay open minded… I have about 40hrs on this boat (first tunnel).. my ass puckers at 90+.. I don’t ever want to be to comfortable going that fast.. I have duel hydro steering and the boat is set up for speed.. After doing the math.. the boat should be (I'll just say faster then 100mph)if (when)I have the balls to get it there..
I got an PM from another boater on this board.. He was looking out for me by telling me to ask questions, wait until I get enough seat time (over 100 is a whole different animal in a small boat).. and not to push myself to keep up with the guys on the boards that are at 100+ .. My point is that I appreciate all the info I get on the boards. and I’m totally impressed when someone goes out of their way to look out for another boater.. (Very cool) .. But don’t get me wrong.. I will be on the next trip and will run with you guys.. as a matter of fact.. We will be at the Heat wave.. (With the new upgrades) Ready to rock..
All info and/or advice welcome here
Thanks
Mark
[ September 11, 2003, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: jackpunx ]

Boatmaster
09-11-2003, 10:11 AM
Ken sorry for the late reply, Pete is my brother-in-law his # is 916-719-0693. He also lives in Disco Bay but is in Sac alot for work. Give him a call. Sure is alot of people with there pantys in a bunch after last weekend. I love talking smack now that I am boatless :D All kidding aside I hope its all taken lightly, can't wait for the next lake trip everyone on these boards are always welcome on my houseboat!

acatitude
09-11-2003, 11:20 AM
Thanks Drew, yea its all in fun and everyone should know that. YOur new daytona looks great Dean, used to race ya at cfw a couple years back. Let me know when and where for the delta, like I said all the girls(if you guys would bring some) can sit in my cruiser and watch the racing. mmmm great idea see ya

RACER52
09-11-2003, 03:09 PM
SHIIII NIIING!!!! argue

hulshot
09-11-2003, 05:46 PM
Dean/Tunnelboat, that was not a typo it did exactly what it was supposed to do and that was to get you up on the boards. So welcome abord. I have meet you numerous times at CFW, I have talked to you about you Lavey and your friend with the 502 that he sold to my friend. You probably dont remember. I figured it would get some reponse from you since most have only heard of you through the buisness, which I have spent half of my earnings there. Nothing bad meant by it.
so any way you do have a nice ride. alot of us have heard of it a wanted to see it, but we still cant tell peps how it did. I do think once you get it dialed after some trial and error you will get Phil, and that is only due his boat set up. Heck I have seen that Lavey eat up alot of flats. Now that you now have posted and are going to hopfully be on the boards we will all have to go out and hang, there is quite a few from the Sac and surrounding areas. So please dont take offense to it, I will intro myself again when we meet on the water.
So when is the day on the delta.
Stoker2001 who are you? Like the boats, if you have one would love to check it out.

tunnelboat
09-11-2003, 07:15 PM
HEY BLOWN CARRERA I THINK I TALKED TO YOUR DAD ON THE BRIDGEBAY BOAT LAUNCH FRIDAY ,DO YOU HAVE A SOS STICKER ON THE BACK OF THE BOAT? IS YOUR BOAT ALL WHITE 25 OR 26 FT CAT ???? HEY HOLSHOT WHICH BOAT IS YOURS THE HOWARD WITH THE SCOOP ON THE HATCH ??? JUST TRYING TO PUT A BOAT W/EMAIL ADDRESS DEAN
[ September 11, 2003, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: tunnelboat ]

Nor-Cal
09-12-2003, 06:09 AM
Dean (tunnelboat) turn off your caps lock.. your yelling at everyone :D
Oh yeah, welcome to the boards wink :D
-NC

hulshot
09-12-2003, 08:50 PM
I second that welcome. good to see you on here. I have the Howard with the scoop. Not a flashy boat just clean I think. Hey is that Kevin that is Stoker2001??? lets post some more pics of the trip I know they are out there.
Rockit man how is the video coming I would like one if possible. I have had too many boats that I have no idea how they ride because my buds are too busy drinking and watching or taking still photos. I want sound and action. Also how much for a prop as identical to the one I borrowed from you Rockit, the 32 lab?

Rock-it man
09-13-2003, 09:54 AM
Hulshot a lab 30 from Teague costs 895.00 plus shipping ,if you buy a new std 32 and send to The Propeller Co in havasu they will lab it for 300.00 thats what I did.My son is editing the Video ,will have soon. Looking forward to havasu and will be trying the juice next week at Shasta before Oct want to make sure it works as good as when you used it,.Wont need it next year as will have more than enough power. hehehe !!!!My focas will be on Keith and getting into the high 130s.the attitude of the boat seems good and the drive seems to take the power ok so guess its now up to the motor !!!! ROCKIT MAN

HP350SC
09-13-2003, 10:27 AM
O.K. now I'm sewered. I've had my Stoker for a month and was feeling pretty good about it,and along comes a 23' Cougar MTR that my friend Cliff just bought(for the same price)and this thing KICKS my ass. 110 mph at 6000 rpm and pulls HARD. Motor is a stroked 454 to 496,B&M 420 w/dual 950's,studded heads,all Lunati internals,etc. This was with my 27p hydromotive with a 1:36 ratio. Seemed to have excellent torque and no trouble hitting the 6000 rpm. Was squirrely arond 100mph then settled down as we accelerated. The boat is a '97 in mint condition and included nose cone,WPM steering,and a shit load of other options as well.All for 23,000 and a '97 Gayliner in trade!

Rock-it man
09-13-2003, 02:39 PM
Sounds like another contender !!!! woop-e-e-e-e-
!!!!!! Just a bit more power and Phils history, isnt it the pits when everyone is GUNNIN for ya !!!! hehehe !!!! Id hate to be in Keiths or Phils shoes hehehe !!!! cause the Northern boys are are on there way .Maybe we should have a trophy for the Big Kittys and the itty bitty kittys !!!!
Hulshot you had better loan the juice to Kieth !!!! ROCKIT MAN

hulshot
09-14-2003, 03:59 PM
Nah, I am going to take it off. I dont need it anyway. I dont have the same money that you do. I willstay with the small motor of mine and run regular gas. It is stil good for 110+. I just did it to play for the weekend. If I went any faster it will be with the motor. Rockit keep me informed on the tape. I want to show the wife. Where are more pics of the weekend????? Racer52 you had a digital camera.
=

acatitude
09-14-2003, 04:52 PM
Drew, Don lets get a date for the delta run set. I think the bay poker run is the 11th. Lets get it set and where to meet.

hulshot
09-15-2003, 08:28 AM
Shamless, the 11 of oct? is that a Saturday. Let me know so that I can work on mine the day before like normal.

Nor-Cal
09-15-2003, 09:08 AM
hulshot:
Hey is that Kevin that is Stoker2001??? Yes, Stoker2001 = Kevin K.
-NC

Nor-Cal
09-15-2003, 09:17 AM
hulshot:
Also how much for a prop as identical to the one I borrowed from you Rockit, the 32 lab? Hey Don, we have a new labbed 30 you can try.. Just give me/us a call and we can meet up at the lake or something...
-NC

hulshot
09-15-2003, 09:22 AM
hey Nor-Cal, I forgot about you 2. I would like to try it and I also have a broken prop for you to fix.. I may go out this coming weekend. I will call if I can remember where I put your card. Thanks.

hulshot
09-15-2003, 09:24 AM
never mind I just saw the number onyour post. doohhh

Nor-Cal
09-15-2003, 09:26 AM
hulshot:
hey Nor-Cal, I forgot about you 2. I would like to try it and I also have a broken prop for you to fix.. I may go out this coming weekend. I will call if I can remember where I put your card. Thanks. The shops phone number is on my sig.. but i will give you my cell number (feel free to pass it out to any hot single chicks LOL) :D 213-4051
-NC

acatitude
09-15-2003, 06:56 PM
Hey Don where ya going this weekend?

BiggusJimbus
09-15-2003, 07:48 PM
OK...
A word of warning.
You are limited to 8 pics in a post.
I found out the hard way. My pain is your education.
With that said...Robbie Racer sent me some photo's to post. Good ones.
Here they are...
Cat cage match...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795Robbie_and_Rocket_man_1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795Robbie_and_Rocket_man_2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795Robbie_and_Rocket_man_3.jpg
I snuck in on this one...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795Robbie_Rocket_Jim_9-03.jpg
Slick Lavey and ultra rare Eliminator wink
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/79522_Stoker_and_21_Daytona_9-03.jpg
Big Cat...Little cats...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795Cats_tied_up_9-03.jpg
Great shot of Hulshot. Glad somebody got your back on that one...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795Don-hulshot_9-03.jpg
OK...
Next post...

BiggusJimbus
09-15-2003, 07:51 PM
...couple more...
Small cat w/ sharp claws...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795Outboard_hot_rod_9-03.jpg
Sunday speedo pic. Clearer than my movie...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795128_mph_speedo_pic_Shasta_9-03.jpg
Can't wait for the next trip.
Jimbus.

acatitude
09-16-2003, 03:28 PM
Yea my gps does that every time i turn the key on. lol. good job Keith, One more delta run soon before oct 31 insurance deadline.

Boatmaster
09-16-2003, 04:36 PM
I'm I the only one that finds it funny that all Kieth's pics are of him in front, even at an idle! :D As soon as I get this house deal closed I'll set up the delta day. May even have a new boat by then. :rolleyes:

Robbie Racer
09-16-2003, 05:35 PM
I told my girlfriend that took the pics, to throw away all the ones where Rock-it-man was out in front. :D
So, when are we going to do the delta get together?

Rock-it man
09-16-2003, 06:38 PM
I bet he used the reverse function in photo shop !!!!!!!!Enjoy the pics cause you will never see that again hehehe !!!!!Will try to make the delta event if it doesnt interefear with the Hot Boat event in Havasu on Oct 25.If all goes well you will be reading about it in Hot Boat soon !!!!!!!if the delta deal comes first maybe keith can get a real ride of his life hehehe !!!! ROCKIT MAN

BiggusJimbus
09-16-2003, 07:13 PM
Hmm. Lots of giggling there.
Strange things are afoot in Grants Pass.

Boatmaster
09-17-2003, 06:23 AM
Friday the 10th or 17th, any thoughts?

Robbie Racer
09-17-2003, 10:21 AM
Both of those dates will work for me. R/R

Rock-it man
09-17-2003, 04:08 PM
Are we talking just a day outing or what !!!!!!I would like to test the boat at sea leval but its a long ways down there depending where you are going to meet,its 6 hrs to stockton for me .If I could make it ,it would have to be the 10th as im leaving for havasu on the 23 of oct and two weekends away at once may not work if its the 17 ,but dont plan anything around me as im unemployable and undependable !!!! hehehe !!!!and besides it would only make RR mad and he would have to go home and find some more ponies for next years Shasta Spanking Party !!!! ROCKIT MAN

acatitude
09-17-2003, 09:57 PM
Us working folks have a tough time making the 10th if its a friday , but weekend day would work for me, but if its the 10th then i'll probably have to pass, but we will catch yea another time.

hulshot
09-17-2003, 09:59 PM
Either day will work for me also. I just need to fix a slight belt problem.
Hey Rockit how is the tape coming along??
Keith did you get the motor taken out and redone yet?
I am so lazy I have not yet uncovered mine from this last trip yet. Hell, I cant keep up with the cubic dollars being spent with you guys so why try. I still need a prop. N.C call me..
Boatmaster now what are you looking at? new house, new golf cart, new boat, boy I need to find a better job. Are you hiring?
Tunnelboat are you going to make it?? Tunnel - T get the flattie running!!!!! I told the wife that if I get rid of the boat I am going to get another flat, she laughed, wonder what that means?

randy77zt
09-17-2003, 11:51 PM
the cruiser mirage will get a wash and wax this weekend.if i had a bigger boat i would never get it clean.probably be out in delta this weekend.the weather is great this time of year.

Nor-Cal
09-18-2003, 07:12 AM
hulshot:
I still need a prop. N.C call me..I did call ya, you never called me back :p :D
hulshot:
Tunnel - T get the flattie running!!!!! I told the wife that if I get rid of the boat I am going to get another flat, she laughed, wonder what that means? ...flattie? what did you end up buying?
-NC
[ September 18, 2003, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: Nor-Cal ]

Robbie Racer
09-18-2003, 10:21 AM
hulshot: I'm towing the Carrera down to Costa Mesa on Sunday (spending part of the day watching the boat drags at Bakersfield) to pull the motor on Monday. If everything goes according to plan we should reinstall the Peto motor Monday afternoon and finish it up Tuesday morning. I should be back home sometime Tuesday night all ready for the following weekend. There is a V-drive BBQ event of some sort up at the Stockton ski club that I got invited to on the 27th, so hope to attend that. Then on Sunday (28th) there is a LBBA/Banderlog group get together at Steele Park at Lake Berryessa that we plan to go to also. I think Ken plans to also attend the Berryessa get together on that Sunday. If you have the belt problem fixed by then, you ought to come out and join us. R/R

Rock-it man
09-18-2003, 05:14 PM
When is the Berriessa lake deal is it sept or oct ?? .Just got all my price quotes to make this motor do what I want it to ,WOW !!!!! do they like there stuff ,not sure if $ 11,000.00 is worth 10 mph,I know speed costs but wheres the limit!!!!!!!!!!!! ROCKIT MAN

acatitude
09-18-2003, 06:18 PM
rocket you will find the limit on the right hand side of your check book register

Robbie Racer
09-18-2003, 10:37 PM
Rocket, their are a couple of Berryessa events happening still this season that I know of. The first is by the LBBA/Banderlog folks for a one day trip on Sunday, September 28th. Ken and I plan to go to that one. It's a laid back affair with mostly jet boaters with just a few other types of boats attending. The second event is another one day event on Saturday, October 4th and is being put on by the V-drive guys. The attendance there will be 90% V-drive boats with a few other types of boats as well.
Now, quit complaining about the cost of going fast. You know you have got to do it. :D

Rock-it man
09-19-2003, 03:49 PM
Well !!!! gotta do something about some more speed right now !!!,just got off the phone with Hot Boat Mag ,I have to be in Havazoo on Oct 23 a couple days before the Hot Boat sponcered poker run, so they can get pics and info for a feature on my Datona 26.I HAVE to be over 130mph or else !!!!! ,not enough time to change blowers and such so will have to try something else,wonder what will work !!!!! hehehe !!!!! The Blower Shop and IMCO said go for it so guess I will I know the motor will take it guess the question will I be able to,Dont want to break anything before the run so im going to test at Shasta once then save the rest for havasu,so no Delta run this time need to save whats left in drive wear for the big run.,hope ya all understand and if ya dont TOUGH !!! Im thinking 135 mph that would make my day !!!!! ROCKIT MAN

Robbie Racer
09-20-2003, 08:02 AM
Rocket, have fun at Havasu. I would think that you should have great air conditions for max power with the low humidity and relatively cool temps in late October. That alone could give you as much as 5 mph over what we saw at Shasta. Then if you bump up the boost to 14 psi or so, I think you would hit 130 with no other additional changes. Good luck, R/R

Rock-it man
09-20-2003, 08:29 AM
RR ,I have it at 12 lbs now and am afraid to go anymore as I think the blower is taking 500-600 hp to turn now and the blower shop said I may not see much more power if I bump it up any more..Were going down early and will make some runs without help and some with help so we can get a good base line for then and the future .I think it will run close to 5 mph faster there in Oct .Really want to make a good showing for the Mag,so will be ready for anything !!!!!!! ROCKIT MAN

Rock-it man
09-21-2003, 08:53 AM
Anyone in Havasu willing to be a chase boat on Oct 23-24 ,I will be making a speed run there for Hot Boat Mag and will need someone to take there rep out to verify the 135mph run hehehe !!!!!I will be there Wed night and will be tuning for the run Thur and running thur or Fri AM when the air is good and good water without crowds,will let you know which day hat boat wants to film. Then will be there for the poker run on Sat . Thanks ROCKIT MAN

Robbie Racer
09-24-2003, 07:18 AM
Are any of you guys running piston oilers in your motors? We just got my motor apart and found out that the bearings and valve train look fantastic. But, the piston bottoms look to have seen a lot of heat. (Probably from those 5 mile runs at WOT). That's probably why the rings got cooked and caused it to start using oil. DNE is going to install "piston oilers" now so that the bottom of the pistons get sprayed with oil to cool them off for those long WOT runs. Since the valve train looks so good, he thinks we can get away with a more agressive cam and still get good valve train reliability. Yeah!!! :D

Hustler
09-24-2003, 08:44 AM
Keith I saw you motor get torn down yesterday and could'nt believe how good everything looked, the bearings looked almost new!! but you did have a little heat in those piston's eek! Thats got me thinking about the way I'm going to drive my boat with the new motor :rolleyes: :D

Robbie Racer
09-24-2003, 02:18 PM
Yeah, I'm really impressed with how well all of the engine components held up. I hope the new piston oilers help control the piston heat as I sure would hate to give up racing the outboard boys from one end of the lake to the other. :D

DogHouse
09-24-2003, 02:25 PM
RR, do you run ceramic coatings? Those would help with the piston heat issue.
-brian

Robbie Racer
09-24-2003, 02:36 PM
Brian, yes the pistons were coated and you are right in that it did help. The pistons seem to be just fine but they still transmitted a lot of heat to the rings. Keith

Hustler
09-24-2003, 03:27 PM
You know Keith I'm pretty sure the inside of that motor was cleaner than the outside :D :D

Robbie Racer
09-24-2003, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I didn't do a very good job of keeping it clean did I? Oh well, it will look pretty again when Dave gets through with it. :D

Hustler
09-24-2003, 03:48 PM
Shit!!! thats an expensive detail job eek! :D

Rock-it man
09-25-2003, 07:14 AM
RR ,now I know your secret !!!!!---Piston Oilers huh !!!maybe I should try that when I freshin up my motor this winter . WOW !!!! I just hooked up to broadband, we finally got it up here in indan country ,no more smoke signals ,at 1.5 its fast !!!! Got the motor all ready for Havasu and ordered the new blower so after Oct 25 my 1471 and superchiller is for sale $$$$$ ,hope the winter goes fast so we can meet up again next spring ,cause im ready for PAY BACK time hehehe !!!!If all you rich californians keep comming up here so I can build houses for you I can aford to play with ya all !!!! hehehe !!!! ROCKIT MAN

Robbie Racer
09-25-2003, 12:13 PM
Rocket, congratulations on getting on broadband. It's way cool compared to dial up huh? Yeah, now you know my secret. I have the piston coolers in my Peto motor and when Larry refreshened it last year, he didn't see any heat related damage to the rings at all. I think they are a good idea for anyone with a high horsepower big block motor that wants to stay at WOT for more than a minute or so. R/R

Rock-it man
09-25-2003, 06:01 PM
Think ill use the oiler when I freshen the motor this winter ,we talked about doing it before but just didnt get around to it.gotta get a new computer to go along with broadband as im still using windows98 ,want something as fast as the boat !!!!!!!!cant get off this thing today its so much fun now with no wait time ,wonder when i can get faster than 1.5 hehehe !!!! seems im never satisfed having toooooooooooo-ooooooooo much fun in my second child hood !!! hehehe !!!!!! Getting excited about Havasu on Oct 23-25 have to meet Hot Boat on Thur before the Poker Run Starts to do my thing , Have fun on the Delta ROCKIT MAN

hulshot
09-25-2003, 08:05 PM
wow I thought that a piston cooler was when my block cracked and it sprayed water all over the pistons, oh well so much for me knowing about engines.
If I get brave this winter I may tear into mine as well and see if I can dig out some more ponies. Keith your motor sounds like mine, I am still on the standard bore after 6 plus years, and the same pistons. I guess something is right, although I dont have the same power as both of you.
I may call down south to inquire about some changes, I hate triin to keep up with you guys, my wife especially dislikes it.
Hey Rockit I have givin up on you and the video. Have you installed the magic gas yet?? Keep us informed on the numbers. Hopfully you have stopped burning the plugs out of your motor.
whos going out on the 10th??
I need to buy a bigger drimmel set to bore out the cylinders.

Rock-it man
09-26-2003, 08:07 AM
All installed and ready to go ,think ill wait to run it till havasu ,its tested and working along with a new high speed retard modual,will be running 110 with it,going down with empty tanks and will buy 20 gal there for the run ,the system I have is 250-350 for the dual carbs so using the 350 just for a little edge,have a progressive modual to run this, will have it hit at 10% and take 4-5 sec to reach 100% so its easy on the drive.Should be an exciting ride.My son is working on editing the video as it came out real shaky becouse of the digital zoom couse we were out in the lake so far,need to run closer to shore next time for better pics.Theres a lot more ponies in your motor just takes a little more $$$$$ Bigger is Better !!!!!!!!cubic inches rule !!!Now its time to wax this thing ROCKIT MAN

hulshot
09-28-2003, 09:52 PM
must be nice to have all sorts of money

Rock-it man
09-29-2003, 07:09 AM
Dont have tons of $$$$$$ just been at it a little longer than you,keep your nose to the grindstone and save ! save ! save ! Hull Shot when I was your age I didnt have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of . Your way futher ahead than I was at your age guess its cause it s easy to get rich in California the land of opertunity !!!!!!If I was starting over I would be there too , cause every time I drive through LA or any of your big cities all I see is a GOLD MINE so just make it happen and go get some !!!!!!!!!!!! Theres Gold in them there hills !!!!!!!! ROCKIT MAN

acatitude
10-01-2003, 08:34 PM
Hey Don and Drew We re planning on being down by disco bay area sunday if yu guys are gonna be around. Ken

hulshot
10-07-2003, 09:18 PM
Sorry Ken I was there but I was looking at houses. I will be there this weekend also doing the same.
Has anyone heard from Rokit-man on his speed runs yet?? Keith are you going to make it to the day on the delta on the 17 th??

Robbie Racer
10-07-2003, 10:00 PM
Don, I lost track of that event but I can make it on the 17th. Who all is planning on being there for that day? Where are we meeting at?

Rock-it man
10-08-2003, 06:52 AM
Hulshot ,wont be making any speed runs untill havasu it will be on Oct 23 at the hot boat poker run in havasu ,im ready its tested and ready to rock !!!!!! ROCKIT MAN

Boatmaster
10-08-2003, 07:31 AM
RR the group is growing quick. Ski Beach at the end of Woodward outside Disco. I need to work on a customers boat in the early morning, but will be good for breakfast at Orwood by 9:30 or 10.

Robbie Racer
10-09-2003, 01:51 PM
Boatmaster, sounds good to me. I will plan to meet you for breakfast at Orwood between 9:30 and 10:00.
Rocket, Good luck at Havasu for the poker run. R/R

RACER52
10-09-2003, 02:19 PM
sounds like a good okie taco breakfast with a mary or two. See ya guys there

RACER52
10-09-2003, 02:27 PM
I told the guys at Gator Marine that we should try and have my boat in the water for this. There wasnt any response. HMMMM Wonder if that means NO?

Boatmaster
10-09-2003, 04:10 PM
Get that thing running and I'll leave the Sun Tracker at home!

Robbie Racer
10-13-2003, 07:45 AM
Well, I may have broken the shift mech. in my outdrive yesterday. It's stuck in forward even though the shift handle (and cable) move freely. I'm going to try and take it in this week to see if it is a simple fix. Maybe the other end of the cable came loose in the drive and can be reattached easily. If that's the case I will see you guys at Orwood Friday morning. If not, I will try and catch you at the next event. R/R

hulshot
10-13-2003, 09:21 PM
Keith, thrash and get it out there Friday. Did you put in the big motor or the small one, hell, the small one is still bigger than mine. I wont start working on
my steering until thursday night. all you need is a forward gear anyway. reverse is for slow boats like mine. I did not think that B-Max drivews had many problems but you have had a few now. Whats up??

Robbie Racer
10-14-2003, 06:55 AM
Hi Don, hopefully it will be a simple fix and I can still join you guys on Friday. My fix it guy is on vacation until tomorrow so I don't yet know when he can see me. Since I'm his most frequent customer, :( he tries to make room for me as quickly as he can. I still think the B-max drive is the most heavy duty stern drive you can get despite a number of problems that I have had. I'm working on getting a new stronger vertical shaft and prop shaft so that may cure my most reoccuring problems. I still have the 580" Peto motor in it for now. I like the extra fuel economy that 2 carbs give me vs the 3 on the DNE motor. :D
Hope to see you Friday morning. R/R

HP350SC
10-14-2003, 10:44 AM
RobbieRacer- economy!LOL! Hey maybe this thread can last all the way 'till next year! See you then with a little more power on the Stoker. What did you find out about your coupler? Seems like a thick flat washer under each bolt might help distribute the load around the bolts and reduce stess cracks.

Boatmaster
10-14-2003, 02:00 PM
RR what's the the good word are you fixxed?

Robbie Racer
10-14-2003, 04:05 PM
HP, that's a good idea about using a big flat washer under the bolts on the drive coupler. When we swap back to the other motor, we are going to "double drill" the flywheel and the coupler to double the amount of bolt surface area. That should help also. How much more power are you adding to the Stoker?
Boatmaster, I'm still not fixed yet but should know something by tomorrow afternoon if my fix it guru can fit me in tomorrow. I will keep you posted. R/R

hulshot
10-14-2003, 09:19 PM
Get crackin..
what was done to the stoker??? it was alredy a bitchen ride. Hey if you got any more speed ideas throw them my way, I need all the speed I can get. I love to feel my checks behind my ears when I run.

HP350SC
10-15-2003, 09:17 AM
Whipple 3.3,dominator,XR gears and 1:25 ratio,single WPM steering are all in the works. Hey hulshot,stop beating up on yourself.That Howard is a nice boat and a helluva performer for a "low buck" deal...that says winner in my book!

Boatmaster
10-15-2003, 10:22 AM
BigJim where are you? Are you going this Friday?

Boatmaster
10-15-2003, 10:22 AM
BigJim where are you? Are you going this Friday?

jackpunx
10-15-2003, 01:14 PM
HP350SC:
Whipple 3.3,dominator,XR gears and 1:25 ratio,single WPM steering are all in the works. Hey hulshot,stop beating up on yourself.That Howard is a nice boat and a helluva performer for a "low buck" deal...that says winner in my book! Are you going for the nose cone?

HP350SC
10-15-2003, 02:34 PM
Jackpunx-Not yet,besides,I'm waiting for you to be the guinea pig! j/k. I need to call you and get the model # of that 1050.Wondering if it's the s/c marine version? 905..97? (off the top of my head).Have to look at holley site again.Also would like to know what,if any mods. they did to the carb.Sheesh I'll prolly want pictures of how the cooler pickup and lines are plumbed as well.

jackpunx
10-15-2003, 02:41 PM
HP350SC:
Jackpunx-Not yet,besides,I'm waiting for you to be the guinea pig! j/k. I need to call you and get the model # of that 1050.Wondering if it's the s/c marine version? 905..97? (off the top of my head).Have to look at holley site again.Also would like to know what,if any mods. they did to the carb.Sheesh I'll prolly want pictures of how the cooler pickup and lines are plumbed as well. NP.. I called on the nosecone/ shorter lower unit. Its about 2500 with trade.. Not sure I’m in a rush to do it.. As long as its safe to keep it the way it is.. I’m not going to be breaking any speed records .. So I’m cool for now. Let me know when your ready to chat and I will take the pics your looking for. Also.. You can call GT performance and ask them any questions about the Carb.. They built it for me and I’m sure they would be happy to pass any Tech-type info along.
Mark

Robbie Racer
10-16-2003, 01:30 PM
Good news. It was only a broken end on the shifter cable. I had a spare cable so I'm back in business. See you guys tomorrow morning around 9:30 or so at Orwood for breakfast.
Hey Don, my buddy Al may be contacting you regarding your experience at Shasta when you lost your PS belt. He is trying to decide on if to go with cable to the helm or full hydraulics to the helm with his new HTM. I suggested that he ask you since you have more experience in that area than I do.
R/R

Boatmaster
10-16-2003, 03:44 PM
Glad to hear it see ya there. Is Al going with his old boat? Glad to hear he is getting the HTM.

Robbie Racer
10-16-2003, 03:49 PM
No, he's not going. He has to do a little work on it tomorrow and the weekend to get it ready to sell to make room for the new boat.
Hey Ken and Jim are you guys going to make it out tomorrow? Keith

RACER52
10-16-2003, 03:50 PM
Sounds like its gonna be a good shin-dig. We have a mobil command post to do our runs past(i.e 50ft houseboat). The guys over at Gator Marine are going to have the que going in the after noon when were all ready to parkem and hang. See you all there.
For those that will be arriving late, the island of choice is at the end the R.R. tracks near Bullfrog. Between ski beach and the Island you should be able to find us. jawdrop

Rock-it man
10-16-2003, 03:57 PM
sounds like you all are going to have too-oo-oo-oo
much fun while im at havasu for 4 days but ill try and live with it hehehe !!!!!! dont break anything major as that Robbie Racer is MINE next spring hehehe !!!!! now its almost time to leave for Havazoo ROCKIT MAN

BiggusJimbus
10-16-2003, 04:04 PM
Sadly, Not me.
I have 2 big proposals that I have to finish. Probably take all day tomorrow and Saturday. Then, I have a meeting Sunday. So, a no fun weekend.
On the other hand, good proposals means more boat money. So, good motivation.
Jim.

Boatmaster
10-16-2003, 04:14 PM
Can't wait sounds like fun!!! I have to prop out a bass boat in the morning, I will be on the water at 6:30am. I will be launching at Disco with mine at 9-9:30.

hulshot
10-16-2003, 07:19 PM
good to hear it Keith. I will see all at 9-9:30 tommarrow at Orwoods. Dont be late for cocktails.

Robbie Racer
10-19-2003, 07:12 AM
Don, how did it go after I had to leave (water in the drive problem). How many boats made it out? I'm bummed. I dinged up my good lab 30 prop when I got too close to the bottom when we started out. Would you check with your buddy that I met to see if the offer is still open to try one of his lab 30 props?

Dr. Eagle
10-19-2003, 09:59 AM
Robbie Racer:
Don, how did it go after I had to leave (water in the drive problem). How many boats made it out? I'm bummed. I dinged up my good lab 30 prop when I got too close to the bottom when we started out. Would you check with your buddy that I met to see if the offer is still open to try one of his lab 30 props? yeah, I could not make it either, something came up and I had to deal with it.
I was also a smidge uncomfortable because the trim switch for my drive is whacked and I had to order one which I still do not have. you have to stand on one foot and touch the switch with your left index finger while looking right...you get the idea, it doesn't work woth beans. I hope to have that fixed this week. Anyway, if the weather stays nice, maybe we could hit the water again next weekend or something???? I'm going out to Folsom Lake today...
[ October 19, 2003, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Eagle ]

hulshot
10-20-2003, 10:28 AM
A good time was had by all that attended. Keith sorry about the water in the drive and the prop. There was about 9-10 boats that showed. I wish you could have stayed and injoyed the BBQ it was the bomb. They got a keg also. Thanks for letting me use the prop. No dings in it and still looks good. Yes that labbed 30 is still there. I did not get to use it do to now the alt belt breaking on my second run.
I have a hard time beleaving the radar that was used due to the inconsistancy of the numbers. For example. with a labbed 32 on the 1.34 gears at 5200 it was 99, at 5800 it was 102, and at 6300 it was 114. either the prop was weird or the gun was not all there. I did wrap the speedo to 120 at 6300 though but I cant back it up with the radar. 6300 at Shasta was 119 @ 3800 foot corrected elevation. I was hoping for the low 120's but who knows. My belt broke right after that pass.
I will get the prop of and back to you soon. Thanks again to Gator Marine and friends for the great party on the water. Lets do it again soon.

RACER52
10-20-2003, 11:58 AM
Just wanted to second that, and say thanks to all that showed up. Our next get together will have to be soon. The BBQ was a great time and the speed runs past the house boat were really fun to watch.
Keith sorry you had to retire early, wish we could have known so we could have brought you back to stay. Hopefully by next year Chris (the owner of the island) will have the channel dredged a little deeper. Thats the plan atleast
Boatmaster your new ride is sweet, one of these days I'm gonna go for a ride in a blender boat. And Don thanks for the great ride.
We'll get that belt problem fixed soon!!!
Thanks again, especially to Chris for having us all out to his pad.

Robbie Racer
10-20-2003, 06:21 PM
I'm so bummed that my drive started taking on water and that I couldn't hang with you guys for all the fun. I picked it back up today from the repair shop. My repair guy thinks the IMCO lower with the low water pickup is over pressurizing the block off thingy where it's disconnected (and blocked off) since I don't use it for motor cooling (but do use it for drive cooling). He thinks he has it fixed now. I hope to take it out this week to find out for sure.
Don, those sure are weird numbers coming back from the radar gun. I have to think you are a lot closer to 120 at 6300 than 114. That day my tach read 6300 at 114 mph with the lab 30 (1.30 gears). With that 32 lab, at 114 mph, my tach usually reads 6,000 even. Regarding the belt problem. You might want to talk to my buddy Al that I was telling you about. He was throwing belts in his jet boat at high rpm but did a good alignment procedure and now doesn't have that problem anymore. How can I get my grubby hands on that lab 30 before this weekend so I can give it a try? I don't think I can get mine repaired by then.

stoker2001
10-20-2003, 07:11 PM
hulshot,i would like to think the radar gun was cheating us,but i was turnin 8450 at 116 on the same gun.of course i am runnin 1.87 to 1 ratio.the water was glue sticky flat though.those damn humbling radar guns!!!!!.9:(

jackpunx
10-21-2003, 07:43 AM
Your running 116 in a Stoker?.. How does it act up there?.. My speedo stops at 100mph.. I’m sure I’ve had it up to 110 based on my RPMs .. but I let off.. Conditions were not right.. Just curious..
Thanks
Mark

stoker2001
10-21-2003, 05:26 PM
yusta have a stoker,now have a little pisspot mirage river racerhttp://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=310746

stoker2001
10-21-2003, 05:29 PM
and anotherhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/523/55wheeliemirage-med.jpg

HavasuBarney
10-21-2003, 05:35 PM
He would have only run 114 or 115 but it's that forward lean he has perfected thats yields that extra 1 ot 2 mph! :D :D

hulshot
10-21-2003, 06:39 PM
I am not upset at the numbers they just did not make any sense with the rpm's I was turning. Keith you can likly get that prop from Mark at Tru Pitch. 916 397-1126. Oh hell, I just have to much power and I was smoking the prop through the lights. Yeah, that's what I'll say, and I was dragging the chutes also.
Hey tunnel-t what happened to you motor?????
Drew that is one good looking boat, I just dont know what gauge to look at when I am sitting in it.
racer 52 I hope you are hard at work on the new ride. I am sick of breaking belts and want to go on rip with you.

stoker2001
10-21-2003, 07:27 PM
heard keith will tow up to folsom this sat to test tru pitches lab 30.i will be there to hold radar gun,folsom lake is only three minutes from my house.maybe i can get tognotti to come out

Robbie Racer
10-22-2003, 07:51 AM
Howdy Kevin, good to see you on the forum. Yes, I talked to Mark and the plan is to tow to Folsom on Saturday to test out his 30 lab to compare with mine. (If I get it back from the repair shop by then). I hope to meet him around noon. This all depends on how well my water leak fix works. I hope to take it out to San Luis Reservoir on Thursday to make sure I'm still not getting water in the drive gear oil.:mad:
Don, have you talked to Al yet to see how he was able to fix his alternator belt problem?
Hope to see you guys on Saturday at Folsom. R/R

stoker2001
10-22-2003, 02:47 PM
hey keith,we just missed you at the delta last friday.look forward to seeing you this sat,testing props is fun.i just got off of the lake testing a true pitch modified yamy drag prop that worked killer after they rolled leading edge and did some tip work!!lake is fun this time of year if you have a small boat!

Robbie Racer
10-23-2003, 01:04 PM
Kevin, I will see you on Saturday. My "water in the drive" testing session fell through today so I guess I will see if that is fixed on Saturday at the same time when we do the prop test. I'm looking forward to trying the Tru-Pitch prop. I hope it's not too smooth out there. My boat porpoises badly in flat sticky water. :yuk:

Robbie Racer
10-23-2003, 06:47 PM
Well, bad news. I got the chance to take the boat out to San Luis Reservoir late this afternoon and found out my water leak is not cured. I just cruised around at 40 mph for 10 minutes and see that water is already getting into the reservoir bottle. :mad:
So, I will have to postpone the prop test at Folsom until I get to the bottom of this problem. I wonder if anyone else had tried a IMCO lower on a B-max upper. Maybe they just aren't compatible. :confused:

Dr. Eagle
10-24-2003, 07:25 AM
Dude, that royally sucks. :( :(

Dr. Eagle
10-24-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by stoker2001
heard keith will tow up to folsom this sat to test tru pitches lab 30.i will be there to hold radar gun,folsom lake is only three minutes from my house.maybe i can get tognotti to come out
hey guys, let me know where and when you plan to launch I would love to hook up with you guys. I am about 2 miles from Folsom Point. I still have a flaky trim switch but I am gonna try to get it replaced today (just got it via UPS yesterday).

stoker2001
10-24-2003, 08:48 PM
sorry to hear it keith,come to find out i discovered an oil leak that will require complete disassembly of my powerhead.needed to go thru it anyway,just wanted to get through this awesome weather we are having:frown: :frown:

Robbie Racer
10-25-2003, 07:46 AM
Kevin, sorry to hear of your oil leak problem. Yeah, I was hoping to take advantage of a little more of this awesome weather too. Oh well, maybe we will get real lucky and get another weekend of good weather before it starts getting too cold. :)

Dr. Eagle
10-25-2003, 07:52 AM
Sorry bout all of those drive/lower unit problems guys...this may be the last good weather we will have for the year...
I will be going to Folsom later today and probably tomorrow... Good luck on the Mechanical issues.

acatitude
10-28-2003, 09:24 PM
hey eagle, I was kinda likeing that avator of christie t-boning fox.
bring it back bud.:D

acatitude
10-28-2003, 09:28 PM
ok i just had to redo something, where did this tahiti come from and how do i get rid of that thing?

acatitude
10-28-2003, 10:08 PM
ok kool

Dr. Eagle
10-29-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by blowncarrera
hey eagle, I was kinda likeing that avator of christie t-boning fox.
bring it back bud.:D
Yeah, I liked that one too. It wasn't mine though, and I don't remember whose it was. I loved that whole sequence of TV's RICK FOX getting an uppercut.

Robbie Racer
10-29-2003, 08:57 AM
Ken, nice avatar pic. How's the boat garage coming along? Keith

Nor-Cal
10-29-2003, 10:19 AM
<----------- are you guy's talking about this? :D
-NC

Dr. Eagle
10-29-2003, 10:43 AM
yep!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

acatitude
10-29-2003, 06:33 PM
thats so kool, christie t-boning him. Garage is basically done keith, just paint and pour cement . Boat will be in this weekend.
Oh and that avatar, its the camera angle, I'm really ahead of that big 35 jaq next to me, lol

hulshot
10-29-2003, 10:11 PM
Ken I can tell you are out in front by a long shot. You have got him covered by a long way.
well it looks like the boating season is now over for many of us and it is now time to think about how we can make them better for next season. I am thinkin more power, drive and props. I have a long way to go to keep up with Rockit. It wont happen but I will have a good time blowing up, uh, I mean breaking shit, uh, I mean triing. So nowwhat can we do to pass the time during the winter months?
Keith will the lower unit work with your drive or will you sell it to me if it will work on mine?
So Tunnel-T I hear the egg beater done blowed up on you. I didnt think that was supposed to happen. Heck I will settle for a broken belt over a smoked motor any day. I have to harrass you for all the shit youve given me about the big blocks.

Dr. Eagle
10-29-2003, 10:24 PM
Guys I am not keeping up with any of you with my small block. But I plan a bunch of projects this winter, mostly getting the boat wired properly, maybe an exhaust system and some minor gelcoat work. What is it about boats and wiring issues?

Robbie Racer
10-30-2003, 10:39 PM
hulshot, something weird is going on with my water in the drive oil problem. I swear when I took it out late last week for a quick test run, I saw water in the reservoir water (added about a quart to the total volume). But today, I took it back in to the shop that does my maintenance work and they drained the drive gear oil and found NO water in the oil. I am totally baffled as to how this could happen. So, I'm going to take it out again this weekend and now that I have my good 30 lab prop repaired and test the new lower unit to see how it performs. With the cooler weather, it needs to run at least 120 with decent water conditions to be as fast as the old one. I will keep you posted. I hate mysteries. :confused:

Robbie Racer
11-02-2003, 06:12 PM
Well, I took the boat back out this afternoon to San Luis Reservoir in 58 degree air. I now think I must have been seeing air bubbles or something else besides water in the drive oil. I changed it and I think it's okay now. I'm a little dissappointed in the new IMCO lower drive. I was only able to get it up to 118 (with the 580" Peto motor on pump gas) despite 600' air quality and pretty good water conditions. With the Bravo lower and the WPM nosecone, I was able to do 119 with 2600' air at Berryessa last month. The 2000' air quality improvement should have made something like 50 hp difference but still it slowed down by 1 mph. With the same lower drive unit, it should have picked up 2-3 mph. Oh well, back to the drawing board. :confused:
Burrrrrrrr.......... it's pretty chilly out on the water with 58 degree temps at 118 mph. :eek!:

hulshot
11-05-2003, 08:27 PM
Hey Keith I guess the lowers dont work the same on all boats. Is that one on loan or did you buy it. I will try one someday soon. I am going to try to sell my boat this winter. Pass the word on if you know of any buyers shopping for a Howard. If I dont sell it than next year it will just have to go faster. Did you get a chance to try the 30 from Tru Pitch? I am curious on how it performed.

Robbie Racer
11-06-2003, 09:16 AM
Don, I bought that IMCO lower and since it's still faster than my Bravo Shop lower spare, I will keep it and try to sell the Bravo Shop lower unit. I have't got the chance to try the Tru-Pitch prop yet. If the decent weather window opens again, I will still try to do that in the near future. I will keep my ears open for anyone looking for a good 26' cat and advise them to contact you. What are you thinking of for your next boat?

hulshot
11-06-2003, 10:53 PM
I am not sure yet, maybe a 18 foot runner bottom of some sort and a 21/22 daytona with a motor like Phils.

Rock-it man
11-08-2003, 09:11 AM
Hulshot -----those arent boats thems puddle jumpers !!!!!!! Buy a real boat !!!!

hulshot
11-08-2003, 10:54 PM
Yea, but then I can have 2 instead of one. And my roots are with the flats. It is goig to be very hard to part with it if someone picks it up, but some day I will eventually get either a 30 Howard cat, with twins, or a 30-36 foot skater with twins. I love the hard accelleration of a flat but I also like the long top end runs with the big cats. See in a flat I will run anyone in the delta, because alot of them are into quick accelerating down the straight aways, Hell I can do that in a small boat. If it is alittle windy I would bring out the daytona to handle the wind chop. my only problem with the flat would be to get the wife to let me get one, minor setback.

Rock-it man
11-09-2003, 11:09 AM
OH ! PLEASEEEEEEEE !!!! Ask the wifeee -are you the Man of the house or the MOUSE of the house,do your pants zip down the front or the back hehehe !!!!She will get over it !!! so lets all order SKATERS and get a discount...... ROCKIT MAN

hulshot
11-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Hell I dont mind wearing a skirt, as long as she lets me play when I want. I need to sell the Howard first befor anything else. once it is gone and the house is mine and settled in, then I will think about a new boat or even a used one