PDA

View Full Version : What I hate about Jet ski's

el_jefe
09-03-2002, 09:13 AM
This is one of many things that I hate about jet ski's. I find a spot to anchor my boat, set up canopy, ice chest etc. I am about relax, play with my kids, and have a beer, then all of a sudden a groups of jet ski's come speeding along 10 ft. from my boat and then I have to stop everything to ensure my kid's safety, and then I have to re-anchor my boat.
This really sucks, I had to this this all day long at Mojave over the labor day weekend.

Livin Large 27Hallett
09-03-2002, 09:18 AM
Bastards!!!!

Lakemead1
09-03-2002, 11:41 AM
I have to agree. It really pisses me off when we're anchored up at Hot Boat Beach on Mead and the lake lice come flying up right off the shore with their big ass wakes right behind, hardly even paying attention - bastards. What's even worse is when you get one of the big heffer's on it throwing 4 foot rollers at ya!

HotHallet
09-03-2002, 11:48 AM
I had them criss crossing my wakes at Mead on Labor Day weekend and it was the one time I really wish I had a place diveter. It's so irritating the way they think they rule the water ways. I'm stoked they are outlawing water maggot vessels on Mead and Mohave. Maybe now everyone who owns boats can relax. Hey LakeMead1 I am down in Boulder all the time now at my folks new house so look me up next time you are down there. Next weekend is the ski Races. Are you going?

HM
09-03-2002, 11:49 AM
I am telling you, paint ball guns are the anti-PWC we all need. We should designate colors for refference of their stupidity:
Red = cut accros your bow
yellow = intentionally getting too close to anchored boats or boats picking up skiers
black = getting to close to a boat underway
white = playing too close to the back of your boat in your wake
blue = basic stupid manuevers without regard to surroundings
green = just because you hate PWC's
any combination of the above.
When you see a PWC with these markings, you will have some clue to what they might do!

Lakemead1
09-03-2002, 11:53 AM
HotHallet, were you out at HB Beach on Saturday or Sunday? I just may have handed you a RRX Poker run flyer if you were.
When are the ski races? Where?
Check the forum over at www.lasvegas***boats.com (http://www.lasvegas***boats.com) for our trips and stuff, we're always out on Mead, It would be good to hook up with you and I'll bring a couple extra silvers too :D

Elsinore Cop
09-03-2002, 12:22 PM
I stopped a guy on a SeaDoo Saturday who was buzzing in and out of the no-wake zone at full speed, almost going right onto the beach, just missing swimmers, and generally pissing everyone off. Everyone on the beach applauded when I stopped him. They started laughing when I hooked him up for operating while intoxicated.

HotHallet
09-03-2002, 12:30 PM
LakeMead1- I was over at sandy Beach which is I guess HB cove on Friday and Saturday. I thought I might have seen your boat a few times but I didn't know for sure. The races are over by Sandy beach around this big island. We are going to head out there and watch them loop around and drink some brews. I have some friends racing. E-mail me back if you plan to come out. I might just hop in my folks boat due to cash flow so we will see.

hoolign
09-03-2002, 12:35 PM
Red = cut accros your bow
yellow = intentionally getting too close to anchored boats or boats picking up skiers
black = getting to close to a boat underway
white = playing too close to the back of your boat in your wake
blue = basic stupid manuevers without regard to surroundings
green = just because you hate PWC's
any combination of the above.
would'nt it be easier to purchase "rainbow" paintballs :D

Lakemead1
09-03-2002, 12:36 PM
HB Beach is outside of the narrows up the Overton Arm. We checked out Sandy beach real quick, but most of us hang at HB Beach so we went up that way. I'll drop you a note if we're coming out and we can hook up for sure!