PDA

View Full Version : It's good to be the King. 160+mph at the Heatwave Poker Run/Havasu

C-2
04-28-2003, 10:26 PM
A quick snippet from this past weekend.
Once again Predator could not be touched, even with a total of 11 Skaters registered. The next closest thing was Mike/Dave in the DCB Mach 34.
210 boats with over 1,000 people...this gig keeps getting better and better.
:D :D :D
http://home.att.net/~rfsolutions3/pixnflix/Predator_teaser.rm

locogringo
04-28-2003, 10:56 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but my friend said he was behind the 34 DCB and heard it "implode" (one of the motors). They stopped to ask if he needed a tow but D.H.said they would cruise on one motor.
He said that he looked awfully pissed.

locogringo
04-28-2003, 11:04 PM
By the way...that video is FREAKIN' AWESOME!
Is that front camera glassed into the mold?
Question.. how big of a smile or woddie did they have?

C-2
04-28-2003, 11:18 PM
locogringo:
By the way...that video is FREAKIN' AWESOME!
Is that front camera glassed into the mold?
Question.. how big of a smile or woddie did they have? Regarding the DCB, not sure of his exact problem, he ran with the Skater for some distance I believe. From our position at pilot rock the DCB was running strong. Both boats were about 5 seconds ahead of everybody else at that point. I know he smoked a motor at the last run.
That video is kick ass and is a temporary camera only. Listen to what they are saying, kinda cool.
I'll put up more video as soon as I get it.

Kilrtoy
04-28-2003, 11:21 PM
Ok that is just wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So where do I sign up for a ride

JetBoatRich
04-29-2003, 03:24 AM
That video is great, 160MPH :D Has to be a ride, imagine 100MPH feels like you are not even moving wink

mbrown2
04-29-2003, 06:06 AM
Now I want a video cam mounted looking forward, or hell just go for a ride.

havasulew
04-29-2003, 06:17 AM
OK, I'd really like to see the video but I don't have a program that will open it. Anybody got any help?

kevnmcd
04-29-2003, 06:47 AM
havasulew:
OK, I'd really like to see the video but I don't have a program that will open it. Anybody got any help? Me too! frown

Charley
04-29-2003, 06:58 AM
C2 Great Event!!!! ....just for the record Mike's DCB F-34 did fry a motor, and just for the record Dave still feel's that the boat they were in has the goods to tackle Predator ...but part of the bragging rights include the boat running the whole first leg WIDE OPEN......Congrads to Gary Smith and Larry Peto that's what they did.... :D

C-2
04-29-2003, 07:07 AM
It’s in “Real Media” format, you can download a free player at http://www.real.com/
The only downside to the real media player is you have to initially signup for their premium service. Just download it, save it then cancel the service. Otherwise it is automatic billing.
Hope it helps.
Hey Charley
Once again we missed each other…nothing like talking to a person for several years without meeting him :)
Glad to see you had fun.
Maybe Mike/Dave should visit Peto, that would be interesting :D :D :D

STV_Keith
04-29-2003, 07:16 AM
That video is frickin' cool...my only question...160mph, 4 people in the boat with basic life vests and NO helmets? You guys are nuts. eek!
[ April 29, 2003, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: STV_Keith ]

Jordy
04-29-2003, 07:20 AM
I can't believe that nobody has a video of an open bow Nordic with 7 people in it blowing by Predator... we beat everyone at the start of the afternoon run. It took them forever to catch-up. :D

havasulew
04-29-2003, 07:31 AM
Thanks C-2. I'll try downloads.com

Charley
04-29-2003, 07:31 AM
C-2:
Hey Charley
Once again we missed each other…nothing like talking to a person for several years without meeting him :)
Glad to see you had fun.
Maybe Mike/Dave should visit Peto, that would be interesting :D :D :D Hey I'm on a mac and have the Free player but can't get it going :mad: ... oh well...C2 sorry we missed again dammit it's gonna happen......any chance you have an mpg version of that clip?

Charley
04-29-2003, 07:33 AM
jordanpaulk:
I can't believe that nobody has a video of an open bow Nordic with 7 people in it blowing by Predator... we beat everyone at the start of the afternoon run. It took them forever to catch-up. :D I saw you guys jump out in front Jordy... that Nordic runs like the wind.... :D

AZKC
04-29-2003, 07:44 AM
Holy crap :cool: Thats a double e ticket ride.
KC

hack job
04-29-2003, 08:10 AM
that is some sweet footage , i cant imagine going that fast in a boat the best i have seen is 100. wow!

-Nezrik-
04-29-2003, 09:59 AM
That was very impressive. I want one of those. :D

Laveyman
04-29-2003, 02:19 PM
Friggin' awesome video. I think I'd give my left one to ride shotgun on that baby!

Jordy
04-29-2003, 02:42 PM
Charley:
I saw you guys jump out in front Jordy... that Nordic runs like the wind.... :D Alright, at least somebody saw it... :D

Sandbar Junkies
04-29-2003, 02:52 PM
jordanpaulk
Member # 3148 posted April 29, 2003 03:42 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Charley:
I saw you guys jump out in front Jordy... that Nordic runs like the wind....
Alright, at least somebody saw it...
I think if you lose some of that dead weight from up front you might have a chance to win it all. :D It was nice to see you guys out there. Next time I will have more time to hang out and party.

Jordy
04-29-2003, 02:55 PM
I think the dead weight up front was the only thing keeping us alive. There were a couple exceptions, but we figured out that to be invited to be part of the crew on this poker run (or porker run) you had to be upwards of 200lbs or so. :D :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
04-29-2003, 02:58 PM
Charley:
...but part of the bragging rights include the boat running the whole first leg WIDE OPEN......Congrads to Gary Smith and Larry Peto that's what they did....So if I'm hearing you right, Charley...we need to find someone with a DCB with Peto motors...
Hmmmm.....

Charley
04-29-2003, 03:17 PM
NO NO NO.... HH your such an instigator!! you sure your a moderator? :D
I finally got to watch the video.... and if you watch between 1:10 - 1:50 you will see Dave and Mike sneaking up on Predator in the F34... the guy in the back seat says a boat is coming up on the left @ 1:10 then he drops back again and you see him coming up again and @ 1:45 he says he's even with us then you see the 34 come across the wake... thats when the DCB blew the motor, which made it hook right...Pretty wild Video!

mbrown2
04-29-2003, 03:21 PM
When they came across that wake, it actually looked a little too close for comfort...they must have been running pretty close too each other.
Either way, that Predator was hauling ass...

Craig
04-29-2003, 03:21 PM
Talking to Larry's wife, she said the only boat that was close was Teagues. But if the DCB was out of the running at the git go, they wouldn't have been concerned about him. Millions and millions of horsepower don't matter if they don't stay together :) That is a cool video. Love the blower whine! Wish we didn't always have a freakin' outage every April and October frown

skater40
04-29-2003, 04:49 PM
Hi everybody-Just for the record every boat that had Larry's motors in them finished the poker run and i believe there were at least 8 happy boaters.When you are able to see and hear the entire video,including the aerial shots from pilot rock and the calif. side across from steam boat cove along with the Az.Game and Fishs video at the end of the First card stop,then you will be able to view exactly how far in front of everybody else we were.Stephany Peto is right-It dont matter how fast you think you are-realibility is the key to finishing ALL five card stops.Gary

Havasu Hangin'
04-29-2003, 05:49 PM
Charley:
NO NO NO.... HH your such an instigator!! you sure your a moderator?Charley...I think you've known me long enough to figure out that I have to earn all this pay I'm gettin' as a moderator...just keepin' you guys on your toes.
So now your sayin' you don't like Peto motors? Get off the fence, man...bolt some huffers on!
BTW, Gary...all kidding aside...that is a great boat...you guys were really haulin' the mail. Let me know if you ever need some help wiping it down...
...I'll call one-armed ParkerDave.

WetWillie
04-29-2003, 07:11 PM
Charley:
C-2:
Hey Charley
Glad to see you had fun.
Maybe Mike/Dave should visit Peto, that would be interesting :D :D :D Hey I'm on a mac and have the Free player but can't get it going :mad: ... oh well...C2 sorry we missed again dammit it's gonna happen......any chance you have an mpg version of that clip? Go here www.apple.com (http://www.apple.com) they have the viewer for MAC and WIN.
BB

Duck
04-29-2003, 07:52 PM
I'm surprised noboby has mentioned the two cameras placed on the front of the Party Grau Kachina and on Pesky Varmits Nordic 38. In the rough water there are a couple of rail vs water shots that are incredible. Marv will be looking for more interesting rides at the next run. From my camera at Black Meadow-Gary's Skater dusted the fleet by almost a full minute, could have had a silver. The boat that didn't make it that I wanted to see was the 40'Skater with two turbines/Arnesons, turbine trouble is what I was told. The final edit will be on DVD, fyi. Duck

Charley
04-29-2003, 09:12 PM
skater40:
Hi everybody-Just for the record every boat that had Larry's motors in them finished the poker run and i believe there were at least 8 happy boaters.I absolutely agree .. I was one of them and Larry has done right by me so far :D ! Gary your boat looked and ran awesome congrads!

TOBTEK
04-29-2003, 09:35 PM
wow....awesome footage. Gave me goosebumps. Looks like alot of work to go fast! and cubic dollars!!!!

Trouble Maker
04-30-2003, 03:28 AM
Great video......we need more!!!
Instead of "cubic dollars"...how about "exponential dollars"!!!
:D :D :D

COELIMINATOR
04-30-2003, 07:27 AM
Gary, when Dave in the DCB was coming up next to you how fast were you running??? When he crossed your wake he was pretty close!!!! Scary!!!

skater40
04-30-2003, 08:07 AM
Coeliminator-We had slowed to 120 to navigate traffic at copper canyon and make the turn atpilot rock.There was boat traffic in front of us so it was decieving when you see the DCB coming up on the left side of the lake in smooth water.The video guy on pilot rock got a better view and he said they came dangerously close enough to take the full brunt of our rooster tail, and that quite honestly may be what killed there engine.The full video will tell the true story.

Dusty Times
04-30-2003, 08:44 AM
Congrats-very impressive weekend Gary,
After all of that and some very experienced driving(actually slowing to navigate) I saw your boat making the Sunday cruise to the south end of the lake. And yes everyone, both engines were still running. A very well rigged and preped boat.

COELIMINATOR
04-30-2003, 09:39 AM
Gary, the video shows how close Dave was to you when he crossed your wake. If he lost the engine and hooked, I am glad that he wasn't any closer than he was. Talk about a disaster. Luck was with you. Anyway, I have had the opportunity to watch you "BLOW" by me at Havasu, and like others have said, AWESOME boat.

Havasu Cig
04-30-2003, 01:54 PM
We were at Havasu Palms when the DCB crossed Predator's wake. I will have to look at the video we shot, but I am sure you can here me on the audio saying "HOLY $HIT". It looked real close to us, and the bow of the 34 lifted pretty high.

dossangers
04-30-2003, 02:25 PM
thats crazy without full race gear the guy in the back seat looks like he was going to be launched any time!!