PDA

View Full Version : San Diego boat show!

Hotcrusader76
01-06-2003, 04:55 PM
http://www.discoverboating.com/sandiego/index.asp?bhcp=1
This weekend! Who's going?
I know Chaddy, Tina, Jewels, and I will be there most likely Saturday.

Mandelon
01-06-2003, 09:48 PM
Oh Baby, I'm commmmming. Then I'll be going...I'm thinking to ditch work a little early Friday and beat the weekend crowds. Last year was a little congested, if you know what I mean.

Froggystyle
01-06-2003, 10:27 PM
I'll be there for sure.

roln 20s
01-06-2003, 10:34 PM
Froggy,
How's the new Ultra coming? Did you ever sell your "On the rocks" Ultra? I look forward to seeing this next Ultra.
Roln 20s

MsHotCrusader
01-07-2003, 09:22 AM
Froggystyle:
I'll be there for sure. Hey Froggy, that's good news. I'm sure HotCrusader would love to meet you! Which day are you going??

78Eliminator
01-07-2003, 09:42 AM
Anyone want to go Sunday?

Elsinore Cop
01-07-2003, 10:41 AM
There is supposed to be a RV, Boat, and Off-Road show at the Lake Elsinore Campground and beach area Feb 7th, 8th, and 9th. I don't know who the vendors are, but will post when I get the info.

mbrown2
01-07-2003, 11:44 AM
Whoever is going to the show please take some pics...seems that the Boat Show section in the Media Center needs some new Boat Show Pics...

MsHotCrusader
01-07-2003, 12:05 PM
No RD, we've never met up with Froggy. I have heard that they have things in common, specifically the Military background etc. and I know he's fond of Froggy for his knowledge and background, therefore I thought it would be great for them to meet. So hope to run into ya Froggy!

Froggystyle
01-07-2003, 01:10 PM
roln 20s:
Froggy,
How's the new Ultra coming? Did you ever sell your "On the rocks" Ultra? I look forward to seeing this next Ultra.
Roln 20s Not building an Ultra now... I decided to go a different route.
OTR is back on sale again, will probably hit the trader within the next couple of weeks to make room for the new hotness!

Froggystyle
01-07-2003, 01:11 PM
MsHotCrusader:
No RD, we've never met up with Froggy. I have heard that they have things in common, specifically the Military background etc. and I know he's fond of Froggy for his knowledge and background, therefore I thought it would be great for them to meet. So hope to run into ya Froggy! Audrey and I can't wait to meet you two either. What day are you two going? I am probably making it all three.
Wes

MsHotCrusader
01-07-2003, 01:14 PM
HC says...tentatively Sat...I hear it's completely packed..so not sure how that would work out but we can try!

Hotcrusader76
01-07-2003, 04:06 PM
Froggystyle:
roln 20s:
Froggy,
Roln 20s Not building an Ultra now... I decided to go a different route.
OTR is back on sale again, will probably hit the trader within the next couple of weeks to make room for the new hotness! I'm behind ya on that Wes! Rock on with Hotness...

Hotcrusader76
01-07-2003, 04:08 PM
RiverDave:
What are the "custom" vendors that are going to be at the show.. (I realize I could probably click on the link above, but I'm just trying to make converstion. :D )
RD I have no idea Dave ...
I am going to be calling you next week or even this weekend at that. I have some loose ends to tie up first before I put this on your plate :p ...

Hotcrusader76
01-07-2003, 04:11 PM
Gosh what the heck is going on here...
My personal little secretary filling up my day planner? :rolleyes: One minute I come home and it's a date with Chaddy and the Miss, then a movie the next night, then she's booking the peeps for the San Diego boat show :D ...
My kind of gal wink ...

Mandelon
01-10-2003, 10:46 PM
Just got home from the show. NO customs. Unless you like Moose boats. They're aluminum coast guard type offshore rigs. Lots of Wakeboard boats from Mobius, Correct Craft and Ski Nautique. Not a jet to be seen anywhere..(unless you count Seadoo)
Larson, Searay, Chaparral, Bayliner, Glastron etc,,, lots of family boats, and many fishing boats. Cobalt and Crownline not there. NO custom ***boats...Formula was there with a 26' Open Bow and a $120K Fastech but that was it as far as muscle boats.. $8.00 parking and $5.00 beers..if you like Bud.
There were some really nice offshore rigs outside on the docks, they start at $250,000 and go up to to $2,500,000 for the Vikings and Sunseekers............
Better to drive to LA and see the real deal.!!
[ January 11, 2003, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: Mandelon ]

NEW 2 RIVER
01-10-2003, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the info Mandelon I been trying to find out if that show was a tri hull convention or what.looks like you saved me a long drive.
no customs
no new 2 river

hot_diggity_dog
01-11-2003, 08:26 AM
:cool:

hot_diggity_dog
01-11-2003, 08:28 AM
The SD show is mostly a Saltwater show in the water. Bring a pair of shoes that you can take off easily and go check out all of the High dollar boats. Most of these boats have better finishes then most homes. There's only one custom boat show and that's LA. I'm going today.
HDD :cool:

Froggystyle
01-11-2003, 09:19 AM
If anyone wants to meet up... here is what we are going to do.
At around 12:00 we will be just inside the main entrance. Last year there was a Boating safety duck inflatable thing there. My cell is 619.823.5643 and I would love to hook up with anyone from the forums. We are planning on hitting the show a little in the morning, and then getting some lunch, and back to the show.
Squirts up!
[ January 11, 2003, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Froggystyle ]